Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
today the big one 14:27 - May 27 with 5011 viewsDannyPaddox

Cmon Shrewsbury. As well as being a team I have a soft spot for I fancy that awayday next season. Went to the Old Gay Meadow (not to be confused when the Old Grey Whistle Test) but remember little about it as I was a keen underage drinker at the time. I grew out of that though. Now I'm just a drinker.

Go the Shrews! Do it for Derek.

today the big one on 17:02 - May 27 with 4394 viewswelwynranger

1 all . Extra Time now. I love the play offs
today the big one on 17:46 - May 27 with 4337 viewsBluce_Ree

I think I saw us beat them 4-0 in my first ever attended match. It was basically a million years ago though. Rotherham going up. Weren't they stuck in the same division for like 30 years or some shit?

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

today the big one on 17:51 - May 27 with 4316 viewsstevec

So all 3 that went down come straight back up again.

That leaves just us, Brentford, Millwall and the Fakes playing in the Northern League.
today the big one on 18:01 - May 27 with 4298 viewsWatford_Ranger

today the big one on 17:51 - May 27 by stevec

So all 3 that went down come straight back up again.

That leaves just us, Brentford, Millwall and the Fakes playing in the Northern League.

Could there be six grimmer teams coming into the league?

Some midweek slogs to look forward to.
today the big one on 18:49 - May 27 with 4212 viewsBoston

Wigan, long hike from the station, though unusual walking down the tow path. Think that pub at Wigan Pier may be gone.

Blackburn, not keen on the journey, by car is boring, from Euston is a mistake because of the arsing around in Manchester, Kings Cross and change at York is also a drag.

Rotherham, never been, sounds grim.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swansea, no idea, been there but not for football. Mind you a bloke told me you can go on the piss after the game and catch an overnight sleeper back to Paddington. Sounds like a viable option.

Stoke, ok trip, always enjoyed the pubs though had to be alert for potential fisticuffs. Recall a trip up there cancelled due to an 'earthquake' damaging a stand at their old ground.

WBA, easy enough, no real pro's or cons about the place 'cept one of my brother in laws follows 'em. A couple of years ago some of the whipper snappers in the White Horse told me their chaps were rather keen of causing us injury citing a number of ungentlemanly incidents, but whether this was organized or just their bad luck god only knows.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 18:52]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

today the big one on 19:06 - May 27 with 4174 viewsrunningman75

Disappointed as my sister lives in Powys and have been via Shrewsbury so was hoping to plan a visit via watching the r's.
today the big one on 19:13 - May 27 with 4162 viewsBoston

Any chance of a reduced price copy of AKUTR's has also disappeared.

today the big one on 19:36 - May 27 with 4131 viewsBoston

For the attention of Mr Paddox. Not keen on the blandness of style, but function over form I suppose.

Login to get fewer ads

today the big one on 10:29 - May 28 with 3881 viewsDannyPaddox

Oh well. Rotherham it is. A place I've managed to avoid so far. Did someone say B&Q?

today the big one on 10:54 - May 28 with 3845 views18StoneOfHoop

today the big one on 19:36 - May 27 by Boston

For the attention of Mr Paddox. Not keen on the blandness of style, but function over form I suppose.

I went to Gay Meadow during the 82/83 Venables promotion season - I think it was a 0-0 draw

They had a coracle boatman on standby for when the ball fell in the river.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 11:12]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

today the big one on 11:02 - May 28 with 3837 views18StoneOfHoop

today the big one on 10:29 - May 28 by DannyPaddox

Oh well. Rotherham it is. A place I've managed to avoid so far. Did someone say B&Q?

Remember I think during the 1982/3 Venables promotion season Simon Stainrod getting a clattering from their basic agricultural Sheffieild born centre half Paul Stannicliffe when Emlyn 'Crazy Horse' Hughes was their manager.. So when the ref's back was turned, Simon flobbed on him full straight in the face and was ready to fight...I think he was sensibly subbed.
LATER EDIT: Stainrod v Stanncliffe might have been afters from the season before The Extraordinary Battle Of Millmoor 27th March 1982 the week before the WBA FA Cup Semi-Final epic of Clive Allen's knee at Highbury.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 16:23]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

today the big one on 11:25 - May 28 with 3810 viewsCamberleyR

today the big one on 11:02 - May 28 by 18StoneOfHoop

Remember I think during the 1982/3 Venables promotion season Simon Stainrod getting a clattering from their basic agricultural Sheffieild born centre half Paul Stannicliffe when Emlyn 'Crazy Horse' Hughes was their manager.. So when the ref's back was turned, Simon flobbed on him full straight in the face and was ready to fight...I think he was sensibly subbed.
LATER EDIT: Stainrod v Stanncliffe might have been afters from the season before The Extraordinary Battle Of Millmoor 27th March 1982 the week before the WBA FA Cup Semi-Final epic of Clive Allen's knee at Highbury.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 16:23]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

today the big one on 12:25 - May 28 with 3748 viewsisawqpratwcity

today the big one on 11:25 - May 28 by CamberleyR

I thought Fenwick was hard done by, there. Whether his arm made contact with Hughes or not, you see Hughes still going for the ball and then getting it full in the face. I reckon that is what dropped him.

No footage of Hucker's incident, either.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

today the big one on 13:03 - May 28 with 3698 viewsDannyPaddox

Love the cheesy synth 'Big Game' theme. Lots of curious nuggets from yore. The Rotherham school kids being led around the pitch before the game like hostages. Ian Dawes debut. Gerry 'Grecian 2000' Gow trying to break his ankle. Even greyer than Gow's hair the South Yorkshire spring skyline. Bob Hazell getting the racist stuff. Peter Hooker (sic) nearly put down by the local vet. Steve Burke going in goal. The game descending into a brawl worthy of Get Carter. And all throughout the sound of a drunken klaxon though it could've been the afternoon shift at the local colliery clocking off. Took my mind of a bank holiday hangover for half an hour. Fascinating. And I never realised the similarity between Derek Dougan and Feargal Sharkey.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 13:21]
today the big one on 16:19 - May 28 with 3605 views18StoneOfHoop

Thank-you CamberleyR what a YouTube discovery! Absolutely flabbergasted by those 35 minute infamous Battle of Millmoor March 27th 1982 highlights - so much incident! - 3 Sendings off 6 bookings Goalkeeper Peter Hucker kicked in the throat, shyte incompetent camerawork totally misses it <d'oh!> Hucker hospitalised, 14 minutes of injury time, ineffective Referee Alan Banks lost control and ran away to the dressing room when he blew time.

[Post edited 29 May 2018 0:11]

today the big one on 18:09 - May 28 with 3496 viewsPunteR

Great vid. Some of those tackles were hilarious. Some brilliant football being played as well.
That was the team i first started supporting as a lad. Cheers CamberleyR

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

today the big one on 19:10 - May 28 with 3452 viewsDannyPaddox

Hooked on these now. This one's very enjoyable viewing.

Emlyn Hughes in 1983 is getting a Rotherham team playing attractive attacking football. That Townley bloke is amazing. Going down the left and the right wings. I don't remember him at all. I wonder what happened to Crazy Horse's managerial career. Did he just sell his soul to Question of Sport.

Look away now if you don't want to know the score.

😎
today the big one on 19:26 - May 28 with 3437 viewsCamberleyR

today the big one on 19:10 - May 28 by DannyPaddox

Hooked on these now. This one's very enjoyable viewing.

Emlyn Hughes in 1983 is getting a Rotherham team playing attractive attacking football. That Townley bloke is amazing. Going down the left and the right wings. I don't remember him at all. I wonder what happened to Crazy Horse's managerial career. Did he just sell his soul to Question of Sport.

Look away now if you don't want to know the score.

😎

The season after they over achieved and flirted with promotion in 1981/82, they reverted to type and struggled eventually getting relegated. A 4-0 tonking at Loftus Road in March when we were cruising to the title did for the squeaky voiced one and he was sacked two days later, never to return to football management.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

today the big one on 21:20 - May 28 with 3363 viewsDannyPaddox

today the big one on 19:26 - May 28 by CamberleyR

The season after they over achieved and flirted with promotion in 1981/82, they reverted to type and struggled eventually getting relegated. A 4-0 tonking at Loftus Road in March when we were cruising to the title did for the squeaky voiced one and he was sacked two days later, never to return to football management.

That much is True. We have an impression that sacking managers of relegation-troubled teams is a modern phenomenon and there it is happening in 83. Rotherham still went down. Hughes went on to play for Melchester Rovers along side the Kemp brothers of Spandau Ballet. Waaat!?

[Post edited 28 May 2018 22:01]
today the big one on 21:51 - May 28 with 3328 viewsBoston

today the big one on 18:09 - May 28 by PunteR

Great vid. Some of those tackles were hilarious. Some brilliant football being played as well.
That was the team i first started supporting as a lad. Cheers CamberleyR

What was it like supporting Rotherham at a south west London school, Norman?

today the big one on 08:23 - May 29 with 3190 viewspaulparker

today the big one on 21:20 - May 28 by DannyPaddox

That much is True. We have an impression that sacking managers of relegation-troubled teams is a modern phenomenon and there it is happening in 83. Rotherham still went down. Hughes went on to play for Melchester Rovers along side the Kemp brothers of Spandau Ballet. Waaat!?

[Post edited 28 May 2018 22:01]

I actually have that copy at of Roy of the Rovers in my mums loft , I also have the one when Melchester rovers were ambushed by terrorist's on their bus wiping out half the team

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

today the big one on 11:31 - May 29 with 3113 viewsisawqpratwcity

Not finding a thread on this, I'll just say that I'd have much rather Exeter had got promoted than Coventry.

Boo.

today the big one on 11:45 - May 29 with 3102 viewsDannyPaddox

today the big one on 11:31 - May 29 by isawqpratwcity

Not finding a thread on this, I'll just say that I'd have much rather Exeter had got promoted than Coventry.

Boo.

I would've preferred Exeter over Coventry too. But with Fulham and Cov winning it was a good weekend for old Jim.

today the big one on 12:31 - May 29 with 3048 viewsisawqpratwcity

today the big one on 11:45 - May 29 by DannyPaddox

I would've preferred Exeter over Coventry too. But with Fulham and Cov winning it was a good weekend for old Jim.

No question, Hill was an amazing force in football.

But, on the other hand, f*ck Coventry.

today the big one on 12:55 - May 29 with 3018 viewsDannyPaddox

today the big one on 12:31 - May 29 by isawqpratwcity

No question, Hill was an amazing force in football.

But, on the other hand, f*ck Coventry.

I'm divided regarding Coventry. It gave us the magnificence of 2-Tone but it also gave us ...

Richard Keys!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024