Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This year's 442 interview questions.... 14:10 - Jun 20 with 1958 viewsNorthernr

Knock yourselves out...

This season will be different to last season because...
XXXX

Our most underrated player is...
XXXX

Keep an eye out for (young player who could break through)...
XXXX

The best away ground this season will be...
XXXX

Best away fans from teams in your division are (if just promoted/relegated and therefore hard to answer, feel free to ignore!)
XXXX

The player I'd happily drive to another club is...
XXXX

The opposition player in our division that I secretly admire is...
XXXX

The season's pantomime villain in our division will be...
XXXX

The one change I'd make to my club would be...
XXXX

Save the date for... (key fixture this season)
XXXX

One thing fans of other clubs don't know about my club...
XXXX

This season we'll finish...
XXXX

Do you view Ian Holloway’s second spell in charge as a success or a failure?
XXXX
This year's 442 interview questions.... on 15:09 - Jun 20 with 1897 viewsJeff

We’ve got a great crop of exciting young players establishing themselves in the first team, and whilst we’re still financially strained, we’ve finally shed the last of the high earners — the ‘high water’ level is starting to slowly drop…

Externally, Alex Smithies — he’s probably a better keeper than the current keeper at half the teams in the premier league, including last season’s Champions League finalists, but don’t tell anyone that. Internally, Luongo still manages to split the fan base nicely down the middle, despite being our reigning player of the season.

for the first time in memory we’ve got loads of them! Paul Smyth is a livewire forward with pace, an eye for goal and a naughty streak who looks an absolute handful, and Ebere Eze is one of those ‘number 10’s’ who appear lazy and would drive the likes of Tony Pulis mad, but can beat 5 men and stick it in the top corner from 25 yards.

Villa Park has always been one of my favourite grounds to visit — looks great, feels great, and feels pretty unique. So many of the more modern grounds are just identical concrete bowls these days. Rotherham’s New York stadium is one of the few modern stadiums that I like — steep sides, close to the pitch.

Best away fans from teams in your division are (if just promoted/relegated and therefore hard to answer, feel free to ignore!)
the Yorkshire clubs normally travel in large numbers and are fairly vocal, but the Championship is by and large a fairly turgid, boring affair, and there’s definitely an apathy seeping into away games and the fans over the last couple of seasons — and I absolutely include us in that.

We’ve finally got rid of all of the bad eggs at the club, but if pushed, I don’t think that Conor Washington is good enough up front for us. He’s a ‘tryer’ but he simply doesn’t have that quick wittedness or intelligence to be in the right place at the right time. Paul Smyth (see above) has already shown us what Conor Washington should be doing, and he’s only got half a dozen senior games under his belt.

Villa’s Albert Adomah is a QPR fan who grew up round the corner from Shepherds Bush and I’ve always hoped that he’d play for us one day.

If John Terry manages to get a contract out of Lampard at Derby, then definitely him.

Get Tony Fernandes, the clubs figurehead and co-chairman off of Twitter. In the same vein as Donald Trump, although obviously much smaller scale, he says too much on there that should remain in house, and reacts far too much to the small but vocal idiot contingent on there.

Nottingham Forest away — we’ve never won at the City ground in our entire history, and we take thousands of fans there every season in expectation that this year will be our year. If we ever do win there, the following year we’ll only take about 10 fans!

QPR’s community trust do an absolutely heroic amount of work off the pitch. Their involvement in the aftermath of the Tragic Grenfell disaster is well noted, but Andy Evans and team have been improving the lives of the local community for the last decade with wonderful results.

Assuming we address our problem at centre-back, nicely midtable. Let’s say 12th and a top-half finish, just. At some point of the season we’ll be around 6 points off the playoffs and the fans will get a bit giddy, but nothing much will come of it.

A success, but I don’t entirely disagree with the change in manager. He blooded youngsters, cut the wage bill and brought a bit of pride back to the club, for which he deserves enormous praise, but the away performances and constant tinkering with line-ups wore thin towards the end. I think it’s safe to suggest that we’re looking for marginal gains under McClaren as opposed to a sea-change in philosophy.

Can we not knock it?

This year's 442 interview questions.... on 15:22 - Jun 20 with 1862 viewsMedwayR

We'll be playing total football while finishing mid-table.

Outside of W12 probably Smithies or Freeman, by our own fans maybe Luongo or Smith, by our management probably Wszolek.

So many have broken through but not yet become regulars but I'll go for Osayi-Samuel, Furlong could be very important this season too.

Forest for a historic win followed by an open-top bus parade around Shepherds Bush.

Leeds Utd I guess...

For the first time in a very long time no one!! (Although Jeff's shout of Washington is a fair one, but that's based on ability not attitude for a change)

James Chester

Tony Xia (unless Terry signs for Derby)

Warren Farm getting the go ahead swiftly followed by positive news on a new stadium

n/a - I'll wait until the fixtures have been released.

We're the only club in west London

12th

Success. Not pretty but did what was asked of him and left the club in a much better position than when he arrived.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 15:26]

Poll: Who’s better?

This year's 442 interview questions.... on 15:29 - Jun 20 with 1846 viewsTonto

There is a different manager in charge

Smithies (at least to those outside the club) - why isnt he playing in the Premiership?

Paul Smyth

the one we win our first away match at

Those that travel in big numbers a long way on a Tuesday night in December when their team is crap

Everyone else is going to say Connor Washington aren't they...

XXXX

Will Big Racist John be back for one last attempt at some stake money?

Get the training ground finished (or shuld that be started?)

Brentford I suppose, now that Fulham have gone up.

We made Jamie Pollock the person of the millenium.

comfortably but boringly mid table

success in a way - he did what was asked - gave the club an identity again, and turned the ship around.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

This year's 442 interview questions.... on 16:54 - Jun 20 with 1727 viewsAntti_Heinola

Well, we have a new manager for a start, so some things will be different. How different I'm not sure. I expect us to generally play slightly better football, but one thing you could never level at Holloway was that the players weren't trying for him. They worked their socks off last year. So the question is whether they played above themselves and Ollie didn't get enough credit, or are they better than they showed, but Ollie didn't know how to drag it out of them. The loss of Nedum Onuoha is a huge blow and if we're going to move onwards and upwards then he has to be replaced with a good new signing.

Outside of the club, it's probably Josh Scowen, a great little midfielder who most people likely haven't heard of. And then there's Alex Smithies, who should be in the England squad, but no one except QPR fans seems to know this.

For the first time in decades, we have a few. Paul Smyth could make a real impact this year, but Ebere Eze is the one. He'll certainly play Premier League football if he doesn't get carried away. The way he glides past players is breathtaking. Hoping McClaren can help him move on - haven't been this excited about a young player in years.

No idea. Birmingham, as that's the only place it seems we ever win away these days.

Usual suspects, really. Leeds always pack it out, don't they? No matter how bad they are. But with Bielsa, maybe things are about to change.

I think any I might have answered have all now left. We have a good squad of honest players. There are one or two I like less than the others, but none quite in this category.

Adama Traore was outstanding against us last season. He's got it all, if only he could score more.

Steve Bruce, as the wheels come off at Villa.

A new training ground!

The Brentford games. They've been better than us for too long. We need to change that.

Probably the outstanding community work the club does, although that has had more coverage thanks to the Game 4 Grenfell. Really proud of what QPR now does in the community.

14th.

Overall, a success. We didn't go down, the wage bill was significantly reduced, the big earners have gone and we seem to have unearthed some really exciting young players. He had plenty of faults, but overall, he did a good job and the sacking was harsh.

Bare bones.

This year's 442 interview questions.... on 17:24 - Jun 20 with 1674 viewsstevec

We have a manager who might actually put players in their best position.

Josh Scowen

Paul Smyth

Millwall, on the basis it's the only away ground in London I'll be able to get a ticket for.

Millwall again, I'm afraid. Love that Millllll chant and love even more their fake anger.

Poor old Conor

George Friend

Lampard

three extra inches of concrete on just my row, so my cartilages get a breather from 50 years of agony sitting in SAR (OR LOWER THE BACKS OF THE FCKIN SEATS)

Can't say Millwall again can I? What a boring looking league this season.

The players names

6th or 7th

Success in that he was set some very low expectations and fulfilled them. Probably a bit harsh, he did allow a number of decent kids to break into the side.
This year's 442 interview questions.... on 17:41 - Jun 20 with 1651 viewsWestbourneR

A crop of young, hungry and talented players will establish themselves, imbued with a proper respect for the club - and the under guidance of Schteve we'll soon be knocking the ball about like we're Middlesborough 2004. The dream is within reach.

Josh Scowen. Gets about like a nutter, likes a tackle, keeps us ticking over with crisp simple passing.

Darnell Furlong, young athletic full-back and son of club legend Paul, looks like he could really be the business.

Fulham is always quite good fun. Oh... ok... the baying heathen at Stoke.

Sheffield Utd put in a good showing. It always helps when you're over excited about being back in a higher division. They'll soon be a jaded hopeless mass once again I'm sure.

Connor Washington is definitely out of time. He's had loads of chances over two seasons and sadly he hasn't got anything like enough to play up front at this level. It'd be a result if we can recoup even a quarter of what we paid for him.

Ollie Watkins, Brentford. Wish we'd got him, looks a specimen and I think he'll blossom into a big player this season.

Fat Frank at Derby. Double it if John Terry turns up there too.

Get the attendances up and the atmosphere sorted at home games. We've really lost our mojo since we've got relegated from the Prem.

Derby at our place. Fat Frank's warm reception.

That we exist.

10th

He did the job he was asked to do when a less committed manager could have seen us relegated - so yes - and I really appreciate it. Although he can be very silly.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 17:49]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

This year's 442 interview questions.... on 18:53 - Jun 20 with 1576 viewsAshdown_Ranger

It won't

Cousins - he doesn't stay stay fit long enough to actually rate him at all!

No idea

The one we win at

Millwall (yeh, right...)

JET - even though he's gone, would like to get him to Reykjavik at least.

If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret any more.

Steve McClaren's hair island.

I'd put them in the Premier League.

The annual FA Cup game - it only comes round once a year.

Contrary to what away fans visiting Loftus Road may think, QPR fans anren't all 4' tall - it's because of bad design that we ended up with that little leg-room.

10th

A qualified success
This year's 442 interview questions.... on 19:43 - Jun 20 with 1504 viewsLongsufferingR

It starts a year later

The next one we sign

OK, will do

Wembley in the cup final

QPR

None of them. I can't drive, so it might be a bit dangerous

Crouchy. Mmmmmm

Steve McLaren

Win more games

Millwall away. Will be as far away from London as possible on that day

We actually started out as a polo club

On the last day of the season

Yes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024