Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window general thread 10:16 - May 18 with 87144 viewsrsonist

Yiadom to Reading
Ledson to Preston
Transfer window general thread on 15:47 - Aug 1 with 3842 viewsswitchingcode

Transfer window general thread on 14:01 - Aug 1 by WadR

Woods is class, would be a top signing (and significantly weaken Brentford) but finding Swansea's attempts to recruit the most lightweight midfield in the world a little odd.

Woods, Bersant Celina, Barrie McKay to add to Little Tommy Carroll, Nathan Dyer and Routledge. A lot of pressure on Leroy Fer aka The Bouncer.

Woods going won’t weeken us good as he is and catches the eye he has scored 3 goals in nearly 200 games he’s not quick and like most of our midfield he’s on the small side.I wish him all the best and this move should set him up well financially.Was hoping more bids would come in from other clubs to up the fee which is around 7 mill but Swansea were the only bids which sits at 6 mill.Wheres Arry when you need him.
Transfer window general thread on 16:01 - Aug 1 with 3783 viewsWadR

Transfer window general thread on 15:47 - Aug 1 by switchingcode

Woods going won’t weeken us good as he is and catches the eye he has scored 3 goals in nearly 200 games he’s not quick and like most of our midfield he’s on the small side.I wish him all the best and this move should set him up well financially.Was hoping more bids would come in from other clubs to up the fee which is around 7 mill but Swansea were the only bids which sits at 6 mill.Wheres Arry when you need him.

Obviously you've seen a lot more of him than I have but he seems pretty pivotal to how you play. I don't think you have anyone comparable in the squad who is as dynamic and intelligent that can do the same job as consistently well.

Of course, Brentford have a great record of signing well after losing 'key' players so maybe you'll buy an upgrade on him but I think, similar to the whole Jota, Dean, Colin saga from last summer - you may start the season slowly because of losing him at this point.

Shame about Hugill, he's a Boro' fan isn't he? Guess it's Chris Martin for us then...
Transfer window general thread on 16:50 - Aug 1 with 3673 viewsswitchingcode

Transfer window general thread on 16:01 - Aug 1 by WadR

Obviously you've seen a lot more of him than I have but he seems pretty pivotal to how you play. I don't think you have anyone comparable in the squad who is as dynamic and intelligent that can do the same job as consistently well.

Of course, Brentford have a great record of signing well after losing 'key' players so maybe you'll buy an upgrade on him but I think, similar to the whole Jota, Dean, Colin saga from last summer - you may start the season slowly because of losing him at this point.

Shame about Hugill, he's a Boro' fan isn't he? Guess it's Chris Martin for us then...

We won all the games we played without him last season the critics would say he slows the game down,he doesn’t score enough goals,3 in the 3 seasons he’s been with us and he can get bullied.Hence Swansea looks like the only bid we have had for him.I would love him to stay but we can’t offer him the wages he will get elsewhere so he will join the rest of the decent ex players we have got used to see moving on.We have signed some young exciting players along with players who were used spairingly last season who we hope will push on.Now if Watkins and Sawyers were to go this week it would be a major set back.
Transfer window general thread on 20:35 - Aug 1 with 3496 viewsrsonist

I understand Woods had a bit of an off season by his standards but to criticise him for not being a bigger quicker goalscorer just seems churlish. None of that's really relevant to his game.
Transfer window general thread on 20:54 - Aug 1 with 3467 viewsWatford_Ranger

Is he not just someone who played really well against us once or twice rather than being a genuinely excellent player?
Transfer window general thread on 21:09 - Aug 1 with 3455 viewsrsonist

Villa the latest club to come under the advisement of not-a-relevant-person Jorge Mendes. This is a complete howling farce the EFL have got themselves into.
Transfer window general thread on 21:17 - Aug 1 with 3432 viewsTGRRRSSS

Is he still helping Wolves though?

EFL will ignore until it goes Pete Tong then hammer the club...........

Oh no hang on it's ok unless it's QPR
Transfer window general thread on 21:18 - Aug 1 with 3435 viewsNorthernr

As expected, Ipswich quickly trying to get a deal for John Nolan done from Shrewsbury. Superb player.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window general thread on 21:27 - Aug 1 with 3406 viewsTGRRRSSS

Transfer window general thread on 17:16 - Jun 6 by rsonist

Pound for pound (7.5 million of them in Sone Aluko's case) whoever's been in charge of the Fakes' transfers the last 18 months has got to be the worst executive in football.

Fakes got into a mess since Hammond left for WBA - though he's not done well there) and Madjeski left for the Thai's) New owners again so interesting to see how they start on Friday.

Also heading for FFP issues I think.
Transfer window general thread on 21:59 - Aug 1 with 3335 viewsonlyrinmoray

James Perch to ….Scunthorpe...nice
Transfer window general thread on 22:20 - Aug 1 with 3290 viewsNorthernr

Transfer window general thread on 21:27 - Aug 1 by TGRRRSSS

Fakes got into a mess since Hammond left for WBA - though he's not done well there) and Madjeski left for the Thai's) New owners again so interesting to see how they start on Friday.

Also heading for FFP issues I think.

I like McNulty, but their pre-season results are intimidating.
Transfer window general thread on 23:18 - Aug 1 with 3194 viewsswitchingcode

Transfer window general thread on 20:35 - Aug 1 by rsonist

I understand Woods had a bit of an off season by his standards but to criticise him for not being a bigger quicker goalscorer just seems churlish. None of that's really relevant to his game.

He had a good season and was fans player of the year.
Transfer window general thread on 00:28 - Aug 2 with 3164 viewsJigsore

Transfer window general thread on 21:59 - Aug 1 by onlyrinmoray

James Perch to ….Scunthorpe...nice

i'm a little surprised that someone like Bolton or Reading didn't want him to be honest. should do well.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Transfer window general thread on 01:09 - Aug 2 with 3139 viewsMyke

Transfer window general thread on 14:01 - Aug 1 by WadR

Woods is class, would be a top signing (and significantly weaken Brentford) but finding Swansea's attempts to recruit the most lightweight midfield in the world a little odd.

Woods, Bersant Celina, Barrie McKay to add to Little Tommy Carroll, Nathan Dyer and Routledge. A lot of pressure on Leroy Fer aka The Bouncer.

Bad,Bad Leroy Fer,
The baddest man in the premier,
Badder than mate Renato
Worser than West Ham's Joe
Transfer window general thread on 11:03 - Aug 2 with 2909 viewsrsonist

Transfer window general thread on 22:20 - Aug 1 by Northernr

I like McNulty, but their pre-season results are intimidating.

Baldock does a good job too I think for the price, though not a reliable scorer.

No reason not to still predict their demise but I doubt we'd have looked too clever against Fulham, Besiktas, Rubin Kazan and Palace either to be fair.
Transfer window general thread on 11:06 - Aug 2 with 2900 viewsrsonist

Transfer window general thread on 21:18 - Aug 1 by Northernr

As expected, Ipswich quickly trying to get a deal for John Nolan done from Shrewsbury. Superb player.

Looked the only footballer on the park the few times I saw Shrewsbury play.
Transfer window general thread on 11:08 - Aug 2 with 2895 viewsNorthernr

Transfer window general thread on 11:03 - Aug 2 by rsonist

Baldock does a good job too I think for the price, though not a reliable scorer.

No reason not to still predict their demise but I doubt we'd have looked too clever against Fulham, Besiktas, Rubin Kazan and Palace either to be fair.

Also lost to Eastleigh and shipped four in defeat at Wimbledon.
Transfer window general thread on 13:04 - Aug 2 with 2770 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Transfer window general thread on 11:03 - Aug 2 by rsonist

Of course last time I saw Baldock play against us. He scored one of the sweetest goals I’ve ever seen!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Transfer window general thread on 13:38 - Aug 2 with 2645 viewsTGRRRSSS

Till I read the preview on here I hadnt realised it was going THIS badly for Fakes.

Good Good Good.
Transfer window general thread on 18:26 - Aug 2 with 2396 viewsenfieldargh

Jiri Skalak who apparently Tony Bloom Brighton owner crowed that he nicked him from under our claws because we dillydallyed over his signing has signed for Millwall

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Transfer window general thread on 19:15 - Aug 2 with 2291 viewsNorthernr

Transfer window general thread on 18:26 - Aug 2 by enfieldargh

Jiri Skalak who apparently Tony Bloom Brighton owner crowed that he nicked him from under our claws because we dillydallyed over his signing has signed for Millwall

Good buy for them.
Transfer window general thread on 08:47 - Aug 3 with 2056 viewsrsonist

Ipswich now hijacking Wigan's loan move for Jordan Graham from Wolves. Looked great before serious injury, could be an outstanding signing especially with Gwion Edwards on the other wing.

Hurst suddenly looking like the second coming of Warnock. (Well, third after Wilder I suppose.)
Transfer window general thread on 10:31 - Aug 3 with 1960 viewspaulparker

Max Meyer to Palace on 175k a week !!!! it wasn't that long ago they were in Admin for what the 5th time , I hope they and them spotty little ultras go down this year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Transfer window general thread on 10:57 - Aug 3 with 1911 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Sir Les in the Standard on the transfer ban for next January...

"We can still sign players under certain conditions. Should someone go, we can bring in a free transfer on up to 75 per cent of the previous player’s salary. So if the player we let go was on £10,000 a week, we can get a free transfer on up to £7,500 a week."
Transfer window general thread on 11:04 - Aug 3 with 1877 viewsrsonist

Transfer window general thread on 08:47 - Aug 3 by rsonist

Ipswich now hijacking Wigan's loan move for Jordan Graham from Wolves. Looked great before serious injury, could be an outstanding signing especially with Gwion Edwards on the other wing.

Hurst suddenly looking like the second coming of Warnock. (Well, third after Wilder I suppose.)

Omar Bogle on loan right on cue...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024