Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England 08:15 - May 15 with 9382 viewsElHoop

Bit late to start talking about the Ireland v Pakistan test, the first ever test for the Irish, but better late than never I guess.

Can Ireland set a target of somewhere near 200? If they could then this would be interesting as the pitch is a bit lively now. It's a small chance and in all likelihood Pakistan will close this down fairly quickly. To get things into perspective the last (and only) team to win their first ever test was Australia in THE first ever test.
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 13:05 - May 16 with 3317 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 12:38 - May 16 by ElHoop

I've always felt very British Islesish though - I'm a complete mongrel in most possible respects. You can call it what you like, but a lot of people here are made up of lots of bits of it. Probably not true of the Irish though!

I agree in many ways I'm English and Irish, and support both in cricket.

It's just the term 'British isles' is out of date and refers back to the Empire days. A huge amount of the Isles in question are Irish and the Irish Government have rightly objected to its continued use.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 13:43 - May 16 with 3291 viewsisawqpratwcity

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 13:05 - May 16 by BrianMcCarthy

It's just the term 'British isles' is out of date and refers back to the Empire days. A huge amount of the Isles in question are Irish and the Irish Government have rightly objected to its continued use.

What do you call them?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 13:45 - May 16 with 3288 viewsElHoop

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 13:05 - May 16 by BrianMcCarthy

I couldn't really care what they call it, as it's not something that gets referred to very often anyway. I guess that it could follow the Lions and be the British and Irish Isles. Would that offend the Scots and Welsh? It's not as if the English would get a mention either.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 13:46]
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 14:19 - May 16 with 3271 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 13:45 - May 16 by ElHoop

I couldn't really care what they call it, as it's not something that gets referred to very often anyway. I guess that it could follow the Lions and be the British and Irish Isles. Would that offend the Scots and Welsh? It's not as if the English would get a mention either.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 13:46]

No, but Scotland and Wales and England are part of Britain whereas many of the Isles referred to in the outdated term British Isles aren't British- they're Irish, and Ireland clearly isn't part of Britain. A quarter of the main Irish island is part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, but by definition none of them are part of Britain.

I can't say that it gets my blood flowing either, but the Irish Government are right, if our Government and people agreed to drop our claim for a United Ireland in the Good Friday Agreement and also agreed to refer to the UK as such the very least we should get back in return is acknowledgement that our Islands are Irish, and not British.

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 14:21 - May 16 with 3270 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 13:43 - May 16 by isawqpratwcity

What do you call them?

I don't really use the term to be honest or feel the need for it.

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 09:46 - May 17 with 3201 viewshopphoops

I keep an eye out for how Glamorgan are doing; their last game with Leics was quite something. Glamorgan were 130ish for 8 needing 247 to win and fell 3 runs short after their no.9 scored 90 in 45 balls including 8 sixes! He was caught on the boundary on what would otherwise have been the winning shot.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43193

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 12:04 - May 24 with 3088 viewsElHoop

Stoneageman and Root gone already. Could be a long summer!
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 12:23 - May 24 with 3066 viewsMrSheen

Good toss to lose for Pakistan if it doesn't brighten up. 52/3.
Login to get fewer ads

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 12:28 - May 24 with 3050 viewsRangersw12

Awful batting so far , pitch looks decent just inept ability to bat properly in a first session

Need a big partnership from Cook and Bairstow now to stay in it
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 16:01 - May 24 with 2987 viewsElHoop

Stokes and Buttler together - this will be interesting if it lasts!
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 16:16 - May 24 with 2975 viewsaston_hoop

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 16:01 - May 24 by ElHoop

Stokes and Buttler together - this will be interesting if it lasts!

So much for that!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 16:43 - May 24 with 2955 viewshubble

Oh dear. Destroyed by excellent Pakistani bowling and fielding. This feels like an England team in mid-transition. AKA all over the place.
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 17:01 - May 24 with 2950 viewsFearless

Got tickets for Sunday - will I see any cricket?
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 17:24 - May 24 with 2932 viewsmakaveli1882

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 17:01 - May 24 by Fearless

rain may save you
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 17:32 - May 24 with 2923 viewsFearless

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 17:24 - May 24 by makaveli1882

rain may save you

Isn’t that an oxymoron, Dave?
But I know what you mean
[Post edited 24 May 2018 17:35]
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 17:35 - May 24 with 2919 viewsElHoop

Yes you will - Pakistan will probably still be batting!

I'm going tomorrow - beer consumption could be above average at this rate.
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 19:10 - May 24 with 2889 viewsaston_hoop

I'm going to the Saturday and Sunday at Headingley in just over a week. I was looking forward to it a lot more before the start of play today! All day drinking will make up for it

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 14:31 - May 27 with 2756 viewsted_hendrix

Yes mate but not much

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 10:18 - Jun 1 with 2576 viewsElHoop

It looks as if Sam Curran is going to make his test debut today. I've been looking forward to this for a while now so hopefully he'll make an impact with the ball and maybe even the bat.

I can't see us winning this test but I'm hoping to be surprised. Some of our guys need to stand up and deliver here, as quite a few of gone missing of late.
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 14:21 - Jun 1 with 2523 viewsMrSheen

Do you think they could squeeze in a 3rd test if England win? Pakistan 96/7.
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 14:39 - Jun 1 with 2506 viewsFearless

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 14:31 - May 27 by ted_hendrix

Yes mate but not much

Terrible resistance first thing to lose 4 wickets for 7 runs (?)
90 minutes cricket in total - but they did refund 50% of the cost
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 15:07 - Jun 1 with 2485 viewsElHoop

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 14:21 - Jun 1 by MrSheen

Do you think they could squeeze in a 3rd test if England win? Pakistan 96/7.

I think that they think that Ireland was the third test!

Up until now it's looked the closest test of the series.
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 15:09 - Jun 1 with 2484 viewsMrSheen

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 15:07 - Jun 1 by ElHoop

I think that they think that Ireland was the third test!

Up until now it's looked the closest test of the series.

Jinxing this successfully. 156/8.
Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 15:21 - Jun 1 with 2474 viewsElHoop

Pakistan cricket tour of Ireland and England on 15:09 - Jun 1 by MrSheen

Jinxing this successfully. 156/8.

Shadab Yerface then!

Shadab is only 19 and both he and Bess look very promising. They both seem to be able to score some tough runs, although Shadab looks the better bowler at present.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024