Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window general thread 10:16 - May 18 with 87712 viewsrsonist

Yiadom to Reading
Ledson to Preston
Transfer window general thread on 19:20 - Jun 17 with 7452 viewsDorse

Transfer window general thread on 19:03 - Jun 17 by Northernr

Me neither. I’m clearly missing something though because this thread seems a bit weird to me.

You want weird?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Transfer window general thread on 19:26 - Jun 17 with 7437 viewsPunteR

Transfer window general thread on 19:20 - Jun 17 by Dorse

You want weird?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Transfer window general thread on 22:27 - Jun 17 with 7281 viewsHunterhoop

Transfer window general thread on 18:45 - Jun 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Hunter has called my posts garbage, tosh, bullshit, and balderdash many times.

He is right that I talk pish, but i'm sure he's a big boy who can take what he gives.

I don't think trying to undo 5 years of financial doping just because we were threatened with the naughty step makes us the good guys to be honest.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 18:47]

I don’t think i’ve ever used the word ‘balderdash’, Baz: on this forum or in life. But, yes, your point stands.

I thought nothing of my post being in any way controversial or hysterical, so only just come back on the board since I posted it. All a bit bemusing. I’m pretty sure i’m not insane (but maybe that’s a sign in itself!?) , and there was certainly no heavy breathing involved sadly.

All a bit surprising from rsonist. But I can’t for the life of remember if he/she is a good poster or not. I’ve been on the board since the Ron and Simon days and have seen many posters come and go, so forgive me if I should know if rsonist is a great/dreadful poster. Like all of us, probably somewhere in the middle.

And Baz, I’ve slated some of your posts, but i’ve also praised some, especially the QPR related stuff. Just give the Momentum stuff a rest on here, mate.
Transfer window general thread on 14:11 - Jun 20 with 6891 viewspaulparker

Lyle taylor going to Sunderland , a bit gutted ive been banging the drum for him for a while to come here

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Transfer window general thread on 17:56 - Jun 20 with 6762 viewsrsonist

Transfer window general thread on 14:11 - Jun 20 by paulparker

Lyle taylor going to Sunderland , a bit gutted ive been banging the drum for him for a while to come here

Seems to still be up in the air from what I'm seeing. Charlton leading the chase possibly.

Scunthorpe defender Murray Wallace who some bloke linked us to gone to Millwall. Looks a good signing.

WLS suggested a few days ago that we were in for Goldson after all - but we only wanted him on loan. Hmm...

And finally, in the biggest longest-running transfer saga of the century, the club appear to have forcibly prised the @QPR Twitter handle off Report. Now we can all sleep easy at night.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 17:59]
Transfer window general thread on 17:38 - Jun 22 with 6390 viewsrsonist

England U20 striker George Hirst, son of David, has gone to OH Leuven in Belgium on a Bosman - Leicester's feeder club, meaning they avoid paying any EPPP tribunal compensation and sell-on clauses.

These maniacally greedy scumbags just keep finding new ways to slap you in the face, don't they.
Transfer window general thread on 17:47 - Jun 22 with 6369 viewsrsonist

Transfer window general thread on 17:38 - Jun 22 by rsonist

England U20 striker George Hirst, son of David, has gone to OH Leuven in Belgium on a Bosman - Leicester's feeder club, meaning they avoid paying any EPPP tribunal compensation and sell-on clauses.

These maniacally greedy scumbags just keep finding new ways to slap you in the face, don't they.

And at the exact same time this is announced Ahmed Musa is scoring in the World Cup - a £17m Leicester signing from Russia who got 21 games before being discarded and sent back on loan to where he came from.

Those EPPP youth academy compensation fees though? Eye-watering mate, can't be paying them.
Transfer window general thread on 14:42 - Jun 27 with 6072 viewsrsonist

Bristol City losing Bobby Reid for £10m to irresistable master negotiators Cardiff, and also Aden Flint to Pulisboro for £5m.

Edit: seems to be some confusion over the Flint fee - some reports of £5m £2m extra in add ons, or even £9m +£1m.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2018 14:45]
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window general thread on 15:25 - Jun 27 with 6031 viewsrsonist

Lyle Taylor to Charlton now confirmed.
Transfer window general thread on 15:52 - Jun 27 with 6005 viewsrsonist

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/rotherham-close-i

Not sure who we're going for at the back if not the likes of Robertson on a free and Tilt (whose nephew we have on our books), both excelling for Blackpool in front of Lumley last year.
Transfer window general thread on 16:40 - Jun 27 with 5968 viewsGloucs_R

Transfer window general thread on 17:56 - Jun 20 by rsonist

Seems to still be up in the air from what I'm seeing. Charlton leading the chase possibly.

Scunthorpe defender Murray Wallace who some bloke linked us to gone to Millwall. Looks a good signing.

WLS suggested a few days ago that we were in for Goldson after all - but we only wanted him on loan. Hmm...

And finally, in the biggest longest-running transfer saga of the century, the club appear to have forcibly prised the @QPR Twitter handle off Report. Now we can all sleep easy at night.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 17:59]

Wallace looked like a great signing. Player of the season, good age, down to earth guy and rated highly by them.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer window general thread on 23:02 - Jun 27 with 5803 viewsrsonist

Transfer window general thread on 16:40 - Jun 27 by Gloucs_R

Wallace looked like a great signing. Player of the season, good age, down to earth guy and rated highly by them.

Yeah, hadn't seen him play personally but from everything I read he very much fit the profile, or so you'd think.
Transfer window general thread on 08:01 - Jun 28 with 5741 viewsBlue_Castello

Transfer window general thread on 14:42 - Jun 27 by rsonist

Bristol City losing Bobby Reid for £10m to irresistable master negotiators Cardiff, and also Aden Flint to Pulisboro for £5m.

Edit: seems to be some confusion over the Flint fee - some reports of £5m £2m extra in add ons, or even £9m +£1m.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2018 14:45]

Were disappointed with loosing Smithies, Bristol fans must be even more so if they loose Flint and Reid, possibly there two best players from last season.

Obviously a big compensation is the decent transfer fees BUT replacing them with similar quality is never easy. Plenty of fans in the Championship going to be upset as there best players leave to possibly warm the bench of a Premiership team as in the potential Brooks transfer to Bournemouth.
Transfer window general thread on 08:58 - Jun 28 with 5679 viewsstevec

Transfer window general thread on 08:01 - Jun 28 by Blue_Castello

Were disappointed with loosing Smithies, Bristol fans must be even more so if they loose Flint and Reid, possibly there two best players from last season.

Obviously a big compensation is the decent transfer fees BUT replacing them with similar quality is never easy. Plenty of fans in the Championship going to be upset as there best players leave to possibly warm the bench of a Premiership team as in the potential Brooks transfer to Bournemouth.

Absolutely right and a very good reason why this is the season we should take a gamble of some sort at aiming for the top six.

Good luck to Forest, look like they’re having a go.
Transfer window general thread on 10:11 - Jun 28 with 5634 viewsJeff

Transfer window general thread on 08:58 - Jun 28 by stevec

Absolutely right and a very good reason why this is the season we should take a gamble of some sort at aiming for the top six.

Good luck to Forest, look like they’re having a go.

i'm not entirely sure that selling probably the best keeper in the division for probably below his market rate to secure some money to buy a defender or three are the actions of a club gambling on making the top six...

Can we not knock it?

Transfer window general thread on 21:32 - Jun 29 with 5419 viewsrsonist

Transfer window general thread on 08:01 - Jun 28 by Blue_Castello

They've replaced Flint with Adam Webster from Ipswich for a rumoured £5m so yeah, unless you're shopping with us I don't think anyone's going to replace like for like in this division and make much profit from it.

Think Brooks will be playing regularly soon enough by the way, very impressive talent from what I saw of him.
Transfer window general thread on 10:48 - Jun 30 with 5283 viewsstevec

Reckon this £3m should be used on premier league loans now and maybe ship in someone like Collins at the back.
Transfer window general thread on 11:33 - Jun 30 with 5207 viewsloftboy

Transfer window general thread on 10:48 - Jun 30 by stevec

Reckon this £3m should be used on premier league loans now and maybe ship in someone like Collins at the back.

I thought we were trying to move away from loans as it was putting a barrier in front of our own youngsters ?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Transfer window general thread on 12:06 - Jun 30 with 5160 viewsstevec

Transfer window general thread on 11:33 - Jun 30 by loftboy

I thought we were trying to move away from loans as it was putting a barrier in front of our own youngsters ?

Take your point, but we’ve the nucleus of a potentially decent side and that includes the youngsters, but there’s positions that need filling that neither they or senior pros look like filling.

Centre half spot, a forward and consistent right sided midfielder for a start.

I thought Fulham were signed up players, Metrovic aside, but they got in a fair amount of loanees, 2 Chelsea and Target and it served them well
Transfer window general thread on 12:41 - Jul 6 with 4890 viewsrsonist

Didn't fancy bumping a Smithies thread for it but just seen Sam Johnstone's gone to West Brom for an initial £6.5m potentially rising to £10m.

I mean he's okay I guess but..

He's also 25. Thought he was much younger.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 12:43]
Transfer window general thread on 14:24 - Jul 6 with 4714 viewssimmo

Transfer window general thread on 12:41 - Jul 6 by rsonist

Didn't fancy bumping a Smithies thread for it but just seen Sam Johnstone's gone to West Brom for an initial £6.5m potentially rising to £10m.

Half as good as Smithies, gone for twice as much. There in lies the rub with that one...

Wonder also if this means the end for Ben Foster, been an exceptional keeper for them.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Transfer window general thread on 14:38 - Jul 6 with 4699 viewsdontknowitall

Transfer window general thread on 14:24 - Jul 6 by simmo

Half as good as Smithies, gone for twice as much. There in lies the rub with that one...

Wonder also if this means the end for Ben Foster, been an exceptional keeper for them.

Gone to Watford. Undisclosed but £2.5 million I think
Transfer window general thread on 17:14 - Jul 6 with 4562 viewsterryb

Transfer window general thread on 14:38 - Jul 6 by dontknowitall

Gone to Watford. Undisclosed but £2.5 million I think

And there lies the problem with the market.

A lot of 'keepers going for less than you would expect & the other half going for far more than you would expect.

The more expensive ones are those that you don't want playing for your team!

Good luck West Brom. Johnstone costing more than you get for Foster!
Transfer window general thread on 11:15 - Jul 7 with 4292 viewsfrancisbowles

Transfer window general thread on 12:41 - Jul 6 by rsonist

BUT, how long was his contract and did he have a buy out clause?
Transfer window general thread on 15:34 - Jul 10 with 3977 viewsenfieldargh

Jordan Rhodes Sheff Wed to Norwich season long loan.

Farka Hell

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024