Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Royal wedding. 09:52 - May 15 with 19735 viewsconnell10

Anyone interested?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Royal wedding. on 17:51 - May 19 with 2728 viewsBoston

Have the Markle’s pulled their trailer into the forecourt of Buckingham Palace yet?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Royal wedding. on 18:07 - May 19 with 2696 viewsBlameMcLintock

Royal wedding. on 17:41 - May 19 by izlingtonhoop

Your username?

For what?

That has to do with why I ended up supporting this fine club as an 8-year old. My older brother was an Arsenal-fan and how things were working in the 70's, I automatic followed. But the need to find an own club to support was strong. I fell for the hooped shirts and the fact that their goalkeeper was Englands third choice. When Frank McLintock went from Arsenal to QPR that transfer sealed the deal. 45 years of ups and downs later the deal is still on.
Royal wedding. (n/t) on 18:11 - May 19 with 2686 viewsjohncharles

Royal wedding. on 16:49 - May 19 by Snipper

<a href=" https://imgflip.com/i/2alpiv"> src=" https://i.imgflip.com/2alpiv.jpg" title="made at imgflip.com"/></a>Y

[Post edited 19 May 2018 18:14]

Strong and stable my arse.

Royal wedding. on 18:20 - May 19 with 2661 viewsizlingtonhoop

Royal wedding. on 18:07 - May 19 by BlameMcLintock

That has to do with why I ended up supporting this fine club as an 8-year old. My older brother was an Arsenal-fan and how things were working in the 70's, I automatic followed. But the need to find an own club to support was strong. I fell for the hooped shirts and the fact that their goalkeeper was Englands third choice. When Frank McLintock went from Arsenal to QPR that transfer sealed the deal. 45 years of ups and downs later the deal is still on.

Makes sense.

Thanks.
Royal wedding. on 19:08 - May 19 with 2616 viewsBluce_Ree

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Royal wedding. on 20:23 - May 19 with 2547 viewsQPR_John

Five pages for people to show their left wing credentials. If you don't like it then don't watch why the need for a thread to show who hates the monarchy most. I'm a monacist always have been and always will be but I had no interest in the wedding until my young granddaughter said she wanted a family party. She loved it and I loved watching her enjoy the spectacle. Do you really think privilege would go if we were a republic.
Royal wedding. on 21:03 - May 19 with 2497 viewsBoston

Royal wedding. on 12:29 - May 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The gospel preacher has taken over the whole show

Can someone give me an amen?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Royal wedding. on 21:43 - May 19 with 2445 viewsGloryHunter

Royal wedding. on 15:03 - May 19 by ted_hendrix

Just come in from working in the garden since about 09.30 this morning, no world press camera's filming me working away in the sunshine, I can't imagine for one minute the whole country/world gives two flying fcks about me and Mrs Ted and that's just fine by me but honestly just honestly you gotta see my courgettes they are the best they've ever been, radishes too anyway keep the fck outta my shed you Paparazzi bastards and don't let me catch you taking snaps of my kale plants.

Red onions

You got courgettes already? Where's your garden - Spain?
Login to get fewer ads

Royal wedding. on 21:43 - May 19 with 2449 viewsSharpy36

Royal wedding. on 20:23 - May 19 by QPR_John

Five pages for people to show their left wing credentials. If you don't like it then don't watch why the need for a thread to show who hates the monarchy most. I'm a monacist always have been and always will be but I had no interest in the wedding until my young granddaughter said she wanted a family party. She loved it and I loved watching her enjoy the spectacle. Do you really think privilege would go if we were a republic.

Amazing ain`t it.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Royal wedding. on 21:48 - May 19 with 2432 viewseasthertsr

No of course it wouldn't go, but does anybody really think it right that the head of state of a democracy is put in place because they are the eldest child of the last person to do the job?
Royal wedding. on 21:50 - May 19 with 2425 views2Thomas2Bowles

Something we can agree on

Yeah they are rich and privileged but they bring some joy to some.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Royal wedding. on 22:31 - May 19 with 2374 viewsBlackCrowe

It's old, it's tradition and glues much of the country and therefore it's fine by me. They seem like nice people If it's not your thing, that's ok. Each to their own

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Royal wedding. on 22:56 - May 19 with 2352 viewsQPR_John

Royal wedding. on 21:48 - May 19 by easthertsr

No of course it wouldn't go, but does anybody really think it right that the head of state of a democracy is put in place because they are the eldest child of the last person to do the job?

Of tangent for this thread but who would you have as head of state. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas no PM would give up their power to an elected HOS. So we would get a HOS because some politician appointed them
Royal wedding. on 23:07 - May 19 with 2331 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Royal wedding. on 22:56 - May 19 by QPR_John

Of tangent for this thread but who would you have as head of state. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas no PM would give up their power to an elected HOS. So we would get a HOS because some politician appointed them

I don't think we choose who is next HOS. It's Charles or William.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Royal wedding. on 23:41 - May 19 with 2297 viewsQPR_John

Royal wedding. on 23:07 - May 19 by CliveWilsonSaid

I don't think we choose who is next HOS. It's Charles or William.

Who said we do. Either I have missed something or you have
Royal wedding. on 23:46 - May 19 with 2290 viewsisawqpratwcity

Royal wedding. on 16:22 - May 19 by Dorse

I'm waiting for Clive's write-up on the wedding performance. The selection debate on the invites is always divisive and the issue of whether to play the page boys or stick with the traditional matron-of-honour / bridesmaid combo is a hot topic. The bishop is going to need to play a blinder on a big occasion like this.

It's alright. They'll be playing 'Hide the Bishop' pretty soon.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Royal wedding. on 01:13 - May 20 with 2222 viewsdistortR

president blair
president may

etc etc
Royal wedding. on 01:26 - May 20 with 2211 viewstimcocking

Not at all.

Best of luck to them though. The rest of the world has nothing to compare to our Royals and it's a big part of why we remain superior to all foreigners and still the world's coolest country.
Royal wedding. on 07:03 - May 20 with 2126 viewseasthertsr

You could actually hold a vote and elect a president, many countries do that. With a written constitution you could limit their role in political life.
Royal wedding. on 07:46 - May 20 with 2086 viewsnix

Royal wedding. on 07:03 - May 20 by easthertsr

You could actually hold a vote and elect a president, many countries do that. With a written constitution you could limit their role in political life.

Yes you could. But it would be some awful politician like Michael Gove or <shivers> Nigel Farage. Who would be interested or impressed throughout the world at meeting either of them?

And then we’d have the cost of an election every four years. They would also all be establishment figures, who’ve enjoyed privilege throughout their lives as is most of our cabinet and (snort) man of the people, Donald Trump. It’s just easier to get publicity and to network if you come from existing privilege. They won’t have been trained the way our Royal family have to put duty and service first, so they won’t have the same ability to appear fascinated by the umpteenth display of traditional dancing or a factory in Scunthorpe.

Meanwhile as they haven’t already got their own castles they’d be the constant refurbishment of official residences as happens every time there is a new President acrosss the world. Which would cost a fortune. They’d be bound to accept inappropriate gifts, which would be an embarrassment.

We’d strip out a massive part of our national identity and tons of people get huge pleasure from watching and meeting the royal family.

A recent campaign on mental health by the young Royals was extremely well put together and reached a much more diverse range of people than any politician would because it wasn’t seen as lecturing in the same way.

I know it’s not a cool view, but I’m not remotely cool so that’s fine, but I enjoyed the wedding, loved the outfits, felt proud at seeing our country do something well that was watched by the world and felt happy seeing two people who obviously adore each other get married.
Royal wedding. on 08:24 - May 20 with 2060 viewseasthertsr

Royal wedding. on 07:46 - May 20 by nix

Yes you could. But it would be some awful politician like Michael Gove or <shivers> Nigel Farage. Who would be interested or impressed throughout the world at meeting either of them?

And then we’d have the cost of an election every four years. They would also all be establishment figures, who’ve enjoyed privilege throughout their lives as is most of our cabinet and (snort) man of the people, Donald Trump. It’s just easier to get publicity and to network if you come from existing privilege. They won’t have been trained the way our Royal family have to put duty and service first, so they won’t have the same ability to appear fascinated by the umpteenth display of traditional dancing or a factory in Scunthorpe.

Meanwhile as they haven’t already got their own castles they’d be the constant refurbishment of official residences as happens every time there is a new President acrosss the world. Which would cost a fortune. They’d be bound to accept inappropriate gifts, which would be an embarrassment.

We’d strip out a massive part of our national identity and tons of people get huge pleasure from watching and meeting the royal family.

A recent campaign on mental health by the young Royals was extremely well put together and reached a much more diverse range of people than any politician would because it wasn’t seen as lecturing in the same way.

I know it’s not a cool view, but I’m not remotely cool so that’s fine, but I enjoyed the wedding, loved the outfits, felt proud at seeing our country do something well that was watched by the world and felt happy seeing two people who obviously adore each other get married.

You could hold a presidential election at the same time as a general election to keep the cost down. Candidates would have to be supported by signatories to stop their being a too larger number. I'm always amazed by the you'll end up with President Blair or President Farage argument, firstly if these people are so universally disliked how would they win? And secondly if by some miracle they did win you could vote them out next time. I realise that mine is a minority view but the essential point will always be that in a democracy leaders should be elected by the people.
Royal wedding. on 08:59 - May 20 with 2006 viewsnix

Royal wedding. on 08:24 - May 20 by easthertsr

You could hold a presidential election at the same time as a general election to keep the cost down. Candidates would have to be supported by signatories to stop their being a too larger number. I'm always amazed by the you'll end up with President Blair or President Farage argument, firstly if these people are so universally disliked how would they win? And secondly if by some miracle they did win you could vote them out next time. I realise that mine is a minority view but the essential point will always be that in a democracy leaders should be elected by the people.

I’m amazed that you’re amazed, given the precedents of people that have been voted in by our beloved electorate in the past: politicians like Gove, Edward Heath, Nigel Farage, Cyril Smith... and ‘leaders’ such as Ian Duncan Smith, Gordon Brown etc. I just don’t trust the people to make good choices <cough, Brexit>. Obviously, in the political sphere I prefer democracy to dictatorship but our Royal Family are just figureheads with no political power, so the democratic argument doesn’t really hold water.

At least I know who are going to be the next monarch and I’d much rather stick with them than twist with any politician.
Royal wedding. on 09:16 - May 20 with 1982 viewsisawqpratwcity

McClaren for President!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Royal wedding. on 10:55 - May 20 with 1922 viewsblacky200

I was never a royalist and still am not but I think William and Harry are doing a great job modernizing the royals. There doesn't seem to be the them and us feeling about them now. The attention of the world was on the wedding not only because she is American and partly African American but also because no other country has the heritage that we have.That heritage brings in way more money than they cost the tax payer. Good luck to them both.
Royal wedding. on 11:51 - May 20 with 1883 viewsDorse

No problem with the royal wedding. I just hate bunting in general.

And those people who wear Union Jack clothing at Wimbledon or the Proms. I bet they were all holding parties yesterday, saluting the TV.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024