Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pavel 10:43 - May 17 with 4817 viewsenfieldargh

Not in the Poland squad.

Cant work out if he was just not up to speed last season or the constant chopping and changing of the team and tactics meant he could never establish himself.

I love him as a player and this time last year would have been one of the first names on our team sheet.

Over to you Olly haters

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Pavel on 11:32 - May 17 with 4242 viewssimmo

Played 4 different positions last season; RB, RWB, RW and LW. Also I think he probably only started about half of the games he was available. He was only on the fringes when he played week in week out to be fair but I think based on what we saw when he played on the right with Furs behind him, if he had started 30 games in that system then he would have had a very good chance of going to Russia.

Also I think he still has BÅ‚aszczykowski ahead of him who Wikipedia tells me played nearly 40 games for (an albeit poor) Wolfsburg this season

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Pavel on 12:05 - May 17 with 4158 viewsdavman

Pavel on 11:32 - May 17 by simmo

Played 4 different positions last season; RB, RWB, RW and LW. Also I think he probably only started about half of the games he was available. He was only on the fringes when he played week in week out to be fair but I think based on what we saw when he played on the right with Furs behind him, if he had started 30 games in that system then he would have had a very good chance of going to Russia.

Also I think he still has BÅ‚aszczykowski ahead of him who Wikipedia tells me played nearly 40 games for (an albeit poor) Wolfsburg this season

I spoke to Pav after the Birmingham game in which he didn't play. I asked whether he would be going to the World Cup and he said "I don't think so, not after today". I get the feeling that he had been told he needed to have game time to get into the Manager's plans and he knew that he hadn't been given that game time.

A real shame in my view, not just for the lad (not many chances to go to a WC in a players' career, but also for the club. A decent WC would have led to a decent offer in a position where we appear to becoming blessed with other talents (BOS, Smyth, Wheeler, Shodipo...).

A shame.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Pavel on 12:10 - May 17 with 4139 viewsDorse

I like him - he seems to have a great attitude and I hope whoever comes in for next season can find a role for him.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Pavel on 12:10 - May 17 with 4134 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Pavel on 12:05 - May 17 by davman

I spoke to Pav after the Birmingham game in which he didn't play. I asked whether he would be going to the World Cup and he said "I don't think so, not after today". I get the feeling that he had been told he needed to have game time to get into the Manager's plans and he knew that he hadn't been given that game time.

A real shame in my view, not just for the lad (not many chances to go to a WC in a players' career, but also for the club. A decent WC would have led to a decent offer in a position where we appear to becoming blessed with other talents (BOS, Smyth, Wheeler, Shodipo...).

A shame.

Plus if he had gone and had played a blinder, then who knows what this might have generated in interest to sign him.

But as you said, shame for him.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Pavel on 12:39 - May 17 with 4031 viewssmegma

Maybe Poland want someone who can cross the ball??
Pavel on 13:16 - May 17 with 3912 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pavel on 12:39 - May 17 by smegma

Opinions eh, I think he's the best crosser we have.
Pavel on 13:17 - May 17 with 3906 viewsenfieldargh

Pavel on 12:39 - May 17 by smegma

Last season his crossing was way below the standard he set the season before

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Pavel on 13:27 - May 17 with 3860 viewsrunningman75

I saw a game a couple of years ago where Pavel played right wing, trying to remember who played right back and put a peach of a cross for Sylla to get his long legs on and score. As much as I liked Holloway some players never got a proper chance.
Login to get fewer ads

Pavel on 14:15 - May 17 with 3750 viewsDorse

Pavel on 13:17 - May 17 by enfieldargh

Last season his crossing was way below the standard he set the season before

These guys could help him with that.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Pavel on 15:35 - May 17 with 3629 viewsPeterHucker

To be honest if he hasn't been good enough to nail down a first place team in a mid-table Championship club then it's hardly a shock that he can't get in the Poland squad. Don't think he's actually played for them since well before he joined us.
Pavel on 18:02 - May 17 with 3493 viewssmegma

Pavel on 13:16 - May 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Opinions eh, I think he's the best crosser we have.

That's Paul Smyth
Pavel on 21:21 - May 17 with 3344 viewsqpr1976

Guessing they already have an established RB / RWB ?

Feel for him. But then NI didn’t qualify, so feel sorry for CW too.....
Pavel on 01:20 - May 18 with 3201 viewsfrancisbowles

For me, he dithers on the ball for too long and is very one footed, which gives the defender time to force him onto his weaker foot and hence the cross doesn't come or he ends up trying to beat the defender and then rushes the cross.

When he finds space and is not rushed, he can be a very effective crosser.

Smyth much better at doing this but then he hasn't been asked to play wing back! (yet!)
Pavel on 04:44 - May 18 with 3143 viewstimcocking

I bet he holds Holloway responsible for that. For a decent player who always gives 100%, his treatment over the course of the season has perplexed me more than that of any of our other players. Maybe he's better as a left winger, full back or wing back rather than a right winger, but you could have fooled me. Pavel was saying before the season how important it was for him to play as much as possible this season to get into the world cup squad.

He'll be absoluteky gutted i imagine and rightly so. I'm gutted for him.

He might focus his efforts on us, or then again he might just think fcuk it.
Pavel on 07:15 - May 18 with 3084 viewsdaveB

He's not been good enough to nail down a place in the QPR side let alone go to a World Cup. He can blame the manager but I think he's a bit over rated by QPR fans, had 3/4 good games last season and another handful of good ones this year but is rated by many as one of our better players, I just don't see it
Pavel on 07:25 - May 18 with 3078 viewssmegma

Pavel on 07:15 - May 18 by daveB

He's not been good enough to nail down a place in the QPR side let alone go to a World Cup. He can blame the manager but I think he's a bit over rated by QPR fans, had 3/4 good games last season and another handful of good ones this year but is rated by many as one of our better players, I just don't see it

I think a lot of praise is based on the goal at Craven Cottage. Yet how many goals did he create for others last season ???
Pavel on 08:57 - May 18 with 3017 viewsDannyPaddox

Was surprised he didn't request a move before the January transfer window giving the reason: "Fcuk this only playing me half the time and fcuk this out of position wing-back shit, I've got a once in a lifetime World Cup to aim for. Get me back to Poland, Germany, France, or anywhere. I need games".

I don't know whether this suggests he is either a very patient man or a very unambitious one or just very happy at the club. He personifies the Holloway dilemma. Olly, key and instrumental in creating great team morale. Alas, head-bangingly awful at team selection and tactics.

Conjecture and analysis aside I hope, during the next (glorious?) chapter we can keep hold of Pav.
Pavel on 09:12 - May 18 with 2999 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Holloway made a complete hash of getting the best out of Pavel. Along with a few other players, trying to impose his wing backs system on players clearly not suited to it. One of the many reasons I have no regrets seeing the back of Ollie.
Pavel on 09:17 - May 18 with 2991 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pavel on 09:12 - May 18 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Holloway made a complete hash of getting the best out of Pavel. Along with a few other players, trying to impose his wing backs system on players clearly not suited to it. One of the many reasons I have no regrets seeing the back of Ollie.

Good thing McClaren is the perfect manager who shall give you no similar concerns....
Pavel on 09:22 - May 18 with 2981 viewstimcocking

Pavel on 07:15 - May 18 by daveB

How would you see it when he's been playing down the left or as a defender?
Pavel on 10:05 - May 18 with 2953 viewsdaveB

Pavel on 09:22 - May 18 by timcocking

How would you see it when he's been playing down the left or as a defender?

not been playing as a defender, as a wing back he was in the final third plenty of times on the right wing and rarely delivered anything in the box. He did play most of the season before as a right winger and even then only had a handful of stand out games.
Pavel on 10:08 - May 18 with 2951 viewsdaveB

Pavel on 09:12 - May 18 by Spaghetti_Hoops

It was a system that got the best out of Luongo, Scowen, Freeman and Robinson who were our 4 best players last season. If he had built the team around Pawel instead then he'd have left the club a lot earlier than he did.

When we switched to 4-3-3 it's not as if Pawel stood out then either apart from at Fulham when he was played out of position anyway
Pavel on 11:30 - May 18 with 2903 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Pavel on 10:08 - May 18 by daveB

It was a system that got the best out of Luongo, Scowen, Freeman and Robinson who were our 4 best players last season. If he had built the team around Pawel instead then he'd have left the club a lot earlier than he did.

When we switched to 4-3-3 it's not as if Pawel stood out then either apart from at Fulham when he was played out of position anyway

I am not sure that it was a season that got the best out of anybody. Even Luongo, Scowen and Freeman must have been put off by the tombola selections going on around them. Easy to criticise a player who has been messed about as much as Pavel was this season. He must have lost confidence, been confused and thoroughly frustrated by Holloway.

As far as McClaren is concerned time will tell. Like with any manager, will his strengths or weaknesses come to the fore in the particular circumstances of this job. The Director of Football and coaching set-up and the development of the young players might be right up his street.
Pavel on 11:54 - May 18 with 2877 viewsW7Ranger

Pavel on 13:27 - May 17 by runningman75

I saw a game a couple of years ago where Pavel played right wing, trying to remember who played right back and put a peach of a cross for Sylla to get his long legs on and score. As much as I liked Holloway some players never got a proper chance.

Birmingham away when we won 4-1?
Pavel on 13:17 - May 18 with 2817 viewsdaveB

Pavel on 11:30 - May 18 by Spaghetti_Hoops

I am not sure that it was a season that got the best out of anybody. Even Luongo, Scowen and Freeman must have been put off by the tombola selections going on around them. Easy to criticise a player who has been messed about as much as Pavel was this season. He must have lost confidence, been confused and thoroughly frustrated by Holloway.

As far as McClaren is concerned time will tell. Like with any manager, will his strengths or weaknesses come to the fore in the particular circumstances of this job. The Director of Football and coaching set-up and the development of the young players might be right up his street.

The so called Tombola stuff only really happened in the last month or so of the season when we were safe, before then most changes were due to injuries and trying to find the right combination up front.

Easy for players to hide behind excuses like being messed around by the manager but Pawel played a fair number of games on the right this season and never really performed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024