Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cupski 2018 Thread 18:04 - May 20 with 100868 viewsLblock

I’ve been pretty non plussed about the Copa Mundial this year which is unusual as I’ve always loved it. Perhaps FIFA have contributed to my overall “fcuk it” view to the modern game, I’ve never felt so remote from a tournament Inger-Lund have been in.
Part of me hopes it lives up to the scam it is with Russia being awarded 317 penalties in the group stages, empty stadiums with Escape To Victory dubbed crowd cheering noises all capped off with a plucky squad of kids winning it so rhino nose becomes Sir Gareth

Current questions for those buzzing about it or who simply know:-

1. Any good Apps for iPhone anyone come across? (Preferably free)

2. Can anyone recommend a Fantasy Competition for the tournament? I’ve been asked to run one at work; think the Sun used to do a simple one; no idea if they are as I haven’t bought a newspaper this decade.

3. Any players people recommend sticking in above / hidden jems????

4. What fixtures do we think are ones to make an effort to watch out of the current group stages? May have to organise work schedule and ensure a regular spot in The Leicester Arms on Warwick Street for any midweek afternoon games

5. What nation picks up the Jules Rimet this year for you? I’m thinking probably Germany but the last time they tried to conquer all the Russia issue didn’t work out well for them

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:24 - Jun 15 with 2700 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ronaldo dives for a dodgy penalty then winks at the player he cheated (Nacho, in this case.)

Sound familiar, England?

What a filthy, base, scummy whore that lad is...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:27 - Jun 15 with 2688 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Serious goal by Costa, Pepe twenty yards away, crying and hiding.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:30 - Jun 15 with 2686 viewsted_hendrix

I'm not watching this game because by some strange universal outa space conglomerate thing I'm currently eating a Spanish omelette with two very hot fried eggs.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:43 - Jun 15 with 2665 viewsDorse

Spain away kit

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:44 - Jun 15 with 2659 viewsPunteR

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:30 - Jun 15 by ted_hendrix

I'm not watching this game because by some strange universal outa space conglomerate thing I'm currently eating a Spanish omelette with two very hot fried eggs.

You've got eggs with your omelette Ted? Thats a lot of eggs in one sitting.
My mate goes to the cafe and orders 6 fried eggs and 6 rashers of bacon and thats it!. He's a bit weird though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:44 - Jun 15 with 2659 viewsDorse

De Gea gone to the Rob Green School of Outstanding Fcukwittery

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:55 - Jun 15 with 2625 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ronaldo goes tumbling, cheating the ref and his opponent, and then winks at the poor sucker he conned.

Sound familiar? What a pr!ck he is.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:04 - Jun 15 with 2602 viewsjohncharles

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:55 - Jun 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Ronaldo goes tumbling, cheating the ref and his opponent, and then winks at the poor sucker he conned.

You don’t like him do you Brian ? Personally I think he’s a marvellous chap and I would invite him round to my house anytime
And feed him to the pigs

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:09 - Jun 15 with 2585 viewsBrianMcCarthy

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:04 - Jun 15 by johncharles

You don’t like him do you Brian ? Personally I think he’s a marvellous chap and I would invite him round to my house anytime
And feed him to the pigs

We all ran the line close as players and coaches, let's face it. None of us were born saints. But that lad is a bollix. You'd shoot the fugger if he came near your sister.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:09 - Jun 15 with 2585 viewsjohncharles

Costa’s got a great elbow on him he really is a dirty furker
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 20:10]

Strong and stable my arse.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:21 - Jun 15 with 2558 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:09 - Jun 15 by BrianMcCarthy

We all ran the line close as players and coaches, let's face it. None of us were born saints. But that lad is a bollix. You'd shoot the fugger if he came near your sister.

The geezer’s good looking, great at football, and has tons of dosh.

Hopefully he has a Hampton like a mouse.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:29 - Jun 15 with 2537 viewskensalriser

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:09 - Jun 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Not convinced he'd be interested in your sister, or anyone's!

No doubt the winding up of Nacho was to get him to retaliate later in the game.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 1:15]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:37 - Jun 15 with 2523 viewsDannyPaddox

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:43 - Jun 15 by Dorse

Spain away kit

Not bad but they seem to have put them in the wash with a new pair of Levi's.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:37 - Jun 15 with 2523 viewsBoston

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 20:04 - Jun 15 by johncharles

And feed him to the pigs

Pigs cannibals then?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:02 - Jun 15 with 2482 viewsHadders

Fantastic match. Costa's the sort of player any fan would love playing for their club; as for Ronaldo: bit of a wally, but what a flipping amazing player.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 21:09]
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:13 - Jun 15 with 2456 viewsTripleR

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:02 - Jun 15 by Hadders

Fantastic match. Costa's the sort of player any fan would love playing for their club; as for Ronaldo: bit of a wally, but what a flipping amazing player.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 21:09]

All this CR7 sh!t. I don't like him. Show pony.
He keeps looking up at the big screens in the stadiums to make sure he's on TV.
But, he always turns up at the big games, tonights performance was a bit special.
Credit where its due, fark me he's quality. And that free kick, top drawer.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:15 - Jun 15 with 2449 viewsstevec

Whatever you think of Ronaldo, the man is a quality footballer. And I think that’s what a once every four years world football tournament is meant to be about.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:19 - Jun 15 with 2444 viewsJigsore

also am I the only one here who thinks that's a nailed on penalty? Nacho's nowhere near the ball and commits himself.

fantastic game though. i'm feeling this years could be a bit special.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:22 - Jun 15 with 2437 viewsLblock

Wow.
Just wow.
Great game

The tournament has begun

And IRAN top the group!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:15 - Jun 15 with 2348 viewsDannyPaddox

Yep the World Cup party's started. The icing on the cake now would be ...

A QPR PLAYER !!!

Gwan Mass!
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 22:17]
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:59 - Jun 15 with 2294 viewsBenny_the_Ball

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:55 - Jun 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Usually your a voice of reason Brian but in this case your view is clearly biased by your dislike of Ronaldo.

That was a stonewall penalty; Ronaldo was tripped. And the bottle he showed to slot it home after serious time wasting and gamesmanship by the Spanish was second to none.

As for Costa's goals, not in the same league as either Nacho's drive or Ronaldo's free kick.

Love or loathe him Ronaldo's a genius footballer, one that the English and Irish would love amongst their ranks.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 01:02 - Jun 16 with 2211 viewsbob566

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:59 - Jun 15 by Benny_the_Ball

Usually your a voice of reason Brian but in this case your view is clearly biased by your dislike of Ronaldo.

That was a stonewall penalty; Ronaldo was tripped. And the bottle he showed to slot it home after serious time wasting and gamesmanship by the Spanish was second to none.

As for Costa's goals, not in the same league as either Nacho's drive or Ronaldo's free kick.

Love or loathe him Ronaldo's a genius footballer, one that the English and Irish would love amongst their ranks.

This. Stonewall penalty. Amazing player. Yes he hams up to the cameras and its the ronaldo show but hes brilliant
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 01:19 - Jun 16 with 2200 viewstimcocking

He's as gay as a man can be, but what a player. Amazing.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 03:10 - Jun 16 with 2170 viewsBrianMcCarthy

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:59 - Jun 15 by Benny_the_Ball

I don't believe I'm biased towards Cristiano Ronaldo, I'm just judging him on his merits. Tonight he dived. Yet again. And winked, Yet again. If Portugal were playing England tonight, what would the headlines be? Again.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 08:01 - Jun 16 with 2059 viewsdistortR

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 03:10 - Jun 16 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't believe I'm biased towards Cristiano Ronaldo, I'm just judging him on his merits. Tonight he dived. Yet again. And winked, Yet again. If Portugal were playing England tonight, what would the headlines be? Again.

ah mate, what a great game, and without Ronaldo it would just have been a wonderful Spanish performance.
Was working alongside a couple of Portugese blokes yesterday, one has next to no English, and when I bemoaned the fact that Adel Taarabt wasn't in the world cup to someone else, he came over, said Adel Taarabt and shook my hand!
The who's, the what's and the why's escape me, but there is now a bond.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024