Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa in financial meltdown 12:11 - May 28 with 21783 viewsenfieldargh

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/25/aston-villa-facing-financial-dis

Well they didnt make it and John Terry's career ended like a long wet fart...shame

So if all this is true which other clubs will find themselves up a creek without a paddle?

Boro splashed out big time last season, it failed

Norwich although getting money in for Murphy and a few others also splashed the cash.

Sheff Weds i recall Clive saying that they were right in the doodoo

Reading spent a fortune and paid off a whole coaching team plus Paul clements enticement

Birmingham, cant believe the tosh re Smithies, surely facing a transfer embargo

Forest? Another big spender along with long time falter experts Derby

Besides us who else?

Preston keep adding possible gems to their squad, they offloaded Hurgill to West Ham for 10M+ last season so are probably well managed financially.

Brentford, Millwall ,Ipswich have their heads screwed on the right way. Cant see Blades or the 3 promoted teams going gung ho

Of the relegated prem teams they have got some serious off loading of players to do.

Interesting to see how they regroup, if they can sell the likes of Fer and other Prem failures in a World Cup year with fresh talent on show to the highest bidders.

Think its going to be fun and hope our tight knit band including exciting young players will play a relaxed, fun and attacking brand of football without the financial pressures from board room level having highly paid low motivated players needing to succeed.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Villa in financial meltdown on 12:42 - May 28 with 10046 viewsisawqpratwcity

It will be interesting to see if Villa go into fire-sale mode to try to escape FFP or if they double down and risk it all on getting promotion.

It could even be that what happens with our FFP decision will decide what they do.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Villa in financial meltdown on 13:12 - May 28 with 9974 viewsTacticalR

'Interesting to see how they regroup, if they can sell the likes of Fer and other Prem failures in a World Cup year with fresh talent on show to the highest bidders.'

Good old Fer. Seems to have developed a speciality in interdivisional snakes and ladders.

Air hostess clique

Villa in financial meltdown on 13:18 - May 28 with 9939 viewsPlanetHonneywood

So you’re saying they’re all motivated sellers and might be ripe for cheeky bids from us?

Excellent, let the spree begin!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Villa in financial meltdown on 13:23 - May 28 with 9929 viewsEsox_Lucius

Do you think £5k a week would be enough to tempt James Chester?

The grass is always greener.

Villa in financial meltdown on 14:30 - May 28 with 9751 viewsrsonist

Feeble speculative article really. "Will inevitably be plunged into doubt" yeah cheers pal, do some work.

The thing about FFP (in my limited understanding) is that a firesale isn't always in your best interests - yes you get the wages off the bill but unless you recoup a good proportion of what was spent you record a loss on the asset value.

They'd get decent wedge for Chester and Grealish, Amavi at Marseille, plus the possibility of a big sell-on for Adama Traore. Kodija another big one if injuries haven't permanently banjaxed him. A lot of the old EPL garbage was out of contract and off anyway.

What will probably remain is a decent core of the Championship players they haven't got a consistent tune out of yet (Hourihane, Hogan, Bree, Adomah) and the fruits of a strong youth system that's barely been used (Green, Davis, O'Hare). Which is what the fans wanted anyway.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bruce gets lost and they finally go for Dean Smith at Brentford who's a lifelong Villa fan and suits their needs completely.
Villa in financial meltdown on 17:29 - May 28 with 9263 viewsTopCat34

This looks like last season but grim reading for them. Pretty sure they did some expensive buys this year,as well

Villa in financial meltdown on 18:00 - May 28 with 9150 viewsPunteR

Villa in financial meltdown on 17:29 - May 28 by TopCat34

This looks like last season but grim reading for them. Pretty sure they did some expensive buys this year,as well

We're still quite high up the list considering our finished league position as well. Robinson, Onouha and Mackie going will drop us down a bit, depending on who we bring in of course.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Villa in financial meltdown on 18:10 - May 28 with 9113 viewsQPR_John

Villa in financial meltdown on 18:00 - May 28 by PunteR

We're still quite high up the list considering our finished league position as well. Robinson, Onouha and Mackie going will drop us down a bit, depending on who we bring in of course.

I'd be surprised if Aston Villa will be seen to break FFP but if so ther punishment will be nowhere near ours
Login to get fewer ads

Villa in financial meltdown on 18:10 - May 28 with 9113 viewsjohncharles

Villa in financial meltdown on 12:42 - May 28 by isawqpratwcity

It will be interesting to see if Villa go into fire-sale mode to try to escape FFP or if they double down and risk it all on getting promotion.

It could even be that what happens with our FFP decision will decide what they do.

We pick up Terry for song 😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😈😈😈😈

My spell checker changed Terry to Derry 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Strong and stable my arse.

Villa in financial meltdown on 18:16 - May 28 with 9094 viewsterryb

I'm not certain that achieving promotion next season would stop the EFL persuing any claim against Villa.

They would have completed the three year cycle & so would be liable for any fine that was imposed. Whether this would mean taking court action against the club rather than waiting until they next appear in the EFL may be open to discussion.

Alternatively, Villa may decide to just pay up if they have achieved the promised land of millionaire clubs! Another year from them spending like the last two, would be flaunting the rules as badly as we did in the 2013/14 season.
Villa in financial meltdown on 19:00 - May 28 with 8933 viewsCiderwithRsie

Villa in financial meltdown on 18:10 - May 28 by johncharles

We pick up Terry for song 😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😈😈😈😈

My spell checker changed Terry to Derry 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

The only point of buying Terry for a song would be to make him go on loan to Syria
Villa in financial meltdown on 19:43 - May 28 with 8819 viewsTacticalR

It's not cheap getting into the world elite.

Tony Xia hopes revamp will turn Aston Villa into one of world’s top three clubs
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/19/tony-xia-revamp-aston-villa-top

Air hostess clique

Villa in financial meltdown on 22:26 - May 28 with 8496 viewsNortholt_Rs

Wow those stats are even more horrible for Holloway....finished 16th with the league’s 7th highest wage bill. That’s appalling.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Villa in financial meltdown on 22:46 - May 28 with 8431 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Villa in financial meltdown on 22:26 - May 28 by Northolt_Rs

Wow those stats are even more horrible for Holloway....finished 16th with the league’s 7th highest wage bill. That’s appalling.

Well no. That's not true.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Villa in financial meltdown on 22:47 - May 28 with 8429 viewsTacticalR

A significant part of that was Caulker's bar tab.

Air hostess clique

Villa in financial meltdown on 22:48 - May 28 with 8421 viewsCamberleyR

Those figures are for the 16-17 league season not last season.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Villa in financial meltdown on 00:12 - May 29 with 8266 viewskensalriser

Also don't forget he only spent 3/6 and half a book of Green Shield stamps on transfers.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Villa in financial meltdown on 01:33 - May 29 with 8187 viewstimcocking

FFP complete bollox.

Personally, no matter how many times we are told about it, it's such an unfair rule that i remain unconvinced it's enforcable. Feels more likely our owners use it as an excuse to avoid the bottomless pit wanted by most supporters.

But who really knows?
(No subject) (n/t) on 07:45 - May 29 with 8017 viewsBlue_Castello

Villa in financial meltdown on 22:48 - May 28 by CamberleyR

Those figures are for the 16-17 league season not last season.

Exactly with all the good work Les and Ollie did last year our average wage will have reduced significantly, would not be surprised if we are now closer to the 10,000 bracket.

Ollie inherited all the players on high wages and he did a tough job managing the team whilst shifting players off the books and keeping the team competitive.

Villas figure for last season could well be significantly higher than the 29,000, they had the racist on loan at a reportedly 80,000 a week plus Grabban, Snodgrass and Johnstone on loan from Premier league clubs.
The table shows you can be competitive with a lower budget Preston are working small miracles and I hate to say it so are Brentford, smart management and very shrewd transfer business.
[Post edited 29 May 2018 8:12]
(No subject) (n/t) on 07:57 - May 29 with 7983 viewsdistortR

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:45 - May 29 by Blue_Castello

Exactly with all the good work Les and Ollie did last year our average wage will have reduced significantly, would not be surprised if we are now closer to the 10,000 bracket.

Ollie inherited all the players on high wages and he did a tough job managing the team whilst shifting players off the books and keeping the team competitive.

Villas figure for last season could well be significantly higher than the 29,000, they had the racist on loan at a reportedly 80,000 a week plus Grabban, Snodgrass and Johnstone on loan from Premier league clubs.
The table shows you can be competitive with a lower budget Preston are working small miracles and I hate to say it so are Brentford, smart management and very shrewd transfer business.
[Post edited 29 May 2018 8:12]

when perch, caulker and jet leaving lowers your wage bill significantly, you know that you need to learn from past mistakes.
Villa in financial meltdown on 08:53 - May 29 with 7850 viewsMytch_QPR

It's going to come down to players being offloaded - possibly at a loss - and taking reduced wages. Most clubs won't want, or be able to, spend big.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Villa in financial meltdown on 09:20 - May 29 with 7791 viewssimmo

I'd be very interested to see the updated version of this, you can bet Birmingham aren't anywhere close to 10k average any more... We would have improved too.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Villa in financial meltdown on 10:40 - May 29 with 7671 viewsqprd

Villa in financial meltdown on 14:30 - May 28 by rsonist

Feeble speculative article really. "Will inevitably be plunged into doubt" yeah cheers pal, do some work.

The thing about FFP (in my limited understanding) is that a firesale isn't always in your best interests - yes you get the wages off the bill but unless you recoup a good proportion of what was spent you record a loss on the asset value.

They'd get decent wedge for Chester and Grealish, Amavi at Marseille, plus the possibility of a big sell-on for Adama Traore. Kodija another big one if injuries haven't permanently banjaxed him. A lot of the old EPL garbage was out of contract and off anyway.

What will probably remain is a decent core of the Championship players they haven't got a consistent tune out of yet (Hourihane, Hogan, Bree, Adomah) and the fruits of a strong youth system that's barely been used (Green, Davis, O'Hare). Which is what the fans wanted anyway.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bruce gets lost and they finally go for Dean Smith at Brentford who's a lifelong Villa fan and suits their needs completely.

I would be shocked if FFP considers non-cash P&L items in its computations...

in any event, villa were truly embarrassing with their squad this year:

Just consider the striker position:
-they bought Kodja last year for 11m
-they bought McCormack last year for 12m
-they bought Hogan last year for 12m

that's 35m in transfer fees in one year for three strikers who don't even start, one they shipped off to Australia

but because 35m wasn't enough on forwards, villa signed grabben on loan from Bournemouth for a decent fee, id imagine

they've signed other good players like hourihane and Lansbury on significant transfer fees, signed terry on likely high wages, paid loan fees for decent prem prospects like onomah from spurs, signed end of career scrapheap players like jedinak Whelan el mohammdy samba on likely decent wages. and they already have some highly paid players like adomah on the squad

2017-2018 villa is basically 13-14 QPR, except we were lucky enough to go up in the playoffs
Villa in financial meltdown on 11:33 - May 29 with 7569 viewsCamberleyR

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tony-xia-villa-ffp

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Villa in financial meltdown on 15:42 - May 29 with 7303 viewsrsonist

Villa in financial meltdown on 11:33 - May 29 by CamberleyR

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tony-xia-villa-ffp

"Scott Hogan has been a disappointment and I've seen his contract and that's eye-watering."

Pretty remarkable if he's not exaggerating - no one else in the bidding for him, never played at higher level. Makes even less sense that the contract we gave Robinson.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024