Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread 11:34 - Apr 21 with 12596 viewsbosh67

For all Ollie's bluster our almost total lack of available defenders and the prospect of the reserve goalkeeper being thrown to the lions means that I am not too hopeful today.

My heart hopes that we can steal a draw today but I am kind of expecting another thrashing. Brentford boss Dean Smith said he expects us to play for pride and the players to play for their places against them. He evidently hasn't double checked any of our recent London derby history.

I think our best hope is to try and convince Brentford that it would be a good idea if their players wear our kit today and ours wear theirs. That way we may pull off a result but I suspect they won't fall for that. Worth a try though.

2-2 or 4-0 Brentford I fear.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 11:40 - Apr 21 with 4140 viewsdistortR

yeah, not overly optimistic myself today, and we really, really, really need to assert some authority over them.

probably not today though.

but.........

come on you superfekinghoopsa!!
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 12:06 - Apr 21 with 4081 viewsBklynRanger

I've been strangely optimistic about it all week, no idea why.
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 12:07 - Apr 21 with 4076 viewsDiscodroids

I see that it's Record Store day.. I Got approx a Couple of dozen of bits of Vinyl left having sold it all off along with Technics 1210's one's and two's to sate my need and wants for petrol washed tootankhamun in the wilderness years.

Still, I wish i Hadn't sold on e bay, My Percy thrower double gatefold vinyl for 50 pence that i picked up at a car boot sale in frinton on sea, the f ucker is worth £25 now!.

I Would often play the ' March/April' section of Percy's LP at the start of my esoteric DJ sets at Bar Bed In Leman Street in the late 90's through to the early 2000's. Mixing in Percy's spoken word, going on about the cultivation of embryonic shoots and the fruits of our labours coming to fruition in the coming months for all to enjoy In the abundant harvest, much like my progressive house sets in fact.

warming to percy's positive cultivation and growth theme, i think we will blossom today and 2-1 to the Superhoops. A brace of goals for conor washington on record store day.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 12:09]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 12:15 - Apr 21 with 4049 viewsBklynRanger

I'd like to have known how to keep my chilli plant alive over the winter. Too late now of course, s'all shrivelled...
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 12:17 - Apr 21 with 4040 viewsisawqpratwcity

In keeping with 50% of the OP's predictions, you might wander over to the Prediction League and look at the (current) single entry of a 4-0 home win and not need to wonder who the git is that posted that.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 12:33 - Apr 21 with 3986 viewsnix

I’m going for a 3-1 home win but not surprising given our defensive crisis. Wouldn’t be a disgrace under the circa and anything better is a bonus.
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 12:46 - Apr 21 with 3964 viewsBoston

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 12:07 - Apr 21 by Discodroids

I see that it's Record Store day.. I Got approx a Couple of dozen of bits of Vinyl left having sold it all off along with Technics 1210's one's and two's to sate my need and wants for petrol washed tootankhamun in the wilderness years.

Still, I wish i Hadn't sold on e bay, My Percy thrower double gatefold vinyl for 50 pence that i picked up at a car boot sale in frinton on sea, the f ucker is worth £25 now!.

I Would often play the ' March/April' section of Percy's LP at the start of my esoteric DJ sets at Bar Bed In Leman Street in the late 90's through to the early 2000's. Mixing in Percy's spoken word, going on about the cultivation of embryonic shoots and the fruits of our labours coming to fruition in the coming months for all to enjoy In the abundant harvest, much like my progressive house sets in fact.

warming to percy's positive cultivation and growth theme, i think we will blossom today and 2-1 to the Superhoops. A brace of goals for conor washington on record store day.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 12:09]

Harwich for the continent, Frinton for the incontinent.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 13:52 - Apr 21 with 3822 viewsDiscodroids

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 12:46 - Apr 21 by Boston

Harwich for the continent, Frinton for the incontinent.

so they say boston, so they say..

#RecordStoreDay2018

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:02 - Apr 21 with 3779 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:03 - Apr 21 with 3769 viewsNov77

Defence looks dodgy but at least we have a goal threat on the pitch.

Why is smithies on the bench?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 14:04]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:16 - Apr 21 with 3652 viewsozexile

Why oh why is he on the bench? If he's having a baby and not available fair enough. But if he's available pick him. Why do we do this all the time?
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:23 - Apr 21 with 3600 viewsMedwayR

As discussed last week when Ingram played, there's a good chance that we'll lose Smithies this summer so let's give Ingram a run of games to see how he does and give him experience, also as we're safe why not make a few changes. Having said that I don't agree with changing half the team every game but I do agree with giving Ingram a run of games until the end of the season.

Poll: Who’s better?

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:25 - Apr 21 with 3577 viewsstevec

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:16 - Apr 21 by ozexile

Why oh why is he on the bench? If he's having a baby and not available fair enough. But if he's available pick him. Why do we do this all the time?

If he’s having a baby he shouldn’t be anywhere near the pitch.
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:31 - Apr 21 with 3520 viewsrsonist

With a makeshift defence, for this fixture, I don't agree with the Ingram selection.

Not confident with 4-4-2 against this lot either, thought it a job for a busy midfield with Manning in personally.

Oh well, see how it goes.
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:36 - Apr 21 with 3473 viewsDorse

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:02 - Apr 21 by Nov77

4-3-3 then? Works for me. Really pleased that Kakay has been given a go rather than shoehorning a nearly fit Perch in at RB. Wszolek in front of him, so there is a fair bit of pace there. Furlong at CB might be another one of those 'well-I-never' selections.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:37 - Apr 21 with 3478 viewsbosh67

I think I would have probably gone with Perch for this one but I guess if Kakay is ever going to be thrown in at the deep end this is it. A huge game and opportunity for him and he has to take it. I would have played Smithies but if Smithies wife is about to drop at any moment then I kind of understand him being on the bench. Ingram does worry me though. He's 24 and 6 foot 3 but seems to go down like a tree being felled rather than with any real spring. However, perhaps he just needs games. He could be picking up a lot of balls today and kicking them back to the half way line. Can you tell I am not that optimistic?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:42 - Apr 21 with 3441 viewsDorse

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:37 - Apr 21 by bosh67

I think I would have probably gone with Perch for this one but I guess if Kakay is ever going to be thrown in at the deep end this is it. A huge game and opportunity for him and he has to take it. I would have played Smithies but if Smithies wife is about to drop at any moment then I kind of understand him being on the bench. Ingram does worry me though. He's 24 and 6 foot 3 but seems to go down like a tree being felled rather than with any real spring. However, perhaps he just needs games. He could be picking up a lot of balls today and kicking them back to the half way line. Can you tell I am not that optimistic?

As long as those balls are attached to the Brentford strikers, I don't mind.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 14:43]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:43 - Apr 21 with 3453 viewsBoston

Dunno about playing Ingram when we’re probably weak at the back. Anyway, high hopes the front line will tear their nylons. A draw.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:44 - Apr 21 with 3444 viewsCamberleyR

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:36 - Apr 21 by Dorse

4-3-3 then? Works for me. Really pleased that Kakay has been given a go rather than shoehorning a nearly fit Perch in at RB. Wszolek in front of him, so there is a fair bit of pace there. Furlong at CB might be another one of those 'well-I-never' selections.

I think Furlong certainly has the ability to play centre back. He played CB at a pre-season friendly at Aldershot when Hasselbaink was manager and that night he won everything in the air and on the deck (although only Aldershot I know). Paul Parker started off after all as a right back although I'm not saying he's another PP.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:47 - Apr 21 with 3420 viewskropotkin41

I've been given some free trees to plant, so I'm off outside...........call me back in if this is anything other than a QPR train wreck.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:51 - Apr 21 with 3390 viewsqprd

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:36 - Apr 21 by Dorse

100% its a 4-2-3-1

Ingram
Kakay/Furlong/Baptiste/Bidwell
Scowen/Lungo sitting
Wzolek/Freeman as a 10 (dropping into central midfield out of possession)/Smyth
Sylla

A big ask for Kakay to start today, but go on son. This is a chance to prove yourself

However, Brentford likes to go wide and are going to target young kakay. Canos tore us apart back in November, due in large part to Ollie playing Freeman nominally as a winger. in actuality, Freeman played in a free role and didn't provide defensive cover to the fullback

Ollie would be well advised to play Wzolek as a right winger instead of as an inverted left winger as he has done in recent weeks. Wzolek needs to support Kakay in defense (as opposed to smith who should be on other flank). Its a lot to otherwise ask for a debutant against some quality wide players
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 15:00]
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 14:56 - Apr 21 with 3340 viewsstevec

Actually think that 5 man midfield, however it manifests itself across the pitch, should be our starting midfield every game, with the 4 midfielders on the bench correct to. Cover across the entire midfield if anyone not up to scratch.

Shame defence is a bit makeshift, still see how it goes.
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 15:09 - Apr 21 with 3212 viewsEsox_Lucius

So far so good.

The grass is always greener.

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 15:12 - Apr 21 with 3182 viewsqprd

Crazy to me that wzolek isn’t playing on the right. Bideell doesn’t need the cover that kakay does

Brentford look dangerous shifting from defense to attack

Entertaining so far
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 15:16 - Apr 21 with 3117 viewsqprd

Kakay playing well so far

Furlong also doing well in defense, but too eager to hoof it up in possession
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024