Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR 18:03 - May 13 with 2017 viewskingo

Just watched a montage of Gordon Banks saves, not just the best save against Pele. What an outstanding keeper he was, he didn’t just tip them round the post he actually caught most shots at him. We had some great keepers back then, including our own Springets, Parkes and Hucker.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Non QPR on 00:05 - May 14 with 1838 viewsBoston

When I was a nipper he was a legend. Remember going to games and it would be a talking point if he was playing. Hard to believe he struggled financially after football.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Non QPR on 11:09 - May 14 with 1753 viewsQPRSteve

Had four put past him in a certain game in 1966
Non QPR on 11:58 - May 14 with 1728 viewskingo

Non QPR on 11:09 - May 14 by QPRSteve

Had four put past him in a certain game in 1966

Did he ? England beat Scotland 4-3 in '66 but lost 3-2 in '67. Obviously only let in 2 in the World Cup Final

Non QPR on 12:04 - May 14 with 1720 viewsBucksRanger

Think he means this Kingo.

http://www.indyrs.co.uk/2016/10/50-years-ago-today-qpr-4-leicester-city-2/
Non QPR on 12:06 - May 14 with 1716 viewsPlanetHonneywood

In 2002 a QPR mate of mine and I, were in Guadalajara at a game. Afterwards, we blagged back in to an empty stadium and got chatting to the security guards, who promptly invited us to go on to the pitch. Whereupon I said to mate 'Phoenix from the Flames'?

He, in a QPR top, went in goal. A kindly but confused security guy goes out wide right to play the role of Jarzinho. Yours truly played the rolls of both Pele and commentator.

Cue David Colman....

'Jarzinho' not quite sure of what the f..k he was supposed to be doing kicking an imaginary ball on to my noggins, duly broke down the right and sent it backstick. Which I/Pele dispatched with aplomb only for QPR in goal to yet again, pull off a wonder save and the words 'Banks, what a save' rang out around the Jalisco.

Whereupon we were told, get out!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Non QPR on 12:42 - May 14 with 1668 viewsTonto

I think Peter Hucker may be a little upset being put into that era - unless you are just saying anything more than 10 years ago is lumped together... but if you arewhy leave out Woods, Seaman and Stejkal?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Non QPR on 12:52 - May 14 with 1655 viewskingo

Non QPR on 12:04 - May 14 by BucksRanger

Think he means this Kingo.

http://www.indyrs.co.uk/2016/10/50-years-ago-today-qpr-4-leicester-city-2/

Ah, didn't consider that one and makes sense now. Mainly as I was a glory hunter who started going in 67.

Non QPR on 12:55 - May 14 with 1650 viewskingo

Non QPR on 12:42 - May 14 by Tonto

I think Peter Hucker may be a little upset being put into that era - unless you are just saying anything more than 10 years ago is lumped together... but if you arewhy leave out Woods, Seaman and Stejkal?

Yes I was just saying that we had some great keepers back in the day. I sort of consider Seaman and Stejkal more modern day for some reason and Woods was not one of my favourites when he was at QPR. He seemed to improve after he left us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024