Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wenger quits end of season 09:59 - Apr 20 with 8209 viewsbosh67

End of an era for him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43834283
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 10:00]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wenger quits end of season on 10:07 - Apr 20 with 4629 viewsToast_R

End of an era for us all really. The last long term manager in English football is about to leave. I doubt very much any manager/coach will get anywhere close to 10 years in charge of a club let alone 22 years ever again, unless football goes through a form of financial collapse in the next 50 years.
Wenger quits end of season on 10:08 - Apr 20 with 4624 viewsblacky200

See if the Arsenal supporters are glad he's gone next season.

But hats off to him. He's managed more years than some of our managers have weeks
Wenger quits end of season on 10:10 - Apr 20 with 4615 viewssimmo

Good few years too late but at least he left (mostly) on his own terms. Overall he's one of the greatest managers this country has seen, revolutionary in a lot of ways.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Wenger quits end of season on 10:17 - Apr 20 with 4598 viewsCammington

Young bloke who works next to me is 22. He knows no other Arsenal manager other than Arsene Wenger.

Good luck to him. Completely changed that club and to a large degree football in England.
Wenger quits end of season on 10:18 - Apr 20 with 4576 viewspaulparker

He will go elsewhere

if he wins the Europa league he would have had a more successful season than Klopp, Pochettinho ( if they don't win anything) yet they get all the adulation , modern football is vvank for things like this , I still think Wenger has ruined to many players in the last few years but deserved a bit more respect than he got
I can see Arsenal going for Rafa which will see their fans go into meltdown

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wenger quits end of season on 10:23 - Apr 20 with 4561 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Top man, sad to see him leave the English game.

Current 'favourites' odds-wise to replace him are:

Thomas Tuchel (also favourite for PSG role)
Joachim Loew
Patrick Vieira
Carlo Ancelotti
Massimiliano Allegri
Wenger quits end of season on 10:29 - Apr 20 with 4540 viewsessextaxiboy

I have respect for his footballing principles, remember being 2-1 up against them at LR , they got an injury time free kick , instead of chucking it in to the box they knocked it 2 yards and started passing .

Biggest error was not replacing Viera properly IMO

Look forward to watching Arsenal TV on You Tube when it all goes tits up
Wenger quits end of season on 10:33 - Apr 20 with 4523 viewsRangersw12

It would be great to see Arsenal having the balls to go for Eddie Howe
Login to get fewer ads

Wenger quits end of season on 10:35 - Apr 20 with 4513 viewsNW10Hoop

I love Arsene Wenger. Yes his team has had no real backbone for a few years, but hey do play some lovely stuff.

The most nails thing Arsenal could do now is to poach Pochetinno and place a bid for Harry Kane.
Wenger quits end of season on 10:41 - Apr 20 with 4492 viewsisawqpratwcity

PL wins 57%, points per game damn near 2.

The man is a machine and a legend. Would that we felt so entitled that we'd try to move on such a manager. Maybe his trouble is that he is too consistent, turning in top 6 performances year in, year out: much better to be 12th one year, 1st the next.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Wenger quits end of season on 10:42 - Apr 20 with 4489 viewsCamberleyR

Wenger quits end of season on 10:29 - Apr 20 by essextaxiboy

I have respect for his footballing principles, remember being 2-1 up against them at LR , they got an injury time free kick , instead of chucking it in to the box they knocked it 2 yards and started passing .

"Biggest error was not replacing Viera properly IMO"

That and also not replacing Sol Campbell at centre back from the invincibles team. Arsenal have not had a dominant, commanding centre back since Campbell.

I sincerely hope the whingeing Arsenal fans like that utter cockwomble Piers Morgan, get what they wish for next season.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 10:43]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Wenger quits end of season on 10:45 - Apr 20 with 4462 viewsBoston

Wenger, is one of the few decent things left in the EPL. Sad to see him go, one of the greats, my favourite ever frog since Bridget Bardot retired.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wenger quits end of season on 10:46 - Apr 20 with 4462 viewsDorse

Please go for Harry. Pleeeeeeease...!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wenger quits end of season on 10:52 - Apr 20 with 4441 viewsdaveB

They should go for rafa beitiez but doubt they will,

Hope he gets a good send off, been a good manager for them but should have gone after cup final win last year
Wenger quits end of season on 11:01 - Apr 20 with 4396 viewsNoelmc

Agree Dave he should have gone out on a high. Would love to see him win the Europa Cup, but can't see it somehow.

Great manager, changed English football for the better and always tried to play football the right way. The season of the 'Invincibles' was an amazing achievement and may be very difficult for any team to repeat, as an outstanding Man City team demonstrated this season.

Good luck to him in whatever he does in the future.
Wenger quits end of season on 11:08 - Apr 20 with 4374 viewseastside_r

Wenger quits end of season on 10:41 - Apr 20 by isawqpratwcity

PL wins 57%, points per game damn near 2.

The man is a machine and a legend. Would that we felt so entitled that we'd try to move on such a manager. Maybe his trouble is that he is too consistent, turning in top 6 performances year in, year out: much better to be 12th one year, 1st the next.

Revolutionary guy for the English game, but now is probably a good time to go.

Hope they win the Europa.
Wenger quits end of season on 11:19 - Apr 20 with 4328 viewsSnipper

I hope their regular idiot supporters who take part on Arsenal TV are happy with themselves. I sincerely hope that they disappear for good. Init fam, yo get me blood.

Fcuking planks.
Wenger quits end of season on 11:50 - Apr 20 with 4228 viewssmegma

Wenger quits end of season on 11:19 - Apr 20 by Snipper

I hope their regular idiot supporters who take part on Arsenal TV are happy with themselves. I sincerely hope that they disappear for good. Init fam, yo get me blood.

Fcuking planks.

Those tw@ts have even got their own Channel 4 TV Show. Got in from work late last night , flicked channels, and there it was. It makes Arsenal Fans TV look like Only Connect/University Challenge.

Called The Real Football Fans Show, it thinks there are only 6 football teams in the world.
Wenger quits end of season on 11:52 - Apr 20 with 4215 viewsstowmarketrange

Wenger quits end of season on 11:19 - Apr 20 by Snipper

Fcuking planks.

I think it was time for a change.No away points this calendar year shows that he isn’t the manager he used to be.And after 16 consecutive years in the champions league to missing out 2 years on the trot means that a change was needed.
I certainly won’t miss his blinkered view of any incident against his team.

He will probably end up in China or the US.
Wenger quits end of season on 12:01 - Apr 20 with 4188 viewsTacticalR

From last year:

'Is 'Wenger Out' - the disgruntled Arsenal fan’s placard of choice - the new Down With This Kind of Thing when it comes to weird sightings in the wild? It was recently spotted at WWE Wrestlemania in Orlando on Sunday; a Coldplay concert in Singapore; a New Zealand v Fiji World World Cup qualifier in Wellington; an anti-Trump rally in London; and at a Minnesota United match.'

Down With This Sort of Thing
http://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-guardian-g2/20170404/281535110837343

Air hostess clique

Wenger quits end of season on 12:14 - Apr 20 with 4142 viewsJuzzie

Amazing career at Arsenal.

Yes, I too echo the same as others in that it will be great to see how all the whinging cockwoble Arsenal fans react when things don't go as well as they have been. Of course, a new manager could improve them then it will just justify their concerns "see, we were right". Nothing endears me as much as a I-told-you-so person.

I read recently that their move to the new stadium turned them from a decent sized club over-performing in their reasonable sized stadium into a decent sized club underperforming in their big stadium.
Wenger quits end of season on 12:17 - Apr 20 with 4135 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wenger quits end of season on 10:29 - Apr 20 by essextaxiboy

Yeah, absolutely dozens of players knocking about who could replace Vieira ;)

Bare bones.

Wenger quits end of season on 12:19 - Apr 20 with 4127 viewsAntti_Heinola

Brendan Rodgers?
Obviously Simeone would be the man if they could prize him away.

Bare bones.

Wenger quits end of season on 12:22 - Apr 20 with 4103 viewsSnipper

Wenger quits end of season on 12:19 - Apr 20 by Antti_Heinola

Brendan Rodgers?

Simeone would be the perfect choice for them. Arsenal’s players have been on easy street for far too long. They need somebody with a nasty streak in them, and Simeone fits the bill.
Wenger quits end of season on 12:26 - Apr 20 with 4081 viewsstowmarketrange

Wenger quits end of season on 12:19 - Apr 20 by Antti_Heinola

Brendan Rodgers?

Is Ollie nailed down on a long term contract?He’d be just the man for the job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024