Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie on defeat and contracts 20:33 - Apr 22 with 7385 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/ollie-reflects-on-brentford-defeat/

Fair play to the man for being able to do his job under such a close family loss.

Interesting that both Ned and Robbo have been offered new contracts. Don't know if we read too much into the line that they are negotiating with Ned but didn't mention the same with Robbo. We will see what happens.

Best line in the interview...

"When you lose you're learning how to win." - Blimey, we've lost so much that eventually we'll be completely unbeatable.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 21:06 - Apr 22 with 4799 viewsNorthernr

Very interesting that he's coming out now and saying "they've been offered contracts" because from what I've heard, certainly in Robinson's case, the general consensus was there was no point. By tthat I mean if he's on £20 a week and we're only able to offer £10 a week while other clubs have already put deals on the table for £20-£25 a week what's the point in putting in writing what everybody already knows? Perhaps his ongoing fitness issues, plus Fulham (who I think are his main suitors) looking like their sights are going to be set considerably higher in three weeks time has changed the situation?
Ollie on defeat and contracts on 21:25 - Apr 22 with 4764 viewsbosh67

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 21:06 - Apr 22 by Northernr

Very interesting that he's coming out now and saying "they've been offered contracts" because from what I've heard, certainly in Robinson's case, the general consensus was there was no point. By tthat I mean if he's on £20 a week and we're only able to offer £10 a week while other clubs have already put deals on the table for £20-£25 a week what's the point in putting in writing what everybody already knows? Perhaps his ongoing fitness issues, plus Fulham (who I think are his main suitors) looking like their sights are going to be set considerably higher in three weeks time has changed the situation?

Fair play to Robbo if he's only been getting £20 a week!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 21:32 - Apr 22 with 4744 viewsNorthernr

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 21:25 - Apr 22 by bosh67

I did deliberately hypothetical figures to make a point so it's very clear that I'm not saying I know what he's on, what we've offered and what he's been offered elsewhere, because I don't know. Have my informed suspicions, but don't know for sure.
Ollie on defeat and contracts on 21:53 - Apr 22 with 4690 viewseghamranger

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 21:32 - Apr 22 by Northernr

I did deliberately hypothetical figures to make a point so it's very clear that I'm not saying I know what he's on, what we've offered and what he's been offered elsewhere, because I don't know. Have my informed suspicions, but don't know for sure.

I think Ned will sign for another year.

Robbo will move on. Decent player, but has/had fitness issues, he came here to prove that he could do it outside Liverpool and I wish him all the best.

I just hope that Ollie and co are on the look out for replacements.
Ollie on defeat and contracts on 22:30 - Apr 22 with 4590 viewsdaveB

Robinson not playing yesterday due to being ill tell you all you need to know, he wont be here next year
Ollie on defeat and contracts on 22:42 - Apr 22 with 4565 viewsPunteR

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 22:30 - Apr 22 by daveB

Robinson not playing yesterday due to being ill tell you all you need to know, he wont be here next year

He could just be ill..
Bit gutted. I saw him pulling up at a petrol station in Mychett on Friday, in fact he nearly drove into me as i was about to drive off. I actually waited for him to get out of his Range Rover to ask him what was happening with his contract(as if he'd tell me ) but he stayed in his car. I think he thought i was gonna have a go at him..lol

Yeh i dont think he'll be here next season anyway

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 07:57 - Apr 23 with 4333 viewsdaveB

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 22:42 - Apr 22 by PunteR

He could just be ill..
Bit gutted. I saw him pulling up at a petrol station in Mychett on Friday, in fact he nearly drove into me as i was about to drive off. I actually waited for him to get out of his Range Rover to ask him what was happening with his contract(as if he'd tell me ) but he stayed in his car. I think he thought i was gonna have a go at him..lol

Yeh i dont think he'll be here next season anyway

he could be but he's missed quite a few matches in the last 2 months, perhaps it's a coincidence but we seem to want to think the worst of Lynch so not sure why Robinson gets a pass
Ollie on defeat and contracts on 09:03 - Apr 23 with 4246 viewssimmo

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 07:57 - Apr 23 by daveB

he could be but he's missed quite a few matches in the last 2 months, perhaps it's a coincidence but we seem to want to think the worst of Lynch so not sure why Robinson gets a pass

Apart from 1 very long term, potentially career ending injury, Robinson has been largely available. Lynch however probably hasn't done more than 5 games in a row for us since he's been here.

Not to mention the tinselitis he gets EVERY fckin year.

On the contracts, initially I thought we would lose Robinson and keep Chief another year, but my pessimist side thinks both Robbo and Ned will go, the latter because of geography. If Chief does fancy a move back home/north, there's not much we can do and he's likely to have a few clubs that would take him...

I think once the play-offs are done and dusted we'll have our decisions, hopefully at least one stays.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 09:28 - Apr 23 with 4196 viewsTheChef

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 09:03 - Apr 23 by simmo

Apart from 1 very long term, potentially career ending injury, Robinson has been largely available. Lynch however probably hasn't done more than 5 games in a row for us since he's been here.

Not to mention the tinselitis he gets EVERY fckin year.

On the contracts, initially I thought we would lose Robinson and keep Chief another year, but my pessimist side thinks both Robbo and Ned will go, the latter because of geography. If Chief does fancy a move back home/north, there's not much we can do and he's likely to have a few clubs that would take him...

I think once the play-offs are done and dusted we'll have our decisions, hopefully at least one stays.

Fairly clear that each season, Lynch wants to beat the rush on booking those Christmas and summer holidays...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 09:59 - Apr 23 with 4133 viewsterryb

Did you say the same about Smith & Luongo when thery recently missed a game through illness?

Or are some players not allowed to suffer the same illnesses as every other person in the world?
Ollie on defeat and contracts on 10:06 - Apr 23 with 4112 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Not sure you can just assume that from him being ill.
Although you have ;)
Ollie on defeat and contracts on 10:15 - Apr 23 with 4073 viewsdaveB

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 09:59 - Apr 23 by terryb

Did you say the same about Smith & Luongo when thery recently missed a game through illness?

Or are some players not allowed to suffer the same illnesses as every other person in the world?

He's allowed to be ill but he's missed quite a few games in the last 2 months, i don't think it's a coincidence and imo he is making sure he doesn't get injured again ahead of a move in the summer, I don't blame him as his career is short and he's suffered a lot in the last few years
Ollie on defeat and contracts on 12:19 - Apr 23 with 3961 viewsBlackCrowe

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 21:53 - Apr 22 by eghamranger

I think Ned will sign for another year.

Robbo will move on. Decent player, but has/had fitness issues, he came here to prove that he could do it outside Liverpool and I wish him all the best.

I just hope that Ollie and co are on the look out for replacements.

Why wouldn't Ned sign for another year unless (he wants to move geographically for family etc). He's an adequate mid-lower table Championship defender. No PL teams or ambitious Championship teams will be beating the door down to sign him.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 12:20 - Apr 23 with 3957 viewsdaveB

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 12:19 - Apr 23 by BlackCrowe

Why wouldn't Ned sign for another year unless (he wants to move geographically for family etc). He's an adequate mid-lower table Championship defender. No PL teams or ambitious Championship teams will be beating the door down to sign him.

On a free transfer he'd be a decent signing for a newly promoted side such as Cardiff or one of the lower prem ones like huddersfield
Ollie on defeat and contracts on 13:20 - Apr 23 with 3895 viewshoopdog

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 12:20 - Apr 23 by daveB

On a free transfer he'd be a decent signing for a newly promoted side such as Cardiff or one of the lower prem ones like huddersfield

Could see Sunderland back in for Ned , 3rd tier maybe but still a very big club there'll be a lot of changes up there and Ned could be an ideal candidate on a free
Ollie on defeat and contracts on 13:22 - Apr 23 with 3874 viewssimmo

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 12:19 - Apr 23 by BlackCrowe

"No PL teams or ambitious Championship teams will be beating the door down to sign him."

Why not? A proven defender with pace, strength, that's a really senior player that's still got a good few years in him. Personally think he will be an improvement on most of the CB's in this league. For a free transfer he'd be a great signing.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 13:42 - Apr 23 with 3831 viewsSimonJames

I found that interview to be surprisingly coherent and almost reassuring... right up to the point where he uttered the phrase "begin to rebuild"!
In how many consecutive seasons have we heard that phrase?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 16:36 - Apr 23 with 3616 viewsterryb

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 13:20 - Apr 23 by hoopdog

Could see Sunderland back in for Ned , 3rd tier maybe but still a very big club there'll be a lot of changes up there and Ned could be an ideal candidate on a free

They will still be paying Rodwell £43 million in wages & that sort of figure will probably apply to others as well.

Npbody is likely to take their top earners off their hands at those figures & how they will be able to meet FFP will be interesting.
Ollie on defeat and contracts on 17:27 - Apr 23 with 3537 viewsPunteR

I dont think Onouha is prem quality but then neither was Leroy Fer and he got a contract , so i guess anything can happen if you have a decent agent.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 18:09 - Apr 23 with 3457 viewsdavman

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 10:15 - Apr 23 by daveB

He's allowed to be ill but he's missed quite a few games in the last 2 months, i don't think it's a coincidence and imo he is making sure he doesn't get injured again ahead of a move in the summer, I don't blame him as his career is short and he's suffered a lot in the last few years

You're right Dave, but the other thing to throw into the pot is that he has been captain for a couple of those games he has played - what would you read into that?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 18:55 - Apr 23 with 3370 viewsTacticalR

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 21:25 - Apr 22 by bosh67

It must be one of those zero-hours contracts.

Air hostess clique

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 19:17 - Apr 23 with 3323 viewsWestbourneR

Furlong at centre-back now. SNORE.

Ian - please - he's just really found his feet as a RB at this level. Just leave him alone, LEAVE IT ALONE, and stop messing around and just let him play there for the next two seasons and become an awesome accomplished right-back.

There is absolutely no need for Furlong to be a centre back as well. All this about 'if Kakay plays then Furs will need to play there' really just worries me.

Why has he got this obsession with flexibility and players playing all over the place??? It just makes a whole bunch of average all over the park.

He's messing around again, it grinds my gears.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 19:35]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 19:29 - Apr 23 with 3302 viewsTHEBUSH

I think Ned and Robbo will both leave, as they will get a nice signing on fee wherever they go.

I can´t see us paying them anything like what they could get elsewhere.
Ollie on defeat and contracts on 19:53 - Apr 23 with 3240 viewsJigsore

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 19:17 - Apr 23 by WestbourneR

Ian - please - he's just really found his feet as a RB at this level. Just leave him alone, LEAVE IT ALONE, and stop messing around and just let him play there for the next two seasons and become an awesome accomplished right-back.

There is absolutely no need for Furlong to be a centre back as well. All this about 'if Kakay plays then Furs will need to play there' really just worries me.

Why has he got this obsession with flexibility and players playing all over the place??? It just makes a whole bunch of average all over the park.

sorry, isn't Baptiste our only fit centre back? and Perch hasn't played all season coming off the back of a long term injury

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 21:09 - Apr 23 with 3091 viewsdaveB

Ollie on defeat and contracts on 19:17 - Apr 23 by WestbourneR

Who else did you want to play at centre back then when we had none available?

Sounded like he had a good game and has the attributes to play that role, not sure what the problem is with trying it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024