Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Brexit Washing Machine Thread 08:45 - Jul 9 with 63071 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Where everyone has a opinion but no one changes their mind.

[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 0:00]
David Davis on 13:35 - Jul 9 with 2721 viewsJuzzie

"The real issue here is that we've not had a proper decent leader since Robin Hood, and neither have we looked anywhere near having one either!"

This is, IMO, because anyone who possibly could do the job properly will be in the private sector earning £millions p/a rather than the £150,000 p/a that the PM gets so the people who are in parliament are barrel scrapers who couldn't do a top job in the private sector so we end up with these cretins running (sic) our country.
David Davis on 14:14 - Jul 9 with 2630 viewsCiderwithRsie

David Davis on 10:09 - Jul 9 by GloryHunter

I wonder how the Sunderland Nissan workers (for example) would vote now, if there were a second referendum. Most Leave voters had no idea what exactly they were voting for.

I'm a classic Remainer but I don't agree with this at all. Some people didn't understand, but that's true in every vote and it was as bad on both sides.

Problem is that for Remain some people were keen, some were "meh" but everyone voted for the same thing. But for Leave there was a coalition - some wanted to stop immigration, some to get sovereignty, some to stop globalisation, some to open up trade with the USA etc. Arguably you can do all of those things with Brexit, but you can't do all of them at the same time and everything follows from that.

It's like having a poll on here to sack McClaren: Yes or No? If 52% vote Yes it doesn't mean people will like the new coach or that anyone decent would come here.
David Davis on 14:18 - Jul 9 with 2613 viewsNorthernr

If only it could have been foreseen that this would be a monumentally complicated, unworkable, expensive, divisive clusterfck before the vote.
David Davis on 14:31 - Jul 9 with 2580 viewsstevec

David Davis on 14:18 - Jul 9 by Northernr

If only it could have been foreseen that this would be a monumentally complicated, unworkable, expensive, divisive clusterfck before the vote.

Things are only as complicated as people (in this case politicians) want to make them.
David Davis on 14:42 - Jul 9 with 2544 viewsCiderwithRsie

David Davis on 14:31 - Jul 9 by stevec

Things are only as complicated as people (in this case politicians) want to make them.

Yeah, brain surgery is really simple if only you don't try to make it complicated.

Slice the head open, scoop the brains out, job done.

It's all this "keeping the patient alive" crap that makes it so complicated. Health and safety gone mad.
David Davis on 14:45 - Jul 9 with 2537 viewsPhildo

will it ever reach the point where we just sack the whole thing off as a bad/unworkable idea?
David Davis on 14:58 - Jul 9 with 2504 viewsMaggsinho

Looks like Boris is getting ready to resign too.
David Davis on 15:01 - Jul 9 with 2496 viewsMytch_QPR

Or: if only people could have realised that they can't have their cake and eat it (as we were all told) - or £350m a week for the NHS.

If any EU Country could just leave the club and suddenly be better off they'd all be doing it.

The EU will play hardball and leaving without a deal will be financial suicide. Theresa May is not a great PM by any stretch of the imagination but anyone in her position will be screwed as the cabinet and whole of parliament will be split.

PS - Clive, I'm sure you're pleased we're off the football nonsense and back on the proper subjects again.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 15:02]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

David Davis on 15:02 - Jul 9 with 2489 viewsrunningman75

Boris gone, will Labour start singing its coming home as we have only won the world cup under a Labour government.
David Davis on 15:03 - Jul 9 with 2489 viewsRs_Holy

Boris gone now!
David Davis on 15:05 - Jul 9 with 2474 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Can I just commend everyone on some actual reasonable and non hostile debate for once though.

I put it down to good weather and the fact that it's coming home.
David Davis on 15:10 - Jul 9 with 2459 viewsMytch_QPR

David Davis on 15:05 - Jul 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can I just commend everyone on some actual reasonable and non hostile debate for once though.

I put it down to good weather and the fact that it's coming home.

Oh f*** off.

(only joking)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

David Davis on 15:10 - Jul 9 with 2459 viewsessextaxiboy

I was planning a thread for Aug congratulating the political protagonists for all getting through the summer without a ding dong ......
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 15:11]
David Davis on 15:16 - Jul 9 with 2430 viewsstevec

David Davis on 15:02 - Jul 9 by runningman75

Boris gone, will Labour start singing its coming home as we have only won the world cup under a Labour government.

Jezza waiting at the airport Monday week.. congratulations on winning the World Cup lads, we're going to celebrate by taking all your wages in tax.
David Davis on 15:21 - Jul 9 with 2412 viewsrobith

Mad how Johnson got to resign of his own free will, rather than being sacked for recklessly putting a British citizen's life in danger in Iran
David Davis on 15:25 - Jul 9 with 2400 viewspaulparker

Not if you had a strong leader and a strong Government it wouldn't have been nor needed to have been
the Tories are toast now that's them done for a very, very long time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

David Davis on 15:35 - Jul 9 with 2350 viewskensalriser

David Davis on 15:25 - Jul 9 by paulparker

Not if you had a strong leader and a strong Government it wouldn't have been nor needed to have been
the Tories are toast now that's them done for a very, very long time

And if QPR had a strong forward line and a solid defence last season we might have gone up.

But the facts are the facts.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

David Davis on 15:41 - Jul 9 with 2318 viewsrobith

What do the cabinet brexiteers actually want? All I ever hear from them is "no" and some spurious allusion to which ever country's model is in vogue this week (they liked Norway during the referendum, references to Canada up 110% this week)
David Davis on 15:41 - Jul 9 with 2317 viewshopphoops

Every time I come close to commenting I give up. I find it all so massively depressing.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

David Davis on 15:43 - Jul 9 with 2305 viewspaulparker

David Davis on 15:35 - Jul 9 by kensalriser

And if QPR had a strong forward line and a solid defence last season we might have gone up.

But the facts are the facts.

the facts are May was an awful home secretary and now an even worse PM

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

David Davis on 15:51 - Jul 9 with 2268 viewskensalriser

David Davis on 15:43 - Jul 9 by paulparker

the facts are May was an awful home secretary and now an even worse PM

That we can definitely agree on!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

David Davis on 16:11 - Jul 9 with 2220 viewsessextaxiboy

David Davis on 15:16 - Jul 9 by stevec

Jezza waiting at the airport Monday week.. congratulations on winning the World Cup lads, we're going to celebrate by taking all your wages in tax.

I think they have given it all to charity , he might have to stump up gift aid ....
David Davis on 16:19 - Jul 9 with 2195 viewsessextaxiboy

May just said in Parliament" individuals and businesses will not be able to take their case to the ECJ and overule the UK court"

Easily the biggest reason why I voted out . As long as that doesnt get negotiated away and the small print confirms it I am getting behind this proposed deal .
David Davis on 16:24 - Jul 9 with 2159 views2Thomas2Bowles

David Davis on 16:19 - Jul 9 by essextaxiboy

May just said in Parliament" individuals and businesses will not be able to take their case to the ECJ and overule the UK court"

Easily the biggest reason why I voted out . As long as that doesnt get negotiated away and the small print confirms it I am getting behind this proposed deal .

They will simply write all ECJ in to uk law when the EU tells her to
She is doing everything else they tell her to.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 16:24]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

David Davis on 16:26 - Jul 9 with 2142 viewshopphoops

Poor Boris, half an hour ago he was Foreign Secretary and now he's not even allowed his own thread. How the mighty fall.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024