Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window general thread 10:16 - May 18 with 87127 viewsrsonist

Yiadom to Reading
Ledson to Preston
Transfer window general thread on 12:21 - Aug 3 with 3295 viewssimmo

Transfer window general thread on 10:31 - Aug 3 by paulparker

Max Meyer to Palace on 175k a week !!!! it wasn't that long ago they were in Admin for what the 5th time , I hope they and them spotty little ultras go down this year

I read that too but other places reporting it at 70k a week. Still, a bit of a coup for them and him and Zaha as part of a 3 in attack looks pretty exciting.

Overall Palace need to be really careful, I think their wages to turnover ratio is something like 80% and the highest in the league and although they have assets to sell (mainly Zaha), they will have to gamble with the parachute payments to come straight back and avoid getting absolutely fcked.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Transfer window general thread on 12:32 - Aug 3 with 3247 viewsqprd

Transfer window general thread on 12:21 - Aug 3 by simmo

I read that too but other places reporting it at 70k a week. Still, a bit of a coup for them and him and Zaha as part of a 3 in attack looks pretty exciting.

Overall Palace need to be really careful, I think their wages to turnover ratio is something like 80% and the highest in the league and although they have assets to sell (mainly Zaha), they will have to gamble with the parachute payments to come straight back and avoid getting absolutely fcked.

The wage doesn’t tell the whole picture since palace got him on a free

It’s cheaper for them to sign on a free and pay him 175k a week for three years than sign him for a 20m transfer fee and a third of that wage

The wage does reduce the sell on value though since other clubs won’t be too keen to assume his wages
Transfer window general thread on 13:10 - Aug 3 with 3160 viewsQPR_Jim

Transfer window general thread on 12:32 - Aug 3 by qprd

The wage doesn’t tell the whole picture since palace got him on a free

It’s cheaper for them to sign on a free and pay him 175k a week for three years than sign him for a 20m transfer fee and a third of that wage

The wage does reduce the sell on value though since other clubs won’t be too keen to assume his wages

I suppose it depends on how they structure the deal, presumably the higher wages being touted would be a combination of his wages and his signing on fee spread over the duration of his contract?
Transfer window general thread on 16:18 - Aug 3 with 3026 viewspaulparker

Adam Armstrong going to Blackburn for 1.5 million , a player who would have suited us
Blackburn have done good business getting Palmer and now Armstrong , we are getting left behind I fear

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Transfer window general thread on 16:26 - Aug 3 with 2998 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Transfer window general thread on 16:18 - Aug 3 by paulparker

Adam Armstrong going to Blackburn for 1.5 million , a player who would have suited us
Blackburn have done good business getting Palmer and now Armstrong , we are getting left behind I fear

Got fck all to do with this thread but he took my Gateshead team to the heights in Football Manager once.
Transfer window general thread on 17:10 - Aug 3 with 2899 viewsLblock

One Germany Division Two defender tells a story doesn't it?

I'm all for not splashing the cash, always have been, but where's the succession planning? If you know / choose to let first team players leave for nothing then surely you have to have replacements lined up?
Even taking a punt such as this signing Rovers have made would be a start.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer window general thread on 17:34 - Aug 3 with 2859 viewsNorthernr

I'd be surprised if we're left behind by Blackburn but we'll see.
Transfer window general thread on 18:29 - Aug 3 with 2751 viewsDiscodroids

I realise we're more fiscally bereft of funds than a low t cell count east Ham brass with one tit working the back shift outside the guru nanak centre for a ten spot w ank , but it irks me to see a player i've been screaming into the firmament about , Marc Mcnulty's transfer to Reading.

A player with a cut of panache about him and who was on loan at portsmouth in division 2 not so long ago when he could have been bought for a wrap of salty speed cut with klix machine coffee whitener. ie £10.

Still, What do i know.. i thought Jordan Mutch was going to be the next bernd schuster and Ben Gladwin the next Enzo Francescoli.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window general thread on 18:32 - Aug 3 with 2755 viewsNorthernr

Transfer window general thread on 18:29 - Aug 3 by Discodroids

I realise we're more fiscally bereft of funds than a low t cell count east Ham brass with one tit working the back shift outside the guru nanak centre for a ten spot w ank , but it irks me to see a player i've been screaming into the firmament about , Marc Mcnulty's transfer to Reading.

A player with a cut of panache about him and who was on loan at portsmouth in division 2 not so long ago when he could have been bought for a wrap of salty speed cut with klix machine coffee whitener. ie £10.

Still, What do i know.. i thought Jordan Mutch was going to be the next bernd schuster and Ben Gladwin the next Enzo Francescoli.

Agree on both - McNulty and Mutch.
Transfer window general thread on 18:33 - Aug 3 with 2750 viewsMancR

Jordan Mutch and Ben Gladwin?!? Thanks for reminding me of those 2 non footballing wastes of space😱
Transfer window general thread on 18:33 - Aug 3 with 2740 viewsDiscodroids

Transfer window general thread on 18:32 - Aug 3 by Northernr

Agree on both - McNulty and Mutch.

I've Liked Mcnulty since i first clapped eyes on him at home to sheff utd in a cup game a few years ago. Opportunity now gone. Like tears in rain. Bollocks.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 18:35]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Transfer window general thread on 18:37 - Aug 3 with 2739 viewsNorthernr

Transfer window general thread on 18:33 - Aug 3 by Discodroids

I've Liked Mcnulty since i first clapped eyes on him at home to sheff utd in a cup game a few years ago. Opportunity now gone. Like tears in rain. Bollocks.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 18:35]

Me too mate. I expect Reading to crash and burn anyway this season so maybe we can pick him up out of the ashes next summer. That's as optimistic as I've ever been.
Transfer window general thread on 18:56 - Aug 3 with 2704 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer window general thread on 17:10 - Aug 3 by Lblock

One Germany Division Two defender tells a story doesn't it?

I'm all for not splashing the cash, always have been, but where's the succession planning? If you know / choose to let first team players leave for nothing then surely you have to have replacements lined up?
Even taking a punt such as this signing Rovers have made would be a start.

maybe penrice didn't think he was any good?

Bare bones.

Transfer window general thread on 19:02 - Aug 3 with 2689 viewsdistortR

Transfer window general thread on 18:56 - Aug 3 by Antti_Heinola

maybe penrice didn't think he was any good?

yeah, while fernandes takes the blame for our playing squad, and while we are certainly financially constrained, it's worth remembering that Penrice, Les and Hoos have the overview of the squad, and I trust them. We certainly don't sign players for the sake of it anymore.
Transfer window general thread on 19:06 - Aug 3 with 2673 viewsQPR_John

Transfer window general thread on 19:02 - Aug 3 by distortR

yeah, while fernandes takes the blame for our playing squad, and while we are certainly financially constrained, it's worth remembering that Penrice, Les and Hoos have the overview of the squad, and I trust them. We certainly don't sign players for the sake of it anymore.

When talking about us being financially constrained would it be more correct to add artificially.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 19:07]
Transfer window general thread on 19:14 - Aug 3 with 2656 viewsdistortR

Transfer window general thread on 19:06 - Aug 3 by QPR_John

When talking about us being financially constrained would it be more correct to add artificially.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 19:07]

yeah, not the clubs fault though, is it?
well, partially the clubs fault owing to the previous, *gross mismanagement.
FFP is an arse and the rules certainly do not seem to be applied evenly.

* Gross as in unacceptable, not christian gross, who would probably have got us to the same place, but cheaper
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 19:22]
Transfer window general thread on 19:26 - Aug 3 with 2618 viewsQPR_John

Transfer window general thread on 19:14 - Aug 3 by distortR

yeah, not the clubs fault though, is it?
well, partially the clubs fault owing to the previous, *gross mismanagement.
FFP is an arse and the rules certainly do not seem to be applied evenly.

* Gross as in unacceptable, not christian gross, who would probably have got us to the same place, but cheaper
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 19:22]

The fault of the club is trying for the promise land of the PL and failing. The fault for the position we are now in is FFP.

Our owners have had their fingers burnt and one would hope given a free range they would not repeat the errors of the past. They could easily compete with the rest of the Championship if allowed to do so. There is now a rule that dictates we can not compete as our income stream is not big enough and short of moving to a new stadium never will.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 19:26]
Transfer window general thread on 19:30 - Aug 3 with 2604 viewsNorthernr

Transfer window general thread on 19:26 - Aug 3 by QPR_John

The fault of the club is trying for the promise land of the PL and failing. The fault for the position we are now in is FFP.

Our owners have had their fingers burnt and one would hope given a free range they would not repeat the errors of the past. They could easily compete with the rest of the Championship if allowed to do so. There is now a rule that dictates we can not compete as our income stream is not big enough and short of moving to a new stadium never will.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 19:26]

Exactly. Given half a chance, our owners would go big again.
Transfer window general thread on 19:45 - Aug 3 with 2576 viewstkqpr

This guy looks a beast for a 21 yr old. £1m so much potential, good pedigree, has experience. Are we priced out of this market now? OR are we waiting for Freeman money??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45063173
Transfer window general thread on 20:17 - Aug 3 with 2529 viewsNorthernr

Transfer window general thread on 19:45 - Aug 3 by tkqpr

This guy looks a beast for a 21 yr old. £1m so much potential, good pedigree, has experience. Are we priced out of this market now? OR are we waiting for Freeman money??

We'll definitely have watched him. Penrice scouts Scotland A LOT and watched Moult at Motherwell regularly before he went to PNE.
Transfer window general thread on 22:03 - Aug 3 with 2406 viewsrsonist

Transfer window general thread on 20:17 - Aug 3 by Northernr

We'll definitely have watched him. Penrice scouts Scotland A LOT and watched Moult at Motherwell regularly before he went to PNE.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-mcclaren-in-holloway-and-smithi

On this topic, interesting that Dave Mc suggests Penrice now has a reduced say in the transfers post-Ollie. Penrice has plenty of experience as a European scout of course but at the same time it's hard to ignore that Leistner and Sainsbury do very much fit the profile of the sort of players we were getting for JFH.
Transfer window general thread on 23:47 - Aug 3 with 2253 viewsHoopsarrr

Sainsbury has just had his contract terminated by Jiangsu Suning - now a free agent.

http://viralglobalnews.org/trent-sainsbury-contract-terminated-jiangsu-suning-qp
Transfer window general thread on 23:58 - Aug 3 with 2245 viewsMyke

Transfer window general thread on 23:47 - Aug 3 by Hoopsarrr

Sainsbury has just had his contract terminated by Jiangsu Suning - now a free agent.

http://viralglobalnews.org/trent-sainsbury-contract-terminated-jiangsu-suning-qp

Yeah but Dave reports there is interest from PSV - be hard to compete with that on every level imo
Transfer window general thread on 00:38 - Aug 4 with 2216 viewsrsonist

Transfer window general thread on 23:58 - Aug 3 by Myke

Yeah but Dave reports there is interest from PSV - be hard to compete with that on every level imo

I dunno, PSV look pretty sorted at centre back - they've already added a senior player there this summer, to a title winning defence. At 26 and with a relatively unfulfilled career to date he might prefer guaranteed first team football to a squad role higher up (only arguably, at this point, league-wise).

On the other hand they may pay a little bit but (not a lot) more, and a couple of injuries and he might play in the Champions League (if they get past the qualifiers).
Transfer window general thread on 00:48 - Aug 4 with 2208 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Transfer window general thread on 19:45 - Aug 3 by tkqpr

This geezer can't be 21.

He looks like a 40 year old air traffic controller.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024