Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 13:40 - Jun 16 with 11143 viewsqprxtc

Take it away, far, far away and stick it up your bum. Absolute cobblers of a thing.

Ref makes a decision. That’s that. He’s either a w@nker or doesn’t know what he’s doing there and then. Don’t need another eight people taking ten minutes to confirm that.

Stick it up your bum.
VAR on 14:26 - Jun 18 with 2654 viewsjonno

VAR on 12:23 - Jun 18 by TW_R

I agree. Every time a player receives the ball with an opposition player close behind him he is more often than not being pushed in the back. Most decent players will either lean back into the other player or at least hold their ground.

It looked like poor defending to me. Ball into the box, 3 yards out. Free header. If you look at it again there were 7 (yes 7) Brazilians in the 6 yard box and only one Swiss attacker. Why didn't the keeper come and punch it?

Yes, but that was not the case in this instance, the defender was not backing in to the forward or leaning back. I rate Mark Clattenburg as a ref, and he described it as a "clear and obvious foul". BTW the VAR has just correctly given the Swedes a penalty against the Koreans which was missed by the onfield ref.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 14:30]
VAR on 14:38 - Jun 18 with 2626 viewsaussiehoop

First post in a long while - Firmly of the opinion that VAR is a menace.

It could’ve been great if It was set strict terms of use such as review of goals for offside which would compliment goal line technology well.

Watching the Korea game at present and although the VAR decision re the penalty was correct I can’t help but feel we’ve reduced the spectacle. Human error is everywhere - I’d rather a ref stuff up and play continue... Maybe that’s because I’m still raw over the France fiasco and my dislike of Swedes after being conned by one of their idiots spruiking a 4 hour drinks package in Phuket 10 years ago...
VAR on 15:54 - Jun 18 with 2558 viewsTW_R

VAR on 14:26 - Jun 18 by jonno

Yes, but that was not the case in this instance, the defender was not backing in to the forward or leaning back. I rate Mark Clattenburg as a ref, and he described it as a "clear and obvious foul". BTW the VAR has just correctly given the Swedes a penalty against the Koreans which was missed by the onfield ref.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 14:30]

My point is the attacker was pushing the defender in the back and the defender could have just pushed back or held his ground. As per Dave's point, if that was a foul then there would be a dozen fouls like this each game as this happens at pretty much every corner or every time the ball is hit up the pitch to a forward.

To be fair to the ref, he reversed his own decision once he'd seen the replay. When watching it live it looked like the defender had got the ball. VAR working well there.
VAR on 16:10 - Jun 18 with 2541 viewsjonno

VAR on 15:54 - Jun 18 by TW_R

My point is the attacker was pushing the defender in the back and the defender could have just pushed back or held his ground. As per Dave's point, if that was a foul then there would be a dozen fouls like this each game as this happens at pretty much every corner or every time the ball is hit up the pitch to a forward.

To be fair to the ref, he reversed his own decision once he'd seen the replay. When watching it live it looked like the defender had got the ball. VAR working well there.

But surely one of the reasons for VAR is to stamp out all the pushing that goes on which the ref either doesn't see or chooses to ignore? Just because people are getting away with it doesn't mean to say it should just be ignored, it is against the Laws of the game. If players didn't cheat (pushing, diving etc.) there would be no need for VAR but they do, so there is.
VAR on 16:28 - Jun 18 with 2517 viewsNorthernr

That South Korea one was obvious, so will be held up as a great success for VAR, which it was. But I do wonder whether the referees are now just not awarding penalties, and that one was blatant, because they know if they miss it it'll be reviewed anyway. What's the protocol for awarding one and then it turns out it wasn't?
VAR on 20:05 - Jun 18 with 2460 viewsNorthernr

Hmmmmmmmm.
VAR on 20:16 - Jun 18 with 2445 viewsQPR_John

Really what is the point of VAR when Kane is wrestled to the ground at every corner and nothing is given
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 20:38]
VAR on 20:28 - Jun 18 with 2431 viewsBucksRanger

VAR is showing the fouling but the VAR referees just like the Eurovision Song judges are giving England nothing.
Login to get fewer ads

VAR on 20:31 - Jun 18 with 2428 viewsdachiltern

But surely all those experts reviewing the VAR evidence must know what they are doing? Or perhaps they are as good as some of the officials performing earlier today who couldn't see the bleedin obvious?
VAR on 20:33 - Jun 18 with 2423 viewsBucksRanger

How many refs are watching the VAR feed and what nationalities are they? Perhaps Putin gets the deciding vote.
VAR on 21:10 - Jun 18 with 2387 viewsted_hendrix

HK was nearly murdered in the penalty box in the second half, not by one player but by two at the same time, absolutely hauled to the ground.
Blatant penalty FWIW.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

VAR on 21:53 - Jun 18 with 2352 viewslondonscottish

That ref must be in Putin's pocket. And the VAR. There is no other cred8ble explanation.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

VAR on 21:55 - Jun 18 with 2351 viewsHunterhoop

VAR on 21:10 - Jun 18 by ted_hendrix

HK was nearly murdered in the penalty box in the second half, not by one player but by two at the same time, absolutely hauled to the ground.
Blatant penalty FWIW.

Football has got VAR spectacularly wrong IMO. Not because video refereeing is wrong but because the theory that determines it’s use is wrong.

In NFL, tennis, and cricket they have nailed it. Every decision is the on pitch officials’ call. However, teams get a couple of chances to call for a TV review with the intention of overturning a shocker of a decision. Get it wrong, you lose the review. Get it right, you keep it. Embarrassing for the ref, yes. But other sports swallow that. We’d have had at least one pen today on this basis and deservedly won comfortably.
VAR on 22:13 - Jun 18 with 2330 viewsQPR_John

VAR on 21:55 - Jun 18 by Hunterhoop

Football has got VAR spectacularly wrong IMO. Not because video refereeing is wrong but because the theory that determines it’s use is wrong.

In NFL, tennis, and cricket they have nailed it. Every decision is the on pitch officials’ call. However, teams get a couple of chances to call for a TV review with the intention of overturning a shocker of a decision. Get it wrong, you lose the review. Get it right, you keep it. Embarrassing for the ref, yes. But other sports swallow that. We’d have had at least one pen today on this basis and deservedly won comfortably.

"But other sports swallow that. We’d have had at least one pen today on this basis and deservedly won comfortably"

But that is the point we would not have got a penalty. The VAR referee could have called for the referee to look at his decision and they did not so did not think the referee got it wrong.
VAR on 09:42 - Jun 19 with 2175 viewsElHoop

If you want to tell FIFA what you think about VAR then it's possible to do so I think:

https://www.fifa.com/contact-FIFA.html

Well they might reply and they might not!
VAR on 09:48 - Jun 19 with 2164 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Can't say VAR has bothered me one way or the other, but what is annoying is the relish that presenters launch into VAR Discussion No. 2,652 before and after every game and at half-time. Can they talk about the football?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

VAR on 10:17 - Jun 19 with 2119 viewsDannyPaddox

VAR on 21:53 - Jun 18 by londonscottish

That ref must be in Putin's pocket. And the VAR. There is no other cred8ble explanation.

Vladimir's Arranged Rubles
VAR on 10:26 - Jun 19 with 2106 viewshubble

Last night I think VAR stood for either Vaguely Anglophobe Review or Vladimir Assisted Replay
VAR on 13:14 - Jun 19 with 2011 viewsTGRRRSSS

FIFA and co have hardly needed Putin's (or anybody elses) encouragement to stuff England.

They won't need it here either as we can see.
VAR on 13:22 - Jun 19 with 2004 viewsHunterhoop

VAR on 22:13 - Jun 18 by QPR_John

"But other sports swallow that. We’d have had at least one pen today on this basis and deservedly won comfortably"

But that is the point we would not have got a penalty. The VAR referee could have called for the referee to look at his decision and they did not so did not think the referee got it wrong.

Because human nature dictates the VAR officials won’t actively query most refereeing decisions made by fellow officials.

They also miss things themselves. They called for VAR that first corner Kane was spear tackled to the floor, but for a possible handball, completely missing the foul on Kane.

If teams had the ability to throw a challenge flag to bring a review for something specific - in this Kane being rugby tackled in the box - the VAR officials are forced to take a look (not left to decide whether to). In that instance no official in world football could have concluded that was anything but a foul and a pen!
VAR on 13:24 - Jun 19 with 1999 viewsdaveB

VAR on 13:22 - Jun 19 by Hunterhoop

Because human nature dictates the VAR officials won’t actively query most refereeing decisions made by fellow officials.

They also miss things themselves. They called for VAR that first corner Kane was spear tackled to the floor, but for a possible handball, completely missing the foul on Kane.

If teams had the ability to throw a challenge flag to bring a review for something specific - in this Kane being rugby tackled in the box - the VAR officials are forced to take a look (not left to decide whether to). In that instance no official in world football could have concluded that was anything but a foul and a pen!

Thats exactly how they should do it, each team gets reviews rather than everything getting checked
VAR on 13:27 - Jun 19 with 1988 viewsQPR_John

VAR on 13:22 - Jun 19 by Hunterhoop

I take your point and unfortunately you give the very reason FIFA would not allow a system of challenges. At the moment they can fudge the issue if they were made to look at an incident they would have to explain their decision. Any football authority be it FIFA the FA or FL will not leave itself open to having to explain anything
VAR on 13:57 - Jun 19 with 1937 viewsNorthernr

Well a week in and I am officially declaring that I have absolutely no fcking idea what is and isn't a penalty any more at all.
VAR on 14:42 - Jun 19 with 1900 viewslondonscottish

VAR on 10:17 - Jun 19 by DannyPaddox

Vladimir's Arranged Rubles

Volgagrad Adjusted Reasoning.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

VAR on 23:20 - Jun 19 with 1809 viewsBenny_the_Ball

VAR on 09:48 - Jun 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Can't say VAR has bothered me one way or the other, but what is annoying is the relish that presenters launch into VAR Discussion No. 2,652 before and after every game and at half-time. Can they talk about the football?

Indeed. It's supposed to eliminate debate for clear and obvious errors but it appears to have created even more contention.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024