Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s 23:32 - Apr 24 with 5332 viewsbosh67

Well done. Looks like a prospect and scores a fair few goals. Will be nearer 18 than 17 for the start of the 2018-19 season. Could be worth Ollie giving him a promotion to the first team in pre-season. See how he does.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 23:55 - Apr 24 with 4609 viewsphilc

He definitely looks a good prospect. Didn’t we get him from Fulham?
Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 00:01 - Apr 25 with 4602 viewsphilc

I’ve seen on the Indy’s site that our under 14’s beat Chelsea 4 : 3 the other week, which probably means after some inducements all 11 will be playing for Chelsea next year.
Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 00:31 - Apr 25 with 4581 viewskensalriser

That's mint.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 08:28 - Apr 25 with 4489 viewsaston_hoop

Huge gap between u18s and first team. Hope instead he'll pick up the title as chief goal scorer for the U23s next season because Aramide Oteh will be too busy banging them in for the first team!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 09:37 - Apr 25 with 4408 viewssmegma

In his 8 starts in 2018 he has 10 goals including two hat tricks. Including sub appearances he has 12 in 12 .
Then you add his two sub appearances for the under 23s of 11 mins and 13 mins he has 1 goal in 2.
Yet in 2017 he couldn't hit a barn door. He used to make the right runs but literally every chance was either saved or hit the bar/post.
I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but his turn of fortune seem to have come with the return to the fold of Paul Furlong in January. Since then he's been on fire in front of goal.

His dad tells me he turned 17 in December. I look forward to seeing him in the under 18s next season but going by his progress in the last 12 months, he may be promoted to the under 23s. He has similarities with Clive Allen in my opinion.
Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 09:39 - Apr 25 with 4404 viewssmegma

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 23:55 - Apr 24 by philc

He definitely looks a good prospect. Didn’t we get him from Fulham?

He's from Eastbourne and was plucked from his local club. (According to our website)

Not sure which one as there are 3 in Eastbourne.
Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 09:42 - Apr 25 with 4398 viewssimmo

Someone to step up and replace Oteh who should be out on loan, for the first part of next season at least.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 09:50 - Apr 25 with 4382 viewssmegma

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 09:42 - Apr 25 by simmo

Someone to step up and replace Oteh who should be out on loan, for the first part of next season at least.

I think that will be the plan. Charley finished second top scorer for the under 18s having only played about a third of the games. Top scorer (with 15) Jardel Francis-Agenyika has been released by the club. The only other forward Mickel Platt scored 10 and is a good prospect but I havnt heard if he's staying on yet. I also expect to see some new blood as about half of the under 18s will over th age limit come September. What I've seen of the under 16s there's only about 3 or 4 who have played for the under 18s and have done well so far.
Login to get fewer ads

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 09:51 - Apr 25 with 4377 viewssimmo

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 09:50 - Apr 25 by smegma

I think that will be the plan. Charley finished second top scorer for the under 18s having only played about a third of the games. Top scorer (with 15) Jardel Francis-Agenyika has been released by the club. The only other forward Mickel Platt scored 10 and is a good prospect but I havnt heard if he's staying on yet. I also expect to see some new blood as about half of the under 18s will over th age limit come September. What I've seen of the under 16s there's only about 3 or 4 who have played for the under 18s and have done well so far.

Cheers for the info, good that there seems a plan to replace those stepping up - exactly as it should be.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 09:53 - Apr 25 with 4368 viewsaston_hoop

How is that Amrit Bansal-McNulty getting along? remember reading a few comments about him doing well in one of the reserve pre-season games and see his name pop up as goalscorer now and then. Any good?

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 10:07 - Apr 25 with 4346 viewssmegma

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 09:53 - Apr 25 by aston_hoop

How is that Amrit Bansal-McNulty getting along? remember reading a few comments about him doing well in one of the reserve pre-season games and see his name pop up as goalscorer now and then. Any good?

I rate him highly. Central midfielder and scored 5 goals. He will be too old for the under 18s unfortunately. No news on his future as his parents weren't there yesterday.
The highlight for me was his performance away to Bovingdon pre season. He came on as sub and scored a wonder goal beating about 5 players before scoring. The last defender was Birchams brother and Bovingdon manager Lee . After, him and his dad were raving about the little number 14 as were the whole Bovingdon team. Lee said he was as strong as an Ox which surprised him. Good dribbler of the ball. Yesterday he should have had 3 penalties when tripped in the box during mazy runs. The ref gave the first but probably thought ' I can't give 3 penalties in 1 game'. He also set up Kendall's first goal with a cheeky back heel.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 10:09]
Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 10:10 - Apr 25 with 4334 viewsaston_hoop

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 10:07 - Apr 25 by smegma

I rate him highly. Central midfielder and scored 5 goals. He will be too old for the under 18s unfortunately. No news on his future as his parents weren't there yesterday.
The highlight for me was his performance away to Bovingdon pre season. He came on as sub and scored a wonder goal beating about 5 players before scoring. The last defender was Birchams brother and Bovingdon manager Lee . After, him and his dad were raving about the little number 14 as were the whole Bovingdon team. Lee said he was as strong as an Ox which surprised him. Good dribbler of the ball. Yesterday he should have had 3 penalties when tripped in the box during mazy runs. The ref gave the first but probably thought ' I can't give 3 penalties in 1 game'. He also set up Kendall's first goal with a cheeky back heel.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 10:09]

Nice one, cheers for that. think it was that Bovingdon game that I remember reading about where people were talking about him. Lets hope he can step up to the U23s then

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 10:14 - Apr 25 with 4322 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for all the updates, Smeg.

The most important one is Paul Furlong returning. Great news for him and his family.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 10:32 - Apr 25 with 4274 viewssmegma

Edit: Mickel Platt turns 18 next week so won't feature for the U18s next season. Which leaves Kendall at the moment.
Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 10:48 - Apr 25 with 4230 viewsHunterhoop

Thanks, Smeg. Very insightful as always. Out of interest, as I must have missed it, what happened with Paul Furlong?
Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 15:12 - Apr 25 with 4047 viewssmegma

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 10:48 - Apr 25 by Hunterhoop

Thanks, Smeg. Very insightful as always. Out of interest, as I must have missed it, what happened with Paul Furlong?

He was off work ill from literally the start of the season until January. He is fully recovered now.
Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 15:42 - Apr 25 with 3991 viewsNorthernr

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 15:12 - Apr 25 by smegma

He was off work ill from literally the start of the season until January. He is fully recovered now.

Oh no, good to hear he's ok but that doesn't sound good. Love Furs.
Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 18:23 - Apr 25 with 3822 viewsHunterhoop

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 15:12 - Apr 25 by smegma

Bloody hell. That must have been very serious. Is he back to full health now? My personal favourite Rangers player of all time.
Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 18:28 - Apr 25 with 3812 viewsdaveB

I thought it was Furlong's wife who was ill, hope he is ok now.
Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 22:31 - Apr 25 with 3654 viewsderbyhoop

I hadn't realised Barrel Francis had been released, but he hadn't appeared on the last few U18 teams. Seemed a good prospect until the Youth Cup game vs Charlton, where he was completely anonymous.

Not good enough or wrong attitude?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 22:40 - Apr 25 with 3640 viewssmegma

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 22:31 - Apr 25 by derbyhoop

I hadn't realised Barrel Francis had been released, but he hadn't appeared on the last few U18 teams. Seemed a good prospect until the Youth Cup game vs Charlton, where he was completely anonymous.

Not good enough or wrong attitude?

Word is attitude....
Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 09:13 - Apr 26 with 3470 viewsstevec

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 09:37 - Apr 25 by smegma

In his 8 starts in 2018 he has 10 goals including two hat tricks. Including sub appearances he has 12 in 12 .
Then you add his two sub appearances for the under 23s of 11 mins and 13 mins he has 1 goal in 2.
Yet in 2017 he couldn't hit a barn door. He used to make the right runs but literally every chance was either saved or hit the bar/post.
I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but his turn of fortune seem to have come with the return to the fold of Paul Furlong in January. Since then he's been on fire in front of goal.

His dad tells me he turned 17 in December. I look forward to seeing him in the under 18s next season but going by his progress in the last 12 months, he may be promoted to the under 23s. He has similarities with Clive Allen in my opinion.

Good to hear this sort of stuff about under 18's and 23's.

I remember when Les first got in the team, constantly making the right runs, leaving defenders all ends up, but struggling to hit the target. It's getting in those positions though, that marks out a top forward.

It's noticeable that outside the Prem it's rare to find many forwards who make the right runs, seems like an instinct thing rather than taught.
Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 12:35 - Apr 26 with 3396 viewssmegma

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 09:13 - Apr 26 by stevec

Good to hear this sort of stuff about under 18's and 23's.

I remember when Les first got in the team, constantly making the right runs, leaving defenders all ends up, but struggling to hit the target. It's getting in those positions though, that marks out a top forward.

It's noticeable that outside the Prem it's rare to find many forwards who make the right runs, seems like an instinct thing rather than taught.

I noticed two scouts watching yesterday. In both halves they stood at the end of the pitch we were attacking.
Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 11:02 - May 3 with 3180 viewsaston_hoop

Released/kept list of the u18s for anyone interested

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-18s-news/six-u18-players-depart

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 11:55 - May 3 with 3082 viewscaliforniahoop

Charley Kendall scores hattrick for U18s on 11:02 - May 3 by aston_hoop

Released/kept list of the u18s for anyone interested

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-18s-news/six-u18-players-depart

Thanks, this is great news, I didn’t know P Furlong wasn’t well, I take far more interest in the youth set up these days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024