Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
God help us if true. 10:40 - May 21 with 4150 viewsSnipper

Chris Martin is a poor mans Matt Smith. As for Ward......

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/steve-mcclaren-lining-up-reunion-with-two-form
God help us if true. on 10:49 - May 21 with 3482 viewsHooparoo

Looks like bollocks to me. One of Norf’s infamous “click bait” sites.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

God help us if true. on 10:52 - May 21 with 3458 viewsHunterhoop

God help us if true. on 10:49 - May 21 by Hooparoo

Looks like bollocks to me. One of Norf’s infamous “click bait” sites.

But even if true, let's perhaps wait until they've played a couple of games before judging.

I remember a certain Neil Warnock bringing in a couple of old cloggers he'd worked with before in his career, in Derry and Hill, signings which were panned at the time, but turned out quite well.

There is nothing wrong with giving McClaren a chance.
God help us if true. on 11:05 - May 21 with 3400 viewsstevec

Much better hold up player than Matt Smith.

Was good at Derby and good at Fulham, only doubt is he always seemed to be puffing even when younger and wonder whether physique is catching up with him.
God help us if true. on 11:25 - May 21 with 3353 viewsNorthernr

God help us if true. on 11:05 - May 21 by stevec

Much better hold up player than Matt Smith.

Was good at Derby and good at Fulham, only doubt is he always seemed to be puffing even when younger and wonder whether physique is catching up with him.

Reading away this year he was absolutely embarrassing.

This post has been edited by an administrator
God help us if true. on 11:30 - May 21 with 3318 viewsqprd

martin is a much better player than smith, and quite different too...

he was definitely overweight this season... but who knows, if hes out of contract in a year, he may have an incentive to actually get fit and play well... could be a decent shout in the right circumstances. not my first choice, though
God help us if true. on 11:51 - May 21 with 3260 viewsHooparoo

God help us if true. on 10:52 - May 21 by Hunterhoop

But even if true, let's perhaps wait until they've played a couple of games before judging.

I remember a certain Neil Warnock bringing in a couple of old cloggers he'd worked with before in his career, in Derry and Hill, signings which were panned at the time, but turned out quite well.

How did you manage to think I was criticising Maclaren? I was commenting on the likely spurious nature of the story.

For the record, I’m comfortable with Steve as he did a good job previously but we shall see won’t we.

God help us if true. on 11:56 - May 21 with 3240 viewsHunterhoop

God help us if true. on 11:51 - May 21 by Hooparoo

How did you manage to think I was criticising Maclaren? I was commenting on the likely spurious nature of the story.

For the record, I’m comfortable with Steve as he did a good job previously but we shall see won’t we.

Christ, calm down. I didn't. My point was in relation to the OP, but followed directly on from your point about the site likely being nonsense..."But even if ..."

It wasn't having a go at you. It just making a broad point about patience and witholding judgement if the story turned out to be true. I felt that was the more important point than "the story is probably not legit".

Chill.
God help us if true. on 12:04 - May 21 with 3204 viewsHooparoo

God help us if true. on 11:56 - May 21 by Hunterhoop

Christ, calm down. I didn't. My point was in relation to the OP, but followed directly on from your point about the site likely being nonsense..."But even if ..."

It wasn't having a go at you. It just making a broad point about patience and witholding judgement if the story turned out to be true. I felt that was the more important point than "the story is probably not legit".

Chill.

Fair enough. Agree that we all need to be patient and one thing I’ve learned the hard way following the Rs for forty years is that things rarely turn out the way we think they will.

Let’s all try to be positive. 😃

Login to get fewer ads

God help us if true. on 12:14 - May 21 with 3136 viewssimmo

This is clickbait shite with no foundation besides that Martin played for McLaren and we might need a striker.

Other than that, Martin is fat and shite.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

God help us if true. on 12:21 - May 21 with 3091 viewsjohncharles

He’s had his chance. Been here a whole weekend. Allardyce is available.

Strong and stable my arse.

God help us if true. on 12:38 - May 21 with 3016 viewsMrSheen

God help us if true. on 12:21 - May 21 by johncharles

He’s had his chance. Been here a whole weekend. Allardyce is available.

Absolutely. The fact that he's failed to attract players of the calibre of Chris Martin tells us everything we need to know about him.

Sven is looking for a new challenge.
God help us if true. on 12:48 - May 21 with 2957 viewsQPR_John

"in Derry and Hill, signings which were panned at the time, but turned out quite well. "

Very good point. Was not over the moon with those signings and how wrong I was so since then I leave it to the professionals.
God help us if true. on 12:58 - May 21 with 2906 viewsAntti_Heinola

While he'll have his own ideas on signings and will no doubt want a player he's managed before, as all managers like to do, he said clearly in his interview he sees this as a coaching job. It's unlikely Les, Penny, Mel and the team are now going to chuck all their research in the bin and just sign four players from Derby instead. So let's calm down.

Bare bones.

God help us if true. on 13:07 - May 21 with 2867 viewsTacticalR

God help us if true. on 12:58 - May 21 by Antti_Heinola

While he'll have his own ideas on signings and will no doubt want a player he's managed before, as all managers like to do, he said clearly in his interview he sees this as a coaching job. It's unlikely Les, Penny, Mel and the team are now going to chuck all their research in the bin and just sign four players from Derby instead. So let's calm down.

I find a daily meltdown keeps me in trim.

Air hostess clique

God help us if true. on 13:09 - May 21 with 2853 viewsAshdown_Ranger

God help us if true. on 12:48 - May 21 by QPR_John

"in Derry and Hill, signings which were panned at the time, but turned out quite well. "

Very good point. Was not over the moon with those signings and how wrong I was so since then I leave it to the professionals.

Conversely, the 'professionals' also signed Bosingwa, Samaba, Luke Young et al....

Seems to be a complete lottery whether a player lives up to he promise or not.

Maybe the research and diligence reported of Penrice will swing things round a little more in our favour...
God help us if true. on 13:17 - May 21 with 2817 viewsCamberleyR

If fit and in shape he's an at worst 1 in 3 Championship striker. His first few years at Derby were good (62 goals in 3 seasons). It seems he's lost his way there and perhaps needs a fresh start and McClaren did seem to get the best out of him before he left for Newcastle. On a free or nominal fee and sensible wages I don't think it'd be the worst shout. I'd definitely take anything from HITC with a large pinch of salt though. A site that nearly makes GWL credible.
[Post edited 21 May 2018 13:39]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

God help us if true. on 13:36 - May 21 with 2751 viewskensalriser

A professional athlete still in his 20s and can't keep in shape...I think we've had enough wasters at QPR for now, haven't we?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

God help us if true. on 13:57 - May 21 with 2682 viewsEsox_Lucius

Chris "poor mans Grant Holt" Martin, AKA The Human Wardrobe.

The grass is always greener.

God help us if true. on 13:58 - May 21 with 2674 viewsNorthernr

God help us if true. on 13:36 - May 21 by kensalriser

A professional athlete still in his 20s and can't keep in shape...I think we've had enough wasters at QPR for now, haven't we?

Just went and looked that up because I thought you couldn't possibly be right. 29. Un-fcking-believable.
God help us if true. on 14:07 - May 21 with 2647 viewsWatford_Ranger

Not sure how anyone can conclude Martin > Smith on recent form. Heavier maybe.

I like Ward as a Mackie type. Seems the right sort but we are a bit overloaded with wide players.
God help us if true. on 14:09 - May 21 with 2633 viewsNorthernr

God help us if true. on 14:07 - May 21 by Watford_Ranger

Not sure how anyone can conclude Martin > Smith on recent form. Heavier maybe.

I like Ward as a Mackie type. Seems the right sort but we are a bit overloaded with wide players.

I've always liked Ward, but he's 32 now, and like you say in the position we're absolutely the most well off for players in. We want to be picking Jamie Ward ahead of Eze, Smyth, Wszolek, Freeman, Samuel etc?
God help us if true. on 14:27 - May 21 with 2572 viewsWatford_Ranger

God help us if true. on 14:09 - May 21 by Northernr

I've always liked Ward, but he's 32 now, and like you say in the position we're absolutely the most well off for players in. We want to be picking Jamie Ward ahead of Eze, Smyth, Wszolek, Freeman, Samuel etc?

If he comes in and Washington goes I could understand it. Wzolek will probably leave and if I was BOS I’d be wanting a loan move.
God help us if true. on 14:34 - May 21 with 2549 viewsaston_hoop

God help us if true. on 14:27 - May 21 by Watford_Ranger

If he comes in and Washington goes I could understand it. Wzolek will probably leave and if I was BOS I’d be wanting a loan move.

If I was BOS, I'd be hoping to make the left wing position my own next season. He's good enough.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

God help us if true. on 14:34 - May 21 with 2547 viewsRANGERS4EVER

God help us if true. on 14:27 - May 21 by Watford_Ranger

I'd like to see BOS start more next season. I'm not sure a loan is necessary considering from what I've seen he has looked like a dangerous player. Depends what formation we use I guess, but if I was BOS and they told me I'm getting loaned out to bring in a player like Ward instead id be a bit annoyed

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

God help us if true. on 02:48 - May 22 with 2102 viewstimcocking

It would surely be ludicrous to consider Chris Martin when we already have Matt Smith? That would concern me.

Ps I don't know him that well, but he's a slow and cumbersome target man, is he not?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024