Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo 14:01 - Jun 1 with 5307 viewsozranger

Had a decent run in the Aussies 4-0 thumping of the Czech Republic. Would not want to be in the Czech training sessions over the next few days. They were poor. Luongo did quite well and rarely had a poor pass especially when compared to Mooy who was errant quite a bit and Rogic who also had some problems in the first half. The big difference between Mooy and Luongo is that Mooy cannot defend for the life of him and is too slow when chasing. Sainsbury was quite solid.
Luongo on 14:19 - Jun 1 with 5246 viewsSydneyRs

What the hell has happened to the Czech Republic? They used to be quite good, although I guess that was 20 years ago.

Getting stuffed 4-0 by a team that finished behind Saudi Arabia and Iran in world cup qualifying, had to go through playoffs against Syria and Honduras and whose best players are championship and Scottish premier league (except Mooy) standard is pretty embarrassing. I hope for their sake they weren't fielding a full strength team!
[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 14:20]
Luongo on 15:13 - Jun 1 with 5128 viewsLblock

Perhaps I should wake up and smell the coffee with Luongo?

Clearly he's going to rip up the World Cup and there'll be bids over £50Mill for him.

The Aussies are a changed team when Sainsbury plays - you can almost Taste The Difference and he always delivers.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Luongo on 16:05 - Jun 1 with 5046 viewsstevec

Luongo on 15:13 - Jun 1 by Lblock

Perhaps I should wake up and smell the coffee with Luongo?

Clearly he's going to rip up the World Cup and there'll be bids over £50Mill for him.

The Aussies are a changed team when Sainsbury plays - you can almost Taste The Difference and he always delivers.

I'm going to need to sniff something a lot stronger than coffee before I get Luongo.
Luongo on 17:42 - Jun 1 with 4937 viewsTonto

Luongo on 14:19 - Jun 1 by SydneyRs

What the hell has happened to the Czech Republic? They used to be quite good, although I guess that was 20 years ago.

Getting stuffed 4-0 by a team that finished behind Saudi Arabia and Iran in world cup qualifying, had to go through playoffs against Syria and Honduras and whose best players are championship and Scottish premier league (except Mooy) standard is pretty embarrassing. I hope for their sake they weren't fielding a full strength team!

Their golden generation got old... and the younger players never came through. sounds familiar? Never replaced Nerves in particular.

There was a theory that Cech (and a few others) only played well/cared when he played for Chelsea. Sounds familiar?

The Czech leagues are worse than Scotland

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Luongo on 22:07 - Jun 1 with 4776 viewsAntti_Heinola

Luongo on 16:05 - Jun 1 by stevec

I'm going to need to sniff something a lot stronger than coffee before I get Luongo.

or alternatively, sniff a lot less - things might become clearer.

Bare bones.

Luongo on 02:52 - Jun 2 with 4634 viewstimcocking

Luongo on 14:19 - Jun 1 by SydneyRs

Back then they were a former soviet team, probably drug addled. Now, they are eastern europeans. One thing you could rely on the Russian overlords doing, improving the sports results. You want independence? You'll have to do without steroids for breakfast every day.
Luongo on 03:11 - Jun 2 with 4631 viewsHooparoo

I thought Luongo was excellent and looked bloody fit after the twice daily sessions.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Luongo on 04:31 - Jun 2 with 4602 viewsahoz

I thought Mooy controlled midfield, and Luongo had more of a supporting role, did ok but not much more than that. Mark Bosnich really liked his performance though.
Hadn't seen much of Risden before but how good were his crosses? That's what we need (perhaps we have?), someone who can regularly send penetrating crosses time and time again and not just hitting the first defender all the time.
Login to get fewer ads

Luongo on 04:32 - Jun 2 with 4598 viewsBoston

Luongo on 03:11 - Jun 2 by Hooparoo

I thought Luongo was excellent and looked bloody fit after the twice daily sessions.

Sessions!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Luongo on 17:22 - Jun 2 with 4318 viewsTonto

Luongo on 02:52 - Jun 2 by timcocking

Back then they were a former soviet team, probably drug addled. Now, they are eastern europeans. One thing you could rely on the Russian overlords doing, improving the sports results. You want independence? You'll have to do without steroids for breakfast every day.

Their golden generation was post Soviet break up, well past as it started at Euro 96

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Luongo on 18:48 - Jun 2 with 4242 viewsCiderwithRsie

Luongo on 17:22 - Jun 2 by Tonto

Their golden generation was post Soviet break up, well past as it started at Euro 96

They were decent a bit before that - a certain Mr Stejskal was one of the outstanding keepers at Italia 90 when they went out to Germany in the Quarter Finals.
Luongo on 18:49 - Jun 2 with 4240 viewsCiderwithRsie

Luongo on 18:48 - Jun 2 by CiderwithRsie

They were decent a bit before that - a certain Mr Stejskal was one of the outstanding keepers at Italia 90 when they went out to Germany in the Quarter Finals.

PS still post-Soviet of course.

Strictly speaking all "Czech Republic" sides are quite bit post Soviet - in Big Jan's day they were still Czechoslovakia.
Luongo on 09:31 - Jun 4 with 3870 viewsrobith

Get ready to count the cash boys
Luongo on 11:43 - Jun 4 with 3701 viewsTacticalR

Luongo on 18:49 - Jun 2 by CiderwithRsie

PS still post-Soviet of course.

Strictly speaking all "Czech Republic" sides are quite bit post Soviet - in Big Jan's day they were still Czechoslovakia.

That was before Czexit.

Air hostess clique

Luongo on 09:45 - Jun 5 with 3446 viewsozranger

Just in from FFA. You need to download the video and it is rather big.

Antalya, Turkey

Tuesday, 5 June 2018

The Caltex Socceroos are now just 12 days away from their 2018 FIFA World Cup Russiaâ„¢ Group C opener against France in Kazan.

The team will continue to train in Antalya, Turkey until Thursday, before jetting to Budapest where they will take on hosts Hungary at the Groupama Arena on Saturday.

As preparations for Australia’s 2018 FIFA World Cup Russiaâ„¢ campaign continued on Monday, FFA TV took time to speak with influential Queens Park Rangers midfielder Massimo Luongo.

Luongo, who has represented Australia on 35 occasions, is set to travel to his second FIFA World Cupâ„¢ after he also made the squad in Brazil four years ago.

Luongo said: “I have a bundle of experience compared to four years ago. This time around I am looking to make an impact. I am looking to help the team to progress on the pitch. I want to be a big influence in this team and hopefully come the first game (against France) I am in that starting line-up.”

Saturday’s international friendly — which kicks off at 5.30pm local time (1.30am AEST — Sunday, 10 June 2018) — will be broadcast LIVE on both FOX SPORTS and Network Ten.

Below are links to download broadcast quality interview vision and audio with Luongo, as well as overlay vision from Monday’s training session.

Massimo Luongo Video: https://we.tl/YnRMWaa4Ol
Massimo Luongo Audio: https://we.tl/TgGg3lh4vK

Training Overlay Video: https://we.tl/5SFbapArQl

-ends-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024