Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! 12:14 - Apr 24 with 5921 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Looks like Clint Hill has been named as player of the year at Carlisle Utd. Not surprising - the guy is a superb centre half!
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 12:15]
Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 18:20 - Apr 24 with 4718 viewssimmo

Apparently not, just nominated by this dude. But yeah, an absolute fckin hero who left us too soon (and according to Rangers fans, them too)

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 18:55 - Apr 24 with 4676 viewsRs_Holy

he'll be back at QPR one day!
Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 22:41 - Apr 24 with 4542 viewsShunter

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 18:55 - Apr 24 by Rs_Holy

he'll be back at QPR one day!

Should never have left, another JFH decision we life to regret
Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 03:54 - Apr 25 with 4468 viewstimcocking

Our man Clint. Fantastic.
Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 09:45 - Apr 25 with 4372 viewsaston_hoop

Sounds like they love the bloke up at Carlisle. Much like they did here and they did at Rangers. Have this horrible feeling Joey Barton will try to bring him to Fleetwood at the end of the season...

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 11:56 - Apr 25 with 4254 viewsrobith

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 22:41 - Apr 24 by Shunter

Should never have left, another JFH decision we life to regret

I absolutely love the guy, but because he's nominated for player of the season 2 divisions below us it's a decision we regret?
Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 12:05 - Apr 25 with 4239 viewsShunter

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 11:56 - Apr 25 by robith

I absolutely love the guy, but because he's nominated for player of the season 2 divisions below us it's a decision we regret?

Thats the most narrow minded comment I have read on here for ages,
so you prefer Lynch & Baptiste to Division 2 Clint ?
Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 12:12 - Apr 25 with 4227 viewsJigsore

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 12:05 - Apr 25 by Shunter

yes

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 12:16 - Apr 25 with 4220 viewsAntti_Heinola

Letting Clint go wasn't the mistake. It was a decision that sadly had to be made. Not replacing him adequately was a bigger problem, although Lynch certainly should have been able to do that, but sadly hasn't, at least not consistently.

Bare bones.

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 13:19 - Apr 25 with 4129 viewsJamesB1979

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 12:16 - Apr 25 by Antti_Heinola

Letting Clint go wasn't the mistake. It was a decision that sadly had to be made. Not replacing him adequately was a bigger problem, although Lynch certainly should have been able to do that, but sadly hasn't, at least not consistently.

On podcast he seems annoyed about the way we went about it. He was only told day before his contract ended I think was what he said.
Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 13:48 - Apr 25 with 4096 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hill was a spent force for a couple of seasons before he left, a lot of finger pointing and last ditch tackles as his legs had gone. The one thing he never lost was his ability to dominate in the air, which was probably why he was kept for so long.

The grass is always greener.

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 14:00 - Apr 25 with 4079 viewsNorthernr

The sort of person you let go from your club at your peril really, and we did two of them at once - Faurlin and Hill. Finished JFH to a large degree that because you keep them and keep them onside and you keep the dressing room with you off the pitch. On the pitch Faurlin was still the best passer of the ball, and was only really replaced when we got Freeman after JFH was sacked, and Hill was still the only centre back we had that regularly dominated in the air.
Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 14:15 - Apr 25 with 4051 viewspaulparker

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 14:00 - Apr 25 by Northernr

The sort of person you let go from your club at your peril really, and we did two of them at once - Faurlin and Hill. Finished JFH to a large degree that because you keep them and keep them onside and you keep the dressing room with you off the pitch. On the pitch Faurlin was still the best passer of the ball, and was only really replaced when we got Freeman after JFH was sacked, and Hill was still the only centre back we had that regularly dominated in the air.

We can criticize JFH for some of it , but surely Les as DOF is the man responsible for dishing out contracts ?
we missed a trick by not having Faurlin play as a sweeper imo , like we started to do with Hall last season
anyway fair play to clint a player who shock horror wants to play every week and for as long as he can, a proper old school captain and centre half who is twice the player Lynch & perch are now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 15:05 - Apr 25 with 4008 viewsAntti_Heinola

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 13:19 - Apr 25 by JamesB1979

On podcast he seems annoyed about the way we went about it. He was only told day before his contract ended I think was what he said.

undoubtedly the way it was done was wrong. club clearly learned from that with Mackie this season.

Bare bones.

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 15:06 - Apr 25 with 4006 viewsAntti_Heinola

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 14:15 - Apr 25 by paulparker

We can criticize JFH for some of it , but surely Les as DOF is the man responsible for dishing out contracts ?
we missed a trick by not having Faurlin play as a sweeper imo , like we started to do with Hall last season
anyway fair play to clint a player who shock horror wants to play every week and for as long as he can, a proper old school captain and centre half who is twice the player Lynch & perch are now

Les would only give contracts to those who JFH wanted to keep, surely?

Bare bones.

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 16:11 - Apr 26 with 3774 viewsrobith

I fail to see how it's narrow minded?

As I said, I loved the guy, and the manner of his departure was a total botch. We probably also didn't accurately replace his role in the defence.

But the levels he's played out subsequently don't fill me with confidence he could've kept doing it at Championship standard. Rangers that finished 9 points adrift of Aberdeen and now Carlisle. Fair play to him though, he still wanted regular first team football and he's gone to places he can get it.

Doesn't mean that Lynch and Baptiste are raving successes. But haven't seen evidence that Clint would have been better on a qualitative level
Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 18:21 - Apr 26 with 3686 viewsjohnhoop

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 14:00 - Apr 25 by Northernr

What really p-she’d me off about the departure of both of them was the way it was done after the last home game of the season so the fans never knew as they finished that game that it was their last one and never had the chance to show their thanks for two such massively appreciated players.
Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 19:37 - Apr 26 with 3628 viewsTW_R

A few rumours going around that Clint is set to become Barton's Assistant Manager at Fleetwood.
Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 19:50 - Apr 26 with 3607 viewsDorse

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 19:37 - Apr 26 by TW_R

A few rumours going around that Clint is set to become Barton's Assistant Manager at Fleetwood.

I can see the headline now: 'Fleetwood Manager Recovering After Traing Cone Removed From Anus'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 20:00 - Apr 26 with 3598 viewsaston_hoop

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 19:37 - Apr 26 by TW_R

I think I started that rumour earlier in the thread!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 20:26 - Apr 26 with 3576 viewsTripleR

Yes.
It would have been great to keep him at LR. As a squad player, as a professional footballer showing the youngsters how to behave and show how it should be done and maybe as a coach to show some how to defend!
Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 21:40 - Apr 26 with 3508 viewsEsox_Lucius

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 20:26 - Apr 26 by TripleR

Yes.
It would have been great to keep him at LR. As a squad player, as a professional footballer showing the youngsters how to behave and show how it should be done and maybe as a coach to show some how to defend!

We have Onuoha doing that now so your point is redundant.

The grass is always greener.

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 22:11 - Apr 26 with 3484 viewsPunteR

As much as i love Hill he's nearly 40 and playing L2. Theres no way he'd keep up with the rigueurs of the championship.
Top player and will no doubt go into coaching
[Post edited 26 Apr 2018 23:15]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 00:00 - Apr 27 with 3384 viewsCiderwithRsie

Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 12:16 - Apr 25 by Antti_Heinola

We were supposed to have replaced him (as first choice in the starting XI anyway) about two years before that. It's a tribute to him that he was called back into the fray season after season but a sad indictment of e.g. Stephen Caulker
Clint Hill...player of the year. He is amazing! on 08:24 - Apr 27 with 3270 viewseastside_r

Keith Curle leaving Carlisle at the end of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024