Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trippier the only one 20:46 - Jun 18 with 5130 viewsbosh67

Showing any kind of intent.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Trippier the only one on 16:29 - Jun 19 with 1409 viewskensalriser

Think the criticism of individual players is a bit over the top and largely based on existing prejudice. Young did OK last night and I thought some of his deliveries were fine, regardless of his status as a cheating ManU tw@t. Likewise, even if nothing really came off for him, Sterling didn't really have a worse game than most of them.

The problems stemmed from trying to break down a well organised, cynical side determined to grab a point. How many times have we seen QPR experience the same against supposedly lesser opposition?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Trippier the only one on 18:34 - Jun 19 with 1365 viewsHunterhoop

Trippier the only one on 13:20 - Jun 19 by daveB

I thought England were very good last night, we played excellent stuff the first 20 minutes and should have been 3 or 4 up. The penalty changed the game and they were hard to break down the second half but the players kept going and believed they would get another chance.

Genuinely shocked at some of the criticism, our first win at a World Cup in 8 years, first opening game win since 2006, a job well done last night with lots to improve on.

Completely agree. Certainly how I saw it.
Trippier the only one on 20:38 - Jun 19 with 1296 viewsqprjeff1882

Trippier the only one on 18:34 - Jun 19 by Hunterhoop

Completely agree. Certainly how I saw it.

I actually don't see the need to have 3 cb's vs Panama and would rather use that to put Vardy or Rashford up front with Kane. Would definitely give Rose a game in place of Young and if Alli isn't fit would play either Loftus-Cheek or Rashford in Alli's place. One thing is certain though. They need to put their shooting boots on. If we can't taje thise type of chances against Belgium or later in the tournament it could be our undoing.
Trippier the only one on 07:53 - Jun 20 with 1206 viewsqprd

Trippier the only one on 20:38 - Jun 19 by qprjeff1882

I actually don't see the need to have 3 cb's vs Panama and would rather use that to put Vardy or Rashford up front with Kane. Would definitely give Rose a game in place of Young and if Alli isn't fit would play either Loftus-Cheek or Rashford in Alli's place. One thing is certain though. They need to put their shooting boots on. If we can't taje thise type of chances against Belgium or later in the tournament it could be our undoing.

I agree with the 3 centerback points. against a team that is not going to possess the ball much like Tunisia and probably panama, you kind of lose a player going forward since the back 3 usually always stay back.... England kind of addressed this by having Maguire occasionally get forward

there is a solution to this, but other than Ollie, I cant remember seeing this done too often... you can slide the middle centreback (stones) into deep midfield like grant hall used to do... that way you keep the back 3 in defense, but you also can provide additional support to the attack

as much as people mock ollies tactics, this is one of the more creative things ive seen done with a back 3
Trippier the only one on 12:34 - Jun 20 with 1131 viewsrsonist

Think the general idea of having a Walker Stones Maguire defence is supposed to be that they break the lines ahead of them. Whether they execute the plan correctly (and whether the plan is sound in the first place) is another matter...

Does everyone rate Maguire now, by the way...? He gives me the terrors personally (not just for being a giant slack jawed granite headed Northern yokel either).

I liked the performance and intent generally, but the slump in enterprise after half time is not to be glossed over either. Although I'm not even joking, that fckin cnt bstrd England Band murdering Earth Wind and Fire for 20 minutes straight would put me right off my game too - off to the gulags please.

Having seen the rest of what the tournament has to offer I think there's real scope for this side to find its feet and grow into something strong over the course of it, with a bit of luck at the key moments. Who knows, that equaliser might be like our Derby 3-3 in the camp, something more than just a fortunate escape. Belgium will really be the right game at the right time I feel - decent opposition but not a crack outfit either, there to be got at - like Holland at Euro 96.
Trippier the only one on 16:01 - Jun 20 with 1080 viewsDorse

Trippier the only one on 12:34 - Jun 20 by rsonist

Think the general idea of having a Walker Stones Maguire defence is supposed to be that they break the lines ahead of them. Whether they execute the plan correctly (and whether the plan is sound in the first place) is another matter...

Does everyone rate Maguire now, by the way...? He gives me the terrors personally (not just for being a giant slack jawed granite headed Northern yokel either).

I liked the performance and intent generally, but the slump in enterprise after half time is not to be glossed over either. Although I'm not even joking, that fckin cnt bstrd England Band murdering Earth Wind and Fire for 20 minutes straight would put me right off my game too - off to the gulags please.

Having seen the rest of what the tournament has to offer I think there's real scope for this side to find its feet and grow into something strong over the course of it, with a bit of luck at the key moments. Who knows, that equaliser might be like our Derby 3-3 in the camp, something more than just a fortunate escape. Belgium will really be the right game at the right time I feel - decent opposition but not a crack outfit either, there to be got at - like Holland at Euro 96.

I like a lot of what Maguire does but he definitely gave me a heart attack with some of his passing. To be fair to him, he did acknowledge that in the post-match jibber-jabber.

The side looks happy with a 3 man defence and, although I'd like to see Young replaced, defensively things pretty much worked. Trippier and Walker both have the chops for this, Stones looks fresh and Maguire could stop a train with his face (not physically - he's just, ahem, beautiful on the inside).

With the option of adding Dier to Henderson in front of the defence for games we need to fight our battles in midfield, Trippier and Young / Rose can play further up.

Not sure what to make of Alli. Thought he looked great and then seemed to be carrying an injury for the rest of the game. If he's not at the races, get him off. Loftus-Cheek seemed decent and I never know what to make of Rashford.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Trippier the only one on 16:04 - Jun 20 with 1077 viewsMaggsinho

Trippier the only one on 16:01 - Jun 20 by Dorse

I like a lot of what Maguire does but he definitely gave me a heart attack with some of his passing. To be fair to him, he did acknowledge that in the post-match jibber-jabber.

The side looks happy with a 3 man defence and, although I'd like to see Young replaced, defensively things pretty much worked. Trippier and Walker both have the chops for this, Stones looks fresh and Maguire could stop a train with his face (not physically - he's just, ahem, beautiful on the inside).

With the option of adding Dier to Henderson in front of the defence for games we need to fight our battles in midfield, Trippier and Young / Rose can play further up.

Not sure what to make of Alli. Thought he looked great and then seemed to be carrying an injury for the rest of the game. If he's not at the races, get him off. Loftus-Cheek seemed decent and I never know what to make of Rashford.

Alli has a thigh strain, I can't imagine they'll risk him against Panama so assume Loftus-Cheek will play instead.
Trippier the only one on 16:06 - Jun 20 with 1073 viewskensalriser

Alli should have been off at half time, that was a poor decision from Southgate.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024