Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Brexit Washing Machine Thread 08:45 - Jul 9 with 63602 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Where everyone has a opinion but no one changes their mind.

[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 0:00]
David Davis on 08:59 - Jul 9 with 14769 viewspaulparker

if the Tories have any hope of winning the next Election they need to revolt and hoy the Useless May out NOW and carry out what 17.5 million people voted for which was the most important vote of our generation , the likes of Johnson, May , Cameron, Gove are pretty much worse than traitors IMO

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

David Davis on 09:25 - Jul 9 with 14716 viewsbosh67

I heard the news last night and thought.... can he play centre back?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

David Davis on 09:35 - Jul 9 with 14677 viewsaston_hoop

David Davis on 09:25 - Jul 9 by bosh67

I heard the news last night and thought.... can he play centre back?

centre mid for Birmingham ain't he??

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

David Davis on 09:40 - Jul 9 with 14644 views2Thomas2Bowles

May was/is a remainer so she was always going to stitch up the 17M that voted to leave.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

David Davis on 09:45 - Jul 9 with 14620 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

David Davis on 08:59 - Jul 9 by paulparker

if the Tories have any hope of winning the next Election they need to revolt and hoy the Useless May out NOW and carry out what 17.5 million people voted for which was the most important vote of our generation , the likes of Johnson, May , Cameron, Gove are pretty much worse than traitors IMO

I would have thought Johnson and Gove’s position is right up your street Paul?
David Davis on 09:59 - Jul 9 with 14595 viewsderbyhoop

17.4m people may have voted to Leave but, at no point was it ever defined what Leave actually meant. Theresa May's red lines have just made things more complex than it already was.
Over the last 2 years it has become clear there are only 2 high level approaches that the government can adopt.
1) Cut ourselves away completely, with the risk of crashing the UK economy as investment falls and business (Airbus, BMW, Rolls-Royce, etc) makes plans to re-locate
2) Keep as closely aligned as possible to our nearest and biggest market and accept that means following the standards, rules and regulations decided elsewhere

None is politically acceptable to the majority. Some would accept option 1 but many Leave voters are not prepared to accept the consequences to the economy and jobs. Option 2 would, according to ERG, presumably Davis and his team, and some others mean betraying "the will of the people".

There is a third option. Call the whole thing off , before it becomes a victim of its own contradictions.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

David Davis on 10:09 - Jul 9 with 14569 viewsGloryHunter

I wonder how the Sunderland Nissan workers (for example) would vote now, if there were a second referendum. Most Leave voters had no idea what exactly they were voting for.
David Davis on 10:18 - Jul 9 with 14519 views2Thomas2Bowles

David Davis on 09:59 - Jul 9 by derbyhoop

17.4m people may have voted to Leave but, at no point was it ever defined what Leave actually meant. Theresa May's red lines have just made things more complex than it already was.
Over the last 2 years it has become clear there are only 2 high level approaches that the government can adopt.
1) Cut ourselves away completely, with the risk of crashing the UK economy as investment falls and business (Airbus, BMW, Rolls-Royce, etc) makes plans to re-locate
2) Keep as closely aligned as possible to our nearest and biggest market and accept that means following the standards, rules and regulations decided elsewhere

None is politically acceptable to the majority. Some would accept option 1 but many Leave voters are not prepared to accept the consequences to the economy and jobs. Option 2 would, according to ERG, presumably Davis and his team, and some others mean betraying "the will of the people".

There is a third option. Call the whole thing off , before it becomes a victim of its own contradictions.

There is a third option. Call the whole thing off

Just what the remainers want.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

David Davis on 10:20 - Jul 9 with 14517 viewspaulparker

David Davis on 09:45 - Jul 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

I would have thought Johnson and Gove’s position is right up your street Paul?

initially yes Baz I thought they would be tough and help deliver what was voted for , they have spoken a good game about Brexit but have p1ssed about so much I actually think its to late for this mob now , Johnson is all about himself (like all politicians I know) but its now backfiring, they should have been up mays ar se from the off instead of lurking in the shadows , Labour should and will get in next leaving Johnson looking like the buffoon he is , this has to be one of the worst government's ever and I include Blairs lot in that

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

David Davis on 10:52 - Jul 9 with 14416 viewsMytch_QPR

David Davis on 10:18 - Jul 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

There is a third option. Call the whole thing off

Just what the remainers want.

Brexit Means Brexit

It's as clear as...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

David Davis on 11:18 - Jul 9 with 14353 viewsPlanetHonneywood

David Davis on 10:09 - Jul 9 by GloryHunter

I wonder how the Sunderland Nissan workers (for example) would vote now, if there were a second referendum. Most Leave voters had no idea what exactly they were voting for.

With a second consecutive relegation, I think they've got enough on their plates right now.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

David Davis on 11:21 - Jul 9 with 14351 viewsCiderwithRsie

Not keen on getting into Brexit debates here, but here's a question for everyone to satisfy my curiosity:

What do people think of EFTA (which we were in before we went into the Common Market)? Good idea? Bad idea? Never heard of it?
David Davis on 11:27 - Jul 9 with 14334 viewsstevec

May is gutless, a pen pusher at best.

Why we keep asking the EU for acceptance I do not know. Two years ago the Government should have said 'we're off, we will have total control over our immigration policy, we are happy to have free trade with you but you charge us tariffs and we'll do the same to you. Let us know if that's agreeable otherwise go fck yourselves'. Or words to that effect.

Every major company on the continent would have told the EU commissioners to back down and get on with it, instead we have this mess.

I'm at a point where I hope the Government falls, Corbyn gets in and completely shafts every last one of us in the process. Only when we're on our knees will people finally accept we need a new brand of politics that isn't Labour or the Conservatives.
David Davis on 11:30 - Jul 9 with 14326 viewsJuzzie

The whole thing is a mess.

Whether we like it or not we have to press through with it otherwise it's makes a mockery of the whole democratic process.

For me the biggest change has to be that politicians etc. are accountable for what they say, what they promise etc. They simply cannot blatantly lie especially in the run-up to elections/referendums and get way with it.

They have to be duty & legally bound to present the truth and the facts and if that means they lose whatever it is they're trying to do then so be it, that's how it works.
We have a bunch of children running the country who stamp their feet and tell fibs if they don't get what they want.

Enough of this schit. Act and behave like an adult or face the consequences.

[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 11:36]
David Davis on 11:34 - Jul 9 with 14304 viewsjonno

Surely it was quite clear? Leave the EU? Pretty straightforward I would have thought.
David Davis on 11:49 - Jul 9 with 14248 viewsSuperhoop83

David Davis on 11:34 - Jul 9 by jonno

Surely it was quite clear? Leave the EU? Pretty straightforward I would have thought.

Whichever side of the debate you're on, leaving the EU might be the least straightforward thing the country has ever done, which is why more than 2 years later no-one has a clue how best/least badly to achieve it. The Tories are an utter shambles and brought it on themselves, but this is not a straightforward situation.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 11:49]

Suffering since 1978.

David Davis on 12:16 - Jul 9 with 14173 viewshubble

I'm sure most of you have seen how Danny Dyer sums it up: "No one's got a fckin clue what Brexit is.." "It's like a mad riddle.."

But for those that haven't, I found this amusing...

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

David Davis on 12:21 - Jul 9 with 14158 viewsRs_Holy

i voted to leave back in 2016 but if they do a re-run I'm changing to remain.
Its not just because of the complete pigs ear the government and May have made of it but that certainly is a factor.
David Davis on 12:22 - Jul 9 with 14156 viewsQPR_Jim

David Davis on 11:30 - Jul 9 by Juzzie

The whole thing is a mess.

Whether we like it or not we have to press through with it otherwise it's makes a mockery of the whole democratic process.

For me the biggest change has to be that politicians etc. are accountable for what they say, what they promise etc. They simply cannot blatantly lie especially in the run-up to elections/referendums and get way with it.

They have to be duty & legally bound to present the truth and the facts and if that means they lose whatever it is they're trying to do then so be it, that's how it works.
We have a bunch of children running the country who stamp their feet and tell fibs if they don't get what they want.

Enough of this schit. Act and behave like an adult or face the consequences.

[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 11:36]

But the referendum wasn't very democratic and there were two options, remain which had a clear outcome or leave which had several options and possibilities. At the time there was talk of adopting a Danish solution or Swiss solutions amongst others which hinted at different levels of relationship with the EU from the outside after Brexit. So Brexit was allowed to be all things to all people without clear definition of what leave would actually entail. Then we have the politicians telling us after the event, "this is what they voted for" as if there was any clear definition and "the will of the people" who were all thinking of different things while a slightly smaller number of people all voted for one thing.

It just doesn't seem like a good form of democracy to me.
David Davis on 12:31 - Jul 9 with 14124 viewsJuzzie

David Davis on 12:22 - Jul 9 by QPR_Jim

But the referendum wasn't very democratic and there were two options, remain which had a clear outcome or leave which had several options and possibilities. At the time there was talk of adopting a Danish solution or Swiss solutions amongst others which hinted at different levels of relationship with the EU from the outside after Brexit. So Brexit was allowed to be all things to all people without clear definition of what leave would actually entail. Then we have the politicians telling us after the event, "this is what they voted for" as if there was any clear definition and "the will of the people" who were all thinking of different things while a slightly smaller number of people all voted for one thing.

It just doesn't seem like a good form of democracy to me.

Which is exactly why it needs to change. We can't change the decision from June 2016 because it's realised it's flawed after the event (sort of like FFP!), we can though use it as a massive leverage to change the process going forward to ensure it doesn't happen again.
David Davis on 12:34 - Jul 9 with 14109 viewspaulparker

David Davis on 12:16 - Jul 9 by hubble

I'm sure most of you have seen how Danny Dyer sums it up: "No one's got a fckin clue what Brexit is.." "It's like a mad riddle.."

But for those that haven't, I found this amusing...

Danny Dyer is a cretin , he seems to be everywhere at the moment and not in a good way either , the bloke is an embarrassment with that stupid mockney accent ,

David Davis on 12:46 - Jul 9 with 14066 viewshook_hoops

If Option 2) is deemed to be the best way forward then we may as well stay in the EU, otherwise we will still be run by Europe, we will still have to pay into EU coffers, we will still be subject to EU Law, the only difference will be that we don't have any say in how the EU is run, i.e. no vote.
David Davis on 12:47 - Jul 9 with 14060 viewsBasingstokeR

David Davis on 08:59 - Jul 9 by paulparker

They ARE carrying out what 17.5m voted for though.

Being any more detailed about outcome than was on the ballot and 17.5m people didn't vote for it.
David Davis on 13:24 - Jul 9 with 13951 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The real issue here is that we've not had a proper decent leader since Robin Hood, and neither have we looked anywhere near having one either!

Our politicians are utterly useless and frankly, there is no one in the wings who offers a shred of optimism. Certainly not among the Tories and less so on the Labour benches, possible Stammer aside.

We have absolutely messed up our negotiating position to such an extent, that the real opportunity we had on 24 June 2016, has gone. Namely, that the EU is of itself, utterly incapable of making a decision in a timely manner. It never has! But this is due to the fact that the timing of the referendum was wrong - if it was needed, then it should have been further down the road, not as a result of Cameron trying to resolve a fight in his own ranks that he was too naive to think he couldn't lose it!

While I am not necessarily saying SteveC's position above is correct, if we had been cohesive and robust at the outset, then this would be a lot further down the way toward an outcome, because, as he correctly said, the bankers/multinationals would have pushed it.

Whether Remainers like it: the EU is rather German-centric; it's increasingly neo-liberal; and as we saw with Greece, not averse to a lick of paint from the austerity brush either. This notion of free-movement is nothing more than a ruse to allow cheaper labour to move from second-tier EU, to first-tier. Its economic and monetary policies have arguably been worse than ours and as for those little nuggets of: transparency, accountability and efficiency, well the EU is not the ideal model.

Sadly, too many of the Brexit leaders turned this into a race issue. They should hang their heads in shame for what they said/did. The fact that it was allowed to fester, is a stain on the UK.

As Macron recently admitted, if France held a referendum, he could not rule out a Francexit, and to assume everyone is humming the 'Anthem of Europe' within the EU is patently rubbish. The EU was fretting that the demise of Greece would send the institution into a nosedive - if that really was the case, then no way could the EU, much less the global economy afford to see the fifth richest economy go nipples north.

What has happened, is that the increasingly neo-liberal agenda has tightened its grip and not just on the UK, but globally as well. They have been aided and abetted by arguably the weakest PM in living memory, presiding over the most talent-less government, in one of the poorest House of Commons I can think of. They have made us a laughing stock and if that JR-M gets into the hot-seat, then abandon ship.

God help us if Gareth and his Charges don't 'bring it home' because its not waistcoats we'll need, but flak jackets.

Utterly and completely useless from top to bottom. I fear a second vote looms and the fall-out will be messy.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

David Davis on 13:26 - Jul 9 with 13927 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrr....
Corbyn Dioxide be very tricky stuff.Nearly scuppered The Black Pig on a bounty jaunt in the Devil's Triangle,ship lost complete support and foundered up to the gunwales.

Yo Ho!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024