Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WC 2026 20:27 - Jun 11 with 3897 viewsozranger

For any of those younger folks amongst us, the 2026 WC is to be decided on Wednesday, prior to this one. One hopes that the decision will be a little cleaner than the current and next. It's a two-horse race with Morocco up against the might of a Canada-US-Mexico alliance. I wonder if this will still be the case after the current spat and trade war! Let's hope for Morocco. They missed out in 1996 to the US, so time is now for revenge.
WC 2026 on 21:19 - Jun 11 with 3782 viewsJigsore

the American conglomerate, who i'm sure will win, will mean Mexico have hosted a world cup 3 times since England last did and the US twice.

but FIFA have nothing against England or the UK in general, i'm sure.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

WC 2026 on 21:32 - Jun 11 with 3764 viewsStanisgod

WC 2026 on 21:19 - Jun 11 by Jigsore

the American conglomerate, who i'm sure will win, will mean Mexico have hosted a world cup 3 times since England last did and the US twice.

Exactly. Still as bent as nine bob notes. It's engrained whoever is president, some of the best grounds a going and massive interest but not a look in.
Amazes me that everyone in the world seems to hate us but every f@cker wants to live here. Wierd that!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

WC 2026 on 21:32 - Jun 11 with 3762 viewsstowmarketrange

I saw on this years wallchart that all the major football powers have held 2 world cups except the country that gave the game to the world.
We should’ve got the 2006 tournament but the cheating kraut beckenbauer had other plans.I can’t see us getting it in my lifetime now.
WC 2026 on 22:29 - Jun 11 with 3664 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Corrupt as allways.
Unlike the other federations, CONMEBOL, The South American federation , has refused to watch a final presentation from Morocco stating that they have already pledged to support the Canada, Mexico and USA bid.

Dollars, lovely dollars, and University places for close relatives of the CONMEBOL delegates.

Can't wait till Infantino peels of the mask to reveal he is really just the latest incarnation of Jao Havelange and Septic Bladder.
WC 2026 on 12:56 - Jun 13 with 3325 viewsDorse

US / Mex / Canada won it in the end. So Mexico (86) and US (94) get another one each while England gets ignored. Can't understand the logic of it - 1000s of km in travel? Doesn't make sense to me.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

WC 2026 on 13:06 - Jun 13 with 3292 viewsstevec

Trump does it again. He don't fck about, that boy.

WC 2026 on 13:28 - Jun 13 with 3253 viewsMedwayR

The CUM World Cup it is...

Poll: Who’s better?

WC 2026 on 14:08 - Jun 13 with 3168 viewsGloucs_R

FIFA -

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

WC 2026 on 14:46 - Jun 13 with 3092 viewssmegma

WC 2026 on 12:56 - Jun 13 by Dorse

US / Mex / Canada won it in the end. So Mexico (86) and US (94) get another one each while England gets ignored. Can't understand the logic of it - 1000s of km in travel? Doesn't make sense to me.

Canada ?????
WC 2026 on 14:57 - Jun 13 with 3074 viewsBoston

Money...difficult concept to explain to British folk but comes in extremely handy.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

WC 2026 on 15:25 - Jun 13 with 3018 viewsqprd

I'm not having that. the UK didn't make a bid to host 2026, so you cant act like they weren't chosen

most countries have been put off with the corruption of FIFA, and the smaller, poorer countries are probably realizing they can deploy cash in more productive (and profitable) ways.

The only bidders for 2026 were US/Mex/Can and Morocco.

Morocco had no choice; the UMC trio was a guarantee. I'd guess that if the UK had made a bid, they'd have had a pretty good chance. we'll never know
WC 2026 on 15:45 - Jun 13 with 2999 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

$$$

They’re desperate to get further into the US market. Now expect new rules allowing in game TV ads.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

WC 2026 on 16:09 - Jun 13 with 2966 viewsqprd

WC 2026 on 15:45 - Jun 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

$$$

They’re desperate to get further into the US market. Now expect new rules allowing in game TV ads.

Americans know how to monetize the s**t out of their professional sports

The NFL has 32 teams and 16 matches plus playoffs. No one outside of the US and Canada really watches the NFL. Yet somehow the NFL makes about 30% more revenue than the Premier League, which is broadcast all over the world and is fanatically followed in some gigantic markets (India, China, USA, Australia, Thailand, Vietnam, Scandinavia just to name some of the many)

If you watch a televised premier league match in the US, they actually are already doing in-match ads.

They flash random adverts next to the score in the top right corner throughout the match. Not to mention the various stats and segmetns that they monetize: "Today's Man of the Match award, brought to you by Nissan, goes to Kevin De Bruyne",
WC 2026 on 16:56 - Jun 13 with 2927 viewshubble

At least it's a nice small area for people following the football live.... Mexico, USA, Canada.... FFS.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

WC 2026 on 17:18 - Jun 13 with 2895 viewsGroveR

16 groups of 3 teams staged between Edmonton and Mexico city and San Francisco and Boston. We're going to need bigger walls for the wallcharts and a degree in graph theory to fill them in.

Still, the domestic carriers and hotel chains will do alright out of it.
WC 2026 on 12:02 - Jun 14 with 2727 viewsDorse

WC 2026 on 17:20 - Jun 14 with 2651 viewssmegma

WC 2026 on 16:56 - Jun 13 by hubble

At least it's a nice small area for people following the football live.... Mexico, USA, Canada.... FFS.

Only about 2,800 miles from Montreal to Mexico City. Plus the two borders.
WC 2026 on 17:26 - Jun 14 with 2641 viewsjoolsyp

The leftish-leaning NDP provincial government here in British Columbia have managed to piss off a lot of footie fans by refusing to put Vancouver forward as one of the host cities. Concerned about spending too much apparently. Big shame as the women's world cup was held here a few years ago and was very successful. Still, Edmonton and Seattle are both a short plane ride away.

My prediction: England will have at least one QPR player in their ranks in 2026.
WC 2026 on 17:40 - Jun 14 with 2625 viewsozranger

WC 2026 on 17:26 - Jun 14 by joolsyp

The leftish-leaning NDP provincial government here in British Columbia have managed to piss off a lot of footie fans by refusing to put Vancouver forward as one of the host cities. Concerned about spending too much apparently. Big shame as the women's world cup was held here a few years ago and was very successful. Still, Edmonton and Seattle are both a short plane ride away.

My prediction: England will have at least one QPR player in their ranks in 2026.

Isn't there a fast rain service from Vancouver to Seattle? Or, at least drive to Everett and then train from there. But agree that Vancouver should have had a game or two. Of course, politics has nothing to do with sport.
WC 2026 on 17:58 - Jun 14 with 2614 viewsjoolsyp

WC 2026 on 17:40 - Jun 14 by ozranger

Isn't there a fast rain service from Vancouver to Seattle? Or, at least drive to Everett and then train from there. But agree that Vancouver should have had a game or two. Of course, politics has nothing to do with sport.

There's a slow (Amtrak) rail service from Van to Seattle but it's only a 2.5 hour drive, as long as the wait at the border crossing is not too long. Seattle's MLS team (Seattle Sounders) have huge crowds so as long as they get some decent games it should be worth the trip down.
WC 2026 on 19:58 - Jun 14 with 2566 viewsDorse

Venues announced so far:

Ocelot Spungoes
Saskatchewan Moose-Knuckles
Titikaka Double Entendres
Montezuma's Revenge

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024