Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fine margins keeping Bees from play offs - Interview 23:53 - Apr 19 with 1972 viewsNorthernr

Fine margins keeping Bees from play-offs — Interview 19th Apr 2018 23:51
Despite not winning any of their first 11, Brentford remain in the hunt for a play-off spot with three games to go. Billy Grant from Beesotted says it could have been better still but for points lost from winning positions. 1

Fine margins keeping Bees from play offs - Interview on 07:42 - Apr 20 with 1844 viewsrsonist

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/21/chris-mepham-ryan-giggs-brentfo

"The other one I had lined up was QPR, and that’s my boyhood team. They had a meeting with me and said: ‘When we come to sign someone, we look at one thing which we might try and develop. But we can’t see anything we can work on with you.’ That was very hard to hear. My mindset after that was awful; that took a massive chunk out of me. In your head you feel you are never going to get accepted anywhere. So at that point I said to my mum and dad that I wanted to take myself out of academy football."
Fine margins keeping Bees from play offs - Interview on 11:08 - Apr 20 with 1745 viewsquickpassrotter

Yes, we can really spot them, can't we ! A young player who was at Chelsea Academy for many years learning how to play the game and maximise his talent. Let go as the huge raft of overseas youth players flooded into Chelsea - he was an ideal player for QPR to pick up, and has huge links with the club too. How we did not really spot his talent when he trialed for us - goodness knows. We really missed out there, and it was our own downfall. A young, quick, aggressive, football playing centre back - just what we need. Can't see Brentford holding onto him for more than two seasons now, or could loose him sooner.
At least we seem to be sorting out the youth system and academy now, and not before time - but missing out on Chris Mepham was a big mistake.
Fine margins keeping Bees from play offs - Interview on 11:56 - Apr 20 with 1693 viewssimmo

I like the club and really enjoy the way they have gone about things, but this smug superiority complex that seems so prevalent in their fanbase atm makes it hard to not hope they miss out. Predicting 4th in pre-season for starters... Behave.

I do agree about the new stadium though, 17k odd is a great size and I think they will benefit from it. I really love Griffin Park and similar to LR, if we were to move I would rather a smaller/closed in ground than some big bowl that allows more corporate facilities but means 5-10k empty seats every game when things are shite.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Fine margins keeping Bees from play offs - Interview on 11:59 - Apr 20 with 1689 viewsdaveB

Fine margins keeping Bees from play offs - Interview on 11:56 - Apr 20 by simmo

I like the club and really enjoy the way they have gone about things, but this smug superiority complex that seems so prevalent in their fanbase atm makes it hard to not hope they miss out. Predicting 4th in pre-season for starters... Behave.

I do agree about the new stadium though, 17k odd is a great size and I think they will benefit from it. I really love Griffin Park and similar to LR, if we were to move I would rather a smaller/closed in ground than some big bowl that allows more corporate facilities but means 5-10k empty seats every game when things are shite.

yeah I quite like what they are doing but you'd think they are the new barcelona the way some of their fans carry on. They have done well but no better than Preston really who don't get half the credit Brentford fans give themselves
Fine margins keeping Bees from play offs - Interview on 12:01 - Apr 20 with 1682 viewsDorse

Just goes to show how important our scouting and youth development has to be if we are going to make a go of things in an FFP world.

We missed Mepham but we did get: Manning and Smyth (from NI/Eire), Eze (Millwall), Chair (Lierse SK), Oteh (Spurs) and so on. Things are changing for QPR and with any luck we can start to build up young players rather than block their development as we look to create a more sustainable model.

For what it's worth, good on Mepham for sticking with it - shows a lot of character.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fine margins keeping Bees from play offs - Interview on 12:38 - Apr 20 with 1643 viewsrsonist

Misjudging young players is obviously not ideal but it does happen, to every club, all the time. (For a "physical defender" Mepham's certainly filled out since he was 16 - http://www.ealingtimes.co.uk/news/11290488.Why_Brentford_FC_s_new_scholar_is_pro

Telling him what we told him the way we told him is inexcusable however. Shame on whoever was responsible.
Fine margins keeping Bees from play offs - Interview on 12:45 - Apr 20 with 1627 viewsDiscodroids

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Fine margins keeping Bees from play offs - Interview on 14:25 - Apr 20 with 1559 viewssimmo

Fine margins keeping Bees from play offs - Interview on 12:45 - Apr 20 by Discodroids

Excellent work... What an absolute weapon that guy is.

I absolutely love Clint Hill, any reminder of incidents like this will always make me wish he was 10 years younger and tied down to a lifetime contract with us

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Fine margins keeping Bees from play offs - Interview on 15:17 - Apr 20 with 1509 viewsSydneyRs

Imagine if the happiest day of your life was a win v QPR.

Many of us remember winning home and away against the biggest clubs in the country. We know when thing aren't going so well, because we have to play Brentford.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024