Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoilett 01:11 - May 10 with 3277 viewstimcocking

It gives me absolutely no pleasure to come out with yet another weary i told you so, but surprise surprise, Hoilett's had a good year. In the team of the season i believe.

He's a textbook example of a player who was incompetently managed for the duration of his stay with us. In and out of the side irrespective of form, too much emphasis on put on defending, too many position changes and not given enough love by the fans either (plus bad luck with injuries).

It seemed blindingly obvious that if he'd been played every single match in his best position, he'd have flourished. And then the fans might have given him better support.

Ps Not wishing to dredge up another bloody Warnock thread, but congratulations Neil, absolutely superb job with a pretty mediocre squad. Talk about getting the best out of teams.

Pps And as a Cardiff born man, get the fcuk in there!

Ppps Speaking of i told you sos, i presume you all heard Hill and Derry saying Warnock 100% wanted the job second time around? Which was always bleeding obvious. One day people might start to learn.

Literally sensational podcast. Didn't expect anything like that. Love those guys.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 2:38]
Hoilett on 06:02 - May 10 with 3144 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I do think there is something to this playing players in their best positions malarkey and consistently so at that. Not sure we've really done it since, ohh let me see..... Neil Warnock!!

Fcuk me Cocking, you're a genius!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hoilett on 06:09 - May 10 with 3128 viewsfunkyworm

Toilett was crap. End of story.
Hoilett on 06:33 - May 10 with 3095 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hoilett on 06:09 - May 10 by funkyworm

Toilett was crap. End of story.

Seemed to be a good prospect at Blackburn and seemingly, done well for Cardiff this season.

It's the bit in the middle that is most baffling! Does make you wonder: did we make him crap and/or, why couldn't we get the same out of him as some northern provincial outfit and those tossers from over yonder?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hoilett on 06:52 - May 10 with 3055 viewsWatford_Ranger

Hoilett on 06:33 - May 10 by PlanetHonneywood

Seemed to be a good prospect at Blackburn and seemingly, done well for Cardiff this season.

It's the bit in the middle that is most baffling! Does make you wonder: did we make him crap and/or, why couldn't we get the same out of him as some northern provincial outfit and those tossers from over yonder?

Did Hughes manage him at Blackburn? Makes it even odder.

- bad management
- loadsamoney in London at a young age
- ego, since quashed to a suitable size
- simply not a PL player?
- couldn’t be arsed in the Championship for us but got a kick up the arse when no Prem sides or bigger clubs than Cardiff were interested?
Hoilett on 06:59 - May 10 with 3033 viewsfunkyworm

Club had one winning campaign since TF became chairman. Continuously hired crap managers and it trickles down from there.
Hoilett on 07:39 - May 10 with 2924 viewsnix

Hoilett on 06:52 - May 10 by Watford_Ranger

Did Hughes manage him at Blackburn? Makes it even odder.

- bad management
- loadsamoney in London at a young age
- ego, since quashed to a suitable size
- simply not a PL player?
- couldn’t be arsed in the Championship for us but got a kick up the arse when no Prem sides or bigger clubs than Cardiff were interested?

This.

I think his brother probably convinced him he’d be playing for a Premiership side on huge bucks and when this didn’t materialise, he had to start working harder.

Also think Warnock, while not the Messiah, can deffo get something out of certain disaffected players that others can’t motivate.

Also wonder whether his contract is better balanced, with more bonuses for playing, scoring and winning rather than a big wedge for sitting on his bum on the bench.
Hoilett on 07:44 - May 10 with 2906 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"Ppps Speaking of i told you sos, i presume you all heard Hill and Derry saying Warnock 100% wanted the job second time around? Which was always bleeding obvious. One day people might start to learn. "

We've covered this a million times. When Les Ferdinand explains that Warnock changed his mind only after Rangers had agreed terms with JFH then I know who I believe. Warnock did brilliantly for us the first time 'round but Ferdinand's word is excellent compared to his.

Fernandes has made plenty bad decisions, this one was taken out of his hands by the illness of Mrs. Warnock, by Warnock's understandable indecision in the face of it and by his less-understandable angling for Ferdinand's job. When he changed his mind and threw his hat in the ring for the job that was on offer it was sadly too late.

As for Hoillett, yes we definitely could have got more from him. And the crowd could've been more supportive too, I think. But it also would have helped if he occasionally tried just a little bit.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 7:47]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hoilett on 08:31 - May 10 with 2805 viewsqpr1976

Definitely some very valid & fair points mentioned above.

Right, now why was SWP so sh!t for us ?
Then Bosingwa ?? Park ???
Then Mutch, oh yeah, he always was, and still is....!
Login to get fewer ads

Hoilett on 08:34 - May 10 with 2785 viewsNorthernr

Cardiff City message boards are available.
Hoilett on 08:36 - May 10 with 2778 viewsToast_R

For the money he was getting, he was poor overall. Yes he should have been better and perhaps managed better but he clocked off for much of his time with QPR which essentially is down to him personally and decided not to move when he was out of favor due to his money demands. He was never going to sign a new contract with QPR when the wage on offer was inevitably vastly reduced.
Hoilett on 08:36 - May 10 with 2774 viewssmegma

The year we won the play off, he started the season on fire. Then about November he disappeared for the rest of the season. I don't know how you can blame Harry for that. The only person to blame is Hoillett himself. The fact he has had a good season for Cardiff doesn't mean we made a mistake. HE wanted to leave QPR. One good season in the last 3 years tells me he is inconsistent.

But let's blame Harry/ Evil Les / Lee Hoos.
Hoilett on 09:09 - May 10 with 2679 viewsRangersw12

Hoilett was terrible for us because he came to the club when the general ethos was get paid loads of money for little work

Nowadays it would be different you can moan about formations, ability etc but every game this season the players have worked their socks off which is another pat on the back for LF who has instilled you need to work hard at QPR now
Hoilett on 15:15 - May 10 with 2298 viewsrobith

One swallow doth not a summer make.

He was pretty badly managed when he was here. But he was also an absolute wasteman
Hoilett on 15:39 - May 10 with 2186 viewsWestbourneR

I might have guessed you're from Cardiff. It all makes sense now.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Hoilett on 15:43 - May 10 with 2168 viewsPeterHucker

I've also listened to the Derry / Hill podcast today and noticed how when they were talking about the Wembley playoff they mentioned that Zamora's goal came after Hoilett tried to win a tackle for the only time in his QPR career.
Never mind blaming people for playing him out of position, Hoilett was shite for us because he wasn't fvcking trying.
Hoilett on 15:58 - May 10 with 2120 viewsMarc

Did well for us in the championship as well, so I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. Doing well at this level isn't exactly anything to shout home about after the promise he showed as a youngster.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024