Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robinson and Baptiste. 08:20 - Apr 20 with 6192 viewsconnell10

Could both miss the Brentford game, Robinson has come down with a illness and Baptiste has a bad knee!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Robinson and Baptiste. on 12:01 - Apr 20 with 1388 viewssmegma

Robinson and Baptiste. on 11:57 - Apr 20 by daveB

Would that have guaranteed a win against Preston then? Smith came in for Sylla and scored and has been playing well recently, Manning came in for Smyth and did fine as well,. It was hardly an under 11 team he put out.

He could have picked the team you wanted and been just as likely to lose last weekend. Much was made of that sheff Wed win and not changing the team but for 70 minutes of that game we were pretty poor and were hanging on for a lot of the game, he was right to make changes against a better side and he should be making 5 changes to last weeks team for tomorrow as well no matter how unpopular that makes him.

We were poor for 70 mins against Wednesday ?????
Robinson and Baptiste. on 12:03 - Apr 20 with 1383 viewsdaveB

Robinson and Baptiste. on 11:59 - Apr 20 by ozexile

I beg to differ but I respect your opinion.

looks like he's going to be forced into two changes but for me he needs to make more. Brentford are very good out wide, we've been badly exposed out wide in the last 3 games so Holloway needs to bring in Pawel for his energy on one wing and either Smyth or Manning on the other so thats 4 changes before you even get to Scowen, Smithies and Freeman coming back in
Robinson and Baptiste. on 12:04 - Apr 20 with 1381 viewsDavieQPR

It's not who he picks but the constant changes that would unsettle any team.
Play well, have a good game. Doesn't matter your dropped next week.
Robinson and Baptiste. on 12:10 - Apr 20 with 1354 viewsdaveB

Robinson and Baptiste. on 12:01 - Apr 20 by smegma

I thought we were pretty poor after the 3rd goal till the end of the game, I know not many agree but I thought sheff wed could have scored 4 or 5 in that time and we offered next to nothing going forward after a brilliant start
Robinson and Baptiste. on 12:10 - Apr 20 with 1344 viewsDiscodroids

Robinson and Baptiste. on 09:49 - Apr 20 by paulparker

I was a blinding Centre back in the day , a cross between tony adams and terry fenwick
POTY 4 years on the trot for club , Hayes and district 2nd division champions , Berkshire league cup champions as honours , im in my forties but still available for the call

Having met PP a few times I can confirm the veracity of his credentials.

I've never seen such superhuman adamantium alloy grafted defensive powers as when he's asked to open up his wallet and get a beer in at the bar. He sticks closer to his purse than Claudio Gentile with his packet of trusty solvite poured down Maradona's Le Coq Sportif hot pants at the '82 world cup.

Only joshing PP, Im so unfit i cant have a w ank these days without having to spendthe following two days in hyper sleep submerged in a plasma pool of raw vitamins and augmented minerals to aid recovery.

I For one cast my vote for PP to partner Perch. The David O'leary to perch's Willie Young.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Robinson and Baptiste. on 12:14 - Apr 20 with 1340 viewsAntti_Heinola

Robinson and Baptiste. on 12:01 - Apr 20 by smegma

poor is exaggerating, but i saw someone say it was our best performance of the season and was quite baffled. It was our best 15 minutes of the season, but after that it wasn't great - not that it needed to be, of course. That game could easily have finished 4-4.

Bare bones.

Robinson and Baptiste. on 12:31 - Apr 20 with 1304 viewsdannyblue

Robinson and Baptiste. on 11:52 - Apr 20 by smegma

Getting his excuses in early

Chef and Smegma I reckon you're both right. Both mind games and getting excuses in early.

Suspect at least one or both of 'Baps' and Robbo will play, and if they play poorly they were gents for giving it a go, and if they play well it'll 'just show the character of the men'.
Robinson and Baptiste. on 12:42 - Apr 20 with 1282 viewsdaveB

Robinson and Baptiste. on 12:31 - Apr 20 by dannyblue

Chef and Smegma I reckon you're both right. Both mind games and getting excuses in early.

Suspect at least one or both of 'Baps' and Robbo will play, and if they play poorly they were gents for giving it a go, and if they play well it'll 'just show the character of the men'.

and if they say nothing beforehand about them being doubts and neither play then holloway will get slated for tinkering, rumours will be that Robinson didn't want to play. Can't win really
Login to get fewer ads

Robinson and Baptiste. on 12:43 - Apr 20 with 1279 viewsdannyblue

Robinson and Baptiste. on 12:42 - Apr 20 by daveB

and if they say nothing beforehand about them being doubts and neither play then holloway will get slated for tinkering, rumours will be that Robinson didn't want to play. Can't win really

Yeah I think it's a smart comment from Olly tbh
Robinson and Baptiste. on 13:09 - Apr 20 with 1240 viewsqprd

Robinson and Baptiste. on 12:43 - Apr 20 by dannyblue

Yeah I think it's a smart comment from Olly tbh

I'm all about seeing the kids. In particular, i would like to see Phillips at least make the bench at some point before the season ends

However, playing one of the academy kids at centerback tomorrow would be an absolute recipe for disaster- derbies aren't a great team for a kid to make a debut; Phillips plays poorly and his confidence could be shot for a long time... id rather lose tomorrow than risk him going forward

Personally, i'd fancy Bidwell-Perch-Furlong-Kakay
Robinson and Baptiste. on 13:13 - Apr 20 with 1231 viewsdaveB

Robinson and Baptiste. on 13:09 - Apr 20 by qprd

I'm all about seeing the kids. In particular, i would like to see Phillips at least make the bench at some point before the season ends

However, playing one of the academy kids at centerback tomorrow would be an absolute recipe for disaster- derbies aren't a great team for a kid to make a debut; Phillips plays poorly and his confidence could be shot for a long time... id rather lose tomorrow than risk him going forward

Personally, i'd fancy Bidwell-Perch-Furlong-Kakay

surely playing a centre half no matter his age has to be better than playing 4 full backs?

i reckon he'll switch to a back 3 of Bidwell, perch and Furlong if the pair of them are missing and go with Pawel and Manning as wing backs which I am sure will cause an absolute meltdown
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 13:14]
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:23 - Apr 20 with 1212 viewsJacksDad

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:01 - Apr 20 by JacksDad

pssst don't tell anyone but I have a feeling Furs2.0 will have a career path similar to Mr P Parker esq ... his prodigious leap making up for his lack of height.
Robinson and Baptiste. on 13:23 - Apr 20 with 1212 viewsEsox_Lucius

It's times like this you have to ask "What would Sol Campbell do?"

The grass is always greener.

Robinson and Baptiste. on 13:29 - Apr 20 with 1201 viewsAntti_Heinola

Robinson and Baptiste. on 12:42 - Apr 20 by daveB

Well, unless we actually, you know, win.

Bare bones.

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:30 - Apr 20 with 1200 viewsJacksDad

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:01 - Apr 20 by JacksDad

pssst don't tell anyone but I have a feeling Furs2.0 will have a career path similar to Mr P Parker esq ... his prodigious leap making up for his lack of height.
Robinson and Baptiste. on 13:31 - Apr 20 with 1199 viewsAntti_Heinola

Robinson and Baptiste. on 13:13 - Apr 20 by daveB

surely playing a centre half no matter his age has to be better than playing 4 full backs?

i reckon he'll switch to a back 3 of Bidwell, perch and Furlong if the pair of them are missing and go with Pawel and Manning as wing backs which I am sure will cause an absolute meltdown

clubs notoriously do not like giving young centre halves a go in the first team, as it's seen as the most exposed position. That's partly why England has so very few quality centre backs, you could argue.

Bare bones.

Robinson and Baptiste. on 13:45 - Apr 20 with 1182 viewsqprd

I know we're riding out the rest of the season, and tomorrow's match ultimately doesn't mean much in the grand scheme, but

FFS, why have QPR published a statement saying that Baptiste and Robbo may be out? Does anyone else do this?

Managers like Mourinho safeguard their team selections like they're top government secrets. Yet, we're volunteering to our opposition that both of our remaining centerbacks likely wont play?

Just strikes me as daft to give away information the opposition
Robinson and Baptiste. on 16:42 - Apr 20 with 1064 viewsdaveB

Robinson and Baptiste. on 13:45 - Apr 20 by qprd

I know we're riding out the rest of the season, and tomorrow's match ultimately doesn't mean much in the grand scheme, but

FFS, why have QPR published a statement saying that Baptiste and Robbo may be out? Does anyone else do this?

Managers like Mourinho safeguard their team selections like they're top government secrets. Yet, we're volunteering to our opposition that both of our remaining centerbacks likely wont play?

Just strikes me as daft to give away information the opposition

When the club say nothing about injuries and the player is missing then QPR fans tend to lose their shit and go mad at why that player hasn't been picked and then when it's revealed they were injured they have a go at the club for not telling them before the match he was injured. So basically they can't win.
Robinson and Baptiste. on 16:52 - Apr 20 with 1049 viewsbosh67

Agggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Okay meltdown over. If we weren't so sh*t at 3-5-2 this may work but sadly we are and the possible other problem is that we may find ourselves camped in our own area and playing too deep if we went this way..... So I fully expect that this is what will happen.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Robinson and Baptiste. on 17:08 - Apr 20 with 1032 viewsdaveB

Robinson and Baptiste. on 16:52 - Apr 20 by bosh67

Agggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Okay meltdown over. If we weren't so sh*t at 3-5-2 this may work but sadly we are and the possible other problem is that we may find ourselves camped in our own area and playing too deep if we went this way..... So I fully expect that this is what will happen.

We're not that bad at 3-5-2, I know we got ripped apart against Forest but needs must really if we have no fit centre halves this might suit us better for this game
Robinson and Baptiste. on 18:17 - Apr 20 with 982 viewsHunterhoop

I was a blinding Centre back in the day , a cross between tony adams and terry fenwick
POTY 4 years on the trot for club , Hayes and district 2nd division champions , Berkshire league cup champions as honours , im in my forties but still available for the call

I was CB for ASB for about 8 years. Several promotions. Best defensive record in the league twice. 8 clean sheets in one season of 14 games. Haven't played for two seasons for two years, and I'll be pissed tonight and again by 3pm, but I still have my boots.

Surely will be

Furs RB
Perch CB
Giles/Paul CB
Bidwell LB

Fewest changes. Only one debut and one player we aren't sure can hold his own at this level.
Robinson and Baptiste. on 18:21 - Apr 20 with 977 viewsHunterhoop

Robinson and Baptiste. on 17:08 - Apr 20 by daveB

We're not that bad at 3-5-2, I know we got ripped apart against Forest but needs must really if we have no fit centre halves this might suit us better for this game

Statiscally we are MILES better with a back 4 than a back 3 this season. Both defending and going forward.

Contrary to 'Arry's belief, the formation is more important than the players. Stick to the same shape. Play a back 4 of:

Furs RB
Perch CB
Phillips CB
Bidwell LB
Robinson and Baptiste. on 18:25 - Apr 20 with 974 viewsPunteR

Get your boots on son ..

Are you the real Paul Parker btw.?
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 18:44]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Robinson and Baptiste. on 20:03 - Apr 20 with 916 viewsRoller

Brentford were the first team to really exploit the space down the side of our back three, I'd be surprised if we did revert to this formation against them regardless of injuries.

I suspect that either Robinson or Baptiste will play tomorrow.
Robinson and Baptiste. on 21:38 - Apr 20 with 867 viewsdistortR

oh, the who, the what, the why, the where and the when, the cut and thrust of Holloway team selection!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024