Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa in financial meltdown 12:11 - May 28 with 21727 viewsenfieldargh

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/25/aston-villa-facing-financial-dis

Well they didnt make it and John Terry's career ended like a long wet fart...shame

So if all this is true which other clubs will find themselves up a creek without a paddle?

Boro splashed out big time last season, it failed

Norwich although getting money in for Murphy and a few others also splashed the cash.

Sheff Weds i recall Clive saying that they were right in the doodoo

Reading spent a fortune and paid off a whole coaching team plus Paul clements enticement

Birmingham, cant believe the tosh re Smithies, surely facing a transfer embargo

Forest? Another big spender along with long time falter experts Derby

Besides us who else?

Preston keep adding possible gems to their squad, they offloaded Hurgill to West Ham for 10M+ last season so are probably well managed financially.

Brentford, Millwall ,Ipswich have their heads screwed on the right way. Cant see Blades or the 3 promoted teams going gung ho

Of the relegated prem teams they have got some serious off loading of players to do.

Interesting to see how they regroup, if they can sell the likes of Fer and other Prem failures in a World Cup year with fresh talent on show to the highest bidders.

Think its going to be fun and hope our tight knit band including exciting young players will play a relaxed, fun and attacking brand of football without the financial pressures from board room level having highly paid low motivated players needing to succeed.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Villa in financial meltdown on 16:08 - May 29 with 5322 viewsJuzzie

Modern football is sickening. Becoming the equivalent of the old Italian Lira, they just need to knock a couple noughts off the end and things will still be OK. Players won't starve.
Villa in financial meltdown on 17:49 - May 29 with 5164 viewsTW_R

Villa in financial meltdown on 16:08 - May 29 by Juzzie

Modern football is sickening. Becoming the equivalent of the old Italian Lira, they just need to knock a couple noughts off the end and things will still be OK. Players won't starve.

Agreed. If those numbers are remotely accurate the average salary at Burton was just shy of £200k a year. That's just f*cking nuts!
Villa in financial meltdown on 19:18 - May 29 with 5061 viewsdanehoop

Villa in financial meltdown on 18:00 - May 28 by PunteR

We're still quite high up the list considering our finished league position as well. Robinson, Onouha and Mackie going will drop us down a bit, depending on who we bring in of course.

That list refers to the 2016-17 season, not the one that’s just finished. At that point we had the end of redcraps and others e pensive cast offs working there through their retirement funding plans. At 5he end of that season we lost a lot of high earners off the wage bill and this season the very last of the most expensive contracts has expire. Would be surprised if our wage bill was more than 2/3rds of the 2016/17 season this year, and expect it to be even lower in the coming season. Painful work, but we will start to see the benefit as the parachute payments end.

Never knowingly understood

Villa in financial meltdown on 00:30 - May 30 with 4831 viewsPunteR

Villa in financial meltdown on 19:18 - May 29 by danehoop

That list refers to the 2016-17 season, not the one that’s just finished. At that point we had the end of redcraps and others e pensive cast offs working there through their retirement funding plans. At 5he end of that season we lost a lot of high earners off the wage bill and this season the very last of the most expensive contracts has expire. Would be surprised if our wage bill was more than 2/3rds of the 2016/17 season this year, and expect it to be even lower in the coming season. Painful work, but we will start to see the benefit as the parachute payments end.

Yep, understand now, thought it was last seasons. If it was(which it isnt) you could sort of understand why the board were more anxious and decided to press the trigger. But it wasnt and it was the season of all the big contracts and mess from before , which brings us back round to asking why Holloway got the sack when he obviously helped get the club back on an even keel.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Villa in financial meltdown on 03:42 - May 30 with 4765 viewsisawqpratwcity

Villa in financial meltdown on 00:30 - May 30 by PunteR

Yep, understand now, thought it was last seasons. If it was(which it isnt) you could sort of understand why the board were more anxious and decided to press the trigger. But it wasnt and it was the season of all the big contracts and mess from before , which brings us back round to asking why Holloway got the sack when he obviously helped get the club back on an even keel.

You still don't see what a decidedly mediocre, even poor, manager Holloway was.

I wonder if it is just a matter of time before you and others will be able to see it, but given how many still cannot bring themselves to criticise Warnock's performance in his Premier season, I doubt it.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Villa in financial meltdown on 08:41 - May 30 with 4653 viewspaulparker

Villa in financial meltdown on 03:42 - May 30 by isawqpratwcity

I wonder if it is just a matter of time before you and others will be able to see it, but given how many still cannot bring themselves to criticise Warnock's performance in his Premier season, I doubt it.

Here we go again , talking absolute bollox as usual
why don't you crawl out of whatever pit you live in and actually go to a game , then you might get an idea of the improvements that have actually been made with a young team instead of looking at BBC stats
clown

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Villa in financial meltdown (n/t) on 08:58 - May 30 with 4618 viewsisawqpratwcity

Villa in financial meltdown on 08:41 - May 30 by paulparker

why don't you crawl out of whatever pit you live in and actually go to a game , then you might get an idea of the improvements that have actually been made with a young team instead of looking at BBC stats
clown

Villa in financial meltdown (n/t) on 18:28 - May 30 with 4469 viewsdanehoop

Villa in financial meltdown (n/t) on 08:58 - May 30 by isawqpratwcity

Is there a link to the bbc stats clown

Login to get fewer ads

Villa in financial meltdown on 19:38 - May 30 with 4414 viewsPunteR

We wanted a mediocre manager for a mid table mediocre team. We're not ready for a promotion push and we have no money so we needed a manager to galvanize team spirit and not get relegated. Ollie did what was asked of him. The question is will MaClaren successfully do pretty much the same thing as Ramsey, JFH and Holloway or will he take to the next level and win us 13 more points to get us in the top 10.?

Villa in financial meltdown on 14:21 - May 31 with 4179 viewsisawqpratwcity

Villa in financial meltdown on 19:38 - May 30 by PunteR

We wanted a mediocre manager for a mid table mediocre team. We're not ready for a promotion push and we have no money so we needed a manager to galvanize team spirit and not get relegated. Ollie did what was asked of him. The question is will MaClaren successfully do pretty much the same thing as Ramsey, JFH and Holloway or will he take to the next level and win us 13 more points to get us in the top 10.?

Oh you have got to be kidding me. We wanted a mediocre manager? We're not ready for a promotion push?

I don't think anybody with a lick of sense was relieved when we lost. Go on, go tell 2T2B that you were glad when we didn't win. You'll make his day.

Villa in financial meltdown on 16:51 - May 31 with 4083 viewsPunteR

Villa in financial meltdown on 14:21 - May 31 by isawqpratwcity

Oh you have got to be kidding me. We wanted a mediocre manager? We're not ready for a promotion push?

I don't think anybody with a lick of sense was relieved when we lost. Go on, go tell 2T2B that you were glad when we didn't win. You'll make his day.

What on earth are you going on about? Who says i wanted us to lose? So are you saying they employed Holloway because they thought he's the best manager out there..?
Was Holloways remit to get us promoted. ?

Villa in financial meltdown on 17:01 - May 31 with 4038 viewsTacticalR

Villa in financial meltdown on 16:51 - May 31 by PunteR

What on earth are you going on about? Who says i wanted us to lose? So are you saying they employed Holloway because they thought he's the best manager out there..?
Was Holloways remit to get us promoted. ?

It's very hard to know what anyone's remit is at QPR.

All we know is that every now and then Fernandes is found wandering in the street announcing that the squad is good enough for promotion. It's very sad.

Air hostess clique

Villa in financial meltdown on 17:26 - Jun 5 with 3659 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Missed a tax payment, CEO suspended, facing winding up order (though payment to be made within a couple of day)...

Is Paladini in charge there...???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44376099
Villa in financial meltdown on 17:35 - Jun 5 with 3628 viewsNorthernr

It's basically just like watching early days Tony Fernandes all over again with their chairman.
Villa in financial meltdown on 17:52 - Jun 5 with 3572 viewsdanehoop

Villa in financial meltdown on 17:35 - Jun 5 by Northernr

It's basically just like watching early days Tony Fernandes all over again with their chairman.

The difference is fernandes always paid the tax man.

Villa in financial meltdown on 19:09 - Jun 5 with 3451 viewsterryb

Villa in financial meltdown on 17:26 - Jun 5 by Ashdown_Ranger

Missed a tax payment, CEO suspended, facing winding up order (though payment to be made within a couple of day)...

Is Paladini in charge there...???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44376099

They must be in competition with their neighbours as to which club is most broke!
Villa in financial meltdown on 20:24 - Jun 5 with 3330 viewsdaveB

He's not a poor manager, far from it, you don't achieve what he has by being poor at the job. He's not the best by a long shot but twice he came into QPR when we were at rock bottom and twice he has dragged our arse off the floor and improved the club.
Villa in financial meltdown on 21:15 - Jun 5 with 3252 viewssmegma

Villa in financial meltdown on 08:41 - May 30 by paulparker

clown

And you never even mentioned how patronising he is.
Villa in financial meltdown on 22:08 - Jun 5 with 3171 viewsrsonist

Thought FFP was still navigable for Villa (and the tax delay an admin blunder) but this changes the situation completely if true:

[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 22:12]
Villa in financial meltdown on 23:11 - Jun 5 with 3041 viewsCiderwithRsie

Villa in financial meltdown on 20:24 - Jun 5 by daveB

He's not a poor manager, far from it, you don't achieve what he has by being poor at the job. He's not the best by a long shot but twice he came into QPR when we were at rock bottom and twice he has dragged our arse off the floor and improved the club.

Damn right.

"Poor" is like "great" or "legend", subjective and relative. But Ian Holloway did hell of a lot of good for this club when no-one else would touch us - twice.

I think it was time to move on but I still have the very greatest respect and affection for Ian Holloway as a player, as a manager, and as a man. The fact that he may have limitations in all three categories makes his ability to rise above them all the more impressive.

In our history he is up there with Mangnall, Stock, Jago, Sexton, Venables, and Francis. Possibly not in ability but certainly in importance.
Villa in financial meltdown on 23:17 - Jun 5 with 3031 viewsPunteR

Villa in financial meltdown on 23:11 - Jun 5 by CiderwithRsie

Damn right.

"Poor" is like "great" or "legend", subjective and relative. But Ian Holloway did hell of a lot of good for this club when no-one else would touch us - twice.

I think it was time to move on but I still have the very greatest respect and affection for Ian Holloway as a player, as a manager, and as a man. The fact that he may have limitations in all three categories makes his ability to rise above them all the more impressive.

In our history he is up there with Mangnall, Stock, Jago, Sexton, Venables, and Francis. Possibly not in ability but certainly in importance.

I'm confused .com . So he's better than mediocre is what you were saying earlier?

Villa in financial meltdown on 23:24 - Jun 5 with 3017 viewsCiderwithRsie

Villa in financial meltdown on 23:17 - Jun 5 by PunteR

I'm confused .com . So he's better than mediocre is what you were saying earlier?

I've never said he was mediocre. I've said I think he's erratic and that this summer is the right time to move on. Also that I think his emotional state is a cause for concern in the interests of both the club and himself.

In mid-season when some were calling for him to be sacked I was for keeping him in post until the end of the season.

But the main thing is that whether you think he should have been sacked or kept, respect is due for what he's done for us.
Villa in financial meltdown on 00:12 - Jun 6 with 2970 viewsPunteR

Villa in financial meltdown on 23:24 - Jun 5 by CiderwithRsie

I've never said he was mediocre. I've said I think he's erratic and that this summer is the right time to move on. Also that I think his emotional state is a cause for concern in the interests of both the club and himself.

In mid-season when some were calling for him to be sacked I was for keeping him in post until the end of the season.

But the main thing is that whether you think he should have been sacked or kept, respect is due for what he's done for us.

Sorry mate, i was getting you confused with Isaw.

Villa in financial meltdown on 09:13 - Jun 6 with 2766 viewsTheChef

Villa in financial meltdown on 17:35 - Jun 5 by Northernr

Moral of the story is - don't have an owner called Tony.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Villa in financial meltdown on 11:45 - Jun 6 with 2645 viewsmakaveli1882

I got them to go down at 11/1 yesterday afternoon after a tip off, dropped to 8s overnight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024