Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s 18:11 - Apr 28 with 7456 viewsLblock

Eze is just pure silk.
He’ll frustrate those that want all action players but this kids touch, calmness and intelligence on the ball matches his skill levels.
I’d be extending his contract ASAP

Chair impressed me today - looked comfortable at times, busy and industrial at others. Another who impressed today and looked fearless. Really pleased for him getting his goal and his bravery belies his size

BOS really impressed me at times, especially coming in off the right. I know Brum were totally shite but at times he was beating three and four players with skill at pace. A bit too honest at times!!

Honourable mention for Kakay as well. I’ve liked the look of him last two games.

Lumley looks okay but I’d say two years off of this level. His one flap seemed to put him out of line. Fantastic distribution though.

So... add Smyth into the mix and the kids are alright. I do however still have strong reservations about relying on them for a 46 game League season so I hope some good squad planning is well under way.
I’m looking forward to beating Bentford in their shiny new stadium next season already!!!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 18:18 - Apr 28 with 5756 views1MoreBrightonR

Pretty much agree with all this. Eze was fantastic today....just class the whole game. Keeper showed some signs, good distribution but had a twenty minute patch of looking really nervous and dodgy. Won't judge him on one game though.

Chair is tiny....but again showed some signs...you could see why we signed him though is Def one for the future. Same with kakay...couldn't work out exactly what his role was but was physical and showed some bits of flair

Birmingham were terrible.
Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 18:26 - Apr 28 with 5680 viewsRs_Holy

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 18:18 - Apr 28 by 1MoreBrightonR

Pretty much agree with all this. Eze was fantastic today....just class the whole game. Keeper showed some signs, good distribution but had a twenty minute patch of looking really nervous and dodgy. Won't judge him on one game though.

Chair is tiny....but again showed some signs...you could see why we signed him though is Def one for the future. Same with kakay...couldn't work out exactly what his role was but was physical and showed some bits of flair

Birmingham were terrible.

I think we should rest Eze for the remainder of the season... I genuinely think he looks too good for the Championship. Keep him under wraps as much as possible.
As for the bigger picture, what pleased me most today was the attitude and work rate of the youngsters. They did not look phased or overawed with the match. They were committed and showed a willingness to express themselves.
All of a sudden the club is doing things very right with the youth team/reserves... This evening the future looks bright .
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 18:55]
Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 18:40 - Apr 28 with 5606 viewsWadR

Agree Lblock, especially on Eze. Only a dozen Championship appearances and he has the composure, touch and awareness of a seasoned pro. Great to see him bounce back from a slightly subpar performance against Preston (not intended as a slight on him).

Only seen Chair a couple of times before this - at U23 level and in the cup - and he was playing a lot deeper today. He was up against a Birmingham midfielder twice his size and didn't shirk any physical battles, did an important cynical shirt pull to stop one Brum counter and significantly for me, wanted the ball constantly, even when it wasn't quite working for him in the first half. Took the goal superbly too.

Liked Lumley's confidence and communication - was constantly talking. We were lucky to get away with his spill early in the second half but felt very safe with him in goal.

Thought Kakay struggled a little against Maghoma (the only standout Birmingham player) but great test for him and he didn't make any glaring errors although I thought it was right for him to be taken off when he was.

Not quite a youngster but thought Furlong was excellent again considering he was up against two 6'4 lumps.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 18:45]
Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 19:11 - Apr 28 with 5408 viewsessextaxiboy

Feels like we are building something instead of trying to buy it ..
Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 19:18 - Apr 28 with 5363 viewsdanehoop

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 19:11 - Apr 28 by essextaxiboy

Feels like we are building something instead of trying to buy it ..

Credit to Chris Ramsey for the difference he has made with the development of the youth team and U23s, to the scouting that has started to pay dividends and to Holloway and Bircham for how they have looked to integrate the youngsters with a clear path into the team.

Feel increasingly like it is going to be an exciting season next year and thereafter if we can keep this pipeline going.

Never knowingly understood

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 19:26 - Apr 28 with 5327 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Enjoy him while we can, because it won’t take long for someone to realise an older Eze in a better team will be a hell of a player. I think he’s ended any thoughts about bringing Inesta to the club, no need!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 20:03 - Apr 28 with 5157 viewsEsox_Lucius

The real trick will be getting these youngsters to sign extended deals that are within the clubs current wage structure. There are already 2-4 of them whose contracts don't have that long left who may be able to command more than our upper limit if scouts out there are taking notice of what we are seeing. When you read that Sunderland are paying Jack Rodwell £70k a week and he refuses to play then you can imagine one or two of the existing Championship clubs plus the ones that drop with their parachute money who may be willing to risk £20-30k a week on the likes of Eze, Smyth, Manning, Furlong. Even Chair & Tilt would probably be able to get one of the above teams to stump up, and Lumley will definitely be worth money in a few years.

The grass is always greener.

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 20:06 - Apr 28 with 5141 viewsbosh67

I think if we can get Eze just a bit fitter/stronger and add half a yard of pace to him as a consequence we have got one hell of a player on our hands. Preston kept him shackled and that's where he needs that fitness and strength to push through but today Birmingham hadn't done any homework on him and as a result his free role pretty much destroyed them. He's the only player I've seen here some a long time that could actually nutmeg Taarabt. Incredible natural skill and he makes it look so simple. His decision making is pretty good too.

BOS really enjoyed his lung busting runs today and again this kid has real skill. He has a very awkward way of running with the ball but he has real ability to beat players and leave them on their backsides.

Chair had a 15-20 minute patch where he suddenly looked exhausted but he then came back into the game really strongly. Pressed really well and again another player blessed with pace and quick feet. Great low centre of balance as he is tiny but very promising.

Lumley. I really like this kid. Yes he spilled a shot that could have had consequences but then 10 minutes later when most keeper would have punched out a rocket of a shot from 30 yards he simply picked it out the air and at that moment I thought, right, this kid is good. Hugely important his distribution was outstanding. My god can he pick out a pass and with both feet. Three 40+ yard passes on a six pence. Distribution Pep would have been proud of. Nothing against Ingram and although this kid needs games he's different mustard. If we god forbid lose Smithies then this kid I feel is his successor.

Furlong... What a centre half he looks like he could be. He's not even 5 foot 10 and he salmon leapt their 6 foot 4 forward for fun all match. Helguson ability in that department and quick across the grass. Calm and tough where he needed to be. I think again a bit more muscle and fitness he could really command a CB position. If we can get Hall fit again that may solve a few issues with Kakay on the right.

The kids are alright, as someone once penned in a song. Let's not get carried away. Birmingham came to us needing the points and played shyte for most of the game but the kids played very well and smartly.

Just one gripe. Get the f*cking ball forward to feet quicker. We do tend to dawdle on the ball too much in our defensive 3rd and that encourages teams to press us into mistakes. We do it too often and we need to get that ball forward a lot quicker.

Shame Jamie couldn't round off his career here with a goal. Very close though.

Overall enjoyable and a deserved and surprisingly comfortable win.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 20:19 - Apr 28 with 5070 viewsDesertBoot

It's fantastic we scored three goals today and two of them came from younger players.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 20:36 - Apr 28 with 4992 viewsTripleR

The youngsters had a lovely day out today.

I thought Chair had a terrific game today. Quick, hard working and intelligent play.
Eze was very good, he has a natural talent and makes it all look so Eze (easy).
Furlong was very tidy at centre back, a position for him in the future maybe.
BOS had a good game, got into some promising positions.
Kakay had a nice tidy game, no drama's.
Lumley was tidy, good distribution and seemed to command the goal area.

All this made possible by Bidwell and Manning playing a good, controlled game and by my MOTM...Scowen, who I thought was fantastic today, really top quality - get him on a long contract, please.
Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 20:42 - Apr 28 with 4960 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Thought Chair really stepped it up today. After Ollys comments about him being a good player, but us only losing when he played. Fantastic work rate and can pick a pass. Reminds me a bit of Don Masson. Also has that devilment of Paul Smyth, when Ndoy walked across him he just shoved his way past. Be thankful, we only have him because of his size. If he was six inches taller, he would be playing in a prem clubs academy.

Really pleased for all the youngsters today. As earlier in the thread, if we could play through for BOS, he would kill the opposition for pace, and he can finish. Eze manages to come through multiple tackles and still have complete control of the ball. Wonderful, crowd pleasing stuff. Ozzie worked hard and didn't look out of place and Joe Lumley showed why Blackpool were so upset to lose him.

Good to see the "older" members of the team talking to, and supporting the youngsters right the way through as well.
Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 20:52 - Apr 28 with 4909 viewsDWQPR

Personally thought Chair was MOTM today, played deep in the first half but then switched with Scowen second half and really drove forward, like Eze looks very comfortable on the ball and also looks for possession. To win like we did with six kids in that side, plus Furlong against a team that was much more expensively put together and also far more experienced. The possession we had was well over 60% which again with a load of kids in the side is very encouraging. I reckon todays side would have beaten the QPR side at the start of the season quite comfortably.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 20:55 - Apr 28 with 4887 viewsterryb

All of this praise (rightly so) & I didn't spot one word on Manning.

I thought that was Ryan's best performance for us! He looked so comfortable at left back & was my man of the match. Eze, of course, looked the best footballer on the pitch & left many a Brum player on their backsides!

This crop of youngsters may be our shortcut to better times. They are exciting & are our best bet to win matches.
Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 20:57 - Apr 28 with 4884 viewsRs_Holy

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 19:26 - Apr 28 by PlanetHonneywood

Enjoy him while we can, because it won’t take long for someone to realise an older Eze in a better team will be a hell of a player. I think he’s ended any thoughts about bringing Inesta to the club, no need!

That is my big thing point!!! Don’t play Eze for the rest of this season. In fact avoid playing him until the end of the next transfer window.
Edit - Good shout Terryb...that flying block by Manning in the second half was incredible.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 21:00]
Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 21:09 - Apr 28 with 4838 viewssmegma

Now the moaners will come to realise the future IS bright, that Chris Ramsay is doing a good job and that Les Ferdinand is NOT evil.

Is that the youngest team we've fielded ??

And I'll say it again. Joe Lumley is a perfect replacement for Smithies.
Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 22:09 - Apr 28 with 4612 viewsbosh67

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 20:36 - Apr 28 by TripleR

The youngsters had a lovely day out today.

I thought Chair had a terrific game today. Quick, hard working and intelligent play.
Eze was very good, he has a natural talent and makes it all look so Eze (easy).
Furlong was very tidy at centre back, a position for him in the future maybe.
BOS had a good game, got into some promising positions.
Kakay had a nice tidy game, no drama's.
Lumley was tidy, good distribution and seemed to command the goal area.

All this made possible by Bidwell and Manning playing a good, controlled game and by my MOTM...Scowen, who I thought was fantastic today, really top quality - get him on a long contract, please.

Scowen looked tired first half and he does have a bit of a habit of dawdling on the ball which led to their goal today. Second half he came out and was as sharp as a pin again. Excellent season and if he can cut out the momentary dawdling and poorly placed half he is the complete break up defensive midfielder.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 23:28 - Apr 28 with 4383 viewsloneranger1

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 20:55 - Apr 28 by terryb

All of this praise (rightly so) & I didn't spot one word on Manning.

I thought that was Ryan's best performance for us! He looked so comfortable at left back & was my man of the match. Eze, of course, looked the best footballer on the pitch & left many a Brum player on their backsides!

This crop of youngsters may be our shortcut to better times. They are exciting & are our best bet to win matches.

It's great isn't it though - that there were so many young players that we almost forgot to mention Manning, who was playing at leftback for, I think, the first time in the starting eleven.

Really encouraging stuff all round - Bidwell apart, that was an inexperienced back four at Championship level when you think about it....

For all the times we criticise Ollie for making changes regularly, maybe an opportunity to sy 'well done' as well - some of the changes were forced (no Lynch/Robinson...) but he got the balance right, I thought.

And Chair, Eze and BOS all took their latest chance to shine with both hands.

I thought Kakay did very well overall, up aginst the only major threat from Bham, maghoma, as mentioned above... if I was being harsh, I felt he should/could have got in closer/earlier on the cross for the Bham goal, but overall he did well and it was pleasing to see him getting forward so much and at least attempting a few crosses in what was my first chance to see him.

Let's hope we can get the youth/experience blend right next season to keep building and, as fans, stay behind these youngsters in those games where they have to learn the hard way...

COYRs
Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 07:13 - Apr 29 with 3861 viewssmegma

3 teenagers in the starting XI, average age of 22 with the oldest being 27. 5 of the starters have come through the academy system while 3 players joined in their late teens. So thank you to Chris Ramsay.

What's not to like ???

I think the subs were just at the right time as well so well done to Ollie.
Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 08:45 - Apr 29 with 3613 viewsLblock

Have to agree with couple of comments here.

Sheet.... I can’t believe I’m saying this but, credit where it’s due, so....

Congratulations to Chris Ramsey. Looks like he could be creating a production line

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 11:34 - Apr 29 with 3315 viewsTacticalR

Sort of 'Just Back' but focusing on Chair and Eze...

I am not sure how much to read into that game as Birmingham looked very weak.

The first half we were too reliant on playing long balls forward which was ridiculous because we were never going to beat a much taller team with head tennis. Even Freeman tried a ridiculous long pass forward from deep that was never going to work (at least it was on the ground). With the players we have we had to go through the midfield.

Chair had to force his way into the game as first half some of the more senior players didn't look that keen to pass to him (maybe because he was right in the middle of the pitch and if he gave it away then we'd be in trouble).

Chair was constantly in space because he kept moving.

That pass from Eze for the first goal was sensational.

Chair knew you can pass to Eze when he is marked, so he did that on several occasions when other players couldn't see that pass.

Which reminds me...quite often during the game there was a lack of vision as players just couldn't see the right pass. In the end things went our way, but I could see us struggling against better teams.

Air hostess clique

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 12:39 - Apr 29 with 3236 viewsoldmisery

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 21:09 - Apr 28 by smegma

Now the moaners will come to realise the future IS bright, that Chris Ramsay is doing a good job and that Les Ferdinand is NOT evil.

Is that the youngest team we've fielded ??

And I'll say it again. Joe Lumley is a perfect replacement for Smithies.

Not sure that was the youngest team we've ever fielded, a large number of the team that won the South East Counties League in 1963/64 and London Youth Cup the following year became first team regulars at the same time but surely the youngest for a long, long time.

The Chief, Jamie Mackie and Matt Smith certainly altered things when they came on (three oldest subs for some time?) but the starting line up, with five players under the age of 22, had an average age of only 22.54 years.
Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 13:20 - Apr 29 with 3154 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 11:34 - Apr 29 by TacticalR

Sort of 'Just Back' but focusing on Chair and Eze...

I am not sure how much to read into that game as Birmingham looked very weak.

The first half we were too reliant on playing long balls forward which was ridiculous because we were never going to beat a much taller team with head tennis. Even Freeman tried a ridiculous long pass forward from deep that was never going to work (at least it was on the ground). With the players we have we had to go through the midfield.

Chair had to force his way into the game as first half some of the more senior players didn't look that keen to pass to him (maybe because he was right in the middle of the pitch and if he gave it away then we'd be in trouble).

Chair was constantly in space because he kept moving.

That pass from Eze for the first goal was sensational.

Chair knew you can pass to Eze when he is marked, so he did that on several occasions when other players couldn't see that pass.

Which reminds me...quite often during the game there was a lack of vision as players just couldn't see the right pass. In the end things went our way, but I could see us struggling against better teams.

Your last paragraph is right; Birmingham were hopeless, and reminded me of us in our last two relegation campaigns.

However, that was a very young and experimental side we put out, with no CBs for an hour. I thought they grew into the game as it went on and looked neat and tidy. Now it’s a case of building on that, and integrating those not playing, while being aware that come August, Lord knows who’ll compromise our starting XI, but enjoy it while we can...I suspect many of our prodigies will sadly be plying their trades elsewhere in due course.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 16:08 - Apr 29 with 2955 viewspaulparker

very impressed with the lads yesterday and we have players around that are getting the best out of sylla , special shout to Furlong who played a blinder at cb a postion he never plays
he read the game a treat , Lumley grew into the game and was very confident the last 20 minutes , i liked chair he reminded me of inesta and Eze just has that bit of class in his locker , hopefully exciting times a head for next season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 16:42 - Apr 29 with 2903 viewsNorthernr

Probably a good idea to let Luongo have some time off and give Chair a go after all then?
Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 17:10 - Apr 29 with 2865 viewsDWQPR

Eze Chair Boss.... let’s talk about the young un’s on 16:08 - Apr 29 by paulparker

very impressed with the lads yesterday and we have players around that are getting the best out of sylla , special shout to Furlong who played a blinder at cb a postion he never plays
he read the game a treat , Lumley grew into the game and was very confident the last 20 minutes , i liked chair he reminded me of inesta and Eze just has that bit of class in his locker , hopefully exciting times a head for next season

Thought Bidwell also played well at CB, a couple of blocks on their forwards were well done, just standing his ground and allowing them to run into him when they were looking to attack a cross. In fact I really liked that back four yesterday.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024