Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You always meet one... 10:46 - Jun 28 with 2133 viewsPlanetHonneywood

In each city I’ve lived around Planethonneywood, I’ve always met a fellow Rs fan.

Well into my second year in Rangoon and no sign of one. That was until I got chatting to the manager of my local gym earlier today.

After answers of ‘originally Greenford’ and ‘originally Hammersmith’ were exchanged, subtle asks revealed ‘QPR’.

For a club with a relatively small fan base, we’re bloody well spread!

Rangoon Rs

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

You always meet one... on 10:50 - Jun 28 with 2122 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A delivery driver came to the door last week. I saw a Rangers sticker on his van so we started chatting. He was from the Bush, still loved them and always kept in touch with the news. All fine, until he wondered why Fernandes didn't bring back Redknapp and give him a couple of hundred million to spend...

...ok, so maybe not really staying in touch that much?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

You always meet one... on 12:49 - Jun 28 with 1987 viewsrrrspricey

You always meet one... on 10:50 - Jun 28 by BrianMcCarthy

A delivery driver came to the door last week. I saw a Rangers sticker on his van so we started chatting. He was from the Bush, still loved them and always kept in touch with the news. All fine, until he wondered why Fernandes didn't bring back Redknapp and give him a couple of hundred million to spend...

...ok, so maybe not really staying in touch that much?

Similarly, everyone seems to know one...

"So, who do you support?"

"QPR"

"Oh my mate's dad's second cousin's brother supports QPR"
You always meet one... on 13:10 - Jun 28 with 1948 viewsRebalhoop

Not quite so far away..I was in Worthing Monday,found a shop called Saturday 3pm,full of retro kits,memorabilia from all clubs,and its run by a QPR fan,left there to have my holiday full English,and there’s a QPR shirt walking towards me,
You always meet one... on 14:13 - Jun 28 with 1870 viewsEmpireStateRanger

New to this board, so seemed like a good time to jump in.

Yankee here who moved to NYC about three years ago. Been a Rangers fan since attending a match back in 2015 (a 0-0 draw with West Ham that essentially secured relegation). In my first week living in Brooklyn, I noticed a car on my street with a QPR sticker on the back window. Never met the owner of the car, but I saw the car every day during my time in Williamsburg. There certainly are a scattering of QPR fans in NYC, but two Rangers fans on the same street in Brooklyn? Seems pretty rare to me.
You always meet one... on 14:21 - Jun 28 with 1853 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Paul! Paul! you've got another one!
You always meet one... on 14:30 - Jun 28 with 1841 viewsBrianMcCarthy

You always meet one... on 14:13 - Jun 28 by EmpireStateRanger

Yankee here who moved to NYC about three years ago. Been a Rangers fan since attending a match back in 2015 (a 0-0 draw with West Ham that essentially secured relegation). In my first week living in Brooklyn, I noticed a car on my street with a QPR sticker on the back window. Never met the owner of the car, but I saw the car every day during my time in Williamsburg. There certainly are a scattering of QPR fans in NYC, but two Rangers fans on the same street in Brooklyn? Seems pretty rare to me.

Go Red Sox!

Sorry, that was just a reflex action.

Welcome aboard EmpireState. Favourite cheese?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

You always meet one... on 14:53 - Jun 28 with 1816 viewsrrrspricey

"Been a Rangers fan since attending a match back in 2015"

Bloody glory hunter
You always meet one... on 14:56 - Jun 28 with 1807 viewsMoonshineSteve

The other half took me to Cuba on holiday last year to celebrate my 50th.

Three of us at the welcome party.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Login to get fewer ads

You always meet one... on 16:28 - Jun 28 with 1736 viewshopphoops

"a 0-0 draw with West Ham that essentially secured relegation" - I'm glad you managed to get the quintessential Rangers experience out of your first match ;) Good on you.

Oh, and go Os errr hmmm.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

You always meet one... on 19:58 - Jun 28 with 1653 viewsEmpireStateRanger

You always meet one... on 16:28 - Jun 28 by hopphoops

"a 0-0 draw with West Ham that essentially secured relegation" - I'm glad you managed to get the quintessential Rangers experience out of your first match ;) Good on you.

Oh, and go Os errr hmmm.

Admittedly, I must be a bit of a masochist if I went to that match and thought "you know, I like this squad."
You always meet one... on 20:12 - Jun 28 with 1627 viewsHarrowRoadR

My daughter wasn't far from you, she lived in Bushwick now BedSty.
You always meet one... on 20:24 - Jun 28 with 1612 viewsjohncharles

Here in Carnoustie, getting geared up for the Open, I’m walking along sporting my hoops (car giant) shirt and a Brummie lorry driver stopped a asked where the site entrance was.
I said “ dunno mate, I’m from Shepherds Bush”

Strong and stable my arse.

You always meet one... on 20:39 - Jun 28 with 1600 viewshubble

15 years ago I was trekking across the Gobi desert as part of a documentary charting the early days of Ghengis Khan. On a particularly hot day we saw a lone figure on a camel coming towards us through the shimmering haze. At first I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me, but no, the person on the camel really was wearing a Rangers shirt. When he reached us it turned out he was a Mongolian horse herder who had, bizarrely, once been to London on a cultural exchange and been taken to see the Rs. It was his first ever football match. Even more bizarrely, given that we were on the ancient Silk Road, was the name on the back oh his shirt: Barry Silkman. It was the strangest of unexpected meetings.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

You always meet one... on 01:22 - Jun 29 with 1480 viewsPlanetHonneywood

You always meet one... on 20:39 - Jun 28 by hubble

15 years ago I was trekking across the Gobi desert as part of a documentary charting the early days of Ghengis Khan. On a particularly hot day we saw a lone figure on a camel coming towards us through the shimmering haze. At first I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me, but no, the person on the camel really was wearing a Rangers shirt. When he reached us it turned out he was a Mongolian horse herder who had, bizarrely, once been to London on a cultural exchange and been taken to see the Rs. It was his first ever football match. Even more bizarrely, given that we were on the ancient Silk Road, was the name on the back oh his shirt: Barry Silkman. It was the strangest of unexpected meetings.

I think this has nudged into third, the bloke at Madison Square Gardens seeing Paul on his zamboni, and my fave into second.

A chum and his wife were trekking towards Everest base camp. They stopped at a hut for a breather and made pleasantries with another couple. Within five minutes both the blokes had turned to their wives in unison to inform “you’ll never believe it, he’s a QPR fan!”

Honourable mention for this one from a couple of early members of the Manc Rs in the 90s. This chap is unpacking upon landing in Manila for a few months work, he puts his QPR mug into a cupboard in the kitchen only to discover, a QPR mug already there! Later that night, this bloke comes home, opens a cupboard and discovers while he’s been out all day, a second QPR mug has joined his own. A story they relayed to us when they both arrived in Manchester a few months after each other!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

You always meet one... on 12:25 - Jun 29 with 1366 viewsderbyhoop

Now living in rural France, the only other QPR supporter I know of in this area, lives 10km away. I bump into him at various functions.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024