Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Experienced' Centre Back 13:33 - May 25 with 7073 viewsPinnerPaul

Seems to be universally accepted that we need one of these old/experienced/past it/overpaid/slow/veterans - whatever you want to call them

Sooooooo who is going to be

I'll kick off with a couple to get you to bite!

James Collins - Just released by Laurel & Hardy at West Ham

Richard Keogh - You just know that SMc will sign one or two 'old boys' - most managers do sign former players

Any more suggestions to get everyone's heart rate up?
'Experienced' Centre Back on 14:34 - May 26 with 2579 viewsbosh67

'Experienced' Centre Back on 13:42 - May 25 by Northernr

Firstly, doesn't necessarily need to be experienced, because Lynch and Baptiste are experienced, they just need to be good, because Lynch and Baptiste aren't very good.

Secondly, if those two useless old fcking dogs are the best/only options we are absolutely bang in trouble.

I thought Baptiste turned out to be a bit of a revelation to be honest. Considering he was brought in as cover and spent a lot of the season almost single handedly keeping the opposition out while Lynch operated as the pace car for the Titanic, I felt he earn't his keep. Quite often was MOTM in mid season. Definitely useful to have around.

Lynch could, if he really cared, be a good CB but he has Mathew Rose injury skills and a second job as Father Christmas.

Getting Max Ehmer back could be an option? 26 now and captain at Gillingham. Have a Gills mate who says he is pretty decent and consistent. Knows the club and would probably develop again under McClaren.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

'Experienced' Centre Back on 16:35 - May 26 with 2507 viewsCiderwithRsie

'Experienced' Centre Back on 14:34 - May 26 by bosh67

I thought Baptiste turned out to be a bit of a revelation to be honest. Considering he was brought in as cover and spent a lot of the season almost single handedly keeping the opposition out while Lynch operated as the pace car for the Titanic, I felt he earn't his keep. Quite often was MOTM in mid season. Definitely useful to have around.

Lynch could, if he really cared, be a good CB but he has Mathew Rose injury skills and a second job as Father Christmas.

Getting Max Ehmer back could be an option? 26 now and captain at Gillingham. Have a Gills mate who says he is pretty decent and consistent. Knows the club and would probably develop again under McClaren.

Ehmer's a very interesting call, I was hoping that he'd come through for us, it'd be pretty satisfying if he came back here successfully. And as you say, captains his club and according to wiki captained his age group all through his youth.
'Experienced' Centre Back on 18:44 - May 26 with 2422 viewsVancouverHoop

Costa Rica's CB in the upcoming WC is this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendall_Waston

He's 30 years old, been with Vancouver for four years and captain for the past two. He's excellent in the air and has goals from set pieces in him. He's also been very good at schooling younger players around him. How he'd settle in the UK is – or even whether he'd want to come – is, of course, a question. But we could do a lot worse.
'Experienced' Centre Back on 19:32 - May 26 with 2376 viewsconnell10

John terry?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

'Experienced' Centre Back on 08:59 - May 27 with 2230 viewsfrancisbowles

'Experienced' Centre Back on 19:32 - May 26 by connell10

John terry?

End of thread🤕
'Experienced' Centre Back on 18:41 - May 27 with 2115 viewsEsox_Lucius

I was impressed by "Toto" Nsiala of Shrewsbury in todays League 1 PO final. Didn't get flustered under pressure, always had his head up in possession and made some nice passes. I looked him up and he is 26, plays for DR Congo and has around 230 senior appearances in the football league.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 18:48]

The grass is always greener.

'Experienced' Centre Back on 19:10 - May 27 with 2093 viewskingo

I saw somewhere that we are one of several teams interested in Conor Goldson of Brighton but seems Rangers are very interested but he seems reluctant

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

'Experienced' Centre Back on 19:41 - May 27 with 2069 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

'Experienced' Centre Back on 18:41 - May 27 by Esox_Lucius

I was impressed by "Toto" Nsiala of Shrewsbury in todays League 1 PO final. Didn't get flustered under pressure, always had his head up in possession and made some nice passes. I looked him up and he is 26, plays for DR Congo and has around 230 senior appearances in the football league.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 18:48]

Shrewsbury: ‘Toto, we’ve had some interest from QPR. What do you think?’

Toto: ‘It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you’
Login to get fewer ads

'Experienced' Centre Back on 23:51 - May 27 with 1968 viewsBlameMcLintock

'Experienced' Centre Back on 19:41 - May 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Shrewsbury: ‘Toto, we’ve had some interest from QPR. What do you think?’

Toto: ‘It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you’

QPR: 'Toto, we need an experienced center half - preferably better than the Ferdinands - are you interested?

Toto: 'I didn't know you were looking for more than I could ever be'
'Experienced' Centre Back on 00:18 - May 28 with 1952 viewsjoolsyp

'Experienced' Centre Back on 18:44 - May 26 by VancouverHoop

Costa Rica's CB in the upcoming WC is this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendall_Waston

He's 30 years old, been with Vancouver for four years and captain for the past two. He's excellent in the air and has goals from set pieces in him. He's also been very good at schooling younger players around him. How he'd settle in the UK is – or even whether he'd want to come – is, of course, a question. But we could do a lot worse.

Great call - love Waston and think he could be a Danny Shittu mk II for us. Not sure whether he'd swap Vancouver for London though? I'd imagine if he puts in some good performances in the World Cup he'll get better offers in Europe (even at 30).
'Experienced' Centre Back on 02:22 - May 28 with 1910 viewsVancouverHoop

'Experienced' Centre Back on 00:18 - May 28 by joolsyp

Great call - love Waston and think he could be a Danny Shittu mk II for us. Not sure whether he'd swap Vancouver for London though? I'd imagine if he puts in some good performances in the World Cup he'll get better offers in Europe (even at 30).

Me neither. He's got a family too and may not be looking for any sort of move at this stage. He's definitely got the tools though.
'Experienced' Centre Back on 10:08 - May 28 with 1759 viewsstevec

'Experienced' Centre Back on 14:23 - May 26 by onlyrinmoray

In true QPR style I remember him playing at right back never in the middle Its what we do

No he did play centre half for sometime, regularly getting beat up by opposing centre forwards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024