Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ingram 03:36 - Apr 22 with 4064 viewstimcocking

I think he's come in the side under pretty bad circumstances. Normally, backup keeper comes in to cover an injury or for loss of form by the present incumbent or what have you. Less pressure. Everybody expects him to be worse, it's something of a no-lose situation. To be playing when the team was winning, Smithies has been absolutely excellent all the way through and is literally sat there watching over your shoulder and you've been picked in a sympathy game against our rivals - that's a tough scenario for him. I think Ollie has tried to be nice by picking him, but in reality dropped him in it somewhat. The fact Smithies' lass is pregnant got bu gger all to do with it really. I mean he's sat there.

Two (ok, one and a half) games later, he's unsurprisingly had a couple of shaky moments, but done well. I like the fact he's been very aggressive so far, coming for everything kicking with both feet again etc. I was so pleased for him with the penalty save, although it has to be said, on that particular occasion he was a little deep and slow off his line. I reckon Smithies would have cleared that without a penalty.

It was obvious he looked concussed, they should have brought him straight off. New rules clearly aren't infallible, if that wasn't a straight red, i don't know what is. But then Brentford could have had eight players sent off.

Anyway, there you go. It does seem like we've a load of good keepers at least.

Ps What a save by Smithies - deserved to save a point or three that.
Ingram on 07:30 - Apr 22 with 3946 viewsLblock

I’m in no rush to write Ingram off but I’m not impressed in what I’ve seen so far in the five or so games I’ve seen him between the sticks

His distribution is Green-esque and he doesn’t communicate with players in front of him. He looks continually nervous, punches where he could catch and his reactions aren’t rapid

I admit Smithies is a hard act to follow but I’m not sure Ingram is the answer

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ingram on 08:27 - Apr 22 with 3822 viewsqprd

Ingram on 07:30 - Apr 22 by Lblock

I’m in no rush to write Ingram off but I’m not impressed in what I’ve seen so far in the five or so games I’ve seen him between the sticks

His distribution is Green-esque and he doesn’t communicate with players in front of him. He looks continually nervous, punches where he could catch and his reactions aren’t rapid

I admit Smithies is a hard act to follow but I’m not sure Ingram is the answer

You can criticize Ingram for certain aspects of his game; however, there are other things that are unfair to criticize after so few appearances.

For starters, you cant judge his communication after so few appearances; that comes with time and familiarity. He hasn't had the opportunity to develop a rapport with his back line. And lets not forget that he's played with makeshift backlines. Yesterday, he had a debutant at right back, a right back as right centre back and a right sided, right footed centerback as left centreback. That criticism is unfair.

His distribution has not been great. Again, this can come with time. also, most championship caliber keepers aren't great at distribution anyways

What worries me about him is (1) his reluctance to leave his line. this drives me nuts. Smithies, by contrast, owns the box (2) he seems nervous to use his right foot to kick under pressure.

Now for the positives: he's an excellent shot stopper, which is the most important attribute for a keeper

Ultimately, I agree with your conclusion. Smithies would be a tough act to follow, and I'm still a bit skeptical about Ingram
Ingram on 09:01 - Apr 22 with 3754 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Just a reminder that Smithies was very nervous and unconvincing for his first few games.

With Lumley doing great things at Blackpool, we’ll have three keepers chasing a first team place next season. I suspect we’ll see one of them go during the summer.
Ingram on 09:29 - Apr 22 with 3696 viewsLblock

We’ll have to agree to disagree on the communication front
Keepers should be bossing the game as they see it all unfold in front of them and when I was running teams my keepers were told to do this in no uncertain terms. It’s not a case of waiting until you know the right backs nickname, the centrebacks favourite food or the left backs inside leg measurement– you just boss them about.
You’re either in possession of confidence to do that or not

Yesterday’s line up in the back four meant this was even more crucial and that’s why I’d of started with Smithies. Alas it looks look the growing Smithies family will be heading North this summer and he’ll be a huge loss – I’d say the loss of maybe 9 points a season. That is a huge concern.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ingram on 10:20 - Apr 22 with 3617 viewsenfieldargh

you cant get a Red for giving away a penalty unless its for dangerous play.

New double jeopardy rule

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ingram on 13:33 - Apr 22 with 3442 viewsenfieldargh

So Ingram saves a penalty while suffering concussion.

Anyone remember if it was Dean Coney smashing one in from 30 yards whilst having concussion?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ingram on 14:10 - Apr 22 with 3399 viewsBushRanger82

If I live to be a 1000 years old, I will never understand why any manager would relegate their top keeper, the No.1 at the football club, to the subs bench.
And especially, for a game against your near neighbours, with pride, if nothing else, at stake.
Ingram on 14:15 - Apr 22 with 3393 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ingram on 09:29 - Apr 22 by Lblock

We’ll have to agree to disagree on the communication front
Keepers should be bossing the game as they see it all unfold in front of them and when I was running teams my keepers were told to do this in no uncertain terms. It’s not a case of waiting until you know the right backs nickname, the centrebacks favourite food or the left backs inside leg measurement– you just boss them about.
You’re either in possession of confidence to do that or not

Yesterday’s line up in the back four meant this was even more crucial and that’s why I’d of started with Smithies. Alas it looks look the growing Smithies family will be heading North this summer and he’ll be a huge loss – I’d say the loss of maybe 9 points a season. That is a huge concern.

Hearing good things about Lumley so I’m not too concerned. Central defence is the more concerning area assuming those who may go do so.
Login to get fewer ads

Ingram on 14:40 - Apr 22 with 3355 viewsHunterhoop

Not impressed with Ingram at all yesterday. Yes, he saved a (terribly weak) penalty. But his kicking was atrocious, I felt he should have come for the corner they scored from - it was nodded down inside the 6 yard box - he wasn't loud, he hesitated for the pen when he was initially favourite had he gone straight away.

Could have been nerves and it's too early to write him, obviously. But not impressed so far, and it just reinforced how good Smithies is.
Ingram on 17:33 - Apr 22 with 3230 viewssmegma

Ingram on 13:33 - Apr 22 by enfieldargh

Anyone remember if it was Dean Coney smashing one in from 30 yards whilst having concussion?

Norwich at home 87/88 season if I recall.
Ingram on 00:08 - Apr 23 with 3033 viewssmegma

Ingram on 17:33 - Apr 22 by smegma

Norwich at home 87/88 season if I recall.

19th March 1988. Was taken off literally seconds after scoring from 18 yards at the Loft End.

Yet I can't remember games from a month ago.
Ingram on 09:25 - Apr 23 with 2914 viewsloftboy

Ingram on 13:33 - Apr 22 by enfieldargh

Home to Norwich who promptly paid good money for him!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ingram on 09:33 - Apr 23 with 2899 viewssmegma

Ingram on 09:25 - Apr 23 by loftboy

Home to Norwich who promptly paid good money for him!!

So prompt they waited over a year.......

And why ?? must be the question on every Norwich fans lips.
Ingram on 09:48 - Apr 23 with 2885 viewsTheChef

Ingram on 08:27 - Apr 22 by qprd

You can criticize Ingram for certain aspects of his game; however, there are other things that are unfair to criticize after so few appearances.

For starters, you cant judge his communication after so few appearances; that comes with time and familiarity. He hasn't had the opportunity to develop a rapport with his back line. And lets not forget that he's played with makeshift backlines. Yesterday, he had a debutant at right back, a right back as right centre back and a right sided, right footed centerback as left centreback. That criticism is unfair.

His distribution has not been great. Again, this can come with time. also, most championship caliber keepers aren't great at distribution anyways

What worries me about him is (1) his reluctance to leave his line. this drives me nuts. Smithies, by contrast, owns the box (2) he seems nervous to use his right foot to kick under pressure.

Now for the positives: he's an excellent shot stopper, which is the most important attribute for a keeper

Ultimately, I agree with your conclusion. Smithies would be a tough act to follow, and I'm still a bit skeptical about Ingram

To be honest, being a decent shop stopper should be a basic for any keeper. It's the handling, communicating, distribution that makes a difference.

Agreed with Ingram it's too early to say given he's only played a game and a half with different defences each time.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ingram on 10:43 - Apr 23 with 2843 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ingram on 09:48 - Apr 23 by TheChef

To be honest, being a decent shop stopper should be a basic for any keeper. It's the handling, communicating, distribution that makes a difference.

Agreed with Ingram it's too early to say given he's only played a game and a half with different defences each time.

"Agreed with Ingram it's too early to say given he's only played a game and a half with different defences each time."

That's the point isn't it? Three good keepers is silly when we're skint, one needs to go eventually, we had a chance to give Ingram a run of six games and see how it goes. I'm for it, even if he's terrible at least we'll know it.

It's all the other changes that are the trouble, means you can't tell how he'd do behind a settled team; the forced changes in defence are a b*gger but there've been unforced changes too.
Ingram on 11:26 - Apr 24 with 2650 viewssimmo

According to QPR on Twitter Joe Lumley has now got 9 clean sheets in 18 games for Blackpool...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ingram on 11:37 - Apr 24 with 2621 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ingram on 09:48 - Apr 23 by TheChef

Love it Chef, this brings me to my favourite thing: what people always say about footballers in particular positions:

Keepers - good shot stopper, dodgy on crosses
Full backs - gets forward well, not so good defensively
CBs - Can lose concentration, has got a mistake in him
Wingers - drifts in and out of games
Central midfielders - doesn't score enough goals
Strikers - needs too many chances to score

Any more?

Bare bones.

Ingram on 11:56 - Apr 24 with 2571 viewsJeff

Ingram on 11:37 - Apr 24 by Antti_Heinola

Love it Chef, this brings me to my favourite thing: what people always say about footballers in particular positions:

Keepers - good shot stopper, dodgy on crosses
Full backs - gets forward well, not so good defensively
CBs - Can lose concentration, has got a mistake in him
Wingers - drifts in and out of games
Central midfielders - doesn't score enough goals
Strikers - needs too many chances to score

Any more?

Defensively minded Midfielders: Can only pass sideways / backwards

Offensively minded Midfielders: Doesn't track back enough

Wingers: can't beat a man / doesn't get to the byline enough

Can we not knock it?

Ingram on 12:12 - Apr 24 with 2542 viewsnix

Ingram on 11:56 - Apr 24 by Jeff

Defensively minded Midfielders: Can only pass sideways / backwards

Offensively minded Midfielders: Doesn't track back enough

Wingers: can't beat a man / doesn't get to the byline enough

Strikers: good at holding the ball up. No pace.
Wingers: lovely left foot, but too one-footed.
Ingram on 15:11 - Apr 24 with 2431 viewskensalriser

Top strikers who fail to score regular hattricks against top teams: flat-track bully

Corner kickers: never gets it past the first man
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 15:12]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024