Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton 15:54 - Apr 22 with 6029 viewsHayesender

Looks like that's the three we'll be playing next season. So, when was the last time all three promoted clubs stayed up?

PS, Stoke city

Poll: Shamima Beghum

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 15:57 - Apr 22 with 4652 viewsPeterHucker

Mark Hughes partly responsible for 2 teams getting relegated this year!
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 16:02 - Apr 22 with 4634 viewsPeterHucker

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 15:57 - Apr 22 by PeterHucker

having said that I'm a big fan of Mark Hughes' team for the next 45 minutes
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 16:27 - Apr 22 with 4582 viewsCamberleyR

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 15:57 - Apr 22 by PeterHucker

Please, please make it happen. His mates in the media bang about the stat of him never being relegated as a player or manager and should it happen it might shut Savage up for once.

No doubt though the grade one prick will give it the spiel of 'not given enough time to get Stoke safe and not enough time to turn Southampton around'.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 17:11 - Apr 22 with 4513 viewsCliff_Schitzinabag

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 16:27 - Apr 22 by CamberleyR

Please, please make it happen. His mates in the media bang about the stat of him never being relegated as a player or manager and should it happen it might shut Savage up for once.

No doubt though the grade one prick will give it the spiel of 'not given enough time to get Stoke safe and not enough time to turn Southampton around'.

Yeah I thought that's exactly what he and his official cheerleader/ licence fee funded gobsh1te Savage were going to come up with.
So now I quite like the idea of Stoke staying up* and Saints going down.
Then it's case of "left Stoke in time for them to recover, took Saints down instead".

* At West Hams expense, preferably
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 17:15 - Apr 22 with 4498 viewsflynnbo

All 3 teams promoted last year into the Premier league had stripes although Sunderland started a new trend along with WBA, Stoke and Southampton all possibly dropping. Don't know exactly what point I'm trying to make but if you wear stripes it never seems to be boring!!
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 17:26 - Apr 22 with 4473 viewseghamranger

Could still be a twist to it. Swansea losing today and still have to play Southampton and Stoke.
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 19:55 - Apr 22 with 4298 viewsRs_Holy

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 17:26 - Apr 22 by eghamranger

Could still be a twist to it. Swansea losing today and still have to play Southampton and Stoke.

If nothing else Hughesless is a jammy c@nt!... how the hell did we stay up that first season he was with us???... I can see Saints getting a flukey win over Swansea.
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 20:26 - Apr 22 with 4217 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I need to dig up my 'three teams to get relegated' thread
Login to get fewer ads

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 10:57 - Apr 23 with 4066 viewsSydneyRs

In fairness, they will be meticulously prepared for relegations.
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 11:19 - Apr 23 with 4015 viewsdaveB

I think Southampton will still stay up but Stoke and West Brom have gone.
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 12:16 - Apr 23 with 3949 viewsRs_Holy

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 11:19 - Apr 23 by daveB

I think Southampton will still stay up but Stoke and West Brom have gone.

I suspect you are right Dave.... quite depressing really.
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 12:24 - Apr 23 with 3936 viewscyprusmel

I always enjoyed my trips to Southampton but can't say the same about visiting Stoke.
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 12:38 - Apr 23 with 3907 viewspaulparker

West Brom , Stoke & Soton 3 of the most uninspiring and depressing teams in English football

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 12:48 - Apr 23 with 3883 viewsdaveB

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 12:16 - Apr 23 by Rs_Holy

I suspect you are right Dave.... quite depressing really.

I do hope I'm wrong but he's a jammy manager and I can see them beating Bournemouth and Swansea
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 13:19 - Apr 23 with 3830 viewsCroydonCaptJack

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 12:38 - Apr 23 by paulparker

West Brom , Stoke & Soton 3 of the most uninspiring and depressing teams in English football

I agree mate.
But funnily enough they have all been pretty safe mid table prem teams until this season. I would imagine a bet on all of them going down would have been massive odds at the beginning of the season.
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 13:31 - Apr 23 with 3816 viewsLunarJetman

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 19:55 - Apr 22 by Rs_Holy

If nothing else Hughesless is a jammy c@nt!... how the hell did we stay up that first season he was with us???... I can see Saints getting a flukey win over Swansea.

We stayed up in spite of Mark Hughes, not because of him....
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 13:33 - Apr 23 with 3812 viewsLunarJetman

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 17:11 - Apr 22 by Cliff_Schitzinabag

Yeah I thought that's exactly what he and his official cheerleader/ licence fee funded gobsh1te Savage were going to come up with.
So now I quite like the idea of Stoke staying up* and Saints going down.
Then it's case of "left Stoke in time for them to recover, took Saints down instead".

* At West Hams expense, preferably

Hughes will no doubt claim he didn't have enough time to turn it around at Southampton so not his fault and claim(if they stay up) that it was his Stoke team that stayed up....
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 13:42 - Apr 23 with 3797 viewsstowmarketrange

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 13:33 - Apr 23 by LunarJetman

Hughes will no doubt claim he didn't have enough time to turn it around at Southampton so not his fault and claim(if they stay up) that it was his Stoke team that stayed up....

The real problem is that the media will say exactly the same.A bit like that media darling ‘arry.
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 16:20 - Apr 23 with 3689 viewsLunarJetman

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 13:42 - Apr 23 by stowmarketrange

The real problem is that the media will say exactly the same.A bit like that media darling ‘arry.

Will be interesting to see how they spin it if both clubs do go down...
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 09:55 - Apr 24 with 3434 viewsTheChef

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 19:55 - Apr 22 by Rs_Holy

Arguably he managed to get a tune out of Taarabt again in those last few games. Maybe the one decent thing he did as manager while with us.

Of course we still could have gone down on the final day if not for the Stoke v Bolton result.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 16:55 - Apr 24 with 3307 viewsTonto

Wet Brom are in such disarray I can see them going stight out through the trap door a-la Sunderland.

I feel sorry for Crouchy though...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 17:09 - Apr 24 with 3286 viewsconnell10

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 17:15 - Apr 22 by flynnbo

All 3 teams promoted last year into the Premier league had stripes although Sunderland started a new trend along with WBA, Stoke and Southampton all possibly dropping. Don't know exactly what point I'm trying to make but if you wear stripes it never seems to be boring!!

Brentford play in stripes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 17:18 - Apr 24 with 3257 viewsthame_hoops

When we went up in 2011 didn’t all three teams stay up?
West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 17:27 - Apr 24 with 3245 viewsngbqpr

In terms of how it effects next season's Championship...WBA / Stoke / Southampton all have a core of Prem quality players - if all go down, it will be due to bad management on many levels...their playing squads are infinitely stronger than those of the promoted Newcastle, Brighton, Huddersfield and a few more.

Be interesting to see if they all have fire sales, or try to keep the 'stars' who got them relegated and try to go straight back up boosted by the initial parachute dosh.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

West Brom, Stoke and Southampton on 20:01 - Apr 24 with 3169 viewsTGRRRSSS

Anyone worth having from each side will be going, in the cases of WBA and Southampton, sale of clubs and mismanagment of the new broom has in various ways led to this, in the case of Stoke this isn't the case and it's quite clearly down to Hughes and his cronies who follow him around from club to club who are stupid enough inspite of all the evidence to the contrary they they know what they're doing.

Hughes has been helped by several things, his rep as a player, his media connections and the way he comes across in interviews which gives him something of an intelligent style, all image as opposed to say Barrow Boy Arry. for example.

IN many ways it is unfair to blame Hughes for Saints, but he should get far more blame for whats happened as Stoke, as everything slowly fell apart as the house Pulis built was slowly poisoned by Hughes and his team.

If both go down it'll be hilarious, but the Stoke situation is where he should get pretty much all the blame.
Few managers actually get "relegated" really as most are sacked beforehand so someone else is at the tiller when they go down (like Hughes at Southamppton)

Not sure who will want who but Stoke and Southampton will lose anyone worth having, and do WBA have anyone worth having?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024