Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Triffic news! 13:14 - May 15 with 7500 viewsSuperhoop83

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44109670

"Given the opportunity to go in and build a team, I know I'd do well."

I bet he would. Shame about the club that hires him though.

Suffering since 1978.

Triffic news! on 13:33 - May 15 with 5766 viewssmegma

Ask Brum fans what they think of him ??
Triffic news! on 13:38 - May 15 with 5744 viewsEsox_Lucius

For "build a team" read "spunk gazillions".

The grass is always greener.

Triffic news! on 13:40 - May 15 with 5729 viewsSimonJames

He is an utter k#nt.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Triffic news! on 13:49 - May 15 with 5674 viewsCliff

Perhaps he could come back and be McClaren's assistant
Triffic news! on 14:40 - May 15 with 5519 viewsNorthernr

One of the many things that gets me about that absolute charlatan is the abysmal state of sports journalism in this country that he's allowed to just lob lines like that out there with nobody going "well hang on, what about a, b, c?"

He was doing a bit in Dubai on the day our record breaking FFP fine news broke and sat there and said "nothing to do with me, I only signed two or three players when I was there" and that was that. He made 16 signings for us that season, on eye watering wages. If he'd said that to me in an interview I'd have listed them back to him, but nobody does.

He spent all last summer saying if Birmingham gave him what he wanted he'd definitely have them in the play offs, he spent 15 minutes bitching and moaning on Sky that he wasn't being allowed to spend enough money after they'd lost 2-1 to Burton Albion (who operate on the lowest budget in the league), got his way and spent all the money and they nearly got relegated anyway, and are now in FFP sht. And yet he's allowed to just sit there and say "given the chance I'd build a good team" with nobody saying "hang on a minute".

When he was with us he kept going on about only having 12 players to take on the tour of Ireland, when we took a squad in excess of 20, and again nobody comes back at him.

Does my fcking nut. Good old 'Arry, lean out the car window and spin us another lie will you, and try not to run over your wife again while you're doing it.
Triffic news! on 14:45 - May 15 with 5491 viewsbillericaydicky

I think you're being a bit harsh Clive, remember the man is a cripple...
Triffic news! on 14:48 - May 15 with 5474 viewsNorthernr

Triffic news! on 14:45 - May 15 by billericaydicky

I think you're being a bit harsh Clive, remember the man is a cripple...

Oh yeh. Sends Martin Samuel out to bat for him with stories about how they had to get a cab to go 150 yards to a restaurant, couldn't watch his grand kids play football, wanted to go watch Fulham but couldn't because it's a long walk from the car... then nobody comes back and says "did you ever have that operation Harry?". Because he fcking didn't.
Triffic news! on 14:55 - May 15 with 5438 viewsSuperhoop83

I knew Clive would like that "news" item.

Suffering since 1978.

Login to get fewer ads

Triffic news! on 14:56 - May 15 with 5432 viewsted_hendrix

No news to report so reel out the world's biggest liar and conman and stick a microphone in front of the bastard, he's the skunk that the media love the most.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Triffic news! on 15:06 - May 15 with 5388 viewsdaveB

Thats not just with Redknapp though, sports journalists are in the main pathetic at asking any questions for fear of not getting book deals or exclusive puff pieces.

Look at the rimming Wenger has been getting from John Cross and co the last few weeks, you'd think in between all the love and rounds of applause someone might ask him why they can't win away from home
Triffic news! on 15:10 - May 15 with 5372 viewsNorthernr

Triffic news! on 15:06 - May 15 by daveB

Thats not just with Redknapp though, sports journalists are in the main pathetic at asking any questions for fear of not getting book deals or exclusive puff pieces.

Look at the rimming Wenger has been getting from John Cross and co the last few weeks, you'd think in between all the love and rounds of applause someone might ask him why they can't win away from home

Exactly my point. They just trudge around on the never ending cycle of inane press conferences asking nothing serious of anybody.

Jose Mourinho went on hat huge great long diatribe about "footballing heritage" when Man Utd were dumped out of the Champions League by Sevilla, reading out the years and what round they'd gone out in to show that even though he's spent astronomical sums of money there it's perfectly fine for them to not be getting any better. Never once did anybody say "hang on, what about Seville's football heritage, how many Champions League quarters, semis and finals have they been in recently?" Nobody asks him about Brighton's football heritage when they lose there the other night - the obvious question surely?
Triffic news! on 15:32 - May 15 with 5306 viewsbob566

Triffic news! on 15:10 - May 15 by Northernr

Exactly my point. They just trudge around on the never ending cycle of inane press conferences asking nothing serious of anybody.

Jose Mourinho went on hat huge great long diatribe about "footballing heritage" when Man Utd were dumped out of the Champions League by Sevilla, reading out the years and what round they'd gone out in to show that even though he's spent astronomical sums of money there it's perfectly fine for them to not be getting any better. Never once did anybody say "hang on, what about Seville's football heritage, how many Champions League quarters, semis and finals have they been in recently?" Nobody asks him about Brighton's football heritage when they lose there the other night - the obvious question surely?

you need to start following the cycling instead of the football Clive. Paul Kimmage and a few other journos are always going for the jugular to get to the bottom of the doping.
Triffic news! on 15:37 - May 15 with 5283 viewsdolcelatte

Triffic news! on 15:32 - May 15 by bob566

you need to start following the cycling instead of the football Clive. Paul Kimmage and a few other journos are always going for the jugular to get to the bottom of the doping.

Can't take the ex doper Kimmage seriously myself. Has the opinion that every cyclist is "at it" when the reality is very different. If footballers tennis & baseball players were tested anywhere near the amount cyclists are then we might really get to the bottom of something.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Triffic news! on 15:40 - May 15 with 5269 viewsconnell10

Tosser!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Triffic news! on 16:05 - May 15 with 5177 viewsblacky200

I guess Rosie's account must be getting low. Not heard of her doing anything of note in years
Triffic news! on 16:11 - May 15 with 5144 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Just to be on the safe side....get Schteeve in asap!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Triffic news! on 16:11 - May 15 with 5143 viewshovehoop

Agree that cycling journalism tends to be far more accurate than football writing. Always liked David Walsh who previously lost an action brought by Armstrong tho was later vindicated. He knows the sport so well I’d imagine it would be hard pulling the wool over his eyes. Not sure what his current stance is in the Froome salbutamol situation tho he recently admitted liking Froome tho finding it difficult to see a basis for somehow legitimising his positive test outcome. He’s worth reading if only to draw comparisons with football writing.
Triffic news! on 16:21 - May 15 with 5115 viewsbob566

Triffic news! on 15:37 - May 15 by dolcelatte

Can't take the ex doper Kimmage seriously myself. Has the opinion that every cyclist is "at it" when the reality is very different. If footballers tennis & baseball players were tested anywhere near the amount cyclists are then we might really get to the bottom of something.

but Kimmage held his hand up to doping and apologized for it. Cycling is the most corrupt and bent sport going. Don't get me wrong. The TDF is my favourite sporting event all year by far. But I know they're all doping as do you. Its how they get around it fascinates me.
Triffic news! on 16:35 - May 15 with 5058 viewshovehoop

Triffic news! on 16:21 - May 15 by bob566

but Kimmage held his hand up to doping and apologized for it. Cycling is the most corrupt and bent sport going. Don't get me wrong. The TDF is my favourite sporting event all year by far. But I know they're all doping as do you. Its how they get around it fascinates me.

Share your love for the TDF but maybe naievely don’t subscribe to the idea that they’re all at it. My understanding is times taken to climb major cols have slowed since Armstrong days as a nod to the idea the peloton was riding cleaner. I agree tho that the TUE provisions are a mess and open to abuse! Also I quite like Kimmages writing and David Millar is quite good too. They both did wrong and put up their hands when doping was endemic. And more should be made of the teams who pressurised young riders to take EPO and potentially threaten their lives!
Triffic news! on 16:48 - May 15 with 5016 viewscaliforniahoop

Triffic news! on 16:35 - May 15 by hovehoop

Share your love for the TDF but maybe naievely don’t subscribe to the idea that they’re all at it. My understanding is times taken to climb major cols have slowed since Armstrong days as a nod to the idea the peloton was riding cleaner. I agree tho that the TUE provisions are a mess and open to abuse! Also I quite like Kimmages writing and David Millar is quite good too. They both did wrong and put up their hands when doping was endemic. And more should be made of the teams who pressurised young riders to take EPO and potentially threaten their lives!

He is the one appointment I find it difficult to forgive TF for, the others I can understand but everyone knew HR’s track record.

The true definition of a fraud!
Triffic news! on 16:51 - May 15 with 5010 viewsbob566

Triffic news! on 16:35 - May 15 by hovehoop

fair enough Hove and i'll hold my hand up to not knowing climbing times had dropped overall. That's welcome news.
Triffic news! on 17:14 - May 15 with 4944 viewshovehoop

Triffic news! on 16:51 - May 15 by bob566

fair enough Hove and i'll hold my hand up to not knowing climbing times had dropped overall. That's welcome news.

David Millar, I think, also mentioned the origins of the Tour when it was so difficult it was expected to have a high drop out rate. He then suggested that in more recent times the stages were so long/difficult it was perhaps impossible to ride them competitively on successive days, without artificial intervention. Seemingly today’s stages are shorter although in part to maintain spectators interest while still being an exceptionally tough race. I hope Froome can clear his name for the good of cycling tho no idea how he’ll do so. Maybe he can show salbutamol isn’t performance enhancing regardless of the dose.
Triffic news! on 17:20 - May 15 with 4915 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Triffic news! on 15:10 - May 15 by Northernr

Isn't this a problem of mainstream journalism in general?

All scared of ruining their access / favourable position, but in the process negating their duty to ask awkward questions.

Politicians (and herbert Football managers) should be scared of the press not the other way round.
[Post edited 15 May 2018 17:21]
Triffic news! on 18:07 - May 15 with 4769 viewsterryb

I'm told that Lampard has been interviewed by Ipswich & that part of his sales pitch was to have Uncle Harry as his adviser.

I can't quite see Marcus Evans agreeing their fiancial terms!
Triffic news! on 18:27 - May 15 with 4719 viewsNorthernr

Triffic news! on 18:07 - May 15 by terryb

I'm told that Lampard has been interviewed by Ipswich & that part of his sales pitch was to have Uncle Harry as his adviser.

I can't quite see Marcus Evans agreeing their fiancial terms!

Fck me, I mean you may as well just set your money on fire.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024