Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wenger quits end of season 09:59 - Apr 20 with 8203 viewsbosh67

End of an era for him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43834283
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 10:00]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wenger quits end of season on 12:32 - Apr 20 with 1766 viewsTacticalR

Wenger quits end of season on 10:29 - Apr 20 by essextaxiboy

I have respect for his footballing principles, remember being 2-1 up against them at LR , they got an injury time free kick , instead of chucking it in to the box they knocked it 2 yards and started passing .

Biggest error was not replacing Viera properly IMO

Look forward to watching Arsenal TV on You Tube when it all goes tits up

Viera might be replacing Wenger...

Arsenal’s next manager will be Patrick Vieira, I’m told
http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/arsenals-next-manager-will-be-patrick-vieira-

Air hostess clique

Wenger quits end of season on 12:36 - Apr 20 with 1741 viewsMick_S

Wenger quits end of season on 12:32 - Apr 20 by TacticalR

Viera might be replacing Wenger...

Arsenal’s next manager will be Patrick Vieira, I’m told
http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/arsenals-next-manager-will-be-patrick-vieira-

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Wenger quits end of season on 12:38 - Apr 20 with 1725 viewsizlingtonhoop

Wenger quits end of season on 12:26 - Apr 20 by stowmarketrange

Is Ollie nailed down on a long term contract?He’d be just the man for the job.

Always my favourite 'joke' in the White Horse when the "...but who could we find if we got rid of him, anyway?" conversation comes up...

Wenger in!

Let's start now...
Wenger quits end of season on 12:39 - Apr 20 with 1712 viewsisawqpratwcity

Wenger quits end of season on 12:26 - Apr 20 by stowmarketrange

Is Ollie nailed down on a long term contract?He’d be just the man for the job.

This.

I was going to go on an Arsenal forum and keep posting "Who are we kidding? We're never going to attract anyone better than Holloway."

(I might need to change my username; I'm thinking maybe 'IsawGeorgeEasthamAtHighbury'?)
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 13:02]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Wenger quits end of season on 12:39 - Apr 20 with 1717 viewsJuzzie

Once left, Wenger needs to keep away for a year or two. Don't even turn up as a guest of the Club.

When Alex Ferguson left Man Utd he was always there in the stands and tv cameras constantly on him to gauge his reaction. I felt him being there wasn't appropriate and added too much pressure on any new manager in what was already a pressure situation.

Not that I care really.
Wenger quits end of season on 12:40 - Apr 20 with 1710 viewsCamberleyR

Wenger quits end of season on 12:14 - Apr 20 by Juzzie

Amazing career at Arsenal.

Yes, I too echo the same as others in that it will be great to see how all the whinging cockwoble Arsenal fans react when things don't go as well as they have been. Of course, a new manager could improve them then it will just justify their concerns "see, we were right". Nothing endears me as much as a I-told-you-so person.

I read recently that their move to the new stadium turned them from a decent sized club over-performing in their reasonable sized stadium into a decent sized club underperforming in their big stadium.

I thought the quote was that in moving from Highbury to the Emirates they have gone from being the biggest medium sized club in the world to the smallest big club.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Wenger quits end of season on 12:45 - Apr 20 with 1693 viewstimcocking

Great manager and a superb contribution to football.

I'd have respected him more if he didn't make so many excuses and moan so much though.
Wenger quits end of season on 12:54 - Apr 20 with 1640 viewsJAPRANGERS

it's obvious init?

Next manager is Mark "pocket billiards" Hughes.

Login to get fewer ads

Wenger quits end of season on 12:56 - Apr 20 with 1629 viewseghamranger

Wenger quits end of season on 12:54 - Apr 20 by JAPRANGERS

it's obvious init?

Next manager is Mark "pocket billiards" Hughes.

Exactly!!

Experienced premier league manager who is out of contract at the end of the season

😂😂😂
Wenger quits end of season on 12:58 - Apr 20 with 1615 viewsJuzzie

Wenger quits end of season on 12:40 - Apr 20 by CamberleyR

I thought the quote was that in moving from Highbury to the Emirates they have gone from being the biggest medium sized club in the world to the smallest big club.

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant!
Wenger quits end of season on 12:58 - Apr 20 with 1608 viewsR_from_afar

Wenger quits end of season on 10:10 - Apr 20 by simmo

Good few years too late but at least he left (mostly) on his own terms. Overall he's one of the greatest managers this country has seen, revolutionary in a lot of ways.

....Although they still won the FA Cup last season. Wenger has been a soft target for the media and know it all football fans for years, partly because he makes himself accessible, he patiently answers questions and he's a nice guy.

OK, they have fallen below their own very high standards recently but I would argue that they are the best football club in the world if you take into account player development, honours, football style, infrastructure, and finances.

While the pundits put the boot into Wenger and fawn over Poch, Wenger has amassed a heap of trophies in the time that Spurs have won just two league cups.

I don't envy Wenger's successor.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Wenger quits end of season on 13:04 - Apr 20 with 1571 viewsR_from_afar

Wenger quits end of season on 11:01 - Apr 20 by Noelmc

Agree Dave he should have gone out on a high. Would love to see him win the Europa Cup, but can't see it somehow.

Great manager, changed English football for the better and always tried to play football the right way. The season of the 'Invincibles' was an amazing achievement and may be very difficult for any team to repeat, as an outstanding Man City team demonstrated this season.

Good luck to him in whatever he does in the future.

The invincibles run which was ended by a dive by a certain W Rooney esquire....

Sol Campbell saw the dive coming and started withdrawing his leg but conniving Wayne was too quick for him, the ref bought it and the run came to an end.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Wenger quits end of season on 13:13 - Apr 20 with 1529 viewsstowmarketrange

Wenger quits end of season on 13:04 - Apr 20 by R_from_afar

The invincibles run which was ended by a dive by a certain W Rooney esquire....

Sol Campbell saw the dive coming and started withdrawing his leg but conniving Wayne was too quick for him, the ref bought it and the run came to an end.

RFA

The run should’ve come to an end at home to Portsmouth but Pires dived for the equalising penalty in the last few minutes.
Swings and roundabouts.
Wenger quits end of season on 13:14 - Apr 20 with 1525 viewsR_from_afar

Wenger quits end of season on 10:46 - Apr 20 by Dorse

Please go for Harry. Pleeeeeeease...!

Oh yes please wouldn't that be great? Within hours, Redknapp would be drafting in washed up Spurs has-beens, oblivious to the fact that he was sending the fanbase into meltdown.

Stop press: I hear Joey B has resigned at Fleetwood after "a very successful spell - I never lost a single game" there - I'm quoting him - and has sent his CV to Stan Kroenke.

Keep this frequency clear....

RFA

Wenger quits end of season on 13:17 - Apr 20 with 1512 viewsaston_hoop

Its hard to imagine Arsenal without Wenger. But then I was 8 when he joined Arsenal! Will hopefully be remembered for the incredible job he did and the way he revolutionised football to a degree rather than the last few years and those bloody Arsenal fan tv types.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Wenger quits end of season on 13:18 - Apr 20 with 1511 viewsEsox_Lucius

Wenger quits end of season on 12:39 - Apr 20 by isawqpratwcity

This.

I was going to go on an Arsenal forum and keep posting "Who are we kidding? We're never going to attract anyone better than Holloway."

(I might need to change my username; I'm thinking maybe 'IsawGeorgeEasthamAtHighbury'?)
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 13:02]

ISawDenisComptonatHighbury?

The grass is always greener.

Wenger quits end of season on 13:21 - Apr 20 with 1492 viewsqprd

Wenger quits end of season on 10:08 - Apr 20 by blacky200

See if the Arsenal supporters are glad he's gone next season.

But hats off to him. He's managed more years than some of our managers have weeks

Including interim and caretaker managers and double-counting managers like Ollie, by my count, QPR have had 25 different managers since Wenger was hired.
Wenger quits end of season on 13:37 - Apr 20 with 1446 viewsLimerickR

Funny stat of the day to tell Tottenham fans:

- Wenger has won 473 PL games.
- Spurs have won 420 PL games.
Wenger quits end of season on 14:08 - Apr 20 with 1382 viewsJigsore

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Wenger quits end of season on 14:09 - Apr 20 with 1381 viewsMonahoop

I wonder if Arsenal will find another manager with a similar name to themselves. There are after all plenty arses out there in football looking for a job.

Jesting aside, I think Mr Wenger was a good manager, maybe became a bit long in the tooth recently, but unfairly jibed and treated by some of their fan base. They ought to be careful what they wish for now.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Wenger quits end of season on 14:12 - Apr 20 with 1371 viewsMick_S

Wenger quits end of season on 14:08 - Apr 20 by Jigsore

Fabulous club, wonderful support...

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Wenger quits end of season on 14:18 - Apr 20 with 1345 viewssimmo

Wenger quits end of season on 12:22 - Apr 20 by Snipper

Simeone would be the perfect choice for them. Arsenal’s players have been on easy street for far too long. They need somebody with a nasty streak in them, and Simeone fits the bill.

Maybe from a man manegement POV but no way from the football side. Compact, organised, hard to beat, Atletico win by the odd goal and go with a backs to the wall / us against everybody mentality. Arsenal def need more of that, but it would be too far the other way for all the theatre going fans that pay for a seat at the Emirates. Simeone would be a much better fit for Chelsea IMO.

Hard appointment here for Arsenal, if I was putting money on I'd say Ancelotti but if I was a fan, someone like Marco Silva would be my choice.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Wenger quits end of season on 14:57 - Apr 20 with 1294 viewsdaveB

I hope they appoint Pardew or Brenda Rodgers
Wenger quits end of season on 15:06 - Apr 20 with 1280 viewsstowmarketrange

Wenger quits end of season on 14:18 - Apr 20 by simmo

Maybe from a man manegement POV but no way from the football side. Compact, organised, hard to beat, Atletico win by the odd goal and go with a backs to the wall / us against everybody mentality. Arsenal def need more of that, but it would be too far the other way for all the theatre going fans that pay for a seat at the Emirates. Simeone would be a much better fit for Chelsea IMO.

Hard appointment here for Arsenal, if I was putting money on I'd say Ancelotti but if I was a fan, someone like Marco Silva would be my choice.

Mick McCarthy or Sam allardyce would be my choices.
Wenger quits end of season on 15:11 - Apr 20 with 1270 viewsPunteR

Ha.. welcome to the manager merry go round Arsenal.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024