Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hang on in there Neil! 03:12 - Apr 22 with 4212 viewstimcocking

Another amazing season from Mr Warnock, irrespective of whether Cardiff go up or not. Cardiff weren't doing so well, not expecting a promotion push particularly.

Warnock can be relied upon to keep it nice and simple and at least to pick the right players in the right positions. Ahem.
Hang on in there Neil! on 03:49 - Apr 22 with 3523 viewsHooparoo

Agree and he’s still the only bloke to find the key to unlocking Taarabt’s undoubted talent. Hope he gets a chance to go out on his own terms as a premier league manager again.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Hang on in there Neil! on 06:12 - Apr 22 with 3461 viewsisawqpratwcity

I'd love to see him get another chance in the Premier, too. If he does get there, I'll wish him better fortune than he had with us.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Hang on in there Neil! on 08:32 - Apr 22 with 3303 viewsqprd

I'm rooting for Warnock

On paper, Cardiff is a mid-table mediocre Championship team. He's built his team around cast-offs who others didn't want like Hoilett and Sol Bamba. How many players does he have that a Premier League team would want? 2 or 3?

He's built his team around defending and direct football, with tactics like long throw ins. He's also instilled a mental toughness in his team that has led them to squeeze out results.
Hang on in there Neil! on 09:10 - Apr 22 with 3224 viewsstevec

Phenomenal achievement if he gets this Cardiff side promoted, its extraordinary how he turns up and gives everything and everyone a purpose.

Sadly this club suffers from the opposite, a complete lack of purpose.
Hang on in there Neil! on 09:11 - Apr 22 with 3223 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hang on in there Neil! on 09:10 - Apr 22 by stevec

Phenomenal achievement if he gets this Cardiff side promoted, its extraordinary how he turns up and gives everything and everyone a purpose.

Sadly this club suffers from the opposite, a complete lack of purpose.

Funny, I feel the opposite. I think the club has more purpose and spirit than it's had for many, many years.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hang on in there Neil! on 09:19 - Apr 22 with 3205 viewsJamesB1979

Watched a bit of the game last night and Cardiff are not that good. No real stars in the side and little quality and yet they have 86 points. Can’t be many better in history (outside of top league) thanWarnock.
Hang on in there Neil! on 09:29 - Apr 22 with 3180 viewsstevec

Hang on in there Neil! on 09:11 - Apr 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Funny, I feel the opposite. I think the club has more purpose and spirit than it's had for many, many years.

Well it’ll be interesting to see what happens this summer. It’s possible we have midfielders that we can build a team round this pre season, and if we really have a purpose we’ll strengthen the back line and go for a forward who can make a difference.

What I’m expecting though is the club to let this opportunity pass us by, the usual platitudes about our self inflicted FFP position, in fact anything except actually going for it. Club expectations are basically set at keeping our heads above the relegation places, nothing more than that.

I hope I’m wrong and you’re right Brian.
Hang on in there Neil! on 09:31 - Apr 22 with 3175 viewsTacticalR

Hang on in there Neil! on 09:19 - Apr 22 by JamesB1979

Watched a bit of the game last night and Cardiff are not that good. No real stars in the side and little quality and yet they have 86 points. Can’t be many better in history (outside of top league) thanWarnock.

Yes, I saw a bit of it and they didn't look that great. Quite a few giants who can get goals from set pieces. Assuming they do go up it will be interesting to see if Tan does a Burnley and sticks with Warnock through thick or thin.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Hang on in there Neil! on 09:44 - Apr 22 with 3140 viewsdublinr

Surely 'spirit and purpose' is about having a group of players who work hard to bring the best out themselves and each other, irrespective of how much talent they have. The league one promotion team springs to mind. That's the only kind of purpose we can afford these days, and I'm happy enough with that. Beats multi million pound talent sulking and half-arsing about. Much more fun to follow.

Hang on in there Neil! on 09:46 - Apr 22 with 3135 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hang on in there Neil! on 09:29 - Apr 22 by stevec

Well it’ll be interesting to see what happens this summer. It’s possible we have midfielders that we can build a team round this pre season, and if we really have a purpose we’ll strengthen the back line and go for a forward who can make a difference.

What I’m expecting though is the club to let this opportunity pass us by, the usual platitudes about our self inflicted FFP position, in fact anything except actually going for it. Club expectations are basically set at keeping our heads above the relegation places, nothing more than that.

I hope I’m wrong and you’re right Brian.

I'm prepared for an even tougher year next year financially. It could be brutal.

On and off the field, as long as we're working as hard as we are at the moment I'll be satisfied.

Hang on in there Neil! on 15:53 - Apr 22 with 2957 viewsconnell10

Id rather Fulham go up!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hang on in there Neil! on 16:09 - Apr 22 with 2934 viewsWatford_Ranger

Hang on in there Neil! on 15:53 - Apr 22 by connell10

Id rather Fulham go up!

Why? I know which away match I’d rather have next season.
Hang on in there Neil! on 16:15 - Apr 22 with 2921 viewsNov77

If he gets Cardiff up I think it’ll be a greater achievement than when he got us up.

Wolves have run away with it this year and Look at the run Fulham are on and they’re still above them with a game in hand.

The fact that they’re not a great side with no real outstanding players only emphaiszes the difference he makes with his organisation and motivation skills.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Hang on in there Neil! on 16:21 - Apr 22 with 2911 viewskensalriser

Hang on in there Neil! on 09:44 - Apr 22 by dublinr

Surely 'spirit and purpose' is about having a group of players who work hard to bring the best out themselves and each other, irrespective of how much talent they have. The league one promotion team springs to mind. That's the only kind of purpose we can afford these days, and I'm happy enough with that. Beats multi million pound talent sulking and half-arsing about. Much more fun to follow.

The league 1 promotion team simply had better players than the other teams in the division, including Plymouth. It could be argued that the likes of Gallen, Furlong, Shittu, Carlisle, Ainsworth, Rowlands shouldn't even have been playing at that level.

And we had a huge budget compared to the division average.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hang on in there Neil! on 16:29 - Apr 22 with 2898 viewsNov77

Hang on in there Neil! on 16:21 - Apr 22 by kensalriser

The league 1 promotion team simply had better players than the other teams in the division, including Plymouth. It could be argued that the likes of Gallen, Furlong, Shittu, Carlisle, Ainsworth, Rowlands shouldn't even have been playing at that level.

And we had a huge budget compared to the division average.

Spot on , Gallen furlong etc definitely playing at least a division below their ability that year.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Hang on in there Neil! on 18:04 - Apr 22 with 2787 viewsGroveR

Hang on in there Neil! on 16:15 - Apr 22 by Nov77

If he gets Cardiff up I think it’ll be a greater achievement than when he got us up.

Wolves have run away with it this year and Look at the run Fulham are on and they’re still above them with a game in hand.

The fact that they’re not a great side with no real outstanding players only emphaiszes the difference he makes with his organisation and motivation skills.

Wolves have run away with it this year with their Champions League squad. I'd have fancied Redknapp to have got them promoted (possibly via a spawny play off).
Hang on in there Neil! on 18:17 - Apr 22 with 2772 viewseasthertsr

Sorry guys Warnock or no Warnock it's scummy Cardiff with their horrible racist fans and their terrible mentality. I hope the Rupert's nick it off them!
Hang on in there Neil! on 19:20 - Apr 22 with 2706 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hang on in there Neil! on 18:17 - Apr 22 by easthertsr

Sorry guys Warnock or no Warnock it's scummy Cardiff with their horrible racist fans and their terrible mentality. I hope the Rupert's nick it off them!

I agree.

I like Konk and that shades it for me. I like nothing about Cardiff.

Hang on in there Neil! on 19:23 - Apr 22 with 2702 viewsdixiedean

I'm with eastherts. You can't deny NW's ability in this division but he's still a tiresome knob as he showed with his hypocritical rant at the Wolves manager. Accused him of having no class. FFS Neil have a look in the mirror mate ! And let's not forget he's in charge of the division's 2nd most revolting club after Millwall. I'd much rather Foolham go up even though it means losing a good away game. I admired his achievements with us but never loved the guy .
Hang on in there Neil! on 19:26 - Apr 22 with 2687 viewsWatford_Ranger

Hang on in there Neil! on 19:23 - Apr 22 by dixiedean

I'm with eastherts. You can't deny NW's ability in this division but he's still a tiresome knob as he showed with his hypocritical rant at the Wolves manager. Accused him of having no class. FFS Neil have a look in the mirror mate ! And let's not forget he's in charge of the division's 2nd most revolting club after Millwall. I'd much rather Foolham go up even though it means losing a good away game. I admired his achievements with us but never loved the guy .

I love him. The greatest manager in our recent history and one of the best since day one.
Hang on in there Neil! on 21:18 - Apr 22 with 2583 viewsCamberleyR

Hang on in there Neil! on 18:17 - Apr 22 by easthertsr

This, all day long. Nothing against Warnock, he was great as our manager but he's somebody else's now. Horrible club, nasty loathsome fans. Fúck them.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Hang on in there Neil! on 23:13 - Apr 22 with 2493 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hang on in there Neil! on 09:44 - Apr 22 by dublinr

Same here.

I don't know about it being the only thing we can afford, but anyway it's what I care about. I would genuinely rather watch what we have now than the team that got promoted under Redknapp (all due respect to Austin and a couple of others).

It's not about low expectations, I have the highest expectations of the club's work in scouting, bringing on players and getting the best out of them, and of the manager when it comes to selection, formation and tactics, substitutions and motivation - and they aren't all being met. But it is getting a lot better.
Hang on in there Neil! on 10:42 - Apr 23 with 2325 viewsdaveB

A lot of QPR fans seem more excited about Warnock winning than QPR these days, good luck to him though, no doubt he's a very good manager
Hang on in there Neil! on 11:50 - Apr 23 with 2251 viewssimmo

Hang on in there Neil! on 09:19 - Apr 22 by JamesB1979

Proper Championship set up though. Similar to us under Warnock - a strong spine of experienced Championship players (Morrison, Bamba, Ralls, Gunarsson), full backs who keep the onus on defending (Bennett, Peltier), a couple players who have something to prove and can do a little something out of nothing (Hoilett & Mendez-Laing) and an inhereted good striker (Zohore).

They also have a big squad of decent Championship players, people like Tomlin (although cur out on loan), Bryson, Madine, Jamie Ward, Danny Ward, Pilkington, Connolly, Halford, Campy. These guys have been around and although they might not play every week, they can come in and do a job as/when required.

I hope he gets the backing he didn't get from us when promoted and has the chance to make a few more canny signings and have a good go at it. They will need it because a lot of that current team is very basic...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hang on in there Neil! on 12:55 - Apr 27 with 2049 viewsR_from_afar

I watched the tail end of their game against Derby and they looked like the tank is almost empty. Will they be able to drag themselves across the automatic promotion line? It's so close between them and Fulham. I keep feeling - hoping - that the fact that automatic promotion is now a real possibility will make Fulham wobble but they plough on and have what is on paper the easiest imaginable game tonight.

Back on Tuesday, Madine fluffed a good chance to make it 2-0 to Cardiff and then the wheels came off. The Cardiff players looked spent and

Hang on in there, Neil!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024