Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren's first 'presser' 11:23 - May 21 with 13837 viewsNorthernr

Very much hoping he does this in a cockney accent. Updates and embellishments to follow.

Ok here he is, it's a beautiful day on Steve McClaren's Hair Island.

Had a good three months here before, the dressing room needed sorting out. The last two years have been very good, getting the house in order. I'm excvited by the squad, have missed coaching and building a team. The squad is very good, young, enthusiastic, attitude, can play football.

No targets been set for him. Priority is winning, and winning in a certain style, believes this squad can achieve it.

Young players handled last season well, to go forwards and win consistently you need experience around that youth. Been in two days, had half a day with Les, sitting down next two days to discuss resources and where we go from here.

Club is in recovery. It's stable. Now it needs to be taken forward.

SkyBot 2.0 is fishing for transfer news natch. Keeps straight batting it.

Chris Martin and Jamie Ward - over the next few days and weeks we'll be linked with everybody. We've got time to sit down and plan and look ahead.

Not about budgets, big playersh, championsh league. Brentford, Millwall, Bristol City have shown you don't have to have a massive budget to compete and be near the play-offs. Over the next year we want to go forward, the club has stabilised, we'll add experience to the squad and try to progress.

Find out the budget over the next few days. Everybody knows the troubles QPR has experienced, the FFP, that's taken the club backwards. I've got to credit everybody behind the scenes here, the recruitment and stabilising over the last two years, definitely over the next year or two it's now in a position where it can go forward.

Sky are now asking about how Steve would feel about facing Fat Frank Fcking Lampard if he gets the Ipswich manager's job. I am absolutely not wasting our fcking time typing this bit up. Cnts.

Woman with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own from the BBC is now asking marginally better questions.

Enjoyed the time here last time, loved the club, the supporters and the stadium, there's a great tradition here.

Says the best team lost the play-off final with a wry smile, always been intrigued with what's going on, kept in touch with Tony Fernandes. The club has good owners and is in a position to move forwards. A lot has changed, looking forward to getting started.

It's a coaching job, developing players, building a team.

Good relationship with Les. Ex-pro, interesting transition into a director of football role, QPR legend, planning the season with him over the next few days.

Win the first game is all we're thinking about. Get everything in order, good pre-season, win the first game.

Timing of signings doesn't matter, just about getting the right players. Already spoken with Gary Penrice and over the last two years the recruitment, the young players they've brought in, have been very good. We want that to continue.

Now asking about advice for Gareth Southgate - from a man who never went to a tournament. Talk among yourselves. Young Squad. Will surprise people. Etc Etc.

I'll put the tennis on for you while this nonsense is going on.

Oh and that's your lot. It's finished. Nothing groundbreaking. Two wnky Sky questions.

This post has been edited by an administrator
McClaren's first 'presser' on 16:33 - May 22 with 2796 viewsrsonist

McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:27 - May 21 by JAPRANGERS

Sorry if I’ve missed it but do we know who is McClaren’s assistant yet??

Dave Mc says it may be announced tonight. Not Carsley (or Gerry) apparently.

Shame about Not Carsley if true - didn't know for sure if he was really any good of course but it would be good to have a new variable in there (someone he hasn't failed with before) to attach some optimism to.

Paul Simpson his former assistant at Newcastle is happy in the England youth set-up but is also in the betting for the Derby job.
McClaren's first 'presser' on 16:39 - May 22 with 2773 viewsisawqpratwcity

McClaren's first 'presser' on 14:47 - May 22 by Antti_Heinola

Where was all this 'fulfilled his remit' chat under JFH?
He offloaded high earners, gave chances to youngsters and we would have finished safe but above the relegation places.
Where was his sympathy? Why didn't the club stab him in the back?
While I would have let Ollie keep going, I don't get all this hand-wringing at all.

Now there I agree with you. And while we're on the subject, when Ramsey was sacked we were 14th. Doubtless he was a victim of Fernandes' change of intention to then bounce straight back into the Premier, but, as recent form goes, he wasn't doing that badly.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

McClaren's first 'presser' on 18:02 - May 22 with 2711 viewsessextaxiboy

McClaren's first 'presser' on 14:47 - May 22 by Antti_Heinola

Where was all this 'fulfilled his remit' chat under JFH?
He offloaded high earners, gave chances to youngsters and we would have finished safe but above the relegation places.
Where was his sympathy? Why didn't the club stab him in the back?
While I would have let Ollie keep going, I don't get all this hand-wringing at all.

Thats judging him against Holloways remit , I am not sure what his was.

Holloway has years of credit in the bank with us . JFH had none .

Its not hand wringing , its anger at the lack of class and respect shown to a bloke who loves the same club that we do . The rumours were on here for 10 days before they sacked him .

Its not Mclarens fault , but when you hear his self imposed ambition for the season and you look at the picture of him posted on here " up for the job and raring to get started " my heart sinks a bit ...just the way I feel
McClaren's first 'presser' on 19:38 - May 22 with 2570 viewsEsox_Lucius

JFH never stood a chance with a large number of fans. Same with Chris Ramsey.

The grass is always greener.

McClaren's first 'presser' on 21:01 - May 22 with 2462 viewsRangersw12

McClaren's first 'presser' on 19:38 - May 22 by Esox_Lucius

JFH never stood a chance with a large number of fans. Same with Chris Ramsey.

Why's that?
McClaren's first 'presser' on 21:24 - May 22 with 2429 viewsRoller

McClaren's first 'presser' on 16:33 - May 22 by rsonist

Dave Mc says it may be announced tonight. Not Carsley (or Gerry) apparently.

Shame about Not Carsley if true - didn't know for sure if he was really any good of course but it would be good to have a new variable in there (someone he hasn't failed with before) to attach some optimism to.

Paul Simpson his former assistant at Newcastle is happy in the England youth set-up but is also in the betting for the Derby job.

There was some guy from Kidderminster on Report last weekend saying that there were rumours out his way suggesting that their manager, John Eustace, was going to be McClaren's assistant. Eustace was captain for Derby when McClaren was manager.
McClaren's first 'presser' on 21:29 - May 22 with 2422 viewsLythamR

JFH Remit had to be to get us promoted otherwise Ramsey didn't need replacing
McClaren's first 'presser' on 21:55 - May 22 with 2378 viewsNorthLondonR

McClaren's first 'presser' on 15:18 - May 22 by simmo

I think with JFH it was the monotony. It was properly dull at times with a reliance on Chery doing something. I remember there was one game against Reading which made me want to claw the eyes straight out of my head… You’re right in as much as he did what was asked of him, for the most part, but the manner in which he did it meant a lot of people welcomed a change without having much animosity for him. I said it earlier but I think if we’d have parted company with Holloway before he made the change to a back 4, before the football improved, before the young players started coming in a doing bits, we’d have much less of this reaction from fans.

Holloways stock was fairly high when the decision was made and I think that’s the difference.

Pardon me but this monotony
Is killing off a part of me,
It's part and parcel of my heart that bleeds partially,
These bastards even wanna eat off our artistry,
But they can hardly see what I see..

So said JET, aah 'enery, Coley Kpekawa, Polts, that fella we let walk out to join Brentford or some such.
Login to get fewer ads

McClaren's first 'presser' on 10:12 - May 25 with 2138 viewsAshdown_Ranger

OK.

What's happened to the report that McClaren's assistant would be 'announced in 24 hours'.... er, 48 hours ago???

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:03 - May 25 with 2062 viewsTacticalR

Life seems so dull, weary and meaningless without announcements.

Air hostess clique

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:31 - May 25 with 2029 viewsLincoln_Hoop

McClaren's first 'presser' on 10:12 - May 25 by Ashdown_Ranger

OK.

What's happened to the report that McClaren's assistant would be 'announced in 24 hours'.... er, 48 hours ago???

Eustace just announced.
McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:38 - May 25 with 1993 viewsBklynRanger

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:31 - May 25 by Lincoln_Hoop

Eustace just announced.

Seems that they were just waiting for Ashdown to ask about this
McClaren's first 'presser' on 12:01 - May 25 with 1938 viewsconnell10

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:38 - May 25 by BklynRanger

Seems that they were just waiting for Ashdown to ask about this

So when things turn sour its Wally and Useless!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

McClaren's first 'presser' on 12:08 - May 25 with 1912 viewsDorse

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:31 - May 25 by Lincoln_Hoop

Eustace just announced.

He looks delighted.

Obviously had to retire from playing due to a freak smiling injury.
[Post edited 25 May 2018 12:09]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

McClaren's first 'presser' on 15:00 - May 25 with 1809 viewshubble

I like McClaren's longer interview on the official site.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/steve-mcclarens-first-qpr-interview/

(in case people haven't seen it)
McClaren's first 'presser' on 17:03 - May 25 with 1704 viewsAshdown_Ranger

McClaren's first 'presser' on 15:00 - May 25 by hubble

I like McClaren's longer interview on the official site.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/steve-mcclarens-first-qpr-interview/

(in case people haven't seen it)

Listening to that, I was still half-expecting him to break into a Dutch accent...
McClaren's first 'presser' on 17:17 - May 25 with 1691 viewsPinnerPaul

The 'target' is top 6 - all the players in the season review interviews said it.

You can't have a lower target than the players, so top 6 it is!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024