Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wenger quits end of season 09:59 - Apr 20 with 8211 viewsbosh67

End of an era for him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43834283
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 10:00]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wenger quits end of season on 15:13 - Apr 20 with 1744 viewspaulparker

if Belgium have a decent World cup I could see Martinez & Henry going there

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wenger quits end of season on 15:17 - Apr 20 with 1733 viewsPBLOCK

No doubt about it the guy has transformed Arsenal over time think the season before he rocked up we trounced the 3-1 home and away.

He was lucky in a couple of respects (Goalie and Defence he inherited) but he has signed some great players and put together a couple of sides who are to be held up in the modern era. Has always been a bit suspect with some of his defensive signings.

Can see him taking the France job if they were to blow up at the World Cup.

Few possible candidates but cant see them giving it to Viera outright. He's done 2 years in the MLS with Man City C team and has hardly ripped it up as far as I'm aware. Could see them going for Ancellotti on a 2/3 year deal with Viera, Henry as number 2. Ancellotti taking his connections with that mob from Sw London is a top manager who has had success pretty much everywhere he has been. Knows the Prem and London and is not managing at the minute so no compensation.
Wenger quits end of season on 15:18 - Apr 20 with 1730 viewsbosh67

Joachim Löw all day long for them. Done 12 years with the national team. 58. Perfect age to go into Arsenal. Perfect manager for them in terms of the way he manages.

Either that or he comes here Ollie goes to Germany!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wenger quits end of season on 15:23 - Apr 20 with 1720 viewskensalriser

Whoever it is, will he last more than a season?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wenger quits end of season on 15:39 - Apr 20 with 1691 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wenger quits end of season on 15:17 - Apr 20 by PBLOCK

No doubt about it the guy has transformed Arsenal over time think the season before he rocked up we trounced the 3-1 home and away.

He was lucky in a couple of respects (Goalie and Defence he inherited) but he has signed some great players and put together a couple of sides who are to be held up in the modern era. Has always been a bit suspect with some of his defensive signings.

Can see him taking the France job if they were to blow up at the World Cup.

Few possible candidates but cant see them giving it to Viera outright. He's done 2 years in the MLS with Man City C team and has hardly ripped it up as far as I'm aware. Could see them going for Ancellotti on a 2/3 year deal with Viera, Henry as number 2. Ancellotti taking his connections with that mob from Sw London is a top manager who has had success pretty much everywhere he has been. Knows the Prem and London and is not managing at the minute so no compensation.

to be fair, he did inherit a good defence, but by the time of the invincibles when their defence was amazing, it was a whole new defence - Lauren, Toure, Campbell, Cole.

Bare bones.

Wenger quits end of season on 15:50 - Apr 20 with 1657 viewsSnipper

Watching SSN, they’re banging on about how Wenger has picked a good time to go.

He was definitely pushed. He didn’t pick the time, he was told that if he didn’t go, he would be pushed.

The fans who’ve been staying away, and vocal in their anti Wenger histrionics, will no doubt be back vs West Ham cheering Wenger to the rafters.

I’ve always had a soft spot for Arsenal, but a bit of me hopes they pick the wrong man for the job and they finish mid table.
Wenger quits end of season on 16:13 - Apr 20 with 1634 viewsMrSheen

I don’t agree he’s been badly treated. Though he was a great innovator and the first half of his reign produced some of the best football ever seen in this country, he’s been paid over £100m since he last won the league. While teams like Liverpool and, most damagingly for him, Spurs have overhauled their team for a lot less and are now capable of beating the best, Wenger’s teams repeat the same old failings and look increasingly disorganised and gutless. If there wasn’t a leadership vacuum at the top, with the deadlock between Kroenke and Usmanov, he would have been pushed out years ago. Look what they could have had, Guardiola, Klopp, Spaletti. Sure many Arsenal fans, like people everywhere, are spoilt, whiny knobs, but he was well overdue. If he wasn’t so greedy, he should have gone after the Bayern 10-2.
Wenger quits end of season on 16:20 - Apr 20 with 1618 viewsPhildo

Will be a handy fixture to get to in the championship in years to come,
Login to get fewer ads

Wenger quits end of season on 16:35 - Apr 20 with 1592 viewsNorthernr

The thing I'll never understand is why he went away from the pace, power and tempo that was what the invincibles were all about to the ineffective, tippy tappy, midgets trying to score the perfect goal, flat track bullies with no backbone we see now.

Arsenal used to be nasty as well as tremendous to watch, I remember the amount of red cards during Wenger's time was a big thing at one point. They were unplayable in every respect, better than you on the ball, stronger than you without it, quicker than you, supremely brilliant to watch but also absolute masters of dark arts and mixing it. It was the perfect football side.

Why he went from that to a collection of little boys with fcking stupid haircuts all trying to play 'ten' at the same time, beating Norwich 4-0 at home while taking panenka penalties but folding like a pack of cards at the first sign of any trouble, I'll never get.
Wenger quits end of season on 16:57 - Apr 20 with 1552 viewstimcocking

It would be so excellent if Arsenal nosedived next year somehow...
Wenger quits end of season on 17:06 - Apr 20 with 1534 viewsTacticalR

Wenger quits end of season on 16:35 - Apr 20 by Northernr

The thing I'll never understand is why he went away from the pace, power and tempo that was what the invincibles were all about to the ineffective, tippy tappy, midgets trying to score the perfect goal, flat track bullies with no backbone we see now.

Arsenal used to be nasty as well as tremendous to watch, I remember the amount of red cards during Wenger's time was a big thing at one point. They were unplayable in every respect, better than you on the ball, stronger than you without it, quicker than you, supremely brilliant to watch but also absolute masters of dark arts and mixing it. It was the perfect football side.

Why he went from that to a collection of little boys with fcking stupid haircuts all trying to play 'ten' at the same time, beating Norwich 4-0 at home while taking panenka penalties but folding like a pack of cards at the first sign of any trouble, I'll never get.

He did the same thing at Monaco.

It's Monaco - the Sequel
http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/wenger-sells-the-tal/

Air hostess clique

Wenger quits end of season on 17:28 - Apr 20 with 1512 viewsPBLOCK

Wenger quits end of season on 15:39 - Apr 20 by Antti_Heinola

to be fair, he did inherit a good defence, but by the time of the invincibles when their defence was amazing, it was a whole new defence - Lauren, Toure, Campbell, Cole.

Fair point Antti, but Campbell was on his door step Cole through the Youth. When was the last time he got hold of a young defender ala Lauren, You're (not having Bellerin he was out of Barca youth and went for money like Fabregas) 15 years ago?

He is one of the best managers to work over here no question and what he did at Arsenal early on put them ahead of the rest of the field while extending careers of people like Adams.

Defensively especially some of his signings have been middling to poor.

As others have said Arsenal used to play top football Henry, Overmars ,Pires and had great players who could play brilliantly while being nasty with it Viera Petit etc

Arsenal for the last 5-10 years havent had that. Over the course of a season they arent top drawer. In a cup competition they are always dangerous as when they are good they are very good but there are too.many fragilities that have been exposed time after time but no been resolved
Wenger quits end of season on 17:34 - Apr 20 with 1509 viewsjohncharles

The Long Goodbye.

Strong and stable my arse.

Wenger quits end of season on 18:15 - Apr 20 with 1482 viewsR_from_afar

Wenger quits end of season on 16:13 - Apr 20 by MrSheen

I don’t agree he’s been badly treated. Though he was a great innovator and the first half of his reign produced some of the best football ever seen in this country, he’s been paid over £100m since he last won the league. While teams like Liverpool and, most damagingly for him, Spurs have overhauled their team for a lot less and are now capable of beating the best, Wenger’s teams repeat the same old failings and look increasingly disorganised and gutless. If there wasn’t a leadership vacuum at the top, with the deadlock between Kroenke and Usmanov, he would have been pushed out years ago. Look what they could have had, Guardiola, Klopp, Spaletti. Sure many Arsenal fans, like people everywhere, are spoilt, whiny knobs, but he was well overdue. If he wasn’t so greedy, he should have gone after the Bayern 10-2.

Whilst I agree that Arsenal have now become a tier two Premiership side and that Liverpool and Spurs have risen to be better teams than the Gunners, and far more likely to challenge for the league and Champions League, during that period of change, Arsenal have - ironically - still won far more trophies.

In fact, in another irony, Arsenal have perennially been lambasted for finishing in the top four but not mounting a serious title challenge. Now that is what Spurs and Liverpool are doing.

I am desperate for them to win the Europa League now. It would be such a fitting end to Wenger's reign, many of the pundits would be aghast, and many of the Wenger haters amongst the Arsenal fans would be hugely conflicted given that the Europa League is a tough one to win, especially if it means getting past A Madrid.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Wenger quits end of season on 19:27 - Apr 20 with 1454 viewsFredManRave

Joey Barton must be gutted.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Wenger quits end of season on 20:46 - Apr 20 with 1411 viewsTacticalR

Wenger quits end of season on 18:15 - Apr 20 by R_from_afar

Whilst I agree that Arsenal have now become a tier two Premiership side and that Liverpool and Spurs have risen to be better teams than the Gunners, and far more likely to challenge for the league and Champions League, during that period of change, Arsenal have - ironically - still won far more trophies.

In fact, in another irony, Arsenal have perennially been lambasted for finishing in the top four but not mounting a serious title challenge. Now that is what Spurs and Liverpool are doing.

I am desperate for them to win the Europa League now. It would be such a fitting end to Wenger's reign, many of the pundits would be aghast, and many of the Wenger haters amongst the Arsenal fans would be hugely conflicted given that the Europa League is a tough one to win, especially if it means getting past A Madrid.

RFA

'He has lost in the final of every European competition he has entered - Cup Winners’ Cup with Monaco in 1992, UEFA Cup with Arsenal in 2000 and the Champions League in 2006'
https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2018/apr/20/arsenal-announce-arsene-we

Air hostess clique

Wenger quits end of season on 20:58 - Apr 20 with 1391 viewsMatch82

Wenger quits end of season on 20:46 - Apr 20 by TacticalR

'He has lost in the final of every European competition he has entered - Cup Winners’ Cup with Monaco in 1992, UEFA Cup with Arsenal in 2000 and the Champions League in 2006'
https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2018/apr/20/arsenal-announce-arsene-we

That's literally the same thing as saying "he's reached the final of every European competition he has entered" but with a negative spin.
Wenger quits end of season on 13:11 - Apr 21 with 1246 viewsTacticalR

Should there be a minute's silence for Wenger at today's game?

Air hostess clique

Wenger quits end of season on 13:18 - Apr 21 with 1240 viewsSnipper

Wenger quits end of season on 13:11 - Apr 21 by TacticalR

Should there be a minute's silence for Wenger at today's game?

There’s normally 90 minutes of silence there.

Init fam?
Wenger quits end of season on 13:26 - Apr 21 with 1233 viewsTacticalR

Wenger quits end of season on 13:18 - Apr 21 by Snipper

There’s normally 90 minutes of silence there.

Init fam?

I meant at our game!

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024