Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cupski 2018 Thread 18:04 - May 20 with 101214 viewsLblock

I’ve been pretty non plussed about the Copa Mundial this year which is unusual as I’ve always loved it. Perhaps FIFA have contributed to my overall “fcuk it” view to the modern game, I’ve never felt so remote from a tournament Inger-Lund have been in.
Part of me hopes it lives up to the scam it is with Russia being awarded 317 penalties in the group stages, empty stadiums with Escape To Victory dubbed crowd cheering noises all capped off with a plucky squad of kids winning it so rhino nose becomes Sir Gareth

Current questions for those buzzing about it or who simply know:-

1. Any good Apps for iPhone anyone come across? (Preferably free)

2. Can anyone recommend a Fantasy Competition for the tournament? I’ve been asked to run one at work; think the Sun used to do a simple one; no idea if they are as I haven’t bought a newspaper this decade.

3. Any players people recommend sticking in above / hidden jems????

4. What fixtures do we think are ones to make an effort to watch out of the current group stages? May have to organise work schedule and ensure a regular spot in The Leicester Arms on Warwick Street for any midweek afternoon games

5. What nation picks up the Jules Rimet this year for you? I’m thinking probably Germany but the last time they tried to conquer all the Russia issue didn’t work out well for them

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:48 - Jul 16 with 1764 viewsdaveB

Best World Cup I've ever seen, only a handful of dull games, every knockout game was worth watching and the final was really good as well. The return of club football feels very depressing
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 03:18 - Jul 17 with 1733 viewsisawqpratwcity

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:01 - Jul 16 by DannyPaddox

Something that came up in conversation during the game yesterday and for some reason made me laugh more than it should have. There's a French version of Paul Hardcastle's 19. So instead of ner ner ner ner nineteen it goes der der der der dix-neuf.

Well done France. To the Hugo Victors the spoils.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 14:06]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 08:04 - Jul 17 with 1679 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I know that the film you've just seen is often the best you've ever seen as you leave the cinema, only to have sunken back towards the mediocre morass by the morning. The same can happen with World Cups. This one feels different, though.

We had interesting groups, excellent knockout games, controversy, upsets, worthy winners and the overall standard was very high. Sportsmanship was not as brutal as it might have been and, most importantly, hooliganism was unexpectedly absent.

The only thing missing was a great player calling the tournament his won.

Overall, this has been my favourite World Cup.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 10:17 - Jul 17 with 1636 viewstraininvain

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/16/russia-2018-claustrophobic-foot

Jorge Valdano has been one of my favourite things about World Cup 2018.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024