Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Capital punishment be brought back? 19:10 - May 17 with 10577 viewsflynnbo

Now, I have never been one to advocate the death penalty but for these pieces of scum, my views have been sorely challenged.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-44158417
Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 19:13 - May 17 with 6416 viewsrunningman75

I am a bit of a snowflake but think in extreme cases we need capital punishment. We need to ensure a proper legal system with possibly a supreme court making the decision and not trial by media.
Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 19:30 - May 17 with 6355 viewsitsbiga

A no from me. Seems odd to punish savagery with savagery.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 19:35 - May 17 with 6340 viewsQPR_John

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 19:30 - May 17 by itsbiga

A no from me. Seems odd to punish savagery with savagery.

All my instincts say yes but my one worry is there is no room for error and errors do occur. I would quite happily have a life sentence which actually meant life.
Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 19:54 - May 17 with 6301 viewspeejaybee

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 19:35 - May 17 by QPR_John

All my instincts say yes but my one worry is there is no room for error and errors do occur. I would quite happily have a life sentence which actually meant life.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know who was the last person given a life sentence that actually died in prison.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 20:00 - May 17 with 6285 viewsflynnbo

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 19:54 - May 17 by peejaybee

Just out of curiosity does anyone know who was the last person given a life sentence that actually died in prison.

Wasn't it Dennis Nilson who died just last week?
Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 20:28 - May 17 with 6236 viewsBluce_Ree

Two kids killed by a guy speeding on cocaine and he gets nine months?

I'd bring back capital punishment for less to be honest. Some people are just scum. We could use a reckoning.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 20:32 - May 17 with 6232 viewsN12Hoop

Not sure i agree with the death penalty, and I doubt the knowledge of it being available would have made any difference to the outcome, but I read these 2 stories today and can’t help but feel the world would be a better place without these scum.

http://news.sky.com/story/predator-kasim-lewis-jailed-for-murdering-barmaid-iuli

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/acid-attack-euthanasia-murder-trial-

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 20:44 - May 17 with 6204 viewssmegma

I'd willingly bring it back for this piece of filth. I'd even press the buttons to inject the lethal concoction. The fact he will be deported IF he is ever released is insufficient.

http://www.murdermap.co.uk/pages/cases/case.asp?CID=333664193&VID=113&Case=Death

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1153777/Waiter-jailed-life-horrific-murd
[Post edited 17 May 2018 20:48]
Login to get fewer ads

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 20:54 - May 17 with 6178 viewsessextaxiboy

No from me . We keep the moral high ground we lock them away and pay to keep our principles .
Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 21:07 - May 17 with 6156 viewsToast_R

Scum and you cannot imagine the pain this caused the parents, obviously too much to bear for the father.
What angers me though is that that animal had 30 previous convictions for driving without a license or insurance? 30 convictions!
How the f*ck has he been allowed to roam free on the back of all those. It was only a matter of time before he killed someone. The system has failed to keep those kids safe from that horrible c*nt.
Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 21:11 - May 17 with 6148 viewsBluce_Ree

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 20:54 - May 17 by essextaxiboy

No from me . We keep the moral high ground we lock them away and pay to keep our principles .

More than happy to have them locked up for life in some miserable prison. But if this guy can get nine months after 30+ convictions, then the system probably needs a more radical overhaul.

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 21:15 - May 17 with 6145 viewskensalriser

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 21:11 - May 17 by Bluce_Ree

More than happy to have them locked up for life in some miserable prison. But if this guy can get nine months after 30+ convictions, then the system probably needs a more radical overhaul.

Nine years.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 21:22 - May 17 with 6124 viewsMedwayR

No. A big problem we have is the legal/prison system is broken. The prisons we have are rarely fit for purpose and are over-populated which results in judges being forced to give out pitiful sentences. There's also no effective system for rehabilitation of criminals nor drug addicts as far as I can see. The purpose of prison is (should be) to keep joe public safe from these animals & to offer rehabilitation to the convict, currently neither is happening which results in the standard of behaviour in society dropping through the floor and crime becoming so commonplace that it's practically accepted with a shrug of the shoulders. What can we, the general public, do about it??? Not a lot really, same as we can't do a lot about cuts to policing which contributes to these problems, cuts to the NHS, education etc. Sad state of affairs that has a real impact on people as seen here sadly.

Poll: Who’s better?

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 21:34 - May 17 with 6098 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If capital punishment wasn’t outlawed, off the top of my head:

GUILDFORD FOUR & MAGUIRE SEVEN
Tortured into confession of IRA bombings they didn’t do.

BARRY GEORGE
Wrongly convicted of murder of Jill Dando.

SUZANNE HOLDSWORTH
Incompetent coroner accused her of murdering her 2yo neighbour, later overturned when it was proven the child had an epileptic fit and fell.

All dead for fvck all. Families ruined. If it happened to them it could happen to you.

I know someone in my lefty circle who worked for these:

https://reprieve.org.uk

Some heartbreaking stories.
[Post edited 17 May 2018 21:44]
Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 21:38 - May 17 with 6090 viewseasthertsr

No, never right. If killing another person is wrong, then how can it be right to do it again?
Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 21:59 - May 17 with 6050 viewskingsburyR

A big fat YES from me.

The father was given a life sentence but felt it easier to call it a day to the pain. God bless him.

The other guy deserves the chair. END OF.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 22:34 - May 17 with 5980 viewssmegma

With DNA technology mistakes should be reduced or disappear. When it is proved without any doubts, like the Soham Murdering scum, an injection should suffice.
Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 22:35 - May 17 with 5980 viewsaston_hoop

"an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for an ear, a tooth for a tooth".... but we are better than that right? Aside from the fact that capital punishment isn't an effective deterrent and costs the taxpayer a ton.

For what its worth, we do need to have a look at why someone in that position can get that sentence but lets not go full America/China/Saudia on this.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 23:19 - May 17 with 5926 viewsRs_Holy

It’s a YES from me but only for mass murderers, serial rapists, and paedos.
The bloke involved in the hit and run should have to do more than 9 years! I suppose he’ll do about half of that with good behaviour???
Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 23:30 - May 17 with 5909 viewsHadders

This horrible recent story shocked me. I am unreservedly opposed to capital punishment (even for the definitely premeditated and guilty, caught on camera in front of hundreds of witnesses), but I do think that someone who has beaten an old woman to death should probably be assumed to be a risk to society for the rest of their life. That these men met in jail and then were allowed out to commit another vile crime together is very disturbing.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/25/two-men-jailed-for-life-for-tort
[Post edited 17 May 2018 23:33]
Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 23:48 - May 17 with 5866 viewsBoston

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 21:22 - May 17 by MedwayR

No. A big problem we have is the legal/prison system is broken. The prisons we have are rarely fit for purpose and are over-populated which results in judges being forced to give out pitiful sentences. There's also no effective system for rehabilitation of criminals nor drug addicts as far as I can see. The purpose of prison is (should be) to keep joe public safe from these animals & to offer rehabilitation to the convict, currently neither is happening which results in the standard of behaviour in society dropping through the floor and crime becoming so commonplace that it's practically accepted with a shrug of the shoulders. What can we, the general public, do about it??? Not a lot really, same as we can't do a lot about cuts to policing which contributes to these problems, cuts to the NHS, education etc. Sad state of affairs that has a real impact on people as seen here sadly.

There may well be faults within your legal and prison system, but surely what's broken is a large part of your society?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 00:25 - May 18 with 5835 viewsBluce_Ree

I can’t think of one moral argument that should let people like Levi Bellfield live. He’s taking some pleasure in confessing to cold cases while doing that bullshit thing of pretending to convert to a religion.

The world would be better if he was dead.

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 00:39 - May 18 with 5828 viewsLazyFan

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 23:19 - May 17 by Rs_Holy

It’s a YES from me but only for mass murderers, serial rapists, and paedos.
The bloke involved in the hit and run should have to do more than 9 years! I suppose he’ll do about half of that with good behaviour???

You mean like Fred West (evil dumbo) and Harold Shipman (evil mastermind) who killed themselves and cheated justice. Becuase they both knew life with no parole in prision was worse than death.

Victims families were not happy either at the time.
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/3392135.stm

Also if the state gets it wrong (DNA can be planted) then we need to hang those who killed the wrong people. As they are murders too. No lame excuses just because it was a mistake done in court. No being liberal wussy weak on the Jury or the Judge. They will have to hang to square it all off.

Because of course, the excuse is mistakes will happen and that is okay. Fairs Fair now. Don't be a wussy.

Or let's be better than that circus and agree Scum needs to be locked up forever and used as an example again and again to warn others. Once they are dead, they are quickly forgotten.

PS:
Agree on 9 years is too low, should have been 20 with 2/3 served in a hard prison at least.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 01:17 - May 18 with 5799 viewsPunteR

Id bring back the death sentence. 100%.
If i ran over two kids and killed them i would take a death sentence over spending the rest of my life with the guilt. Life is over anyway.
In fact sometimes i think its more humane to end the life rather then keep them banged up in a cell.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Should Capital punishment be brought back? on 03:47 - May 18 with 5761 viewsisawqpratwcity

I think 9 years sounds light, too, but that can be appealed by the Crown if they think it too lenient. It's better that these decisions are made by people who have more than a passing acquaintance with the circumstances of the case.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024