Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column 16:10 - May 10 with 12237 viewsNorthernr

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column 10th May 2018 16:08
Ian Holloway has left QPR for the third and final time this afternoon - here we try and make sense of a complex situation and risky manoeuvre from a club that still craves change. 19

Holloway’s best and worst — Column 10th May 2018 16:09
As Ian Holloway departs QPR for the third, and surely final, time, LFW looks back at the highs and lows of his second spell as manager at Loftus Road. 3

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 16:11 - May 10 with 7577 viewsA40Bosh

That was quick work Clive!
Had you hears rumours?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 16:12 - May 10 with 7549 viewsNorthernr

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 16:11 - May 10 by A40Bosh

That was quick work Clive!
Had you hears rumours?

If that wasn't obvious in my Leeds preview I need to be less subtle. Decided weeks ago.
QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 16:14 - May 10 with 7514 viewsenfieldargh

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 16:12 - May 10 by Northernr

If that wasn't obvious in my Leeds preview I need to be less subtle. Decided weeks ago.

But you knew, Are on on commission per post?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 16:16 - May 10 with 7488 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Wow Northern, there are no flies on you! How long have you had your finger on the trigger?
QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 16:20 - May 10 with 7413 viewssuttonranger

What his latest stats & percentages...anyone ?
QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 16:27 - May 10 with 7332 viewsLblock

QPR’s new shape......

Olliegone

This one a big decision by the board and very poorly handled but no less than I’d expect from Bungle Ltd. How this pans out could effect us for the next 5 to 8 years

Au Revoir to Mr Holloway and thanks (again) for the good times. It was such a shame you struggled on the road, reacted against your own fans and were a bit erratic at times. For me you’ll always be a QPR legend for rebuilding the club once and then steadying the ship after the ODH spell of Managership where I’m convinced we were going down.
Some great development of players under the Ollie Sequel and we are thankful for Scowen, Freeman and Matt Smith

Now all eyes on future......

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 17:03 - May 10 with 6998 viewsNorthernr

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 16:16 - May 10 by Benny_the_Ball

Wow Northern, there are no flies on you! How long have you had your finger on the trigger?

Suspected since Preston, known since last Monday, pieces written over the weekend and finalised yesterday.
QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 17:10 - May 10 with 6944 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

My high points. Having Marc Bircham as 1st team coach. Also Ipswich away game this season. 0-0 but good performance and atmosphere and Ollie pogoing and punching the air on the pitch afterwards.

Lows there are a few but I can’t really be botherered right now.

EDIT
Another high. Getting to sing Holloway’s blue army again.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 17:18]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 17:16 - May 10 with 6891 viewskropotkin41

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 17:03 - May 10 by Northernr

Suspected since Preston, known since last Monday, pieces written over the weekend and finalised yesterday.

Was there a gentleman's agreement not to release the story then? May we know how you knew? Just out of interest. Did Ollie really not know until today?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 17:18 - May 10 with 6870 viewsNorthernr

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 17:16 - May 10 by kropotkin41

Was there a gentleman's agreement not to release the story then? May we know how you knew? Just out of interest. Did Ollie really not know until today?

All in here on Friday... Not sure when Holloway was told but it wasn't pre-Leeds.

This must be the place — Preview 4th May 2018 13:35
The QPR rumour mill is turning at quite a pace, and manager Ian Holloway would be forgiven for feeling a sense of déjà vu as heads to Elland Road for Sunday’s season finale. 27

And now here we are again, setting sail for the capital of mental foreign ownership and extortionate ticket prices with our own board, by their own public admission, considering the position of Ollie second time around. A week ago, looking tired at the end of a long season and bereaved by the loss of his mother and mentor in a horrible fortnight, Holloway gave the impression he may be considering taking a step back of his own accord. One short week later and the jungle drums suggest he’s actually being ushered in that direction by his bosses.

The rapidly rotating team selections, often volatile post-match comments, and an away record which has been appalling throughout Holloway’s second spell and shows no sign of improvement, have caused misgivings among QPR’s owners who are looking for a more consistent approach and better development of the club’s playing assets. The name of Steve McClaren, highly regarded behind the scenes at Loftus Road for the job he did here as coach when That Tosser Redknapp was phoning it in, has already done the message board rounds despite his failures elsewhere.

This post has been edited by an administrator
QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 17:21 - May 10 with 6818 viewsjohncharles

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 17:16 - May 10 by kropotkin41

There must be more to it. Only when there's serious fallout do people get sacked. What happened to the "by mutual consent " bit ?
Don't be coy Clive - tell us.

Strong and stable my arse.

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 17:25 - May 10 with 6794 viewsNorthernr

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 17:21 - May 10 by johncharles

There must be more to it. Only when there's serious fallout do people get sacked. What happened to the "by mutual consent " bit ?
Don't be coy Clive - tell us.

They had the same concerns everybody did and it's a sacking, he wanted to stay.

- the away results
- the volatility and outbursts
- the random team selections

They didn't want to make another change midseason so waited until the end.

A manager who, rightly or wrongly, they like is available.
QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 18:06 - May 10 with 6502 viewsjohncharles

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 17:25 - May 10 by Northernr

They had the same concerns everybody did and it's a sacking, he wanted to stay.

- the away results
- the volatility and outbursts
- the random team selections

They didn't want to make another change midseason so waited until the end.

A manager who, rightly or wrongly, they like is available.

I see Martin Allen has left Barnet ?!?!@??

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 18:11 - May 10 with 6489 viewsA40Bosh

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 18:06 - May 10 by johncharles

I see Martin Allen has left Barnet ?!?!@??

But according to Clive he is "Going Chesterfield"(sic)

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 18:34 - May 10 with 6367 viewsterryb

Thanks for the article Clive.

I think a lot of us instintively feel this is very unfair to IH, but at the same time had concerns with his "style". I also think his chances of surviving all of next season were close to zero.

This is what I posted in reply to a post on QPR Report before the club issued their farewell statement & I think is where I'm still at. Slightly more than half of me wanting Ollie to continue & the rest of me questioning if that would be best for the club!

"Was I pleased when we appointed Ollie? NO, not by a long way.

Has Ollie exceeded my expectations on his return? YES, & by a fair bit.

Would it be unfair to dismiss Ollie now? Certainly. He has fully met his remit.

Do I think he would be the right manager for us to progress? Hmm, I'm far from convinced. My heart says that he has earned the right to be given the chance to achieve this. My head queries if he has the ability to manage a steady improvement as his reign is frequently a roller coaster. His loss percentage since his return is also very worrying, which is just a tad under 50%. Of 76 league games played we have lost 37, which appears to me to be well above expectation.

Am I concerned if Ollie goes? Definitely. The togetherness of the squad that we had in the season just finished might be at risk with a change of management. However, this may also be at risk whenever Ollie publicly slates/demeans individual players (and he has a habit of doing this).

Would I be concerned if our management were not dyed in the wool Rangers men? Not at all! This is of minimal value & an irrelevance compared to selecting the right person. There is also only Ollie IMO that could fit this bill. I would rule Ainsworth out of this equation due to reports on how "agricultural" his playing style has been at Wycombe.

Would I be happy with McLaren in charge? Hmm! I certainly would prefer him to any of the usual crop of suspects whose names are floated. Why you may ask & I couldn't give a reason apart from it would feel right to me! However, I would hope that if we are changing, due consideration was given to some managers that are currently employed in lower divisions. Without looking up names, I would offer the incumbents of Wigan, Shrewsbury, Exeter & Lincoln as possibilities. Others may be equally qualified!

Do I think that now would be the right time for a change? Another hmm! IF I felt convinced that Ollie would be retained for the whole of next season, then I would say that he should be allowed to see out his contract. However, with the current speculation I'm not sure that is a possibility (let alone a probability).

Would I feel upset for Ollie? Upset - NO. Sorry for him - YES. It would not compare to how I felt when Gregory dismissed/replaced Stock & Jago. A long time ago, but it shows that the major decisions never alter!"
QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 19:12 - May 10 with 6191 views2Thomas2Bowles

Stock & Jago were treated shockingly bad.

Stock before my time but I was very upset at the way Jago was treated Sexton was a great manager and we had great players

That is not the case now, it's not a move up, it's despicable and nasty, they want loyalty but show none.

I've always given TF the benefit when he has been stitched up by MH and HR but not this time.

He is a kunt and a con artist.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 19:16 - May 10 with 6172 viewsjohncharles

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 18:11 - May 10 by A40Bosh

But according to Clive he is "Going Chesterfield"(sic)

Sense of humour bypass ?

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 19:29 - May 10 with 6127 viewsA40Bosh

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 19:16 - May 10 by johncharles

Sense of humour bypass ?

no mate I got that - it was purely just a chance to have a subtly dig at our illustrious columnist for his non use of the 'preposition' before a place name which is becoming the norm amongst my teenage daughters when planning where to go at the weekend

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 20:19 - May 10 with 5905 viewsBostonR

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 19:12 - May 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Stock & Jago were treated shockingly bad.

Stock before my time but I was very upset at the way Jago was treated Sexton was a great manager and we had great players

That is not the case now, it's not a move up, it's despicable and nasty, they want loyalty but show none.

I've always given TF the benefit when he has been stitched up by MH and HR but not this time.

He is a kunt and a con artist.

Holloway was the maker of his own downfall. Woeful football, erratic team selections, poor game management and silly outbursts. A number of winless runs and awful form away from home - it was inevitable and the Board have done the right thing.
QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 20:43 - May 10 with 5798 viewsmylot50years

Oh yea
QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 21:00 - May 10 with 5715 viewsBenny_the_Ball

In hindsight I'm grateful that you kept a lid on it. I was at Football Aid on Tuesday and probably would have said the wrong thing had I known.
QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 21:59 - May 10 with 5498 viewsNorthernr

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 20:43 - May 10 by mylot50years

Oh yea

Yea. Or do you think I wrote all that in 4 minutes this afternoon?
QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 22:07 - May 10 with 5473 viewslondonscottish

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 20:43 - May 10 by mylot50years

Oh yea

U Wot M8?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 22:21 - May 10 with 5428 viewsbaz_qpr

Suspect minds were made up long before Preston , hence Ramsey going in as coach. Also suspect that TF is a human shield for Les and Ramsey, emergence of youth and the buying strategy coming to some form of fruition since christmas will have strengthened their influence
QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 22:31 - May 10 with 5402 viewsPunteR

QPR twist again, Holloway departs - Column on 22:21 - May 10 by baz_qpr

Suspect minds were made up long before Preston , hence Ramsey going in as coach. Also suspect that TF is a human shield for Les and Ramsey, emergence of youth and the buying strategy coming to some form of fruition since christmas will have strengthened their influence

Didnt a coach leave(cant remember name) for another club unexpectedly so Ramsey stepped in to cover?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024