Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Brexit Washing Machine Thread 08:45 - Jul 9 with 63631 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Where everyone has a opinion but no one changes their mind.

[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 0:00]
David Davis on 16:29 - Jul 9 with 2807 viewsJigsore

I wish Bosh had made the thread because then it'd probably mean he died instead

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

David Davis on 16:38 - Jul 9 with 2755 viewsLythamR

Boris will bob up again dont worry, just like an annoying unflushable turd
David Davis + Boris on 16:49 - Jul 9 with 2716 viewsNorthernr

Changed the thread title - sorry Baz, had to edit your original post to do it.
David Davis on 16:57 - Jul 9 with 2675 viewsMonahoop

David Davis on 12:22 - Jul 9 by QPR_Jim

But the referendum wasn't very democratic and there were two options, remain which had a clear outcome or leave which had several options and possibilities. At the time there was talk of adopting a Danish solution or Swiss solutions amongst others which hinted at different levels of relationship with the EU from the outside after Brexit. So Brexit was allowed to be all things to all people without clear definition of what leave would actually entail. Then we have the politicians telling us after the event, "this is what they voted for" as if there was any clear definition and "the will of the people" who were all thinking of different things while a slightly smaller number of people all voted for one thing.

It just doesn't seem like a good form of democracy to me.

Yes, the Danish solution to all this sounds the best...…………….Probably!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

David Davis on 17:02 - Jul 9 with 2653 viewsCiderwithRsie

David Davis on 15:10 - Jul 9 by essextaxiboy

I was planning a thread for Aug congratulating the political protagonists for all getting through the summer without a ding dong ......
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 15:11]

Yeah, we all signed up to an agreement that we wouldn't have a row but there's been a spate of resignations
David Davis on 17:10 - Jul 9 with 2620 viewshopphoops

David Davis on 16:57 - Jul 9 by Monahoop

Yes, the Danish solution to all this sounds the best...…………….Probably!

It's great in Denmark but they try in Britain and it tastes of piss

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

David Davis + Boris on 17:12 - Jul 9 with 2609 viewsQPRDEL

Think James o Brian summed it all up best when saying it was like trying to take the butter back out of a cake
David Davis + Boris on 17:15 - Jul 9 with 2598 viewsdistortR

I give up.
How can someone who opposes Brexit lead us through it?
Totalitarian capitalism wins the day.
We're doomed every which way round.
Will our next PM be a reality tv star? It's a symptom, not the problem.
Login to get fewer ads

David Davis + Boris on 17:17 - Jul 9 with 2590 viewsessextaxiboy

David Davis + Boris on 17:12 - Jul 9 by QPRDEL

Think James o Brian summed it all up best when saying it was like trying to take the butter back out of a cake

Considering he went all in for the Iraq war ,and then went big on "Nick"" and Exaro News on the child abuse in public life allegations he has got form in calling the big issues dead wrong.

His massive ego wont allow you to point that out though , he blocked me on Twitter for politely doing so .....
David Davis + Boris on 17:40 - Jul 9 with 2500 viewsloftboy

I knew what I was voting for in Brexit, it was to leave the EU in its entirety, we are being unnecessarily held to ransom Ove rad trade deal, it should be a two way thing, there’s plenty of countries out there wanting to trade with us, tell the EU to join the queue with the rest if the world.
The EU is like the school Bullies, all the individuals are lovely and friendly when they are on their own but when they get together they act all hard and don’t want to know you.
This latest proposal by May is at the best scandalous and at the worst a complete kick in the nuts for anyone who voted to leave.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

David Davis + Boris on 17:49 - Jul 9 with 2475 viewsRangersw12

Fck Brexit , Football's coming home !!
David Davis on 17:58 - Jul 9 with 2445 viewsQPR_John

David Davis on 09:59 - Jul 9 by derbyhoop

17.4m people may have voted to Leave but, at no point was it ever defined what Leave actually meant. Theresa May's red lines have just made things more complex than it already was.
Over the last 2 years it has become clear there are only 2 high level approaches that the government can adopt.
1) Cut ourselves away completely, with the risk of crashing the UK economy as investment falls and business (Airbus, BMW, Rolls-Royce, etc) makes plans to re-locate
2) Keep as closely aligned as possible to our nearest and biggest market and accept that means following the standards, rules and regulations decided elsewhere

None is politically acceptable to the majority. Some would accept option 1 but many Leave voters are not prepared to accept the consequences to the economy and jobs. Option 2 would, according to ERG, presumably Davis and his team, and some others mean betraying "the will of the people".

There is a third option. Call the whole thing off , before it becomes a victim of its own contradictions.

"There is a third option. Call the whole thing off , before it becomes a victim of its own contradictions."

I really do not think it is as easy as that. Every remainder I have heard has not simply suggested we would be worse off but that we can not possibly function outside the EU. Do you really think Brussels won't push this to their advantage. If the whole thing is called off and we stay in the EU we will not simply go back to how it was before. Look forward to the Euro and Schengen.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 17:59]
David Davis on 18:00 - Jul 9 with 2443 viewsted_hendrix

David Davis on 16:26 - Jul 9 by hopphoops

Poor Boris, half an hour ago he was Foreign Secretary and now he's not even allowed his own thread. How the mighty fall.

Got to admit that made me laugh.

Anyway, all we need now is a PM leadership challenge, kinda wish I hadn't said that but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it happened with this current "swearword" beginning in f and ending in p of a situation.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

David Davis on 18:04 - Jul 9 with 2427 viewsessextaxiboy

David Davis on 17:58 - Jul 9 by QPR_John

"There is a third option. Call the whole thing off , before it becomes a victim of its own contradictions."

I really do not think it is as easy as that. Every remainder I have heard has not simply suggested we would be worse off but that we can not possibly function outside the EU. Do you really think Brussels won't push this to their advantage. If the whole thing is called off and we stay in the EU we will not simply go back to how it was before. Look forward to the Euro and Schengen.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 17:59]

This is true IMO

During the campaign remaining was often described as voting for no change . A remain vote would have been taken by the EU as a ringing endorsement by one of the biggest financial members of their increasing integration.
David Davis on 18:25 - Jul 9 with 2379 viewsBasingstokeR

David Davis on 18:04 - Jul 9 by essextaxiboy

This is true IMO

During the campaign remaining was often described as voting for no change . A remain vote would have been taken by the EU as a ringing endorsement by one of the biggest financial members of their increasing integration.

David Davis + Boris on 18:36 - Jul 9 with 2340 viewsDorse

Political threads aren't my thing but I would love to see everyone except Teresa May resign just to see what happens.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

David Davis on 18:41 - Jul 9 with 2326 viewsWatfordR

David Davis on 14:18 - Jul 9 by Northernr

If only it could have been foreseen that this would be a monumentally complicated, unworkable, expensive, divisive clusterfck before the vote.

This, absolutely 100%.

Decades without a single political leader of substance, strength and integrity on any spectrum, and apparently just over 17 million people thought we'd suddenly find someone who could negotiate a favourable withdrawal deal for the UK.

David Davis on 18:48 - Jul 9 with 2310 viewsEsox_Lucius

David Davis on 15:16 - Jul 9 by stevec

Jezza waiting at the airport Monday week.. congratulations on winning the World Cup lads, we're going to celebrate by taking all your wages in tax.

All their money is being donated to charity for the world cup games.

The grass is always greener.

David Davis on 19:02 - Jul 9 with 2278 viewskensalriser

David Davis on 16:24 - Jul 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

They will simply write all ECJ in to uk law when the EU tells her to
She is doing everything else they tell her to.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 16:24]

Courts don't make law, they interpret it.

The UK has had an extremely poor negotiating position since the outset and to pretend otherwise is delusional.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 19:19]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

David Davis on 19:09 - Jul 9 with 2256 viewsdistortR

David Davis on 19:02 - Jul 9 by kensalriser

The UK has had an extremely poor negotiating position since the outset and to pretend otherwise is delusional.

Who says he's prenteding?
David Davis on 19:15 - Jul 9 with 2241 views2Thomas2Bowles

David Davis on 19:02 - Jul 9 by kensalriser

Half in half out is nowhere

To go back with tail between our legs, we well be EU's gimps.
To me May has never been fully on board with leaving and is selling us out.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 19:16]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

David Davis on 19:25 - Jul 9 with 2208 viewskensalriser

David Davis on 19:15 - Jul 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Half in half out is nowhere

To go back with tail between our legs, we well be EU's gimps.
To me May has never been fully on board with leaving and is selling us out.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 19:16]

The people selling us out are Jacob Rees-Mogg, Boris Johnson and all the other privileged architects of Brexit who will suffer no personal adverse consequences because they're wealthy enough to be able to buy their way through life.

Like this guy, who isn't even British: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brexiteer-hard-brexit-eu-passpor

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

David Davis + Boris on 19:45 - Jul 9 with 2164 viewsQPR_John

David Davis + Boris on 17:17 - Jul 9 by essextaxiboy

Considering he went all in for the Iraq war ,and then went big on "Nick"" and Exaro News on the child abuse in public life allegations he has got form in calling the big issues dead wrong.

His massive ego wont allow you to point that out though , he blocked me on Twitter for politely doing so .....

Glad to hear somebody else has the same opinion of him.
David Davis + Boris on 20:14 - Jul 9 with 2109 viewscolinallcars

We should not of course forget that the architect of all this was David Cameron, unrivalled as this country's worst ever Prime Minister. Not as despised as Thatcher or as pitied as Brown, but easliy the most damaging to his own party and the stability of the country as a whole.
David Davis + Boris on 20:26 - Jul 9 with 2085 viewsTonto

Yes leave won. Yes 17.5M people voted to leave. This is indisputable. But what it neglects is that the vote was very close... 0.9% in it. So it strikes me that if we are going to do Need it, which as others have poi tad out has never been defined, a soft News if would be the best way forward to satisfy the majority?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024