Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top quality rant on Clive's favourite subject 12:09 - Jun 29 with 2997 viewsMrSheen

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/fifa-world-cup-2018/var-shows-chasing-the-al
Top quality rant on Clive's favourite subject on 13:18 - Jun 29 with 2905 viewsqprxtc

Yes, yes and thrice yes.
Top quality rant on Clive's favourite subject on 16:39 - Jun 29 with 2780 viewsWokingR

I thought Clive's favourite subject was British Rail timetables between 1984 and 1989.
Top quality rant on Clive's favourite subject on 17:13 - Jun 29 with 2746 viewsloftboy

I thought it was any thread involving Brexit 😇

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Top quality rant on Clive's favourite subject on 23:52 - Jun 29 with 2629 viewsFDC

I'm going to pin my colours: I'm a fan of VAR.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that England will 100% go out of the world cup as a result of some enormous VAR controversy. But up until now and on balance I think it's good. And you can be sure that next season people will bemoan it's absence in England having got used to it at the WC
Top quality rant on Clive's favourite subject on 00:40 - Jun 30 with 2593 viewsJigsore

Talking about VAR is a given since it's the first time it's been used in a major tournament. But when we talk about VAR it's nearly always been about the referee being referred by the VAR ref team and making a bad decision anyway (e.g Iran's penalty in the Portugal-Iran game).

one of the thing's that most annoy me on something like MOTD is seeing the punditry team spending 5 minutes on a ref and then 2 minutes on the actual game... VAR is no different and you'd have to assume they'd do it anyway. if anything hopefully controversies should become less common as we go on.

i don't know how long it would ever take to see VAR implemented as far down as even the Championship but it certainly seems to be having a positive impact in the World Cup. Much more so than the farcial trial in the FA Cup

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Top quality rant on Clive's favourite subject on 01:19 - Jun 30 with 2578 viewsvanrrrr

players surrounding ref drawing an imaginary TV rather than waving an imaginary card....hardly progress
Top quality rant on Clive's favourite subject on 01:32 - Jun 30 with 2573 viewssmegma

I couldn't be @rsed to read the article, seeing how big the article is. But I did note it's from an Aussie paper so is probably full of shoite talking about a sport they don't even understand. Stick to cricket.
Top quality rant on Clive's favourite subject on 08:32 - Jun 30 with 2505 viewsCiderwithRsie

The bit about cricket is just plain wrong. Video technology works fine in that sport and the part that he/she objects to (ball tracking) has directly led to a revival in spin bowling as umpires have been educated as to just how many balls would have hit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024