Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cupski 2018 Thread 18:04 - May 20 with 99807 viewsLblock

I’ve been pretty non plussed about the Copa Mundial this year which is unusual as I’ve always loved it. Perhaps FIFA have contributed to my overall “fcuk it” view to the modern game, I’ve never felt so remote from a tournament Inger-Lund have been in.
Part of me hopes it lives up to the scam it is with Russia being awarded 317 penalties in the group stages, empty stadiums with Escape To Victory dubbed crowd cheering noises all capped off with a plucky squad of kids winning it so rhino nose becomes Sir Gareth

Current questions for those buzzing about it or who simply know:-

1. Any good Apps for iPhone anyone come across? (Preferably free)

2. Can anyone recommend a Fantasy Competition for the tournament? I’ve been asked to run one at work; think the Sun used to do a simple one; no idea if they are as I haven’t bought a newspaper this decade.

3. Any players people recommend sticking in above / hidden jems????

4. What fixtures do we think are ones to make an effort to watch out of the current group stages? May have to organise work schedule and ensure a regular spot in The Leicester Arms on Warwick Street for any midweek afternoon games

5. What nation picks up the Jules Rimet this year for you? I’m thinking probably Germany but the last time they tried to conquer all the Russia issue didn’t work out well for them

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 23:19 - Jun 22 with 2499 viewsMrSheen

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 23:14 - Jun 22 by FDC

Yeah I need to replenish now Iceland and Peru are more than likely bowing out, Croatia are very likeable -- if a little too good at football for my usual tastes
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 23:17]

Slight war criminal element among their supporters too, but don’t look too closely.

I love Peru’s death or glory approach, I hope they got out with a win (and take dull Australia with them).
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 23:21]
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 23:39 - Jun 22 with 2471 viewsBenny_the_Ball

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 00:41 - Jun 22 by QPRHoop

You do realise their route to the final was Iceland, Hungary and Austria in the group stages (they drew all of them) then Croatia, Poland on pens and Wales. And they beat France in the final basically without him so bad as much influence as you and I. Messi has got to 3 finals which included a World Cup final which so far Ronaldo hasn’t done

Again though to reiterate I enjoy watching both players and just get annoyed by the constant one upmanship by each players fanboys.

Yes their route included the same Iceland team who knocked out England, a strong Croatia team boasting the likes of Modric and Rakitic, a Wales team high on confidence having just knocked out Belgium, and France the host nation in the final. Whatever the route, winning a major trophy easily trumps losing 3 finals.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 23:44 - Jun 22 with 2458 viewsFDC

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 23:19 - Jun 22 by MrSheen

Slight war criminal element among their supporters too, but don’t look too closely.

I love Peru’s death or glory approach, I hope they got out with a win (and take dull Australia with them).
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 23:21]

"Slight war criminal element among their supporters too"

Lol. Love a bit of rogue me
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 23:47]
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 23:45 - Jun 22 with 2457 viewshopphoops

Lots of noise in Geneva tonight. And Albania flags.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 00:28 - Jun 23 with 2418 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Into week two and but for sticking the TV on in a hotel I was staying in last week, the sum total of my 2018 World Cup has been:

1. About 10 minutes of Robbie Williams (some of which was spent: taking a leak and brushing teeth); and

2. Next night turning on at the precise moment that little shit, Luis Suarez, reacted like he’d been shot following a totally innocuous contact. Wheteupon the rooms either side of me were left in no doubt about my views on the ‘rat-faced cheating c..t’ and the remote button was duly deployed.

Can’t say I’m missing it either.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 00:40 - Jun 23 with 2414 viewsFDC

@planetH

Got to say, I've watched every game -- some at work on my pc whilst doing other things admittedly -- and imo it's been a great world cup so far.

Most games have been competitive

There have been a fair few upsets

There have been some great goals

Argentina have thoroughly embarrassed themselves

Brazil are scraping through but look totally fallible

France look shit

Spain could have drawn their first two games, the second at the hands of mighty Iran, but for VAR.

Germany choked on their first game

Portugal continue to be a one man team

It's been great
[Post edited 23 Jun 2018 0:53]
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 08:27 - Jun 23 with 2305 viewseasthertsr

I've really enjoyed it so far the general standard has been quite high. Lots of late goals, controversies and VAR! One really great game and most teams going for it from the off!
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 09:53 - Jun 23 with 2244 viewsEsox_Lucius

I watched most of the England game whilst I was on holiday in Kansas but I have been deeply immersed in Diabolo: Reaper of Souls while the other games have been on. I lost all interest in the World Cup after the Japan & S.Korea tournament. Previous to that I was one of those who recorded all the matches to watch them back etc. but since the corruption and rigging of the tournament by FIFA was exposed I have found better things to do.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 13:09 - Jun 23 with 2161 viewsSnipper

The penalty Belgium were just awarded went to VAR. Hazard’s leg that was connected with for the trip was outside the area, but the other leg was inside the area.

Does that not matter?
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 13:32 - Jun 23 with 2129 viewsFDC

Another very watchable game. I can't think of a team at this world cup that has looked like it knows how to defend.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 15:26 - Jun 23 with 2049 viewsterryb

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 13:09 - Jun 23 by Snipper

The penalty Belgium were just awarded went to VAR. Hazard’s leg that was connected with for the trip was outside the area, but the other leg was inside the area.

Does that not matter?

It certainly wasn't an obvious mistake by the referee to award a penalty.

Therefore VAR couldn't have asked the ref to review his decision.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 15:38 - Jun 23 with 2035 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Gareth Southgate.

Who's changed their mind about him since his initial appointment?

I have. Handles himself well and has set some great things up.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2018 15:38]
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 17:20 - Jun 23 with 1981 viewsenfieldargh

Did I just see a South Korean player take the refs magic spray off his belt then hand it to him to mark out a free kick?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:04 - Jun 23 with 1927 views2Thomas2Bowles

Come on Sweden, here is hoping

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:17 - Jun 23 with 1911 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sweden should have had a pen, no VAR

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:18 - Jun 23 with 1912 viewsjohncharles

Looks like the Krauts have got this ref sorted. Clear penalty and a red card.
VAR my arse

Strong and stable my arse.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:33 - Jun 23 with 1889 views2Thomas2Bowles

Get in Sweden good goal

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:34 - Jun 23 with 1888 viewsbosh67

Great goal. Germany look better tonight but should be 2 down and down to 10 men. They are getting totally done at the back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:36 - Jun 23 with 1887 viewsjohncharles

The Germans, they don’t like it up ‘em.

Strong and stable my arse.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:45 - Jun 23 with 1864 views2Thomas2Bowles

German defence ripper Sweden should have had another but mess it up

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:48 - Jun 23 with 1854 views2Thomas2Bowles

German Keeper make a good save to keep then in it HT

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:53 - Jun 23 with 1843 viewsLblock

Great half of footy
End to end

Should be 1-3 really and zee jerries down to 10

Come on!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:00 - Jun 23 with 1825 viewsbosh67

The first ten minutes I thought Germany were back at it but like Argentina (at the moment) they don't look like a team. There is something wrong behind the scenes and I think it is a group of players who think they are better than they are. Perhaps the manager is telling them that they aren't as good as they think this time and they don't agree, but they're not. Whatever happens tonight they have serious issues at the back and teams like Spain and others will rip them apart if they do somehow get out the group stages.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:06 - Jun 23 with 1814 views2Thomas2Bowles

Bolx 1-1 but Sweden asleep for that

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:24 - Jun 23 with 1781 viewsbosh67

Sweden too deep and look knackered now. Germany playing much better.

Never knowingly right.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024