Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren's first 'presser' 11:23 - May 21 with 13964 viewsNorthernr

Very much hoping he does this in a cockney accent. Updates and embellishments to follow.

Ok here he is, it's a beautiful day on Steve McClaren's Hair Island.

Had a good three months here before, the dressing room needed sorting out. The last two years have been very good, getting the house in order. I'm excvited by the squad, have missed coaching and building a team. The squad is very good, young, enthusiastic, attitude, can play football.

No targets been set for him. Priority is winning, and winning in a certain style, believes this squad can achieve it.

Young players handled last season well, to go forwards and win consistently you need experience around that youth. Been in two days, had half a day with Les, sitting down next two days to discuss resources and where we go from here.

Club is in recovery. It's stable. Now it needs to be taken forward.

SkyBot 2.0 is fishing for transfer news natch. Keeps straight batting it.

Chris Martin and Jamie Ward - over the next few days and weeks we'll be linked with everybody. We've got time to sit down and plan and look ahead.

Not about budgets, big playersh, championsh league. Brentford, Millwall, Bristol City have shown you don't have to have a massive budget to compete and be near the play-offs. Over the next year we want to go forward, the club has stabilised, we'll add experience to the squad and try to progress.

Find out the budget over the next few days. Everybody knows the troubles QPR has experienced, the FFP, that's taken the club backwards. I've got to credit everybody behind the scenes here, the recruitment and stabilising over the last two years, definitely over the next year or two it's now in a position where it can go forward.

Sky are now asking about how Steve would feel about facing Fat Frank Fcking Lampard if he gets the Ipswich manager's job. I am absolutely not wasting our fcking time typing this bit up. Cnts.

Woman with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own from the BBC is now asking marginally better questions.

Enjoyed the time here last time, loved the club, the supporters and the stadium, there's a great tradition here.

Says the best team lost the play-off final with a wry smile, always been intrigued with what's going on, kept in touch with Tony Fernandes. The club has good owners and is in a position to move forwards. A lot has changed, looking forward to getting started.

It's a coaching job, developing players, building a team.

Good relationship with Les. Ex-pro, interesting transition into a director of football role, QPR legend, planning the season with him over the next few days.

Win the first game is all we're thinking about. Get everything in order, good pre-season, win the first game.

Timing of signings doesn't matter, just about getting the right players. Already spoken with Gary Penrice and over the last two years the recruitment, the young players they've brought in, have been very good. We want that to continue.

Now asking about advice for Gareth Southgate - from a man who never went to a tournament. Talk among yourselves. Young Squad. Will surprise people. Etc Etc.

I'll put the tennis on for you while this nonsense is going on.

Oh and that's your lot. It's finished. Nothing groundbreaking. Two wnky Sky questions.

This post has been edited by an administrator
McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:30 - May 21 with 6465 viewsBklynRanger

Didn't they just play the same guy off-camera recounting his same story about coming home the following day to decorators (or something), but 5 mins apart? So do they put this out on a slight delay? Eh? What?
McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:39 - May 21 with 6387 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hopefully we'll be able to put the cheese question to bed early. That said, if he comes back with 'gouda' as his answer, he'll be one foot out the door for some.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:42 - May 21 with 6361 viewsLythamR

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:39 - May 21 by PlanetHonneywood

Hopefully we'll be able to put the cheese question to bed early. That said, if he comes back with 'gouda' as his answer, he'll be one foot out the door for some.

cheese question shelved in favour of questions about Southgate and world cup

who are these shitheads, if you havent got a question about QPR piss off
McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:43 - May 21 with 6350 viewsrichranger

Sounds like Penrice and Co are staying
McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:43 - May 21 with 6342 viewsaston_hoop

Good to know what he thinks of the fact that Frank Lampard could potentially be a manager and Gareth Southgates ability to handle pressure in the World Cup...

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:45 - May 21 with 6293 views2Thomas2Bowles

To sum up
I don't know, wait and see
I don't know, wait and see...............................................

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:47 - May 21 with 6257 viewsPlanetHonneywood

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:42 - May 21 by LythamR

cheese question shelved in favour of questions about Southgate and world cup

who are these shitheads, if you havent got a question about QPR piss off

Joined it late, so not sure if asked.

Maybe QPR need one of those ticker-tape things running along the bottom. BREAKING NEWS: McLaren lines up Stilton for first home game...streaming past.

Just a thought.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:49 - May 21 with 6242 viewsMytch_QPR

The dressing room needed sorting out?

Is he talking about a coat of paint and some new coat hooks? - and if this is given priority when will the hand dryer be fixed in the Ellerslie Rd bogs?

These are the important things.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:49 - May 21 with 6237 viewsBklynRanger

I thought he seemed a bit cranky.
McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:51 - May 21 with 6208 viewsCroydonCaptJack

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:45 - May 21 by 2Thomas2Bowles

To sum up
I don't know, wait and see...............................................

What did you expect out of interest?
His starting eleven for the first game?
McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:53 - May 21 with 6178 viewsLythamR

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:47 - May 21 by PlanetHonneywood

Joined it late, so not sure if asked.

Maybe QPR need one of those ticker-tape things running along the bottom. BREAKING NEWS: McLaren lines up Stilton for first home game...streaming past.

Just a thought.

Yup

Breaking News ... Nothing to see here please move along ... Breaking News ... Nothing to s.....
McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:54 - May 21 with 6177 viewsSuperhoop83

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:43 - May 21 by aston_hoop

Good to know what he thinks of the fact that Frank Lampard could potentially be a manager and Gareth Southgates ability to handle pressure in the World Cup...

Christ on a bendy bus, that Lampard question may be the worst ever press conference question among some fierce competition. "What do you think of a man who played for a club QPR fans hate, who has no relationship with QPR whatsoever, who has never managed a club before, who has never even been involved with Championship football, being the subject of a vague rumour that he might manage a club that has nothing to do with the club you have just taken over?"

Suffering since 1978.

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:54 - May 21 with 6170 viewsDannyPaddox

Peter Van der Valk or Dick Van Dyke? Accent update plz.
McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:55 - May 21 with 6161 viewsLythamR

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:49 - May 21 by Mytch_QPR

The dressing room needed sorting out?

Is he talking about a coat of paint and some new coat hooks? - and if this is given priority when will the hand dryer be fixed in the Ellerslie Rd bogs?

These are the important things.

He was referring to his previous period under Redknapp with that dressing room comment
McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:56 - May 21 with 6148 viewsNorthernr

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:54 - May 21 by Superhoop83

Christ on a bendy bus, that Lampard question may be the worst ever press conference question among some fierce competition. "What do you think of a man who played for a club QPR fans hate, who has no relationship with QPR whatsoever, who has never managed a club before, who has never even been involved with Championship football, being the subject of a vague rumour that he might manage a club that has nothing to do with the club you have just taken over?"

That was right up there on the cringe-o-meter with when they used to ask Chris Ramsey to speak for all black people on this week's big race issue.
McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:57 - May 21 with 6140 viewskropotkin41

I think the worst question came after that. Didn't some idiot ask if he felt that Dodgy Harry had helped his managerial career out by giving him those 3 months at QPR?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:58 - May 21 with 6125 viewsdaveB

It was done to fill a section on Sky where they talk about Lampard, happens all the time where managers are asked about other things in football which can then be used in different reports. Was a regular thing when Redknapp was manager
McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:59 - May 21 with 6110 viewsLunarJetman

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:57 - May 21 by kropotkin41

I think the worst question came after that. Didn't some idiot ask if he felt that Dodgy Harry had helped his managerial career out by giving him those 3 months at QPR?

Its almost like these plums have to think of something to ask so they can show they've been there. "Look boss, that's me asking that question. I really was there and not down the pub!"
McClaren's first 'presser' on 12:11 - May 21 with 6014 viewsMick_S

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:49 - May 21 by BklynRanger

I thought he seemed a bit cranky.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

McClaren's first 'presser' on 12:19 - May 21 with 5925 viewspaulparker

who really cares , its all soundbites , I don't mind old stevie boy but we all know he will be gone in less than 18 months under toothless Tony

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

McClaren's first 'presser' on 12:21 - May 21 with 5907 viewskingo

Just saw a bit of it on Sky and when talking about finances, he said that we had had to pay the FFP fine. Hopefully it was not an error and that is all behind us now.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

McClaren's first 'presser' on 12:30 - May 21 with 5831 viewsdaveB

McClaren's first 'presser' on 12:21 - May 21 by kingo

Just saw a bit of it on Sky and when talking about finances, he said that we had had to pay the FFP fine. Hopefully it was not an error and that is all behind us now.

We'll have to pay a fine, it's just a case of how much
McClaren's first 'presser' on 12:37 - May 21 with 5774 viewskingo

McClaren's first 'presser' on 12:30 - May 21 by daveB

We'll have to pay a fine, it's just a case of how much

He said that we had paid it and that had put us back financially. Hopefully it has been done and with no press release.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:12 - May 21 with 5552 viewsrobith

Didn't someone from Sky once ask Harry who he thought was going to win the Masters? That's still my nadir
McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:21 - May 21 with 5488 viewsJAPRANGERS

Thanks for the write up Clive. I was going to watch the press thing but got stuck at work so missed it. And thanks for the melons video eh I mean tennis video!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024