Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO the QPR press dept 17:51 - Apr 24 with 6174 viewssmegma

For the last month I have noticed error after error on the official QPR website. They seem to have appeared since it was announced Ian Taylor was leaving to join SKY.

On 17th March the website said that mornings Under 18 game vs Leeds United kicked off at both 10.30 and 11am in the very same article. It was 10.30.
In the match report for the home game v Preston North End last week it said Matt Smith scored with a header.
Last weeks Under 23 game at home to Bristol City was described as the 'penultimate match' when it was the third last game of the season. We played the penultimate game yesterday against Crewe Alexandra while the very last game is on Thursday away to Coventry City.

Then today's under 18 game game at home to Cardiff City, the match report on the official website says we won 4-1. We actually won 5-1.
And 4 of our players names were spelt incorrectly on the team sheet.

Any chance of asking Ian Taylor to stay on ?? Or get club historian Gordon Macey to write the match reports and spell the players names correctly ??
FAO the QPR press dept on 18:00 - Apr 24 with 4977 viewsDorse

Dear Mr Semga

It has bean bought to my contention that ewe are unhippy with the smelling in hour much reports. Let me insure you that wee take this very Siri us Lee nad will ettempt to corrode this as quackly as passable. Yore fed black is impotent to all of us hear at B&Q.

Yours

The Pasty Apartment

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

FAO the QPR press dept on 18:20 - Apr 24 with 4937 viewsRangersw12

The self centred Spurs idiot probably did the mistakes himself
FAO the QPR press dept on 18:25 - Apr 24 with 4919 viewssimmo

FAO the QPR press dept on 18:20 - Apr 24 by Rangersw12

The self centred Spurs idiot probably did the mistakes himself

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

FAO the QPR press dept on 18:39 - Apr 24 with 4894 viewssmegma

FAO the QPR press dept on 18:00 - Apr 24 by Dorse

Dear Mr Semga

It has bean bought to my contention that ewe are unhippy with the smelling in hour much reports. Let me insure you that wee take this very Siri us Lee nad will ettempt to corrode this as quackly as passable. Yore fed black is impotent to all of us hear at B&Q.

Yours

The Pasty Apartment

Are you tiking the pass??
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 18:44]
FAO the QPR press dept on 19:27 - Apr 24 with 4808 viewsLunarJetman

Smega, if it bothers you that much have you tried emailing the club rather than just posting on here? It looks like you're just having a winge.....
FAO the QPR press dept on 21:18 - Apr 24 with 4713 viewssmegma

FAO the QPR press dept on 19:27 - Apr 24 by LunarJetman

Smega, if it bothers you that much have you tried emailing the club rather than just posting on here? It looks like you're just having a winge.....

So you're happy our clubs press dept is run by useless amateurs??

If you look at the items I pointed out, the fact the clubs match report of the PNE game says Smith scored a header is absolutely pathetic. All games are recorded. EVERYONE knows how the goal was scored. Even fans in Australia know. Except our match reporter.
FAO the QPR press dept on 22:22 - Apr 24 with 4615 viewsLongsufferingR

Maybe we should put loftinoz forward for the position?
FAO the QPR press dept on 22:56 - Apr 24 with 4575 viewssmegma

FAO the QPR press dept on 22:22 - Apr 24 by LongsufferingR

Maybe we should put loftinoz forward for the position?

Now there's a great idea.
Login to get fewer ads

FAO the QPR press dept on 03:53 - Apr 25 with 4479 viewstimcocking

Tis a fair point, it's pretty poor that. And sadly, unsurprising from QPR.
FAO the QPR press dept on 12:28 - Apr 25 with 4401 viewsLunarJetman

FAO the QPR press dept on 21:18 - Apr 24 by smegma

If you look at the items I pointed out, the fact the clubs match report of the PNE game says Smith scored a header is absolutely pathetic. All games are recorded. EVERYONE knows how the goal was scored. Even fans in Australia know. Except our match reporter.

I didn't say I was happy. I just think if it bothers you as much as it appears to, contact the club directly and let them know.
FAO the QPR press dept on 13:00 - Apr 25 with 4355 viewsMick_S

FAO the QPR press dept on 18:00 - Apr 24 by Dorse

Dear Mr Semga

Yours

The Pasty Apartment

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

FAO the QPR press dept on 02:23 - Apr 26 with 4212 viewstimcocking

FAO the QPR press dept on 12:28 - Apr 25 by LunarJetman

I didn't say I was happy. I just think if it bothers you as much as it appears to, contact the club directly and let them know.

Do we really have to contact the club to tell them they are spellng our players names wrong? Feels like you're having at pop at the op when it really is a very reasonable post. Can't have it both ways; we're either a decent football club or it's more Mickey Mouse sh!t.
FAO the QPR press dept on 07:20 - Apr 26 with 4148 viewsdistortR

probably sent to a sweatshop-style journalistic content factory knocking out tonnes of the bilge.

'Smith scored - must have been a header. Put that. Weather report for the isle of man nonews? just put a black cloud with a rain drop under it.'

Note to self. the latter may actually be a case of truth mirroring fiction. Might look into this and call in an air strike if any doubt. Us, Ireland and Wales. The coalition of the damp.
FAO the QPR press dept on 09:23 - Apr 26 with 4056 viewsUruguayanRanger

FAO the QPR press dept on 12:28 - Apr 25 by LunarJetman

To be fair, it has been five whole days since we last had a chance to moan at Holloway or the team or whatever else...the weeks can drag without a moan at something
FAO the QPR press dept on 09:29 - Apr 26 with 4044 viewsrobith

Is this the best format for passing that feedback onto the club though?
FAO the QPR press dept on 09:48 - Apr 26 with 4016 viewsstevec

FAO the QPR press dept on 09:29 - Apr 26 by robith

Is this the best format for passing that feedback onto the club though?

The beauty of social media is everybody else gets to hear about their incompetence and that is considerably more likely to focus their minds.

You can be sure the Press department are onto this now and probably saying something along the lines of 'those knts on LFW are having a pop again' but, more importantly, in future they'll be getting kick off times sorted, the scores right and differentiating between a header and a fckin shot.
FAO the QPR press dept on 12:14 - Apr 26 with 3948 viewsoldmisery

I spoke to someone in the Press Department back in August. I suggested they may like to employ a proof reader to eliminate errors in the match day programme. There were a few minor incorrect spellings and on page three it referred to a story on pages 14 -5 (instead of 14-15) in today's hoops.
I still buy a programme at every home game (why, I ask myself) and the same mistake on page three has been repeated in every one of the subsequent 24 (?) programmes since.
Am I being pedantic or is this very unprofessional?
FAO the QPR press dept on 12:28 - Apr 26 with 3930 viewssmegma

FAO the QPR press dept on 09:48 - Apr 26 by stevec

The beauty of social media is everybody else gets to hear about their incompetence and that is considerably more likely to focus their minds.

You can be sure the Press department are onto this now and probably saying something along the lines of 'those knts on LFW are having a pop again' but, more importantly, in future they'll be getting kick off times sorted, the scores right and differentiating between a header and a fckin shot.

About 3 hours after this thread appeared, the match report on the official website was changed to 5-1 from the original 4-1. And I use the term 'match report' very lightly. Only the goal scorers are mentioned with no goal description. I.e. The first goal by Amrit Bansal-McNulty was a penalty. They did manage to spell the players full names correctly and no nicknames were used like on the teamsheet where Gilbert Miller was named as Gilly Miller.
FAO the QPR press dept on 12:41 - Apr 26 with 3907 viewsNortholt_Rs

Is he taking Holloway with him? I hope so given it was his idea to give him the manager role....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

FAO the QPR press dept on 15:26 - Apr 26 with 3810 viewsDorse

FAO the QPR press dept on 02:23 - Apr 26 by timcocking

Do we really have to contact the club to tell them they are spellng our players names wrong? Feels like you're having at pop at the op when it really is a very reasonable post. Can't have it both ways; we're either a decent football club or it's more Mickey Mouse sh!t.

'Do we really have to contact the club to tell them they are spellng our players names wrong?...'

Intentional or not, still made me laugh.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

FAO the QPR press dept on 16:21 - Apr 26 with 3771 viewssmegma

In other news, our under 23s have just lost their last game of the season away to Coventry City at the Ricoh Arena. The score was 2-0.

Not sure what our website or Dianne Abbott will say though.
FAO the QPR press dept on 22:52 - Apr 26 with 3631 viewsLongsufferingR

FAO the QPR press dept on 16:21 - Apr 26 by smegma

In other news, our under 23s have just lost their last game of the season away to Coventry City at the Ricoh Arena. The score was 2-0.

Not sure what our website or Dianne Abbott will say though.

Let me guess. A 3-2 win with the winner coming from a Massimo Luongo header with his left foot.
FAO the QPR press dept on 23:49 - Apr 26 with 3588 viewsCiderwithRsie

FAO the QPR press dept on 12:28 - Apr 26 by smegma

About 3 hours after this thread appeared, the match report on the official website was changed to 5-1 from the original 4-1. And I use the term 'match report' very lightly. Only the goal scorers are mentioned with no goal description. I.e. The first goal by Amrit Bansal-McNulty was a penalty. They did manage to spell the players full names correctly and no nicknames were used like on the teamsheet where Gilbert Miller was named as Gilly Miller.

The long arm of Loft For Words strikes. Fear our wrath, ye unbelievers, lest ye too be smitten.

Or is it smote? Smat?

Whatever. Just bloody watch it.
FAO the QPR press dept on 13:14 - Apr 27 with 3482 viewssmegma

And it goes on...........Match report from Mondays under 23 game.

Our goalkeeper was a trialist called Richardson.
Not according to our press department.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures/under-23/2017/qpr-u23s-v-crewe-alexandra-u23s/
FAO the QPR press dept on 14:02 - Apr 27 with 3425 viewsted_hendrix

To eradicate this spelling issue once and for all we should beat to death our entire current squad and next season sign only players with the surname Higgingbottom.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024