Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren 21:55 - May 18 with 4488 viewsmylot50years

With a respected coach in place the Lone Market may become a valuable option for the coming season, after a period in which clubs have it would seem and quite
understandably so, given our previous coaching set up a thumbs down in that department, they may now look at us as being a serious environment to trust loaning their players into. And with our present financial restraints this could prove invaluable, and McClaren would be smart enough to avoid us ending up with the likes of which Brighton offloaded on us last season. We could be about to regain our credibility as a club that needs to be respected, something that was beginning to be questioned far to often by those outside of QPR.
Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 06:55 - May 19 with 4193 viewsRoller

I doubt that we have any budget in place for a loan signing of sufficient quality to make it worth our while. The wage demands of an experienced player would be too high and if we are going to gamble on a kid it may as well be one we own.
Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 09:45 - May 19 with 3983 viewsdublinr

I really hope we don't resort to loans again. The quintessence of short-termism. For the sake of the team - and the bank balance - we have to cultivate our own, especially the younger players. Nothing more depressing than seeing them benched (at best) to make space for loans who add little to the team and no value to the club.

Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 09:50 - May 19 with 3974 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done! If there was a bingo card for anti-Holloway phrases your first post was surely a full house.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 09:54 - May 19 with 3959 views2Thomas2Bowles

The light is on but no one at home

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 12:13 - May 19 with 3808 viewsBklynRanger

Didn't Chris Ramsey win an award for coaching the other day?
Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 15:15 - May 19 with 3607 viewsMatch82

The modern loan system doesn't offer the same value for money it used to, look at the likes of Stockdale and Mitrovic this past season
Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 16:15 - May 19 with 3540 viewsaston_hoop

Where Northern with the stats on how much that cart-horse Ashley Fletcher was costing to bring in on loan? or Sam Winnall?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 16:18 - May 19 with 3531 viewsrsonist

Agree with consensus that it's hardly the budget option any more now that big clubs use youth development primarily as a sideline revenue stream.

Although now I am curious how much Huddersfield spent on Palmer, Brown, Ward and Mooy in their promotion season. Anyone see anything?
[Post edited 19 May 2018 16:21]
Login to get fewer ads

Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 03:07 - May 20 with 3281 viewsmylot50years

Was just thinking from an active supporters point of view regarding central defenders and the cost to sign one if we need to, so sorry if I have upset some of you typos, those of you that rarely attend matches but are extremely sensitive to the thoughts of those that do attend, those that want to see QPR progress by the best means available to us.
Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 08:17 - May 20 with 3148 viewsdublinr

Didn't mean to be rude. I just don't think loans are the answer.
'An active supporters point of view' was a bit unnecessary. Many of us can't get to games, but we don't need reminding of that. You're right though, I am very interested in what the fans who get to see us think. That's why I come on here. Again, no offence meant.

Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 08:24 - May 20 with 3140 viewsBklynRanger

'Does anyone have a view on which central defenders might be decent loan options? Replacing Nedum would not be cheap.'

OR

'Blah blah blah look at me and my wordy, condescending, holy-than-though auld shyte.'
Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 08:40 - May 20 with 3107 viewsPunteR

Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 03:07 - May 20 by mylot50years

Was just thinking from an active supporters point of view regarding central defenders and the cost to sign one if we need to, so sorry if I have upset some of you typos, those of you that rarely attend matches but are extremely sensitive to the thoughts of those that do attend, those that want to see QPR progress by the best means available to us.

"Thinking"

Are you the non actives thinking mans active supporter.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 10:22 - May 20 with 2963 viewsCamberleyR

Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 03:07 - May 20 by mylot50years

Is it windy up there on the moral high ground?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 07:34 - May 21 with 2659 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I personally think that loans should be a last resort. For a start we need to develop our own players, either the ones at the club already or else ones we buy in. Once we develop them we should then be looking to profit from that development either through results on the field or through selling them on for a profit.

The other aspect as was mentioned in a post further up is that the loan market now seems to offer terrible value, and we are, most likely, priced out of it already.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Good Possibilities in the Loan Market Re McClaren on 08:37 - May 21 with 2589 viewsisawqpratwcity

If loans are now an income stream for Premier clubs then the only loans we could afford would be 2nd/3rd/4th/worse choices of clubs at similar level to us or below.

Looks like it's back to Plan A: 'scout well, sign cheap'.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024