Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Athletico Mince 16:04 - Jun 12 with 8141 viewsNov77

McLaren and Holloway on this weeks episode, from 31.50 onwards....

https://www.acast.com/athleticomince/ep.62-specificbeef
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 16:04]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Athletico Mince on 16:31 - Jun 12 with 6401 viewsFDC

I reckon I'm probably in the minority, but, despite having given it a good go due to a fondness for Bob Mortimer and everyone else apparently loving it, I just can't get on with Athletico Mince at all.
Athletico Mince on 16:36 - Jun 12 with 6376 viewsrobith

Be interesting, as in a now deleted tweet Mortimer recently bemoaned Boro's recruitment strategy saying they should be looking more at players like Freeman
Athletico Mince on 16:58 - Jun 12 with 6308 viewsNov77

I’m looking forward to a series starting next week, bob Mortimer and Paul whitehouse in ‘gone fishing’, previews look good.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Athletico Mince on 17:04 - Jun 12 with 6281 viewspaulparker

The peter Beardsley stuff is pretty funny other than that it’s cack and I’m a massive fan of shooting stars etc

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Athletico Mince on 17:08 - Jun 12 with 6272 viewsPunteR

Athletico Mince on 17:04 - Jun 12 by paulparker

The peter Beardsley stuff is pretty funny other than that it’s cack and I’m a massive fan of shooting stars etc

Lovin the Boys Own avatar PP

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Athletico Mince on 17:46 - Jun 12 with 6189 viewsMancR

I tried, I really did, but this ain't very good.
Athletico Mince on 18:08 - Jun 12 with 6135 viewsWestbourneR

Bob Mortimer and Viv Reeves stopped being funny a very very long time ago sadly.

They're embarrassing on 8 out 10 Countdown. Totally unfunny and visibly annoyed when they're upstaged but much funnier fresher comedians.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Athletico Mince on 00:01 - Jun 13 with 5734 viewsAntti_Heinola

Athletico Mince on 18:08 - Jun 12 by WestbourneR

Bob Mortimer and Viv Reeves stopped being funny a very very long time ago sadly.

They're embarrassing on 8 out 10 Countdown. Totally unfunny and visibly annoyed when they're upstaged but much funnier fresher comedians.

i doubt if either of them have ever been annoyed about anything in their lives (i exaggerate, but still). Lovely, lovely people the pair of them. And still funny - but as you know, funniness is completely objective, so saying anything isn't funny or is funny is merely personal opinion and can never be fact. Bob in particular an absolute joy of a man and a giant of British comedy - you only have to look at how younger comics revere him to see that. Bob on Taskmaster was still the freshest, funniest person they've had on in all their series imo.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Athletico Mince on 00:36 - Jun 13 with 5707 viewsKiwi76

I'm with you Antti - happily listen to Bob waffle on about anything.
Some inspired characters in these Mince podcasts and can excuse the odd dud.
Has given me some good laughs stuck in traffic on commute home and that'll do for me.
Athletico Mince on 00:58 - Jun 13 with 5700 viewsqueensparker

Count me in for the Bob Mortimer love in - he’s a proper national treasure, clearly a top bloke, and I’ve loved Athletico Mince. Bit hit n miss and the other guy is no comic genius, but it’s had me crying with laughter in the car. The Peter Beardsley stuff is amazing

They were taking the piss out of us employing McLaren to achieve 15th place in this latest one - where else would you get a surreal comic tale about QPR’s Lee Hoos era?
Athletico Mince on 01:24 - Jun 13 with 5691 viewstimcocking

Used to play against a football team at uni called Unatletico Madras, which i thought was good...

Ps Tried listening, they've got to be the least funny most ggravating people i've ever heard. Actually painful.

[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 1:30]
Athletico Mince on 01:31 - Jun 13 with 5685 viewstimcocking

Athletico Mince on 16:31 - Jun 12 by FDC

I reckon I'm probably in the minority, but, despite having given it a good go due to a fondness for Bob Mortimer and everyone else apparently loving it, I just can't get on with Athletico Mince at all.

Truly awful.

Speaking stupid cr@p in a silly voice is the opposite of humour.
Athletico Mince on 01:36 - Jun 13 with 5681 viewsNov77

Athletico Mince on 01:31 - Jun 13 by timcocking

Truly awful.

Speaking stupid cr@p in a silly voice is the opposite of humour.

go on then, I’ll bite, tell us who you think is funny.

Athletico Mince on 05:58 - Jun 13 with 5628 viewsstevec

Athletico Mince on 00:58 - Jun 13 by queensparker

Count me in for the Bob Mortimer love in - he’s a proper national treasure, clearly a top bloke, and I’ve loved Athletico Mince. Bit hit n miss and the other guy is no comic genius, but it’s had me crying with laughter in the car. The Peter Beardsley stuff is amazing

They were taking the piss out of us employing McLaren to achieve 15th place in this latest one - where else would you get a surreal comic tale about QPR’s Lee Hoos era?

Must admit taking the piss out of us and our hankering for a manager to take us to 15th place did make me laugh. Very observant, makes you realise what everyone else probably thinks of us.

Holloway in a crazed cider haze, hahaha.
Athletico Mince on 07:32 - Jun 13 with 5576 views1MoreBrightonR

Have also tried this a few times after being recommended it and just cant get on with it. Just find it intensely irritating but thats just my opinion. I switched this off before the holloway bit was finished!
Athletico Mince on 07:46 - Jun 13 with 5565 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Athletico Mince on 18:08 - Jun 12 by WestbourneR

I saw Bob Mortimer in an episode of Would I lie to you the other day (it may have been a repeat) but he was hilarious.
Athletico Mince on 12:32 - Jun 13 with 5348 viewsWestbourneR

Athletico Mince on 00:01 - Jun 13 by Antti_Heinola

i doubt if either of them have ever been annoyed about anything in their lives (i exaggerate, but still). Lovely, lovely people the pair of them. And still funny - but as you know, funniness is completely objective, so saying anything isn't funny or is funny is merely personal opinion and can never be fact. Bob in particular an absolute joy of a man and a giant of British comedy - you only have to look at how younger comics revere him to see that. Bob on Taskmaster was still the freshest, funniest person they've had on in all their series imo.

Bah. Subjective.

Task Master is excruciatingly unfunny - but desperately desperately trying. Perfect for a berkish channel called Dave. It's for the kind of people that found Jeremy Clarkson and 'The Hampster' funny. Miraculously the new presenters of Top Gear manage to be even less funny.

Other not funny things -

Mrs Brown's Boys
Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men.
Vic Reeves
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 13:50]

Athletico Mince on 15:32 - Jun 13 with 5246 viewsAntti_Heinola

Athletico Mince on 12:32 - Jun 13 by WestbourneR

Bah. Subjective.

Task Master is excruciatingly unfunny - but desperately desperately trying. Perfect for a berkish channel called Dave. It's for the kind of people that found Jeremy Clarkson and 'The Hampster' funny. Miraculously the new presenters of Top Gear manage to be even less funny.

Other not funny things -

Mrs Brown's Boys
Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men.
Vic Reeves
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 13:50]

Taskmaster is about as far from Top Gear as you can get, so a weird comparison. No side to it, not nasty, great entertainment and silliness. Can't imagine there's a huge crossover between the two shows.
I don't find 3 of those other 4 things funny either, however, so you're not a total moron ;)
Which shows do you make again? Is it just docs, or have you made some Mel-Brooks-level comedy too?

Bare bones.

Athletico Mince on 19:06 - Jun 13 with 5144 viewsWestbourneR

I'm being a tit as usual Annti. Taskmaster just isn't for me. Perhaps because I know someone who works on it and I don't rate his humour.

As for my shows... no comedy... some may be unintentionally though. I make documentaries. Didn't realise you knew what I did.

The net is closing in....

Athletico Mince on 19:20 - Jun 13 with 5130 viewsAntti_Heinola

Athletico Mince on 19:06 - Jun 13 by WestbourneR

I'm being a tit as usual Annti. Taskmaster just isn't for me. Perhaps because I know someone who works on it and I don't rate his humour.

As for my shows... no comedy... some may be unintentionally though. I make documentaries. Didn't realise you knew what I did.

The net is closing in....

Ha ha.
You said it on here once and it just stuck in my mind because i know quite a few Rs in the media, so we could know each other you never know... that would be pretty weird.

'I don't rate his humour' is a lovely phrase ;)

Bare bones.

Athletico Mince on 20:12 - Jun 13 with 5073 viewsOutWestR

Athletico Mince on 00:01 - Jun 13 by Antti_Heinola

If you like Bob Mortimer then you might enjoy listening to this ... http://adam-buxton.co.uk/podcasts/ep74-bob-mortimer
Athletico Mince on 21:27 - Jun 13 with 5026 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hadn't heard of this. Will definitely check it out, thanks Nov77 and others.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Athletico Mince on 22:03 - Jun 13 with 5007 viewsAntti_Heinola

Athletico Mince on 20:12 - Jun 13 by OutWestR

If you like Bob Mortimer then you might enjoy listening to this ... http://adam-buxton.co.uk/podcasts/ep74-bob-mortimer

thanks mate - been meaning to listen to Buxton's pod!

Bare bones.

Athletico Mince on 10:11 - Jun 14 with 4850 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Always cringed at Shooting Stars but as a first time listener of Athletico Mince found it amusing.

Getting angry about other people's humour is a bit joyless.
Athletico Mince on 11:29 - Jun 14 with 4797 viewsWestbourneR

Athletico Mince on 19:20 - Jun 13 by Antti_Heinola

Ha ha.
You said it on here once and it just stuck in my mind because i know quite a few Rs in the media, so we could know each other you never know... that would be pretty weird.

'I don't rate his humour' is a lovely phrase ;)

We probably do - and I'm not being unfriendly - but when you behave like I do on here, anonymity is a very good thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024