Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Woy or Big Sam were still in charge........ 13:09 - Jun 20 with 1939 viewsSnipper

....... how many of our current 23 man squad would be in Russia?

Being honest, I wasn’t keen on the appointment of Southgate, as I thought he was yet another yes man. The way he’s brought through the youngsters has been brilliant.

This is an England team/squad you can cheer on knowing they’re fighting for each other.
If Woy or Big Sam were still in charge........ on 13:16 - Jun 20 with 1918 viewsdaveB

Hodgson did bring a lot of these young players through, majority of them played in France 2 years ago.

We had a lucky escape from Big Sam though
If Woy or Big Sam were still in charge........ on 13:26 - Jun 20 with 1884 viewsTonto

For all Southgates criticisms, he has done well to bring along the youngsters whilst changing the team from a standard 4-4-2 to a more attacking 3-4-3, and more mportantly insisting that the U23s, U18s etc play the same way too, so they are already prepared for it shoul they make the step up.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

If Woy or Big Sam were still in charge........ on 13:58 - Jun 20 with 1809 viewspaulparker

If Woy or Big Sam were still in charge........ on 13:16 - Jun 20 by daveB

Hodgson did bring a lot of these young players through, majority of them played in France 2 years ago.

We had a lucky escape from Big Sam though

Hodgson persisted with jack Wilshire for 2 tournaments when he wasn't fit so lessons wouldn't of be learnt there
in fact we had 3 wasted tournaments under that old div , we would still have wayne rooney playing centre midfield

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

If Woy or Big Sam were still in charge........ on 14:10 - Jun 20 with 1774 viewsNorthernr

If Big Fat Sam was in charge I reckon Terry would be there. "great person to have in the dressing room" etc etc.

This post has been edited by an administrator
If Woy or Big Sam were still in charge........ on 14:12 - Jun 20 with 1752 viewsRangersw12

If Woy or Big Sam were still in charge........ on 13:58 - Jun 20 by paulparker

Hodgson persisted with jack Wilshire for 2 tournaments when he wasn't fit so lessons wouldn't of be learnt there
in fact we had 3 wasted tournaments under that old div , we would still have wayne rooney playing centre midfield

And Kane taking corners !!

I wanted Eddie Howe to be given the job but Southgate has really impressed me .

Problem going forward is the decent youngsters in the under the 17/18/21 not getting a chance in the PL
If Woy or Big Sam were still in charge........ on 14:20 - Jun 20 with 1743 viewsSnipper

If Woy or Big Sam were still in charge........ on 14:12 - Jun 20 by Rangersw12

And Kane taking corners !!

I wanted Eddie Howe to be given the job but Southgate has really impressed me .

Problem going forward is the decent youngsters in the under the 17/18/21 not getting a chance in the PL

Regarding your last sentence, that’s why it’s a great move by some of the youngsters to go to Germany. They’re flourishing over there.
If Woy or Big Sam were still in charge........ on 15:59 - Jun 20 with 1630 viewsWokingR

If Woy or Big Sam were still in charge........ on 14:10 - Jun 20 by Northernr

If Big Fat Sam was in charge I reckon Terry would be there. "great person to have in the dressing room" etc etc.

This post has been edited by an administrator

We're all adults here Clive.
Nobody will mind you putting the word c*nt back in when talking about John Terry.
If Woy or Big Sam were still in charge........ on 16:14 - Jun 20 with 1607 viewskensalriser

Dodged a bullet big time with Sam. A truly terrible if highly predictable appointment. Southgate looks like a great appointment by sheer chance.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

If Woy or Big Sam were still in charge........ on 17:43 - Jun 20 with 1495 viewsspencer

Dodged a bullet ? Massive understatement
I had no expectations whatsoever going into this World Cup. One or two choices aside, well happy with this squad.
No big build up. No billy big potatoes. No press leaking sh.tty stories.

Enjoyed the first half of the match V Tunisia like I haven't enjoyed an England match in years.

Been crying out for a different style of football.
Been crying out for youngsters.

We now have it...Hopefully, they can build ..get to last 16, where we could meet either Poland/Senegal/Japan/Colombia..If we can get past that, the its work in progress and I will be happy.
If Woy or Big Sam were still in charge........ on 08:47 - Jun 21 with 1262 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm liking Southgate.

He's doing what we've started here.... Sort of.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024