Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cupski 2018 Thread 18:04 - May 20 with 100869 viewsLblock

I’ve been pretty non plussed about the Copa Mundial this year which is unusual as I’ve always loved it. Perhaps FIFA have contributed to my overall “fcuk it” view to the modern game, I’ve never felt so remote from a tournament Inger-Lund have been in.
Part of me hopes it lives up to the scam it is with Russia being awarded 317 penalties in the group stages, empty stadiums with Escape To Victory dubbed crowd cheering noises all capped off with a plucky squad of kids winning it so rhino nose becomes Sir Gareth

Current questions for those buzzing about it or who simply know:-

1. Any good Apps for iPhone anyone come across? (Preferably free)

2. Can anyone recommend a Fantasy Competition for the tournament? I’ve been asked to run one at work; think the Sun used to do a simple one; no idea if they are as I haven’t bought a newspaper this decade.

3. Any players people recommend sticking in above / hidden jems????

4. What fixtures do we think are ones to make an effort to watch out of the current group stages? May have to organise work schedule and ensure a regular spot in The Leicester Arms on Warwick Street for any midweek afternoon games

5. What nation picks up the Jules Rimet this year for you? I’m thinking probably Germany but the last time they tried to conquer all the Russia issue didn’t work out well for them

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 15:21 - Jun 26 with 2572 viewsFDC

For reasons that are unclear even to me, I've backed Australia in every game so far, including against France... I've just come to terms with the fact they really are as terrible as everyone keeps telling me.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 15:34 - Jun 26 with 2546 viewskensalriser

It's fair to say that that the Luongo World Cup dividend is somewhat akin to the Brexit dividend in that it's entirely a figment of the imagination.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 16:26 - Jun 26 with 2504 viewsToast_R

France the most boring good team I've watched.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 16:40 - Jun 26 with 2486 viewsMrSheen

Mass coming home safe and sound. Ignored again by a manager who thinks everyone should be like Mark van Bommel.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 16:50 - Jun 26 with 2468 viewsvanrrrr

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 15:21 - Jun 26 by FDC

For reasons that are unclear even to me, I've backed Australia in every game so far, including against France... I've just come to terms with the fact they really are as terrible as everyone keeps telling me.

Just goes to show a championship team can make the world cup if they have non league opponents in qualifying

Thank gawd we didn't sign Leckie as was rumoured at some point...
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:40 - Jun 26 with 2381 viewsMrSheen

Is Dave Bassett coaching Nigeria?
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:01 - Jun 26 with 2366 viewsFredManRave

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 15:21 - Jun 26 by FDC

Maybe down to the fumes from the Black Moroccan you inadvertently sniffed recently.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:38 - Jun 26 with 2322 viewsStanisgod

Nigeria should be home and hosed. Bank on Argies to do a Germany
AGGGUUUEEEERRROOOOOO.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:42 - Jun 26 with 2315 viewshopphoops

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:38 - Jun 26 by Stanisgod

Nigeria should be home and hosed. Bank on Argies to do a Germany
AGGGUUUEEEERRROOOOOO.

Getting a bit frantic innit.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:46 - Jun 26 with 2312 viewshopphoops

Could Maradona be more of a cunnt?

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:10 - Jun 26 with 2257 viewswillis1980

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:46 - Jun 26 by hopphoops

Can’t stand the Argentine side, saved by handling the ball again. I hope the French actually play to their strengths and knock them out.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:13 - Jun 26 with 2246 viewsflynnbo

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:46 - Jun 26 by hopphoops

No, not really. Should be a dictionary definition though.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:17 - Jun 26 with 2236 viewsStanisgod

Someone get that bloody banner at the bottom out of the way

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:19 - Jun 26 with 2226 viewsJigsore

France please smash this awful team of c*nts, scraping past Nigeria and Iceland despite some world class players. I want to see Maradona crying tears of pure gear out of stupid fat head.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:52 - Jun 26 with 2128 viewsLblock

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:19 - Jun 26 by Jigsore

France please smash this awful team of c*nts, scraping past Nigeria and Iceland despite some world class players. I want to see Maradona crying tears of pure gear out of stupid fat head.

Gutted.... yet again

How have the Argies managed that??

Maradona is hilarious isn’t he?
Apparently rushed to hospital with exhaustion don’t you know. I’ve had some big nights out, but I don’t think I’ve ever been as exhausted as he appears to have been this evening

Geezer in work scripted it to me today, said those swines would scrape through and then win the bloody thing
Bring em on!!!

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:55 - Jun 26 with 2126 viewsFDC

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 06:05 - Jun 27 with 2026 viewsLblock

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:55 - Jun 26 by FDC

Was at the game with his friends and favourite couple.... Charlie and Avaline from Tooting

That man will be dead within 6 months

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 08:18 - Jun 27 with 1981 viewsTheChef

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 16:26 - Jun 26 by Toast_R

France the most boring good team I've watched.

Ha, well put.

They should have enough to put Argentina away, but again they probably won't need to get out of second gear. A real shame they haven't got a more attacking-minded coach, I think Deschamps is holding them back.

So I expect France, Croatia and Spain to make the Quarters. Uruguay v Portugal a close call but I think Uruguay might do a number on them - they have yet to concede a goal.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 08:55 - Jun 27 with 1955 viewsMick_S

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 06:05 - Jun 27 by Lblock

Was at the game with his friends and favourite couple.... Charlie and Avaline from Tooting

He's not impressed...

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 10:11 - Jun 27 with 1925 viewsToast_R

Ugh, just when it was all looking so good it's all reverting to pretty much type isn't it?
Germany getting that last minute winner on Sunday, seconds from being out and another bang average Argentina team with one star player, getting theirs last night. You just know the Germans will now win their group and avoid a meeting with Brazil and make yet another bloody final. You just know France will somehow cock it up against Argentina, probably on penalties. When will these team's luck ever run out?

I feel sorry for the Swede's but I really hope Mexico run through them today. Don't see much hope for South Korea. England to lose to Columbia on penalties?
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 11:21 - Jun 27 with 1864 viewsFDC

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 06:05 - Jun 27 by Lblock

I guess everyone's seen this? Check out the size of that bag on the side

[Post edited 27 Jun 2018 11:21]
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 11:28 - Jun 27 with 1854 viewsFDC

Apparently "he needed paramedic treatment due to too much white wine". I think he means "white lines", amirite? Amirite? I'm right aren't I.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/diego-maradona-video-upda

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 11:54 - Jun 27 with 1826 viewsMrSheen

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 11:28 - Jun 27 by FDC

Apparently "he needed paramedic treatment due to too much white wine". I think he means "white lines", amirite? Amirite? I'm right aren't I.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/diego-maradona-video-upda

I wouldn't rule out white spirit.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 15:24 - Jun 27 with 1727 viewsFDC

South Korea giving Germany a good game here so far. Neuer looked very nervy before, spilling a 30 yard free kick almost into the path of Son
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 15:26 - Jun 27 with 1724 viewsFDC

... and then Son completely misses the target from about 10 yards
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024