Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth FFP 11:31 - Jul 5 with 8082 viewsMedwayR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44721788

Due to be fined £7.6m but settled at £4.75m. I'd like to know the basis on which this was agreed as surely it could impact our dispute...

Poll: Who’s better?

Bournemouth FFP on 11:54 - Jul 9 with 1663 viewswhittocksRs

It does feel like that if the EFL offered a £10m compromise fine based on the newer rules, we'd accept it and everyone could move on. Why they've decided we specifically must be tried under the old rules, I cannot understand.

Maybe they feel our lawyers have just tried to stall to put distance between when the charges were brought (under the old rules) and now. Either way it seems incredibly unfair at this stage.
Bournemouth FFP on 17:03 - Jul 9 with 1509 viewsterryb

Bournemouth FFP on 11:54 - Jul 9 by whittocksRs

It does feel like that if the EFL offered a £10m compromise fine based on the newer rules, we'd accept it and everyone could move on. Why they've decided we specifically must be tried under the old rules, I cannot understand.

Maybe they feel our lawyers have just tried to stall to put distance between when the charges were brought (under the old rules) and now. Either way it seems incredibly unfair at this stage.

I'm probably wrong, but are we not the only club that "pleaded" Not Guilty?

Didn't we then try to backdate the debt conversion after our relegation?

Maybe The Football League are p****d off with us & that may be reflected in their stance? Maybe, we could have negoiated a lower fine if we had accepted our culpability?

I'm sure we will find out soon!
Bournemouth FFP on 17:26 - Jul 9 with 1475 viewsterryb

I've just seen rumours that Birmingham have been placed under a transfer embargo.

Wouldn't it be too soon for the EFL to enforce this as the accounts ending May 2018 wouldn't have been released yet (probably not even finalised)?

Could they have failed FFP for the previous three years?
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 17:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024